Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 27 of 63[ 2503 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 63  Next

Re: Black Fable: When The Seagulls CryTopic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

Collin1002 wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:
"Not our fault you're poor from gambling your money away either," Asher remarked, letting out a quiet sigh. "Why do people give two damns about the will anyway? You're all rich enough as it is... Guess it's just gluttony and greed. They want more."

He shook his head and headed over to Violet and Basil.

"A book, hmm? What is it about?"

"Runes and witchcraft. I study this stuff a lot, but I never thought I'd get my hands on something like this." Violet says, seemingly pretty excited. "This is so in depth too. I wonder what it's doing here. Was it pawned? Do you happen to know, dad?"

She flips through the pages rapidly, searching for exotic knowledge.

"Runes and witchcraft, hmm? Like in that book? I see..."

Asher nodded and looked a bit more closely at the book, his gray eyes lit up with curiosity. He examined the symbol found in the book and raised a brow. He scowled a bit at the mention of the lake, but his attention turned back to the book in record time.

"Huh... According to this, you can't escape this even if you have methods to avoid other magic circles, kind of like Uncle Bertie in that story..." Asher commented, looking quite intrigued as well.

Violet winces, waiting for Jackie to stop screaming. She gives a few weird looks to Asher in the meantime.

Once the redhead is done, she speaks up again. "I figure that if we tried this stuff it would not work. It's fun to think about, though."

Lucine, who presumably just never saw her mother act like this before, recoiled on instinct and dropped her teacup, which shattered on the floor.

"... A-apologies. Do we have to discuss the inheritance like this? Grandmother died so recently..."

Sleeping is my life.

Vincent was stunned into silence by Jackie's outburst. He wanted to say something to remedy this situation, but he knew it would make things worst so he decided to not say a thing about the situation between Jackie and James.

He turns to Bertram. "Uh... Your wife is... uhm... a interesting one. Some family drama, isn't it?" Vincent ask as he run a hand through his hair. "Reminds me to not get on her bad side, yeah?"

"...Why don't we all just take some time and relax for a moment?" Briggs suggested, eyeing Jacqueline carefully. "I'll bring everyone some cheese and wine, and we can all just...play the quiet game. How about that?"

"... Thank you, Mr. Briggs." Lucine spoke up timidly, then gestured to the broken cup at her feet. "Can you please clean this up, too?"

Shy guy

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
Vincent was stunned into silence by Jackie's outburst. He wanted to say something to remedy this situation, but he knew it would make things worst so he decided to not say a thing about the situation between Jackie and James.

He turns to Bertram. "Uh... Your wife is... uhm... a interesting one. Some family drama, isn't it?" Vincent ask as he run a hand through his hair. "Reminds me to not get on her bad side, yeah?"

"Vincent, I needn't remind you that you're already in hot water after taking the inheritance away from me and my family. Being rude to my wife won't do you any favours," Bertram growled, though even he seemed a bit unnerved by the sheer severity of the outburst.

Quote:
"...Why don't we all just take some time and relax for a moment?" Briggs suggested, eyeing Jacqueline carefully. "I'll bring everyone some cheese and wine, and we can all just...play the quiet game. How about that?"

Twilip looks at her empty cup for a moment. "Sounds like a decent idea. Just don't go into the cellar I guess."

fella

Asher returned all of Violet’s looks with his own rather alarmed, weird looks as Jackie screamed at James. Once she calmed down, he awkwardly cleared his throat.

“... Yeah, uh, yeah,” he stammered, unable to quite get the words out due to the momentary shock he was feeling. “I doubt it would work. None of us are witches anyhow, and besides, I’d rather not draw a death circle and kill someone. That goes directly against what I’m studying to become, so...”

He shrugged and let that sentence trail off into the wind.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"... Thank you, Mr. Briggs." Lucine spoke up timidly, then gestured to the broken cup at her feet. "Can you please clean this up, too?"

"...Fine," Briggs mumbled, lazily and inefficiently cleaning the broken cup before going to grab the cheese and wine.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Jaqueline let out a small shaky sigh, realizing her very out of character behavior. She stared at her hands before covering her lips with them. "I am so dearly sorry for that." She spoke to everyone else, but not to James. The rage towards him still lingered, but she was more focused on her daughter.

Seeing the glass shatter on the floor made her gasp before quickly walking over to her. "O-oh darling, I am so sorry . . . I am so so sorry. Sweetheart, I didn't mean to upset you." She gently cupped the girls cheeks, her expression solemn and filled with regret. "it was pent up rage, my love. Nothing more than my lack of strength to keep it all in. Please know I never intended to sadden you." She'd kiss the smaller girl's face before pulling away from her and bowing to everyone.

"I am so utterly sorry for . . . t-the scene I just caused. It was most certainly uncalled for and I apologize for that. I will be sure to not cause such disturbance again." She clasped her hands to her chest, feeling quite ashamed.
*coughs awkwardly*

Sleeping is my life.

KamiPanda wrote:
Hanzo Shimada wrote:

"Vincent, I needn't remind you that you're already in hot water after taking the inheritance away from me and my family. Being rude to my wife won't do you any favours," Bertram growled, though even he seemed a bit unnerved by the sheer severity of the outburst.

"Now, wait just a minute, Bertie! Don't forget that Billy and Robin get their share of the Moonview family fortune!" Vincent objects. "Shouldn't both Robin and Billy be in hot water as well? And given what happened in that story... It's just a story, right?"

"I mean... How would Auntie Gloria feel if she know that you were being rude to one of the three people she chose to inherits their own share of the Moonview family fortune?" Vincent asked, an eyebrow raised.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Zachary returned the embrace, noticing that Robin herself was crying. Wow, that story must've done a number on her as well. He just let everything settle for a while, until . . .

Jackie's outburst, punctuated with the sharp sound of a slap, was enough to snap Zachary back into reality. No, of course he hadn't lost Robin - and he wasn't going to lose her. He hoped.

As he listened to the goings-on, he caught Bertram's comeback to Vincent and uttered under his breath, "Jeez, Big Brother. It's not Vincent's fault Mama cut her entire immediate family out of the inheritance . . . Prick." He really didn't want to think about this right now. The fact that - in Zach's opinion - Gloria so thoughtlessly painted a gigantic target on who was supposedly her best friend still nagged at him terribly, and now he resigned that he'd probably never learn the reason as to why.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Shy guy

"You misunderstand me. This inheritance thing has me on edge, but I can at least move past it. Insulting Jackie, however, I cannot," Bertram said, glaring at Vincent.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

"Bertie, darling, it is alright. I deserve such after what I have just done." She stated simply, folding her hands with slight discomfort. "I-in fact . . . ! I believe I shall be leaving the room and think about what has just happened to myself." She lowered her head before making her way to the door.
*coughs awkwardly*

Sleeping is my life.

Realizing that Vincent misunderstood what Bertram meant, the musician held his hands up defensively.

"Well, I'm sorry for insulting your wife!" Vincent replied to Bertram. "Jeez, you haven't changed at all in 22 years. Anyway, can we please leave it at that?"

With that being said, the musician went over to take a seat in a chair that was inconvincibly placed just for him before he sips on his tea.

Gettin' Old!

Basil looked up from the pleasant family moment he was having with his children reminding him that his extended family was falling apart.

Well at least the drama wasn't focused on them. He tried to catch Wyn's eye and signal her over and to stay out of the mess before turning back to the book. "Well you don't want to be too eager Violet. Or maybe YOU'LL be accused of being a witch and lynched like in the story." He teased getting up. "Still thank you children. This is how I'd rather remember my mother. The stories she told us were...quite fanciful for sure but they were fantastic nonetheless."

He gave Violet a hug "I should have brought you here more often Violet, I'm sure you and mother would have got on swimmingly if you'd gotten to know each other. You should take a little look through the rest of the library. I'm sure your Grandma had more than one book on Witchcraft and the occult but you'd best protect that one. It's practically a family heirloom." He chuckled. Releasing her.

He gave an uneasy look over his shoulder "And uh...try and stay out of your aunt's and uncles way just now. They don't all have such wonderful kids to support them and tensions are pretty high just now. You have my permission to be antisocial." He added quietly.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
DootDootDoot wrote:

"...Fine," Briggs mumbled, lazily and inefficiently cleaning the broken cup before going to grab the cheese and wine.

Seeing Briggs left somewhat of a mess behind, Allister began properly cleaning up the rest of the spill.

Shy guy

Bertram sighed, taking a seat himself. "Lucine, sorry you had to see all this. I wasn't setting a very good example then; well, none of us were."

"... It's fine. Now that we have the will, there is no point fighting over the inheritance anymore, is there? If it's grandmother's will, no one has the right to overturn it. There is no need to argue anymore."

"Alright, let's get this party started," Briggs smiled, bringing back a half-full cheese board, with some cubes bit in half. The wine bottle he brought was half full as well, and his breath reeked of alcohol. He poured half-full glasses of wine for the adults of the family while bringing some orange juice for the kids.

He poured a glass of orange juice for Wyn first, before moving on to the other children.

"I hope no one died while I was gone. Things were getting rather tense."

“Hmph.” ‘Mickey’ smirked as he accepted a glass. “I’d hope you know other ways to take the edge off other than alcohol.”

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Hmph.” ‘Mickey’ smirked as he accepted a glass. “I’d hope you know other ways to take the edge off other than alcohol.”

"I'm not a very complicated man, I assure you," Briggs shrugged in response. After distributing the rest of the glasses, he took one for himself. "But in my experience, alcohol is quite reliable in shutting people down. Just one little drink of courage."

He took a sip of wine before lighting a cigarette. "Unless you had something else in mind."

“I’m a free spirit. A traveler. People here just wanna talk about stocks, dolls, or the Republican primary.” ‘Mickey’ scoffed even though none of these conversation topics had come up. “Nobody here is truly interested in a new experience. And yet life provides plenty of opportunity in the most unlikely of corners.”

It didn’t seem like he answered the question at all. But he downed his drink and continued. “All I have ‘in mind’ is a party that isn’t so... boring. Dead grandmother aside.”

"Hmph. You think no one here lives like you? That we're all wet blankets who have nothing better to do than shuffle through their pocketbooks, wasting their time with all the money in the world?"

Briggs took a puff from his cigarette before shoving it into his pocket.

"...I think that's not true at all. But, of course, I'm not family."

ASCEND

Billy grabbed a modest handful of cheese and dropped it all in his wine glass. He swirled the concoction around with one hand and then sipped from it gingerly.

“Oh, kind of parties I get up to are so wild they’d make Mikey’s head explode into many bite-size pieces! And I definitely a part of this family,” Uncle Billy replied, “But nothing wrong with calm parties like this too. You guys always find ways to make party exciting anyways. Especially Jamies!”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Really now?" 'Mickey' turned to Billy, entranced that he was blood-related to someone not like the rest of his family. "I'd be very interested to hear about some of them."

Shy guy

DootDootDoot wrote:
"... It's fine. Now that we have the will, there is no point fighting over the inheritance anymore, is there? If it's grandmother's will, no one has the right to overturn it. There is no need to argue anymore."

Bertram seemed very conflicted, but after a short while conceded the point with an exasperated sigh. "You're right, of course. This was mother's choice... Very maturely reasoned, Lucine. There are times I feel as though I am learning from you instead of the other way around! Yes, all this means is that I will have to work harder to make progress through my own finances. My dream isn't dead yet!"

He was thoroughly uninterested in the alternate idea of a party being discussed now, and seemed happy to have something else to talk about instead.

Collin1002 wrote:
Asher returned all of Violet’s looks with his own rather alarmed, weird looks as Jackie screamed at James. Once she calmed down, he awkwardly cleared his throat.

“... Yeah, uh, yeah,” he stammered, unable to quite get the words out due to the momentary shock he was feeling. “I doubt it would work. None of us are witches anyhow, and besides, I’d rather not draw a death circle and kill someone. That goes directly against what I’m studying to become, so...”

He shrugged and let that sentence trail off into the wind.

"I was more thinking a milder one. Maybe it's not all death runes in this book."

ASCEND

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Really now?" 'Mickey' turned to Billy, entranced that he was blood-related to someone not like the rest of his family. "I'd be very interested to hear about some of them."

“Oh, too many to list,” Uncle Billy replied, glad to be talking about something other than family politics. “Always something fun going on at the Slabs! We have lots of community concerts and big holiday festivals. Occasionally random places just start dance party for no reason. It’s crazy what kind of fun you can have with no laws and no one around to arrest you for ‘disturbing peace.’ Maybe you drop by sometime! Seem like your kinda place.”
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

“I think I will.” He smiled and slapped Billy’s back. “What are the chances you and I arrived here the same day? I always wonder if I were really related to these farts and then here you come! Hell, maybe you’re secretly my father.”

It was an inappropriate joke but his eyes were pleading it to be true.

Sleeping is my life.

Seeing as the atmosphere of the room seems a bit... moody, Vincent figured that he could play his guitar.

"Well, if you guys don't mind me, I'll play a song to lighten up the mood." The musician said as he picks up his acoustic guitar and places the base of the guitar on his lap. He ran his fingers through the strings, causing some notes to play. "I believe that Auntie Gloria would want me to play her favorite song, right? If so, allow me to play the song for you all..."

Vincent then started strumming and plucking away on his guitar, playing the song that everyone had known to be Gloria's favorite song.

ASCEND

JesusMonroe wrote:
“I think I will.” He smiled and slapped Billy’s back. “What are the chances you and I arrived here the same day? I always wonder if I were really related to these farts and then here you come! Hell, maybe you’re secretly my father.”

It was an inappropriate joke but his eyes were pleading it to be true.

Billy smiled and returned the gesture.

"Who knows, could be true!" Uncle Billy replied, "Maybe why I'm invited here. I got around a lot in early twenties, so might have children all over! Almost everywhere I go there some woman who's husband no perform right. Unfortunately since I never stuck around long, I never meet any of them. I've always wondered how many little me's running around, but unfortunately no way to know. They have very strict client confidentiality at sperm banks!"

Eventually, Vincent started playing his song. Billy considered joining in, but fortunately he'd left his keytar somewhere else in the house. He did let out several cheers of approval though.

Shy guy

Bertram grimaced. "Billy, there are children present," he said like a total spoilsport. Not like he had anything better to talk about.

ASCEND

"Zillions of apologies, Barty! I forget children here less mature than those I know," Uncle Billy replied, most likely not meaning any insult by it. "If consolation, they probably not have any clue what I'm going on about."

Happy Maria

"Why are you so focused on those death runes?" Maurice asked to Violet. "They're all just eldritch nonsense, aren't they?"

“You’re eldritch nonsense.” ‘Mickey’ childishly retorted.

Happy Maria

Maurice faux-gasped. "You're right! I was a figment of your imagination all along! It's tragic how you've lost yourself to the point where you've begun to hallucinate an extra uncle, Mickey. It's truly saddening!"

Southern Corn wrote:
"Why are you so focused on those death runes?" Maurice asked to Violet. "They're all just eldritch nonsense, aren't they?"

"I'm not focused on the death runes, the opposite, actually. I'm just wondering where whoever wrote this book got their inspiration from." Violet comments, still going through the pages.

"Maybe it's real?"

Quote:
"I'm not focused on the death runes, the opposite, actually. I'm just wondering where whoever wrote this book got their inspiration from." Violet comments, still going through the pages.

"Maybe it's real?"

"Mother would've probably known. I don't suppose they left an about the author section in that book that you can find?" Twilip halfheartedly suggests.

Gettin' Old!

Datamatt wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

"Maybe it's real?"

"Granny would have you believe it's from our bloodline, and that it's all real." He shook his head "I mean her will indicates how deep she was into her stuff so you can see." He looked up at Twilip, "You remember the stories she used to tell us at night?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 27 of 63 [ 2503 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 63  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus