Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 73 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 5 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

"Exactly," Enola said, sounding annoyed. "Maybe his motivations were selfish, bhy should that matter? He still helped people...the net 'good' of the community improved. That's an undeniable fact. Being flawed doesn't mean you can't change the world for the better."

She turned to whoever was talking on the Doctor Nanjo account. "How many charities have you put on, asshole? Unless it's a non-zero answer, then quit wasting our time."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Is it a waste of time? Sometimes motivation is the only clue the police have. All you have is Oliver's word that he does not care about all that anymore. We all know though that when someone has something they feel is precious, they will despair at the thought of letting it go..."

"I do charity work all the time. After all, My advice is free..."

He gives Enola an effortlessly sure look.

"You know that the best of anyone here..."

Shy guy

"Well, it goes without saying that we're not just going to take the easy way out. We're not dealing with Belphegor here," Seb commented drily. "We're going to see this through to the end, examine all the possibilities.

"With that said, it might be simplest to focus on any evidence outside of the bedroom first," he continued. "Have we figured out what the small amount of blood in the kitchen was from? How exactly was it that Ivan got blood on him, again?"

ASCEND

Enola shook her head. "I...don't think that's important..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Seb narrowed his eyes slightly in thought. "You were covered in blood too. I suppose there's some relation there. But if you say there's nothing to find there then I'm not sure we can get much else out of it. However I think that's the only evidence remaining other than anything pertaining to the bedroom. Should we focus instead on Daniel's actions, as per the last topic?"

The American Dream

"Nope, it's definitely important. If a can of oats was important, then so is literal blood," Brandy asserted. "Also jus' puttin' it out there, but Nailifer's advice led a man to develop a gamblin' addiction, sooo.... yeah he kinda... sucks."

Planetbox wrote:
Enola shook her head. "I...don't think that's important..."

Ivan glanced nervously at Enola.

"Ms. Gardner..."

The American Dream

Brandy looked at Enola. Then at Ivan. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again. Then back at Enola, and back Ivan again.

"Well somebody better say somethin'."

ASCEND

"...What?" Enola asked, "Some things are better left in the darkness. I'd rather not go drudging things up...unless you have something to say, Ivan..."

"I think Daniel's movements are most important. Most of the things we don't understand are concentrated within that bedroom."

"Klifford did his best to support his family. That's not so bad is it? Life is full of chances. He was good at embracing them."

He leans forward, His massive stature looming over them.

"Anyway, yes. I think it is in your best interests to talk about what Daniel did, unless Ivan has something to say."

Ivan glanced nervously around him. He seemed very troubled, but he did his best to hide it.

"I...I don't really have anything to say," Ivan said, bringing his baton to his forehead with closed eyes. "If you'd rather not bring it up, then I will not bring it up. Frankly, it's unimportant in the grand scheme of things."

His voice had a hint of doubt as he spoke.

Shy guy

"Well... I guess we'll focus on Daniel after all then," Seb said. "Enola already suggested he was responsible for making a lot of the mess in the bedroom, and ripping the picture out of the frame. However, we've yet to find an explanation for the lamp dowel that was inside his glued-shut hand. Is it possible there was glue all over the dowel beforehand? Then when the blackout occurred, Daniel tried to turn the lamp on but just got his hand glued shut instead."

ASCEND

"That's kinda weird and dumb..." Enola admitted, lightly banging the back of her head against the rock floor. "But I guess it's the only thing that makes sense."

"Well...not really. I have no clue why that would have been necessary...The killer couldn't have known in advance he had that picture in his hand. I'm not sure why Daniel would have tried to turn on the light after the blackout either...he should've known it wouldn't work. Though it does give a reason for why he'd have cut the cord off..."

"Do you really think Daniel would have gotten all that work done in such a short amount of time? He was in the same room as a soft, cushy bed. It is a huge gamble to depend on Daniel's work ethic, is it not?"

"Actually, I'm an old friend of Daniel's family, and as it so happens, I know quite a bit about him, so here's My advice:"

His quiet smile betrays His enjoyment of this moment.

"Daniel did not join the marines because he had any sense of honor or anything like that. At the time, he was simply uninterested in figuring out which college to go to. So, out of his laziness, he sent himself to the marines."

"Daniel cannot handle work very well, but he gets a real kick out of bossing others around."

"Are you sure you want to put faith into him searching the room? Perhaps someone else did in the dark. If he was stuck to the lamp, he would still be stuck to it, no?"

ASCEND

"He might have just gone to sleep then," Enola said, "Pretty sure I mentioned that earlier..."

"Of course you would believe that. You were not such a fan of him, were you? Surely your perspective on the matter is colored by that."

"Regardless though, what makes more sense? Did Daniel sleep? Or did he dig through the room? What does each say about the crime?"

The American Dream

"If Daniel was sleepin', then he was attacked without provokin' anyone. If he was lookin' 'round the room, then he might've had a chance to defend himself," Brandy concluded. "So, sure, maybe he ordered someone else to search the room jus' for kicks. Maybe he saw that picture n' freaked out 'bout somethin'. I dunno. The only people it reasonably could've been were really Oliver or Enola... but it seems like Enola was preoccupied by somethin' with Ivan, so..."

fella

"If he was attacked by someone while he was searching the room, there would have been obvious signs of a struggle, would there not? I don't think the killer would have enough time to make things look neat and tidy again. Unless, of course, they took him by surprise and dispatched of him quickly," Oliver noted.

"Clearly, Daniel was preoccupied somehow. Even in the dark he would have struggled more."

The American Dream

"Daniel was the one who possessed the rat, then? It explains him not reactin' much. I guess it would make sense that he stood to gain from all of this," Brandy said. "He was clearly concerned 'bout the photo, so he probably went to kill someone over it, or somethin', but someone else, probably Oliver, took 'im out before he could complete the job."

"Clever, but unfortunately don't you think something's odd about that theory?"

"The rat died biting the cable," He states with finality. "Of course, I don't think a rat would be particularly useful in the dark anyway. Daniel would not have possessed it longer than necessary to turn the lights out."

The American Dream

"Go lick Carrie's taint," Brandy spat, taking a page out of a completely different character's book. "Anyway, rats can use their whiskers to navigate the dark, but I guess we can jus' ignore it for shits n' giggles. Could the rat dyin' have sent Daniel into shock? I mean, he did distribute 50% of his life force if he possessed it. Does damage done to the rat carry over, or anythin'?"

"No, he'd be fine. His life force would be returned to him."

"At the end of the day, as long as something was occupying Daniel, something could have been done to him. It's that simple."

"I will show you the picture though from the newspaper:"

He produces the missing picture from the newspaper. In it, Mr. and Mrs. Gardner look youthful, from about 30-40 years ago. In bedside them, looking cleverly into the camera is none other than Him, in the form of Nail.

"I'm an old friend of Mr. Gardner, may he suffer for eternity. This is what would have been found in the bedroom if it was searched."

"I personally don't think it matters much what it was though. It was simply important evidence that somebody might hang on to."

ASCEND

Enola snatched the picture from Lucifer and walked back to the center of the room, holding it close to her face.

"Ugh..." she mumbled with disgust. "I wish I could say I was surprised..." She folded Nail to the other side of the picture and stuffed it in her pocket.

"Obviously Daniel would have recognized Nail in that picture...what we need to know is what he did about it. Maybe he chose to go after Goliath...Unless he simply intended to show it to everyone else later, in which case it doesn't help us at all...Great."

"Though Daniel having the picture suggests he must have truly looked around the room...right?"

The American Dream

"You say it doesn't matter, then you go and call it important evidence. Make up your mind..." Brandy said. "Obviously somethin' about the picture set Daniel off, n' at this point I'm willin' to bet it was your presence in it. He was always yellin' at you durin' the game... I'm willin' to bet he like, actually knew you were Lucifer the whole time, or somethin'. Therefore... I dunno, maybe he was distressed n' wanted to kill you?"

"Well, I was saying that the way he'd treat various types of important evidence would be similar, and so the exact nature of it's importance is not important."

He seems to take delicate care so that Brandy understands, sounding like a being of infinite patience. That said, His voice relishes the chance to be condescending to one of His detractors.

"Anyway, at this point it seems like something was somehow forged in this situation doesn't it? Either the presence of him and his stuff in the bed is forged, or the presence of the evidence in his hand."

"If he searched and found the photo, he would not go to sleep."

Belphegor suddenly stands up, like an old boulder rolling down a hill after centuries of lying still.

"I am sorry. I would like to change something for convenience."

Spoiler: Debt
"IN ADDITION TO ALL THOSE WHO VOTE WRONG DYING, THE PERSON WHO RECIEVES THE MAJORITY OF VOTES WILL DIE AS WELL."

"H-h-h..."

"Additionally, I want to say some things if I could:"

"TWO MAGIC CIRCLES WERE USED TOTAL. BOTH ARE WRITTEN ACROSS THE BOOKS. BOTH WERE USED BY THE SAME PERSON."

"Also, please pay attention to the megaphone and hat. They're important."

Belphegor then goes back to resting on the cold, familiar earth, evidently satisfied.

fella

"So the person with the most votes dies along with those who voted wrong, eh?" Oliver echoed, shooting a glance Lucifer's way. "Interesting."

He then sighed and looked back at the others. "In any case, what do you all think the second magic circle could have been used for? I... admittedly do not have any ideas as of yet," he sighed, showing his disdain for his writer's peabrain.

"And the hat and megaphone... both looked clean and untouched, and the hat wasn't on Daniel's head, so it must have been off before his head was burned, obviously. Hmm... ah! While I'm not very sure of this theory, and, admittedly, it's likely incorrect, perhaps the second magic circle was a temporary blindness spell used on Daniel? The spellbook states that you need a possession of the person who you intent to use the spell on. Perhaps... Perhaps his megaphone was taken as the possession? And then they attacked him from behind when he was unawares and maybe knocked him unconscious, broke his ankles so he couldn't walk away or even stand if he woke up, and then took his hat off and set it aside to allow his head to be exposed to the electric cable, which killed him?"

He shrugged. "I don't have full confidence in that theory, but, ah, it's the best I have at the moment."

Shy guy

"If the same person used both circles, it seems reasonable to me that the one who caused the blackout subsequently used a night vision spell so that they could get up to no good while the rest of us were stumbling blind."

ASCEND

"That seems logical," Enola said, "But if Nail caused the blackout...why would he need that spell? The rest of his plan continued completely without his involvement. Unless it was just to make navigating the library easier..."

"There's really no other option but Daniel though, and he should have been seen going to the bathroom...unless he left through the window, maybe."

[The hat and megaphone were also both on the bed.]

fella

"That does seem reasonable, yes," Oliver agreed with Enola. "Though the megaphone and hat both lay on the bed, completely untouched... It's odd, isn't it?" he asked due to the GM pointing it out.

"Could they have been placed there after the boxes fell? I'm not sure, to be quite honest..." He sighed again, disappointed in his writer for being a dummy.

Shy guy

"That's not the only strange thing. How did Daniel avoid taking any damage anywhere else on his body when all those boxes fell?" Seb pointed out after the GM pointed it out. "Just like the hat and microphone, his torso and legs and such shouldn't have been completely untouched. Yet, we know his head must have been in position to be burned by the hanging cables, which dropped down when the hole formed... I'm not sure how to explain that."

"Well, isn't it obvious how he was in a position to be burned by the cable? You found him below the hole where the cable was, did you not?"

He seems to feign ignorance of the issue, not paying attention to whether you can see through Him or not.

"I don't see what the big deal is."

fella

"Perhaps he was placed on the bed after the hole was formed?" Oliver theorized. "And then his head was electrocuted."

ASCEND

"I think that's the conclusion we should be drawing," Enola said, "Therefore, Daniel was already gone by the time the ceiling collapses. The blows that actually took his life were those to his neck. Afterwards, the killer placed him on the bed and shocked him with the cable, most likely breaking his ankles to weave a narrative that he had been left there alive to die in the crash. I follows that Oliver has no blood on his hands...unless he killed Daniel directly, of course."

"Everything Nail did seems like little more than a distraction. Before the blackout, it seems Daniel was neither searching the room nor sleeping...He most likely left through the window."

Shy guy

"The boxes fell a little after 10:20, and I don't think I was able to pull the cables back up to put them together again until a little before 10:25. If anything happened in between those times, they had less than 5 minutes," Seb pointed out. "Still, I suppose it's possible. We know something was blocking both the door and window between those times too... what if that 'something' was 'someone'? Though I think the door was probably blocked by the dresser being pushed up against it. How much time was there between you checking the door and being able to open it, Enola?"

ASCEND

"Hmm..." Enola paused uncertainly. "Maybe a few seconds or so...just long enough for the crash to happen."

"The Boogeyman was already inside by that point. He may have been the one taking steps to disguise the cause of death."

Shy guy

"Oh, of course he was..." Seb muttered. "Right, so you entered before I pulled the cables up... It was still completely dark then? I think there's a high chance the one blocking the door or window was just Nail."

ASCEND

Enola nodded. "Seems that way...I couldn't make out a thing about him either. I just knew by...his voice."

"Perhaps that means he used the night vision spell? I'm not sure how else he could have set it all up and seen Oliver coming to the window."

Page 73 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus