Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 61 of 63[ 2503 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Re: Black Fable: When The Seagulls CryTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"Looking over everyone's actions in the first twilight of the third cycle, it's impossible for Lucine to have died given our current understanding of everyone's abilities. This is the case even if people are lying about who they visited, as there are enough witnesses to verify their claims. Therefore, I can only conclude there is at least one more person here lying about their role, or at least the full capabilities of their role."

Rookie Killer

"Hey Vince, did you visit Lucine when she died in the third encounter?"asked James.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I doubt he'll be useful," Violet says to James. "Especially considering how self absorbed he is."

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Something I just realized," Zachary piped up, "Is that a witch kill should count as a separate visit from a regular visit. Granted this is only really useful for me for the story, since Lucine was around the whole nightmare and I died before I could get any information for the 'canon' events, as it were. But what this means is, Maurice couldn't have been the witch with the killing power when Wyn died, unless he lied about visiting Wyn A1T3."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Shy guy

Slezak wrote:
"Something I just realized," Zachary piped up, "Is that a witch kill should count as a separate visit from a regular visit. Granted this is only really useful for me for the story, since Lucine was around the whole nightmare and I died before I could get any information for the 'canon' events, as it were. But what this means is, Maurice couldn't have been the witch with the killing power when Wyn died, unless he lied about visiting Wyn A1T3."

"Him lying there is unlikely, as Archer swapped Wyn and I. Maurice claimed he wanted to visit me, but ended up visiting Wyn instead. This strikes me as very likely."

Gettin' Old!

Basil sighed clearly at a loss for where to go now. "No matter how I see it, I can't think of a clear way for the end of the dream to have happened." he heaved wishing he had an answer "If Lucine is telling the truth she wasn't just playing dead throughout it," He paused to look down at his boy "Asher, son you must have some insight into what you did with your powers that night? I doubt you'd let such an opportunity go to waste."

He turned back to the others "As for the way things are now, I'm sorry Archer but your boy strikes me as too suspicious. I'm comfortable voting for us to unveil Allister's true nature."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I'm getting sick and tired of this charade," Briggs snapped, crushing a cigarette and tossing it away. "I have no way to know about which one of you Moonviews are lying or swindling us, but I do know that there are some patterns that we can use to catch another witch."

Briggs sat down in a chair and slammed his legs on the table.

"During the first twilight, Lucine died during night three, correct? Whether or not she died to a witch or however she died is not the important thing. The important thing is that she had to pass down her power to someone."

He took a sip of water before continuing, glaring at the others. He was mad! Angry!!

"Lucine could not pass down her power to the people who died the first night. That's me, Sir Billy, Ms. Violet, and Ms. Robin."

"Lucine could not pass down her power to the people who died the second night. That's Ms. Jackie and Sir Asher. Perhaps Asher faked his death, but let's not consider that right now. Sir Vincent is fifth in command, so forget that talentless fraud."

"Lucine could not pass down her power to the confirmed mortals. That's Sir Bertram, Sir Basil, Sir James, and Ms. Twilip."

"Lucine could not pass down her power to the people who died alongside her the third night. That's Sir Mickey and Sir Archer."

"That means that our only candidates for another witch, whether they be second, third, or fourth in command, is the following."

He pointed at Wyn, Maurice, and Zachary. He excluded pointing Allister, but everyone was thinking it already.

"So if Asher did not fake his death during the first twilight and is not a witch, one of our witches is here."

"And I just deduced that it'd be very unlikely for Maurice to have been the next in line," Zachary added, "So . . . it's Wyn or Allister. . . . " he sighed, "or me, I guess. But Twilip didn't see me visit anyone when I died. However . . .

This theory doesn't necessarily hold up if there was someone else alive at the end."
100% pure Joy.

"Gahh..." Twilip lets out a grumbled sound of whatever the heck that was. "Lucine! The witches do not have the ability to fake a death with their immediate powers at the start of an arc! Is that true or not?"

Sock

Pierre wrote:
Basil sighed clearly at a loss for where to go now. "No matter how I see it, I can't think of a clear way for the end of the dream to have happened." he heaved wishing he had an answer "If Lucine is telling the truth she wasn't just playing dead throughout it," He paused to look down at his boy "Asher, son you must have some insight into what you did with your powers that night? I doubt you'd let such an opportunity go to waste."

He turned back to the others "As for the way things are now, I'm sorry Archer but your boy strikes me as too suspicious. I'm comfortable voting for us to unveil Allister's true nature."

Archer shakes his head. "There is no need to apologize. I know now that my son has been taken by some sort of magic... Replaced, even. There is no way that could be him."

"I will place my own vote for Allister in hopes to get some closure on this..."

Kachu wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Archer shakes his head. "There is no need to apologize. I know now that my son has been taken by some sort of magic... Replaced, even. There is no way that could be him."

"S-Sir Archer..!"

Shy guy

"Briggs is right. Allister is suspicious," Bertram said with what almost looked like a slight mocking smile. "His role is more witch than not, his actions have often been unhelpful and I believe it's more likely to be him than Archer. He is the best candidate next to Wyn, Maurice and Zach, so Allister gets my vote."

Sock

Archer looks pained as he responds. "I am not a fan of doing this. As you said, Briggs , the only other possibilities are thoughts I do not like entertaining, such as there being one, or multiple witches left alive at the end of the round."

"If such a thing has happened, then we have already lost... But in that case, I can at least try to spend whatever time I am given to reconcile with my son. If he would even let me..." Archer looks down at his feet. Seems like he can at least feel bad for being an awful dad! Nice!

Robin looks at Billy. "One more thing... Archer swapped Vincent with Lucine on the first night of the first arc. I don't believe a witch would do that because Vincent's role is basically meant to cover for Lucine's absences. If Archer had been a witch, he would have basically messed up their chance to create a cover for her. And - if he did that on purpose to look innocent, he would have pointed it out by now. So... I'm all but sure Archer is mortal at this point."

She looks down at the rest of the group and flushes. "Can... Can I get off this table now...?"

"O-Oh, dear! Robin, l-let me help you down," Zachary stammered in response to remembering Robin was still on the table. He went over to where she was standing and offered himself for her to hold onto while she climbed down.

"I think the debate is over. I'm convinced. I'll vote for Allister as well."
100% pure Joy.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Briggs is right. Allister is suspicious," Bertram said with what almost looked like a slight mocking smile. "His role is more witch than not, his actions have often been unhelpful and I believe it's more likely to be him than Archer. He is the best candidate next to Wyn, Maurice and Zach, so Allister gets my vote."

"I...I did not accuse him of anything..." Briggs said, gritting his teeth.

Shy guy

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"You as good as did, and you're right," Bertram replied, clearly relishing the petty opportunity to get back at him.

KamiPanda wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"You as good as did, and you're right," Bertram replied, clearly relishing the petty opportunity to get back at him.

Briggs rushed up to Bertram, grabbing the collar of his shirt.

"...I am not like you Moonviews..! I will not cast aside the people dear to me as easily as you all!"

Shy guy

Bertram's amusement quickly turned to anger, though his pride meant he didn't lash out physically at least. "Will you say the same when Allister turns out to be a witch? A witch who might have even murdered you, I might add! The boy you've known all these years might have been putting on a facade the entire time, just like Lucine. Will you stand with him then?"

Robin takes Zach's hand with a grateful look and awkwardly makes her way back down to the floor.

Then she steps away from Briggs and Bertram, tugging on Zach and hoping he'll come along with her.

Even in the afterlife, it's clear she's nervous about the possibility of violence.

Wyn nods with the others.

"Allister's abilities seem to benefit only the Witches, and he has been one of the least targeted people throughout all three cycles. He therefore has my vote.

KamiPanda wrote:
Bertram's amusement quickly turned to anger, though his pride meant he didn't lash out physically at least. "Will you say the same when Allister turns out to be a witch? A witch who might have even murdered you, I might add! The boy you've known all these years might have been putting on a facade the entire time, just like Lucine. Will you stand with him then?"

"..."

Briggs' arm shook in anger as he considered Bertram's words. He angrily pushed Bertram away and headed over to Allister.

"...Yes. I will. I swear to my self that I will not be like you. That is my promise to him."

Kachu wrote:

"F-Father!" Allister exclaimed, trying not to cry. "Maybe you're the one who has been replaced by a witch! The father I know would never say such hurtful things!"

KamiPanda wrote:

"How am I more suspicious then Father?" Allister asks. "Sure, Father's talent could have been helpful to us mortals, but he could have been working with the witches the entire time! And when he had his own powers taken from him, he instead used Lady Twilip's powers to murder Lady Wyn, when he could have used them to investigate someone like Lucine! Or if he was really so suspicious of me, he could have even investigated me, but instead he chose to kill! Who would benefit from another person dying besides the witches?!"

Allister paused for a moment to compose himself. "I'm sorry, but I must place my vote for you, 'Father'."

Shy guy

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"..."

Briggs' arm shook in anger as he considered Bertram's words. He angrily pushed Bertram away and headed over to Allister.

"...Yes. I will. I swear to my self that I will not be like you. That is my promise to him."

"Then you are a fool," Bertram said coldly, brushing down his shirt. "You would damn our family for being sinners while protecting the biggest sinners of us all."

"Allister, he could not have investigated you, as you would've run away," Zachary pointed out, "Like you did from me - somehow - at the end of the story, even though you were dead."
100% pure Joy.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Then you are a fool," Bertram said coldly, brushing down his shirt. "You would damn our family for being sinners while protecting the biggest sinners of us all."

"The word you are looking for is 'love', father." Lucine laughed. "I, for one, find Mr. Briggs' actions very touching! I may be unable to judge his sins, but I can certainly praise his virtues."

"We never got the chance to prove ourselves as parents . . . " Zach pouted, giving Robin a solemn look as he held onto her hand and gently squeezed it.
100% pure Joy.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"..."

"Briggs..." Allister whimpered, as he noticed the other butler approaching him. "I-I'm scared... I don't want to remain in the Golden Land forever..."

Shy guy

DootDootDoot wrote:
"The word you are looking for is 'love', father." Lucine laughed. "I, for one, find Mr. Briggs' actions very touching! I may be unable to judge his sins, but I can certainly praise his virtues."

"You call what happened to Jackie 'love'?" Bertram exclaimed despite himself. "You murdered her three times over!" It looked like he wanted to yell some more, but he caught himself and gritted his teeth, having already decided arguing with the witch was fruitless.

"I must ask. If Alice and Anton - your own sister and brother - had been here when all this happened, would you have done the same? Killed so many people right in front of them? Murdered them in cold blood too, even?" he asked, not even sure what he wanted from an answer.

Sock

Joker wrote:
"How am I more suspicious then Father?" Allister asks. "Sure, Father's talent could have been helpful to us mortals, but he could have been working with the witches the entire time!"

"And when, if you would be so kind as to tell, did I do anything in favour of the witches?" Archer asks coldly.

"I do not like repeating myself as well. I have already explained the reasoning behind my actions involving Wyn."

Joker wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"..."

"Briggs..." Allister whimpered, as he noticed the other butler approaching him. "I-I'm scared... I don't want to remain in the Golden Land forever..."

"...Don't worry," Briggs reassured Allister, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'll...I'll figure something out. Alright?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"You call what happened to Jackie 'love'?" Bertram exclaimed despite himself. "You murdered her three times over!" It looked like he wanted to yell some more, but he caught himself and gritted his teeth, having already decided arguing with the witch was fruitless.

"I must ask. If Alice and Anton - your own sister and brother - had been here when all this happened, would you have done the same? Killed so many people right in front of them? Murdered them in cold blood too, even?" he asked, not even sure what he wanted from an answer.

"Yes. To both your questions, yes. I am rather saddened my other siblings aren't here with us, but the doors to the Golden Land will always be open to them." Lucine explained.

"... Don't you think it's better like this? You don't have any more work or worries. Mother won't be afflicted by her wanderlust anymore. We can sit together at dinner now, and sip tea with the rest of the family, and maybe read together... We don't have to be apart anymore!"

ASCEND

“I am convinced. I will vote for Allitter.”

“Anyway, Lucy actually have point other than one on her head,” Uncle Billy said, seemingly unwilling to get off the table. “At least if we about to blow it we just ostracize witches and then finally enjoy nice meal as family again!”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Slezak wrote:
"We never got the chance to prove ourselves as parents . . . " Zach pouted, giving Robin a solemn look as he held onto her hand and gently squeezed it.

Robin wordlessly squeezes Zach's hand in return.

She can't help but watch Bertram's outburst with a sympathetic gaze. To be betrayed by one's own child like this... it might be a blessing in disguise that she never had to experience that. It aches just feeling it secondhand.

This whole family...

She blinks rapidly for a moment.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Yes. To both your questions, yes. I am rather saddened my other siblings aren't here with us, but the doors to the Golden Land will always be open to them." Lucine explained.

"... Don't you think it's better like this? You don't have any more work or worries. Mother won't be afflicted by her wanderlust anymore. We can sit together at dinner now, and sip tea with the rest of the family, and maybe read together... We don't have to be apart anymore!"

"Lucine." Her voice cracks. "You can't just - take away someone's future like that. They can always see you in the Golden Land after--" She cuts off, too emotional to continue.

Shy guy

DootDootDoot wrote:

"You sicken me. To think my own daughter would say such a thing..." Bertram said, genuinely looking a bit pale now. "But at least it's better this way. Because they're both still out there, I can fight on. I won't abandon them! I can't fail my last two children after already failing my first two."

"I can't do this," says Robin. Her voice is still thick with despair.

"I... I abstain."

Zach embraced his wife tightly as she began to get emotional.

He whispered in her ear, "You're too good for this world, dear. You've always been such an inspiration . . . I aspire to be half as virtuous as you are."
100% pure Joy.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Don't worry," Briggs reassured Allister, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'll...I'll figure something out. Alright?"

Allister hugged Briggs.

"...T-Thank you."

UkuleleLady wrote:
"Lucine." Her voice cracks. "You can't just - take away someone's future like that. They can always see you in the Golden Land after--" She cuts off, too emotional to continue.

"No. I cannot wait and I will not wait." Lucine answered harshly. "I have waited thirteen years and have not received a drop of love for it. I refuse to be alone for any longer."

KamiPanda wrote:
"You sicken me. To think my own daughter would say such a thing..." Bertram said, genuinely looking a bit pale now. "But at least it's better this way. Because they're both still out there, I can fight on. I won't abandon them! I can't fail my last two children after already failing my first two."

Lucine's smile seemed to get more strained. "... Of course. Of course you will fight for them. I am the biggest fool in this room for expecting anything else."

"... After you lose, I will stab your heart out, and fill the hole with candy. Then maybe you will have something worth its space in there..."

".... I vote for Zachary."
Page 61 of 63 [ 2503 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus