Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 19 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 ???)Topic%20Title

Benjamin futilely tried peeking into the passage, but couldn’t see any further without going inside. He grumbled silently and looked at the chaos unfolding around him.

“Everybody needs to calm down. You’re all Star Citizens, aren’t you? The pride of Rattlewater?” He looked at Ivan in particular with his last comment. “We still have a job to do.”

Charlotte and Ivan squeeze into the gap in the stones.

They make it to the corpse. It stares up at them lifelessly. The small room contains little more than two skeletons against a wall, the corpse on the floor, and a spray of blood.

The smell is suffocating.

"A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED, PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO INVESTIGATE. THE TRIBUNAL WILL BEGIN SHORTLY."

Belphegor glides over to them across the stalactites.

"You are all familiar with the rules, yeah? The truth of what happened here... You all are going to be forced to find that truth... Or run from it."

Benjamin headed towards the waterfall with the intention of looking behind it, unsure if the group had searched there for Micah yet.

"Run for the truth...that is preposterous."

*SLAM!*

"...your words do not concern me, Benjamin. I already know what I must do."

Ivan let out a devious smile. His eyes nearly warped with rage.

"We will play along with this game. And discover the truth...and banish this killer from our sights into the fires of hell. When we return to Rattlewater...it will be after the monsters amongst us are purged."

"Yeah, about that..." Benjamin started, apparently still slowly walking towards the waterfall. "I have another proposal for the group. I think we should have a vote before the tribunal."

"...A vote? And what about..?"

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Run for the truth...that is preposterous."

*SLAM!*

"...your words do not concern me, Benjamin. I already know what I must do."

Ivan let out a devious smile. His eyes nearly warped with rage.

"We will play along with this game. And discover the truth...and banish this killer from our sights into the fires of hell. When we return to Rattlewater...it will be after the monsters amongst us are purged."

"Apparently you've got a shitty memory, that tablet said the killer would be executed, wont be anything to banish if its true."

Last edited by Cold52 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Water splashes over Benjamin getting him damp as he enters the strange passage behind the waterfall.

Inside there's no signs of Micah, although certainly somebody had been through the place at some point during the night.

CaptainPancakes wrote:

Benjamin stepped back through the waterfall before looking at Ivan with dead eyes. “We should sacrifice one of us so the killer can get away.” He said it so casually and unflinchingly, he might as well have been proposing another gossip rule.

"We are dealing with supernatural forces here, there's no longer any doubt about that. We are trapped in this game until there are three people left. If we wish to save as many people as possible, then our best hope is letting the killer get away so they can inform the others about our situation and rescue us."

Benjamin silently looked down as if already expecting his proposal to be negatively received. "If my proposal is opposed, I promise I'll do everything I can to catch Carrie's killer and find Micah. I know what I'm asking is difficult, and some of you may be unwilling to risk your own lives. But I advise you all to deeply consider it."

Charlotte leaned against the wall of the cave, breathing heavily. Her eyes darted from Benjaming to Ivan several times. "You guys are crazy. How the fuck are you so calm?! Carrie's dead!"

Shy guy

"Freaking out about it won't help you," Seb replied to Charlie. "In fact it's liable to only make things worse. So I, at least, choose to be calm over crazy."

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

Benjamin stepped back through the waterfall before looking at Ivan with dead eyes. “We should sacrifice one of us so the killer can get away.” He said it so casually and unflinchingly, he might as well have been proposing another gossip rule.

"We are dealing with supernatural forces here, there's no longer any doubt about that. We are trapped in this game until there are three people left. If we wish to save as many people as possible, then our best hope is letting the killer get away so they can inform the others about our situation and rescue us."

Benjamin silently looked down as if already expecting his proposal to be negatively received. "If my proposal is opposed, I promise I'll do everything I can to catch Carrie's killer and find Micah. I know what I'm asking is difficult, and some of you may be unwilling to risk your own lives. But I advise you all to deeply consider it."

"That..." Seb's eyes glazed over for a moment, and then he nodded numbly. "That does make logical sense. Maybe... maybe that's our best option." His eyes were locked on the ground now, running away from dealing with anything happening around him.

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"...No."

Ivan clapped his hands together and closed his eyes.

"This...tribunal? We shall go through with it. I have no objections to Benjamin's proposal should this murder be committed with the thoughts of us in mind. However!"

*SLAM!*

"...Belphegor has only just arrived. And Carrie was missing before that. This is likely a crime with self-interest in mind. And it is our duty to punish that thought. Letting out a dangerous citizen into Rattlewater...it is simply unthinkable."

Tilting his head, Ivan let out an empty smile. His face embodied calmness mixed with anger...much more frightening than pure rage. "And a trial-like setting is perfect to determine that, is it not? After all, even if we discover the killer's identity, we can simply choose not to vote for him or her. Or as a matter of fact..."

"The killer can just confess now."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just another day.

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

Ya sure only its one of us will brat? last i remember the tablet didnt say only one would suffer...though i dont think it mentioned the punishment either...you know something we dont brat?

Last edited by Cold52 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The American Dream

Brandy remained silent, not opposing nor accepting Benjamin's idea. She wanted to keep everyone safe while they were on this expedition, but something inside kept nagging at her to play the game, as though it would provide her with some kind of catharsis.

Maybe it was because she knew, deep down, there was something larger at play.

Or maybe she wanted to experience another thrill. It's been a while, after all.

Why did anyone do anything, ever?

KamiPanda wrote:
"Freaking out about it won't help you," Seb replied to Charlie. "In fact it's liable to only make things worse. So I, at least, choose to be calm over crazy."

"You're choosing to be a freak! You're acting like a freak!" she replied, with a lot more shouting than Seb.

Ben's plan did not calm her down. "No. No no no. Don't you remember that tablet? If we don't find don't find this tainted, 'the others will suffer a horrific punishment'. I don't even want to know what that is!"

fella

DootDootDoot wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

"You're choosing to be a freak! You're acting like a freak!" she replied, with a lot more shouting than Seb.

Ben's plan did not calm her down. "No. No no no. Don't you remember that tablet? If we don't find don't find this tainted, 'the others will suffer a horrific punishment'. I don't even want to know what that is!"

"I-I have to agree with Charlie here," Oliver said, still catching his breath. His face looked rather sickly now. "We don't seem to have a choice but to do this, as much as we'd rather not. If we don't go through with it, then we'll all die... or worse. I don't want that to happen."

"Sacrificing one of us so the killer can get away...?" Lavender mutters, repeating Ben's proposal to herself. "Your explanation seems to make sense, and yet...I worry if the others will accept such a proposal." The automaton continues. "Have you heard of the crab mentality? They say that when you place a number of crabs in a bucket, and when one crab is about to escape the bucket, the other crabs will pull it back down to prevent it from escaping, as they do not wish to be left behind while one of them gets away. Due to this mentality, all of the crabs remain trapped in the bucket, due to feelings of envy and insecurity."

She pauses. "That is the situation we have found ourselves in. One of us here has the ability to leave the bucket, and yet I doubt the others would be alright with that..."

"It is not our duty to find Carrie's killer." Benjamin sounded irritated. "We're not executioners or meant to dole out justice, we're a search-and-rescue team. That Carrie died is horrible. The loss of even a single innocent life is an ugly tragedy. But it's done. We can't choose to act on emotion or self-preservation, we have to accept that what happened happened. If we play into this game then we're stuck until there's three people left. I can think of few 'horrible punishments' that match that worst-case scenario."

"...Well, then, how about this? If the killer confesses right now, I will more than gladly be the 'sacrifice.'"

Ivan smiled at the others. "How about it? There is no risk for the killer in this scenario. They are being let free. Confessing in front of me, the embodiment of the law, will be more than enough proof that this killing was done to benefit the group as a whole. And we can nip this game in the bud before it starts."

"Now then...killer! Please do not hold your tongue."

"I do not believe we have the luxury of choosing our sacrifice..." Benjamin still looked around expectantly for the killer's confession.

"...Shall we ask Belphegor, then?"

Belphegor nods eerily.

"THERE IS NO SINGLE SACRIFICE. IF YOU FAIL TO FIND THE CULPRIT, ALL THOSE EXCEPT THE CULPRIT WILL SUFFER A CRUEL FATE AT MY HAND."

"It's just the rules of course. Nothing personal. In fact, for many of you I will not choose to hurt you directly."

"...Oho. It appears this tribunal will happen, after all."

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Oho. It appears this tribunal will happen, after all."

"Figures as much...guess nows a good time as any."
Matt grabbed a beer and began chugging it.
"If i have deal with this shit and potentially get that punishment Id rather be drunk cause I dont trust any of your asses to figure this shit out.
Matt went to grab for another beer only to realize...he was out of beers.
"truly this is a greater punishment then death...welp lets get it over with.

fella

Oliver glumly sighed. "This whole situation is absurd and demented... But it seems as if we're roped into it now."

He rubbed the back of his neck. "So, we have time to investigate, correct? We should use this time wisely to find evidence. The more evidence we find, the better."

"Everyone gets punished? That is simply unjust...You cannot do that!" Lavender protests. "How are we even supposed to investigate this?"

Happy Maria

"KEEEEEEE!" Bruce screeched. The poor creature seemed to be in despair seeing Carrie's death, and the appearance of the rather terrifying priest didn't help matters.

As the others were discussing what was going on, they suddenly heard footsteps behind them.

After several minutes of self-hugging and what seemed to be impromptu breathing exercises, Shizune finally calmed down enough to type again. Somewhat, anyway. Her fingers were still quivering too much to hit all the right keys; eventually she ripped her current message out, crinkled and tossed it away, then took one last deep breath and tried again.

Code:
Dear Stars,

Tribunal or not, we should continue to investigate. Miss Yandell is still missing and could be in greater danger the longer we take to find her.

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

Micah steps out of the stalactite tunnel and into the jungle. She starts to walk towards the others.

"What's going on? I had been checking out the altar and-"

She stops in her tracks when she notices the strange being that had now joined them.

"Huh?" She mutters, her face suddenly going pale. "What...who is this?"
Signature loading, please wait...

fella

Cesar Zero wrote:
Micah steps out of the stalactite tunnel and into the jungle. She starts to walk towards the others.

"What's going on? I had been checking out the altar and-"

She stops in her tracks when she notices the strange being that had now joined them.

"Huh?" She mutters, her face suddenly going pale. "What...who is this?"

"This is Belphegor," Oliver said, glancing over to Micah. "He's a... He's a game master of the killing game. And--"

He paused and shook his head, somewhat hesitant to speak further, but Micah needed to know what happened. "... And Carrie is dead."

Just a guy online.

Nail mentally ran through all the probabilities in his head, his fingers idly flipping and tapping as he went through every variable he knew of. He didn't know what all they'd find in the investigation, nor what difference it would make, but still...

"In the interest of self-preservation, even if Sir Benjamin's proposal was correct, I would not volunteer for it." Nail shook his head. "As he even said, we are dealing with clearly supernatural forces here. Who's to say they wouldn't punish us all if we tried to skirt the rules?"

Collin1002 wrote:
"This is Belphegor," Oliver said, glancing over to Micah. "He's a... He's a game master of the killing game."

Micah's eyes widen at the mention of the game master's name. "B-Belphegor? But..." She shakes her head. "No, that can't be right..." She stares at the creature in disbelief. It's not clear if the other part of Oliver's statement had even reached her.

fella

Cesar Zero wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:
"This is Belphegor," Oliver said, glancing over to Micah. "He's a... He's a game master of the killing game."

Micah's eyes widen at the mention of the game master's name. "B-Belphegor? But..." She shakes her head. "No, that can't be right..." She stares at the creature in disbelief. It's not clear if the other part of Oliver's statement had even reached her.

"Do, ah, do you know him?" Oliver asked, raising a brow in confusion.

"One last thing, actually. Could I perchance have an assistant? You see, I am the Chief Demon of Sloth. There are a lot of tasks that need to be done by the game master, so sometimes it helps if someone else could lend a hand. You would receive special privileges and powers, but I don't want to explain them unless you're a qualified and committed candidate."

"So who among you would join me?" Belphegor says, in a cold yet alluring tone.

Ciro looked at Carrie's dead body with sadness in his eyes.

"She wasn't the cleanest, but honestly meant well in the end. We won't let this be in vain, I promise."

He then turns to Chief Demon of Sloth.

"I'll do it," he says. "But answer me this first. You say 'horrific punishment' if we get the tainted wrong. What do you have in mind? You said the killer gets executed if found out, but you never said we will be if we get it wrong, just 'horrific punishment'."

Sock

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"One last thing, actually. Could I perchance have an assistant? You see, I am the Chief Demon of Sloth. There are a lot of tasks that need to be done by the game master, so sometimes it helps if someone else could lend a hand. You would receive special privileges and powers, but I don't want to explain them unless you're a qualified and committed candidate."

"So who among you would join me?" Belphegor says, in a cold yet alluring tone.

Bennett who had been running his hand through his hair, and doing simple breathing exercises to calm himself down finally stood straight and approached Belphegor, instead of being a total wimp.

"...Alright, what kind of work do you want done? What's the price you're willing to pay? Don't mean to brag, but I am an able bodied and fit young man, and I've done my fair share of odd jobs in my life. But I need to know what'd be in it for me first."

"...You two aren't actually serious about assisting this...thing, are you?"

Micah had still been fixated on staring at Belphegor, ignoring everyone else. "'Sloth'?" She seemed confused by this statement. "And how is anyone in their right mind supposed to help someone like...what you claim to be, anyway?" She asked, completely ignoring the two people offering to do just that.

Sock

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...You two aren't actually serious about assisting this...thing, are you?"

"Hey, in my business it pays to work for the winning team." Bennett shrugs. "Also, if working with it means this eldritch horror won't rip my face off and eat my eyes, then I'd feel a lot safer." He shudders at his own thoughts.

"I'm no demon, I won't accept it if it's something I won't wanna do."

Ciro shrugs.

"It's going to force one of us to do it, so I thought I'd take the job no one wanted..."

He looks at Bennett.

"It appears I was mistaken. You can do it then," he says to Bennett.
Page 19 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus