Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 19[ 721 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Scooby-Doo, Starring You: Stage Fright at the Scream Park!Topic%20Title

ASCEND

Welcome to Scooby-Doo, Starring You! Let’s get this show on the road!

The Cast:

Collin1002 - Fred Jones
WinterCoat - Daphne Blake
Joker - Velma Dinkley
Winston Payne - Norville "Shaggy" Rogers
Lone - Scooby-Doo

Franzise Deauxnim - Victoria Anderson, vocalist/drummer
Kachu - Moe I. Dewopp, saxophonist
KamiPanda - “Psycho," keytarist
UkuleleLady (formerly Mujō.Samairu) - Deianira Lopez, harpist
TheLetterF - Bufferton “Buffy” Bumberley, lutenist/vocalist
Southern Corn - Tucker Rash, bassist
DootDootDoot - Edward Edgar Edwards, manager
UkuleleLady - Lori Lopez, sound technician
CaptainPancakes - Blaze Hoffman, pyrotechnics/special effects
Slezak - Dario Jumpman, roadie
Doctor Nanjo - Gabby the Funny Clown, a clown
Datamatt - Elisa Mays, reporter

Spoiler: Appearances
Daphne: Tall, skinny, long hair, left-handed
Elisa: Tall, skinny, long hair, right-handed
Tucker: Tall, skinny, short hair, left-handed
Shaggy: Tall, skinny, short hair, right-handed
Victoria: Tall, broad, long hair, left-handed
Deianira: Tall, broad, long hair, right-handed
Fred: Tall, broad, short hair, left-handed
Blaze: Tall, broad, short hair, right-handed
Buffy: Short, skinny, long hair, left-handed
Gabby: Short, skinny, long hair, right-handed
Lori: Short, skinny, short hair, left-handed
Psycho: Short, skinny, short hair, right-handed
Dario: Short, broad, long hair, left-handed
Ed: Short, broad, long hair, right-handed
Moe: Short, broad, short hair, left-handed
Velma: Short, broad, short hair, right-handed
Scooby: Dog

Table of Contents:

Scene 1 - Introductions
Scene 2 - The Concert
Scene 3 - First Split Up Phase
Scene 4 - First Talk it Out Phase
Scene 5 - Second Split Up Phase
Scene 6 - Second Talk it Out Phase
Scene 7 - Third Split Up/Talk it Out Phase
Scene 8 - Fourth Split Up Phase/Departure
Scene 9 - Fourth Talk it Out Phase
Scene 10 - Mysterious Saboteur Unmasking
Scene 11 - Fifth Split Up Phase/Departure
Scene 12 - Fifth Talk it Out Phase
Scene 13 - Musical Spider Unmasking
Scene 14 - Sixth Split Up/Talk it Out Phase
Scene 15 - Elephant Head Unmasking
Scene 16 - Seventh Split Up/Talk it Out Phase
Scene 17 - Eighth Split Up/Talk it Out Phase
Scene 18 - Bagpipe Wraith Accusation
Scene 19 - Elephant Dullahan Unmasking
Scene 20 - Game End
Epilogue

Spoiler: MAMA-DOO
1. Don’t be inactive.
2. If you have to be inactive for some reason, let me know so that I can accommodate.
3. Be respectful towards other players. Don’t be a jerk.
4. Don’t use meta means of communicating private information such as screenshots, PMs, and smoke signals. Be sportsmanlike.
5. Don’t be spiteful if something bad happens to you. Characters may do rude things to you, or all of your plans may get foiled. That’s part of the fun of the game, and everyone’s here to have fun.
6. Try your best to win, no matter how hopeless it may be. Never act wittingly in contradiction with your objective.
7. Keep things kid-friendly and be respectful of the source material. Don’t play a canon character just to make fun of them.
8. Don’t die in the game. If your character dies, you’ll be banned from posting for the rest of the game.

Spoiler: Gameplay Overview
There are two factions:

Heroes - The Heroes win if they uncover the identity of all the monsters.

Villains - The Villains win if all the Heroes run away with at least one Monster left undiscovered. In addition to their normal actions, the Villains move a monster secretly around the board and attack people using their Monster cards.

Some characters may be aligned with the Villains without being a Villain. Some characters may be aligned with the Heroes without being a Hero.

There are two phases:

Split Up Phase - The players will move around the game board and use their actions to look for clues or fight back against the monsters. They’ll do this by playing cards randomly drawn before the phase. After all actions are submitted, I’ll go over what happened and how everyone’s actions interacted with one another.

Talk it Out Phase - During this phase, players will discuss what happened during the previous one. You can share evidence you collected, strategize for the next phase, or attempt to identify a monster. This is done by either Accusing or Unmasking someone. The former is more forgiving but requires all the evidence, while the latter is riskier but requires less evidence.

Between these phases will be RP segments where players can act out monster attacks and other events that happen during the Split Up phase.

Spoiler: Mechanics
Split Up Phases

Before each phase, you will draw four cards: two Movement Cards and two Action Cards. You must choose one of each to play and choose which order to play them in.
Alternatively, you may draw an additional two cards in one category by sacrificing those you’ve drawn in the other. This means that if you draw more Action cards, you cannot move that phase, and if you draw more Movement cards, you cannot act that phase.
Villains will also play Monster cards in addition to their own cards. Their monsters will move around the board invisibly and separately from them.
Player positions and the location of evidence will be shown on the map. This will be updated at the beginning and end of each phase.
Each person’s actions, as well as the monsters’ actions, will be stated in the thread, with mild embellishment.
Action cards
Turn order will follow the order in the appearances list with a randomly selected first player.
If you use an action that targets a specific player, but that player leaves the room, you'll target someone else who's highest on the turn order. If you are alone in the room, the action will fail.

Talk it Out Phases

During this phase, you can attempt to identify a monster by Accusing or Unmasking them.
To accuse a monster, announce which player you’re accusing, which monster you think they are, and present four pieces of evidence proving their guilt. A maximum of two accusations may be made per Talk it Out phase.
To Unmask a monster, announce which player you’re unmasking and which monster you think they are. If you fail, you will be forced to leave the game. You only have one attempt to unmask a given monster, and unmasking is not allowed before the third Split Up phase.
If the Fear level climbs higher than a player’s Courage during the Split Up phase, that player must leave at the beginning of the Talk it Out phase.
If the last monster is Accused or Unmasked successfully, the Heroes claim victory.
If the last Hero is forced to leave, the Villains claim victory.

There are no gameplay mechanics for the between-phase roleplaying scenes. Cartoon logic applies, so you can do pretty much anything even if it borders on godmodding.

Spoiler: Card Catalog
Movement Cards:
Run for It! (Horizontal) (3): Move 1 space east or west on the map.
Run for It! (Vertical) (3): Move 1 space north or south on the map.
Scooby Dooby Doors (2): Teleport across the board to a room of your choice.
Trap Door (2): Send any other player to the room you’re in.

Action Cards:
Set a Trap (2): Lay a trap for a player of your choice, blocking their action for the round.
Raise Morale (2): Raise the courage of anyone in the room with you.
Search for Clues (2): Grab a piece of evidence in the room you’re in.
Be the Bait (2): Redirect a monster action onto you. Monster actions that target multiple people will be treated as if only you are in the target range.
Scooby Snack (2): Throw a Scooby Snack into an adjacent room, luring a target in the same room as you there.

Monster Action cards will remain private, but their effects will be made clear when they are played.

Game Board
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Re: Scooby Doo, Starring You: Stage Fright at the Scream ParTopic%20Title

ASCEND

FADE IN:

INT. POWER PLANT - NIGHT

A dark room filled with pipes and blowing steam valves. Two figures enter at the top of a staircase, silhouetted in a bright doorway.

A burly man in black sunglasses shines a flashlight straight ahead. It’s Chad, a bodyguard, casting a dubious gaze across the machines inside.

“This is the place, huh?”

A petite woman in greasy overalls peeks out from behind the man. Holly, the park’s mechanic, white as a sheet and trembling.

“Yeah, right by the big furnace!” she stammers hesitantly. “It was just hangin’ out there all creepy-like!”

“I’m sure it was just your imagination,” Chad sighs, “But let’s take a look.”

The two clang down the stairs, passing by hulking masses of steel and ducking under pipes. As they pass a red valve, a burst of steam blows out. Holly shrieks in surprise. Chad shushes her and grabs her by the hand, dragging her ahead.

They round the corner and spot the furnace. A soot-black mound of metal with flames roaring in its maw, casting a glow across the room.

“See, right there! I told you!”

A shadowy figure stands ominously before the flame, as if waiting there for them.

Chad frowns. He shines his flashlight toward the furnace, revealing…

A colorful elephant mascot, decorated in faded pastel colors with a wide, toothy grin plastered on its face. However, tears and gashes mar its surface and strips of fabric hang off and trail on the floor like a mummified pachyderm. It’s a wonder the thing is still standing.

Chad laughs gruffly, smiling at his companion.

“See? It’s just the old animatronic mascot. That thing’s older than this park!” he says, “Other than that it’s too flammable to pass safety codes, it’s totally harmless.”

“Oh, I see,” she replied, “What a relief. I was worried someone wanted to sabotage the park!”

“I’m not sure why it’s here though, or why it’s so messed up,” Chad explained, “I dunno why someone would move it all the way out of storage, but might as well bring it back.”

He approaches the mascot, reaching out to grab it. But the mascot’s head falls right off, hitting the floor with a clang!

“Huh?”

FWOOSH! A tower of flame rises from the stump of the elephant’s neck! Chad stumbles away from the blaze, shrieking like a little girl.

The headless body lurches forward. It speaks in a jovial voice, devoid of mercy.

“Hey, kiddo! Looks like I’ve lost track of my head. Why don’t you be a good friend and share yours with me?”

“Get away from me!” Chad shouts, grabbing the elephant’s arm and wrestling with it.

Holly cowers behind a machine, staring at the scene.

“Oh geez! Uhh, hold on, Chad! I’ll get help!”

Before she can move, a blast of water flies through the air, throwing her off her feet. She collapses to the ground, thoroughly drenched, and struggles to regain her footing.

“Wh-What? This place must be more on the fritz than I thought—”

She gasps as she sees something coming from the direction of the furnace. The elephant head is soaring through the air, a demented glint in its eye! It stretches its trunk out and sweeps a streep of water through the room. Several pipes are caught in the blast and torn in half, spilling a cloak of steam across the floor.

Holly screams as machinery collapses to the ground all around her. The elephant’s head flies into the carnage while its body throws Chad onto the ground. His eyes widen in horror as the mascot looms over him.

“Today’s gonna be a beautiful day!”

OPENING TITLES

EXT. GLOOMY ROAD - DAY

A winding road weaves through a gloomy forest. Gnarled trees spread out on all sides, and a dense fog hangs in the air.

A green and teal van drives down the road: the mystery machine. It whizzes past a metal sign depicting a cartoonish, beret-wearing skeleton and some text in angular letters: “THIS WAY TO SKULLY’S SCREAM PARK.”

Inside the mystery machine, four groovy kids and a dog are making conversation…

[Canon Characters will each make one post before the main part of the intro begins. Original Characters may not post yet.]
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

In the front seat of the van sat a young woman named Velma Dinkley, who was looking over a map.

"We're almost there, guys!" She said, folding up the map, and turning to face the others. "We'll be arriving at Skully's Scream Park before we know it!"

She then took out a brochure for the park, and quickly looked over the attractions. "I'm not sure where I want to go first. Maybe the Ferris Wheel, or the Go-Kart Track... I imagine you two will want to stop by the food stalls first, huh?" She chuckled, looking at Shaggy and Scooby.

"Oh yeah! There's supposed to be some band playing there, right? I think they were called Stranger Strings. People certainly seemed mixed on them, to say the least. Do any of you guys like their music?"

fella

Driving the van, meanwhile, was a rather handsome, blonde-haired young man dressed in a clean white sweater with a the collar of a light blue polo shirt sticking out. Wrapped around his neck was a fashionable orange ascot.

"I kind of want to try out the haunted house myself," Fred said, glancing over to Velma for a moment before looking back at the road. "I just wanna see how scary it is compared to all the other stuff we've seen. Though apparently there's been rumors recently about this place being haunted anyway, so maybe the whole place is one big haunted house!" he joked, letting out a light chuckle. He'd make an attempt to shoulder the person next to him, but alas, he couldn't, because both hands were on the wheel. Safety first. In response to Velma's question, he shrugged.

"Honestly, I haven't listened to much of their music. I've heard a little bit, and I liked what I heard, so... here's hoping they're good! Though apparently they're a bit of a group of oddballs... not that we're any stranger to groups of oddballs, eh, gang?"

"H-haunted. Roh no."

The voice belonged to a huge great dane... do I even need to explain? It's the famous Scooby-Doo, if you don't know him by now, then what rock have you been living under? Somehow, he could speak, albeit not very fluently and with most of his words beginning with Rs. Just imagine all the Rs, I'm not typing them all out for the sake of readability.

Scooby's teeth chattered as he hugged himself.

"R-reah," he said in response to Velma. "Food, with Raggy!"

In actuality, he wanted to stay behind and car-sit the mystery machine. Alas, in a recent case, he and Shaggy had to save the rest of the gang. He had to buck up, and try to stick with them in case something happened again.

Last edited by Lone on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rookie Killer

"Zoinks!"
The mere mention of the haunted house made a tall skinny young man called Shaggy jump up in fear but he spotted a box of scooby snacks and managed to calm himself down. He then took a break from gulping down the snacks, "Hey Scooby, do you want some of these?"

The American Dream

Between Velma and Fred sat (the beautiful) Daphne, who was holding a handful of backstage passes.

"Calling them 'oddballs' is an understatement, Freddie. I've listened to some of their music and, well, they're no Hex Girls, but at least we got these passes for free, right?"

She turned to look at Scooby and Shaggy. "Hey, don't worry guys. I'm sure it's not actually haunted. Just relax and have a good time."

ASCEND

EXT. PARKING LOT - DAY

The gang pulls into a sprawling parking lot, packed with all sorts of vehicles. They pass behind a large tour bus with “STRANGER STRINGS” printed on the side in swirling letters. It seems deserted at the moment.

Fred safely turns the car into a nearby parking space and everyone climbs out.

“Okay gang, looks like we made it just in time for the V.I.P. meet-and-greet at the stage,” Fred says, proud of his driving skills. “Though, uhh, does anyone know where that is?”

Velma smiles, pulling out a folded piece of colorful paper.

“Fortunately, I happen to have a map right here,” she explained, “It should be in the center of the park, but I’m sure we’ll see it once we’re close enough.”

“Ooh, you’ll have to let me look at that later,” Daphne said, “Would be nice to see just what this place has to offer.”

As the three of them head off toward the park entrance, Shaggy and Scooby follow behind, a little cautiously.

“Like, I dunno, Scoob,” Shaggy mumbled, “They didn’t have to put the park in this scary forest. There’s, like, plenty of sunnier places that are still scary. Like middle school!”

Shaggy shakes his head and walks off toward the others. Slowly following them, Scooby glances toward the tour bus again.

An unnaturally large spiderweb is stretched tight across two of the car doors, holding them shut. But worst of all, Scooby swears he sees something moving in the shadows of the forest.

The dog yelps and runs off to rejoin Shaggy.

The map of Skully’s Scream Park can be divided into various areas, which are discussed in detail below.

Spoiler: Parking Lot
A quite simple parking lot. This is the closest you can get to the forest of gnarled trees outside the park. The Mystery Machine and the Stranger Strings tour bus are parked here, though the lot is approximately half-filled with other vehicles.

Spoiler: Entrance
The entrance to the park, covered by a wide arch depicting its name. This area is very secure, with bag checks and turnstiles, so it takes a little while to get in and out.

Spoiler: Eateries
Various food stands typical to carnivals packed together in rows, as well as a few shaded eating areas. You can buy spooky ribbon fries, funnel cakes, and ectoplasmic lemonade.

Spoiler: Gift Shops
Numerous gift shops intended to trap tourists into purchasing souvenirs from the theme park. Skully, the park’s cute skeleton mascot, is all over the wares here, and there’s nowhere to go that’s safe from his hollow gaze.

Spoiler: Stage
A sprawling outdoor auditorium where the band is set to play. It’s backed by a half-dome of television screens and supports pyrotechnics and various special effects. The backstage area sprawls behind it, allowing space for the performers to make the magic happen.

Spoiler: Fairgrounds
A large field filled with rides and attractions you might expect to find at a state fair. The place is generally bustling with activity as people come in and out to show off their acts.

Spoiler: Funhouse
A large building with the appearance of a circus tent. Inside is a house of mirrors, maze-like passageways, an upside-down room, and other tricks designed to get you lost, confused, and vulnerable. This is the lair of the park’s gang of clowns.

Spoiler: Haunted House
This large, creepy mansion is surrounded by gothic scenery and a fake graveyard. The house itself suggests a background of opulence in its choice of furniture but is filled with terrifying surprises that appear magical in nature. Supposedly it once belonged to the Sungaze family, which is no doubt a thinly-veiled reference to a famous urban legend.

Spoiler: Power Plant
This plant provides electricity to the rest of the amusement park and its rides. Inside its a mess of machinery, pipes, and steam, but the park staff keep it running more or less smoothly.

Spoiler: Go-Kart Track
A go-kart track that twists through a gloomy landscape. The karts themselves are decorated to resemble classic monsters. However, there’s rumors that the mummy cart is cursed, so maybe don’t pick that one.

Spoiler: Ferris Wheel
A large ferris wheel with the appearance of a spider-web, lit by ghoulish green spotlights. Other than its appearance, there’s nothing scary about it, though it does go quite high. Various smaller rides surround the ferris wheel on all sides.

Spoiler: Skully’s Final Destination
The park’s biggest selling point, Skully’s Final Destination, is a massive roller coaster featuring many twists and turns, sheer drops, and more. It already has a reputation as one of the scariest coasters in the country, and the most exhilarating!

The roller coaster is so long that it’s divided into two areas. The Maw is the entrance and takes place entirely above ground. On the other hand, the Catacombs is beneath the surface and features many animatronics and pyrotechnics.

INT. CONCERT HALL V.I.P. ROOM - DAY

The doors swing wide, revealing a large room at the heart of the backstage area. Light shines in through broad picture windows onto a table laid out with various snacks served in attractive arrangements. Across the wall are pictures of various bands who supposedly performed at the park, though considering it was the grand opening the gang doubted their legitimacy.

Though the table looked excellent, the rest of the room was a mess. Instruments, their cases, light fixtures, and more were scattered recklessly around the walls. Various doors in the wall led to other rooms, and some of them were wide open, allowing sound to freely enter from other rooms.

Though the group’s attention was first caught by the strange characters hanging out in the room, some of whom were starting to notice them…

[All characters may now freely post. The next phase will begin tonight at the earliest.]

Last edited by Planetbox on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A short, slender, and long-haired figure sits on a stool in the room, strumming a lute. Upon first glance, one might mistake him for some woodland creature, or perhaps a sad little lost boy.

"There's no one like you, nuffing like you..." He sings in an angelic voice while playing, before scowling in frustration. "Bollocks, that's no good. Me mum's sheep could've put on a betta show." The figure says in some heavy Northern English(?) accent. "I don't fink we're ready for this gig... We have to be innit to win it."

The lutenist then turns around to face the newcomers. "Oi, what are you lot doing 'ere? How'd you get past security?" He pauses. "Ah, right, you're all here for the meet and greet, I ashyume. Me wee arms are too tired to sign any autographs at the moment, but I guess it's nice to meet you." The tiny musician hops off his stool and waves to the newcomers. "Bufferton "Buffy" Bumberley, at your service."

Last edited by TheLetterF on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[THEME OF A SUSPICIOUS CHARACTER]

Squeak! Squeak! Squeak!

The gang hears something approaching with squeaky steps behind them, and turn around just in time to see a clown in big, red, floppy shoes. It is dressed in yellow overalls with wild orange hair tied up in all sorts of bunches. It has white face paint on with a big clown nose and dreadful orange lipstick. The worst thing about it is it's large, multicolored, greenish-yellowish eyes.

It quickly corners them, blows up a balloon hat of a dog, and places it with malice upon Scooby's head.

"Hyuk! Hyuk!" it laughs from behind a gloved hand.

It's pretty clear that this is some sort of threat.

"Roh noooo!" Scooby yelps.

He jumps into Shaggy's arms, away from the creepy clown.

Last edited by Lone on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A short, skinny young woman wearing battered overalls wandered in from one of the adjacent rooms, carefully balancing a huge stack of sandwiches on the plate in one hand. She was currently chewing on enough food to make her cheeks bulge out. At the sight of the newcomers, her eyes widened. She looked over her shoulder, her wild curly hair almost smacking into the sandwich tower.

"Uh, guyth?" She called out, muffled by the mouthful of food. "They're here."

The girl, obviously not one of the band performers, made her way to a seat and plopped down. The sandwich tower wobbled but remained upright as she set it down on the table next to her. She nodded to Fred and his group without reacting to the clown at all. "Sup."

Last edited by UkuleleLady on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The American Dream

"Jeepers!" Daphne recoiled. "That's one creepy clown... um, Buffy, was it? Are you in charge here?"

WinterCoat wrote:
"Jeepers!" Daphne recoiled. "That's one creepy clown... um, Buffy, was it? Are you in charge here?"

"In charge? Humph, I wish! Our tunes would have been much different if I was in charge, lassie." Buffy mutters. "But no, you'll have to talk to our manager, I suppose. He's...somewhere."

"Oh, but who might you be, fair lady? That's quite the saucy mauve mini-dress ye got on there...Where are ya from?"

Last edited by TheLetterF on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Scooby, there’s nothing to be scared of!” Velma said, taking the maliciously placed hat off of the dog. She held onto it. “Sorry about that. He gets startled pretty easily.” She said to the clown.

“It’s nice to meet you, Buffy.” She continued, turning to face the musician. “We’ve heard a lot of... interesting things about your band.”

Rookie Killer

"Zoinks!" Shaggy instinctively caught Scooby and started to run away but he tripped on a wire and fell onto the ground. After realising it was just a clown, he got back up and decided to introduce himself to the band, "Hey, I'm Norville Rogers but you can like call me Shaggy. I've been fan of your group like forever man. I'm like pretty excited to see how this concert will turn out."

Joker wrote:
“Scooby, there’s nothing to be scared of!” Velma said, taking the maliciously placed hat off of the dog. She held onto it. “Sorry about that. He gets startled pretty easily.” She said to the clown.

“It’s nice to meet you, Buffy.” She continued, turning to face the musician. “We’ve heard a lot of... interesting things about your band.”

"Interesting fings, eh? Hm...interesting is good, I s'pose. Are you the flame-haired lass' friend? It's good to meet ya, sir." Buffy says cluelessly.

The American Dream

TheLetterF wrote:
"In charge? Humph, I wish! Our tunes would have been much different if I was in charge, lassie." Buffy mutters. "But no, you'll have to talk to our manager, I suppose. He's...somewhere."

"Oh, but who might you be, fair lady? That's quite the saucy mauve mini-dress ye got on there...Where are ya from?"

"Oh, well, my name is Daphne," she said, tugging on her dress. She didn't think it was that saucy and decided to skip over his last question because she wasn't sure if they were going with Coolsville or Crystal Cove for this one. "So you're not the manager? But you seem so distinguished and... manager-y."

Winston Payne wrote:
"Zoinks!" Shaggy instinctively caught Scooby and started to run away but he tripped on a wire and fell onto the ground. After realising it was just a clown, he got back up and decided to introduce himself to the band, "Hey, I'm Norville Rogers but you can like call me Shaggy. I've been fan of your group like forever man. I'm like pretty excited to see how this concert will turn out."

"How'd ye get "Shaggy" from "Norville"? Americans, mate, I'll neva understand 'em..." Buffy says, shaking his head. "Anyways, it's good meeting ya. Nice to see people who've been with us from day one."

Last edited by TheLetterF on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Eyyyy. How's it going?" greeted an annoyance. He was short, broad, and long haired, and was wearing some gaudy glasses. "Hey, yo, listen man. I'm Ed. My followers call me Stranger Ed, cuz I'm the manager of Stranger Strings. Here, take a look at my business card." he continued, handing the five (yes, even the dog) his business card with his right hand.

"Oh damn, sorry dudes." he laughed. "That's not my business card, I don't even have a business card, since those are for squares! How silly and uncharacteristic of me. You see, that's just a meme I was working on. Posted it to my twitter dot com earlier today. If you're interested, you can go and give me a 'follow' if you want some more dank memes and the latest news on Stranger Strings. I'm also on facebook, tumblr, livejournal, reddit, you can check out my personalized Stranger Strings playlists on spotify..."

The tag on his neck says "Edward Edgar Edwards - Manager" and that's far more useful information than what he's blabbering about.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Various sounds of shuffling, skittering, things being dragged, and even a couple heavy thuds resounded from another room.

"C'mon, c'mon! There's so little time and so much to do!" commanded a somewhat high-pitched voice, sounding faint through the closed doors, which summarily burst open as a short, stocky man rushed through, dragging some kind of case behind him. His little legs carried him surprisingly quickly as he made his way to the doors on the opposite side. Just before he got to them, he jumped behind the case he was dragging and kicked it forth, causing the free-swinging doors to yield, allowing the case to slide past them.

The red-capped man turned, wiping his brow above his deep blue eyes. He removed his cap to briefly fan himself, allowing his shoulder-length brown hair to move freely for a moment. Blue denim overalls covered a red t-shirt.

His gaze scanned the room, and he noticed people he didn't recognize. 'Aw, fiddlesticks, they're already here . . . .' he muttered. This was not the first impression he wanted to give. Alas, he had to run with it now, literally.

He approached the group cautiously, having already caught his breath. He addressed the mystery gang. "Ah, hello! You must be the group we've been expecting. You uh, must've been quite excited to meet all of us. Well-maybe not me; I'm just the man who gets everything where it needs to be. Dario Jumpman, lead roadie for Stranger Strings, at your service!" He smiled as he gave a peace sign with his left hand in greeting. He waited rather impatiently for a response, knowing he still had over a hundred things left to do before the gig later that day.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Last edited by Slezak on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"Buffy, in charge? Yeah right," a short, slender girl snorted. There was some kind of instrument case leaning against her chair, so she was probably one of the band members. She seemed to be dressed lightly for the upcoming performance, but with a large coat over the top to keep warm while they were still setting up. "No no, the guy in charge is way more incompetent." Her extra-short hair was dyed purple, and she had a stitch tattoo going all around her neck. Her generally punkish attitude was matched perfectly by the glare she was levelling at the VIP guests. "Anyway, 'sup. Call me Psycho. I'm the keytarist for this housefire of a band." Presumably that was her stage name.

Then Ed introduced himself, and 'Psycho' clicked her tongue and looked away. "Yup."

[Image source: https://picrew.me/image_maker/331317]

Last edited by KamiPanda on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheLetterF wrote:
Joker wrote:

"Interesting fings, eh? Hm...interesting is good, I s'pose. Are you the flame-haired lass' friend? It's good to meet ya, sir." Buffy says cluelessly.

“Uh, it’s Miss, actually.” Velma said. “My name is Velma. And yes, Daphne is my friend.”

The clown revels in the misfortune of Shaggy, giving a quick honk of the nose in glee.

"Hyuk!" the clown springs away and crawls into the shadows awaiting more prey.

Wait was it even supposed to be in here?

What had they wrought by letting this creature in?

Everyone has one day to live.

No other way than to make this mistake.

The muffled cries of a woman trying to make her way through a crowd echo out in the relative near distance. "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, please move out of the way!" Similiarly, some people are complaining about being shoved.

A few minutes after, a tall and skinny woman makes their way into the VIP room. She looks pretty young and a bit disheveled, wearing a beret that's barely hanging on, holding a decorated purple notebook and a pen in her right hand. She immediately notices the band and excitedly makes her way over.

"Hi, hey, hello! It's me, Elisa Mays!" She proudly displays a VIP card hanging around her neck, clearly reading 'PRESS' crudely scribbled under it, "I'm here to collect your answers for a Q&A, if you have the time! But you do have it, right?"

She seems, so far, to be entirely not paying attention to the rest of the people in the room, almost like being in a trance. Huh.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Buffy, in charge? Yeah right," a short, slender girl snorted. There was some kind of instrument case leaning against her chair, so she was probably one of the band members. She seemed to be dressed lightly for the upcoming performance, but with a large coat over the top to keep warm while they were still setting up. "No no, the guy in charge is way more incompetent." Her extra-short hair was dyed purple, and she had a stitch tattoo going all around her neck. Her generally punkish attitude was matched perfectly by the glare she was levelling at the VIP guests. "Anyway, 'sup. Call me Psycho. I'm the keytarist for this housefire of a band." Presumably that was her stage name.

Then Ed introduced himself, and 'Psycho' clicked her tongue and looked away. "Yup."

"Eyyyy, Psycho. Excellent sarcasm." Ed laughed. "Yeah, we're a real housefire. A complete dump. A septic tank. Horrible band, just terrible."

Datamatt wrote:
The muffled cries of a woman trying to make her way through a crowd echo out in the relative near distance. "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, please move out of the way!" Similiarly, some people are complaining about being shoved.

A few minutes after, a tall and skinny woman makes their way into the VIP room. She looks pretty young and a bit disheveled, wearing a beret that's barely hanging on, holding a decorated purple notebook and a pen in her right hand. She immediately notices the band and excitedly makes her way over.

"Hi, hey, hello! It's me, Elisa Mays!" She proudly displays a VIP card hanging around her neck, clearly reading 'PRESS' crudely scribbled under it, "I'm here to collect your answers for a Q&A, if you have the time! But you do have it, right?"

She seems, so far, to be entirely not paying attention to the rest of the people in the room, almost like being in a trance. Huh.

"The press! Finally!" he shouted, completely losing focus on everything else going on. "Eyyyy, how's it going? I can answer all your questions here have my online handles." he said, pushing a card with several names printed in impact font on it.

Shy guy

'Psycho' very pointedly did not notice the clown. The clown was not real. The clown could not hurt her. Instead she pointed her glare at the other new arrival, Elisa. "Give us a few, mate. The VIPs only just got here. Have some snacks, they're free." Then she grabbed a cupcake and downed it in one. "You're all together, then?" she then asked, addressing the gang.

No other way than to make this mistake.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"The press! Finally!" he shouted, completely losing focus on everything else going on. "Eyyyy, how's it going? I can answer all your questions here have my online handles." he said, pushing a card with several names printed in impact font on it.

Elisa turns over to Epic Manager Man, grinning. She takes the card, reads it, and her smile almost immediately disappears.

Though it comes back after a few seconds. "Okay, like, do you want to answer them now? I mean, some of them are pretty specific, because I polled a lot of fans, like on your fandom dot net too, but uh." She takes a look at the others. "Who are all these people? New additions to the band? That'd be a cool thing to reveal today..." She scribbles something down on her notepad, nodding to herself.

The American Dream

KamiPanda wrote:
'Psycho' very pointedly did not notice the clown. The clown was not real. The clown could not hurt her. Instead she pointed her glare at the other new arrival, Elisa. "Give us a few, mate. The VIPs only just got here. Have some snacks, they're free." Then she grabbed a cupcake and downed it in one. "You're all together, then?" she then asked, addressing the gang.

Daphne nodded. "That's right. The five of us are all great friends and we travel together a lot. Um, is there any reason why you call yourself 'Psycho'? This band doesn't really seem to share a common aesthetic so far..."

ASCEND

[Okay executive order I’m starting SLOWMODE. Everyone has two posts each until the last five people have made their intros. Then the scene will resume as normal.

If you’ve already posted twice you can’t post anymore sorry]

The woman in overalls watched the scene unfold with quiet amusement as she continued to down her sandwiches in two bites apiece, her cheeks expanding like a chipmunk's to accommodate.

She rolled her eyes playfully at the roadie. "Ish fine, Dario," she said before thinking to swallow her food. "You know we have plenty o' time, right? The concert's not until... Uh." She looked around and failed to find any indication of what time it was. "Later, probably."

WinterCoat wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

Daphne nodded. "That's right. The five of us are all great friends and we travel together a lot. Um, is there any reason why you call yourself 'Psycho'? This band doesn't really seem to share a common aesthetic so far..."

"Ya got us there," a deep-voiced, rather statuesque woman interjected with an amused chuckle. She had a broad build, very long and straight black hair, and dark brown eyes, and wore a simple outfit consisting of a sleeveless black crop top, dark red jeans, and black boots. "We all kinda do our own thing, but somehow it just works, ya know?"

She approached the redhead with a light smile and a casual half-salute with her left hand. "Victoria Anderson. Just Vickie's fine. Or Vick. Anyway, I'm the lead vocalist slash drummer. Nice to meet ya, Daph," she purred.

Happy Maria

A man was in the VIP room mercilessly chowing down some hot dogs in the corner, almost like a rabid dog himself. He was clearly stuffing himself with them. However, noticing the gang come in and make conversation with the others, he turned around. Seeing them, his eyes widened in surprise. After wiping his mouth, he turned to the others and made his way towards them. Immediately, there was something striking about him. He was slim and tall with relatively short hair that was covered by a cap and bandanna. He wore a simple combination of a black jacket and some ripped jeans. He also had a sick looking chain around his neck. As he approached the gang, he gave a reassuring smile, looking quite happy to see them.

"Heya, kids. You're here for the meet n' greet, right? Pleased to meet all of ya. Name's Tucker Rash, but feel free to call me Tucker... In fact, I insist upon it", he added, chuckling. Despite his somewhat intimidating appearance, he seemed to be kinda friendly, actually. "If you wanna know what I do here, then... actually, I might as well put this to use."

His eyes lightened up as he took out some cards from his pocket and handed it to everyone with his left hand. "Oh, and you too, Scooby", he added, giving one to the Great Dane.

It was... a bad meme.

"Ed was the one who gave me the idea for this, actually", he grinned sheepishly. "He's my cousin separated thrice, by the way. He's the reason I'm even performin' today." He gave a nod. "Yup, that's right, I'm the bassist for this show! A replacement albeit, but one of the best you could get!" He smirked. "Sadly the old bassist couldn't make it for this show because... uh, what was it again?" He scratched his head. "Arthritis or something? Doesn't really matter though. What does matter is that I'll be playin' in a bit, and I'm gonna rock it, so you kiddos better look forward to it! This band doesn't screw around live, I'll tell you guys that much."

"Oh, and if you want, I can sign some autographs as well", he said, a glint in his eyes. "I don't really get to do this often, so I might as well enjoy this, y'know!"

Sock

A little thud could be heard from the table, as an incredibly short man hopped off of a chair and approached Tucker and the rest of the gang. Licking what seems to be a mixture of barbecue sauce and chocolate off of his fingers, he smiled with teeth as big as his nostrils.

The man was laughably small, with a good third of his height just being his head, and he wore sunglasses with thick frames and headphones, all topped off with a floral shirt. "Meee-ow!" He says, eyeing up the two women in the gang, specifically. I'm Moeseph. But uh, just between you and me, 'ereyone calls me Moe. Moe I. Dewopp." He somehow managed to reach and slick back his short hair. It was obvious that he had a bit of a gut, and was pretty round, or "Broad" if you will.

He winks and extends his left hand for a shake before quickly taking it back. "Y'all're our fans, right? Right on! Give it to me!" Moe began to tap his foot to a rhythm that only he knew and began "singing."

"Ooooh-ah Ooooh-ah Ooh-ah Oooooo-ah" Then, he cupped a hand around one of his headphone-covered ears, leaning towards the gang, seemingly expecting some specific response.

fella

Fred did a brief double take as Moe made himself known before sloooowly stepping a bit away from him. Even the brave leader of Mystery Inc. had his limits. And then, he started singing. Oh, dear.

"Uh... yeah! Great singing voice, fella. We're all huge fans," he said, flashing Moe a thumbs up.

"Hey, guys?" called out a raspy voice from outside the room. "I accidentally set a horse on fire? Where's the fire hydrant again?"

A TALL, and BROAD young man peeked his head through the door, his face morphing into confusion as he laid his eyes on all the new people who entered his domain. He stuck his tongue out, strangely pointed at Scooby, before he turned his attention to Edward, the abomination.

"Yo, Ed! Who the [INAUDIBLE] are these people?!"

One of his words were drowned out by the neighs and whinnies of a screaming horse in the distance. Good thing too, because he said something pretty R-rated there.

"Aw, [INAUDIBLE]."

The horse let out a final cry.

"Think the beast is dying. Like my uncle, Anpu, who's on a ventilator in the hospital. Speaking of which, I gotta pay his hospital bills or my aunt Punch will whack me in the candy sack. If you don't get me my paycheck, there's gonna be two sounds! My crying as my aunt punches me, and you crying when I punch you in return!"

He let out another glare to the Mystery Crew.

"I'm Blaze. Blaze Hoffman. You forget my name, I'm gonna make you go number one. Actually, scratch that. Number two. And where's that paycheck?!"

He shook his fist at Edward with his RIGHT HAND!!!

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Dario frowned a bit when the woman in overalls addressed him. But then he sighed and hid his frustration behind a slight smile.

"I guess you're right, Lori. We can hang out with our guests for a bit. But we mustn't dawdle for too long or we won't have things ready in time!" he warned.

Procuring a walkie-talkie from his pocket, he held the talk button down and spoke into it, "Our guests are here. Keep settin' it up, fellas. You know what to do until I return. Over."

"Ten-four, Jumpy! Over." a distorted, generic voice replied.

"Rrgh, it's JumpMAN! Over!" Dario retorted.

"Of course, Boss, over and out." the voice concluded.

" . . . Out," Dario finished in mock-frustration, letting a chuckle escape his lips after he released the button for the last time. Sliding the radio back into his pocket, he turned his attention to the others.

He witnessed Moe doing the 'ooh-ah' thing again and headed over.

"Moe, can you please cool it with the mating call? You're making our guests uncomfortable," Dario whispered, knowing full well it probably wouldn't stop him. "At least wait until they're settled in a bit . . . ."

And then Blaze came in, and Dario could feel his fists tighten as Blaze explained what he had done. "Okay, what the actual heck, man?" He looked behind him and apologized to the others, "Sorry, I gotta run and clean up this guy's mess once again." With that, he ran off to extinguish the poor equine. Why in the world was there a horse around here anyway? In a split second, Dario was through the doors and out of sight.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

There was small angry grumbling filling the air. It was quiet, but still audible. A very tall, broad women with long wavy brown hair stood a bit far from the rest of the group. She wore a lacy collared shirt with light blue overalls which reached right above her knees. She wore white knee high socks and red tennis shoes. She was messing with her most precious harp, with it's beautiful shiny dark wooded body. She'd normally be at peace playing her most prized possession, but this time there was only frustration and fury in those dark brown eyes. She seemed to be plucking gently at the strings with her right hand. Eventually, she got so angry and frustrated that she stopped, shutting her eyes tightly as she gripped her hands into fists.

"Simply cannot go a day without these absolute heathens bursting out their racket."

The woman snarled, pushing some of her hair behind her ear before she turned to the sight of her younger sister. Her cold dark gaze was the same as always. "Have you no manners, Lori? Does anyone in this group have manners? Here you are stuffing your face like backyard swine." She rubbed at her temples, her lips twitching as her teeth clenched together.

The likely hood of her starting a conversation was unlikely. Upon her harp, written in small elegant cursive letters was "Deianira Lopez"
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ASCEND

[Okay gang, SLOWMODE is over now. Phase change will probably be pushed back to account for the delay. Have fun!]

Shy guy

WinterCoat wrote:

'Psycho' shrugged. "Wanted a stage name. Seemed cool. Something to live up to, I guess. I know what I want to be, even if this band doesn't. You think we're uncoordinated now? Wait 'til you meet the rest of us."

She cast her eyes over the five VIP friends, raising her eyebrows when she realised 'the five of us' apparently included the dog too. "Nice to meetcha all. You can be honest here: how many of ya'll are actually here for us? Just Shaggy?"
Page 1 of 19 [ 721 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus