Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

What alignment would De Kiler be?Topic%20Title

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

I want to say Lawful Evil, since he kills people for a living yet still abides by a personal code, but then again he DOES kill people for a living, and that's not exactly abiding by the law, so there has to be some Chaotic in there.

Maybe someone who knows more about D&D can answer.
Re: What alignment would De Kiler be?Topic%20Title

Pinball Music Fanatic

I'd have to say either Neutral Evil (to mix the code with the fact that he breaks the law) or plain Neutral, since he actually does have his good sides. Actually, I'm not that sure about plain Neutral, since I'm not an expert in things like that, but it's the way I see it.

The McD
CR's resident pinball music fanatic. Also a nutcase.
Signature and avatar made by the incredible Biblio.

TheMcD wrote:
I'd have to say either Neutral Evil (to mix the code with the fact that he breaks the law)

I'd agree with this. He does abide by a code but although it is about honour and keeping one's word it is not 'within the law' as such; and although killing does not necessarily make him evil, I think it's fair to put him there as we don't know that he chooses to accept (or not accept) only certain hit requests (so killing 'good' people as well as 'bad').

I can't remember the description of Neutral Evil exactly but I'd say it fits him better than Lawful or Chaotic.

Phoenix Lover

hes totally evil! he kills people for a living, ok, but he still kill people! couldnt he run a fast food shop or.. selling flowers... argh but dont kill people!

and shit, hes EVIL because he scared me A LOT! hes still appearing in my nightmares! T__T

Mr. Ygrrjfjdosowhatever

Lawful Evil. The fact that he obeys a strict code of conduct is a defining characteristic of Lawful, regardless of whether his actions are "legal" or not, and well... he's evil because he's an assassin. Although, there could be some argument as to this, so perhaps he is merely a "mercenary" and could be considered Lawful Neutral. Definitely some kinda Lawful though.

EDIT: As for Lawful or not, don't get "legal" and "lawful" confused; just because killing is a crime doesn't mean a killer can't be lawful, and in fact many AA killers
Spoiler:
For example :karma: :gant: :chinami: :garyuu:
are of a lawful nature. And then there are those who are totally chaotic.
Spoiler:
For example :zenitora:
Phoenix himself practices "law," but he seems to be more neutral or chaotic than lawful.

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

I dont think he is pure evil. I dont think he enjoy the killing and i dont thin he regret it either. For hims it's just his work. To be evil isnt the same thing as being crazy. He is maybe crazy but not evil. I dont think he goes and kill people that he isnt is paid for to kill.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

spr fckn srs peepz

Lawful Neutral to Lawful Evil

Lawful Evil generally means abusing the law/moral codes for your own gain. For example, having someone kill your father so you inherit, then turning around and turning the other guy in.

Whereas Lawful Neutral is "The Law/Code is absolute".
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!

Neutral Evil doesn't really work, because the definition of Neutral Evil as I learned it was "one is evil with no prejudice" so one could say it's the "ultimate evil"; one will be evil no matter who they talk to, their friends or enemies. That isn't De Killer.

Lawful neutral is more like what a judge has to be. I could see why people think De Killer is that, but his killing nature contradicts that; at least, I think so.

Lawful Evil I think probably works the best. As the others said, it doesn't necessarily mean he abides by the law straight to the ruler, but he does work with a code of his own, and he doesn't break that code.
Even though he's breaking a law that he's killing people, he's not breaking his own code of laws; the 'evil' connotation, in my opinion, allows him to do this.

Chaotic-anything wouldn't work; it would mean he'd be very unpredictable.
I don't know who said it, but I'd agree that, to a small extent, Phoenix would be considered chaotic good; those types are the more Robin Hood kind. You know, might do something a little off the mark to get his way, but he's doing it for good reasons. But chaotic good might be HoboPhoenix; I think lawful good is more like his old self, though.

Ooh, anyone want to take a stab at Edgeworth? I'd say lawful neutral, but that's my personal opinion. I dunno, it's kinda difficult.

Though, with D&D 4.0, the alignment stuff completely changed; there is no real chaotic or lawful. Soo....:oops:
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala

Kristoph Fangirl <3

I think lawful evil sounds about right due to the fact he has a moral code that he stays true to at all times.

Prosecutor

I would never take part in a debate this shamelessly dorky, and this pointless.

Shamelessly dorky, because it is dorkier than a polka-dot tuxedo, and you are all nerds.

Pointless, because he's obviously Lawful Evil. He's not some impartial Kelemvor, dispensing death evenly unto all - he's a hired killer who's prepared to starve, threaten, and kill in pursuit of his mission, like a Cardassian. But he is also true to his "programming," like a Dalek or Cyberman. I suppose one could compare him to Dr. Doom - a respectable gentleman who has a definite code, but is Bad to the Bone.

In any case, alignment debates are for dweebs, and I'm glad I stayed out of this one. I would hate to give the impression that I am a dork.

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

Another vote for Lawful Evil.

"Lawful" doesn't necessarily mean "following the legal code," but it means having a set of laws governing behaviour-- be they his own "code" (like, say, Dexter) or the laws from a leader, or the laws from well, the legal code.

He's too organised and seems to have a set pattern of behaviour and logic in place than to be chaotic, and if he was neutral... well, there's a possibility-- except, as someone said, killing people with little personal thought about it (beyond the personal reward for doing so) is kind of evil rather than "neutral."

Phoenix I'd place as Chaotic Good, too: he often does stuff spur-of-the-moment and wins trials doing it by-the-seat-of-his-pants rather than with a predictable or well-organised plan. Of course, this is part of his brilliance. :will:

Miles, OTOH, strikes me as trying to look True Neutral initially-- but he's Lawful Neutral, leaning into Lawful Good by the time he resurfaces in the second game. (He has absolutely nothing to gain from coming back and helping Phoenix, but he does because he cares and feels it's the right thing to do by his friend. Whereas previously his actions seemed to be less about what was "good" or for personal reasons like friendship, and more about what was needed for the job at hand.

Trying to stay objective can mean you're missing out on a lot of the human experience, IMHO. And I think Edgeworth tried denying a lot of himself in the earlier days to be flawless and to work perfectly and be seen as objective and efficient, and when some of that swung aside and he started caring about people for no other reason than he cared for them-- doing good things rather than merely watching and letting nature take its course-- that became a more prominent aspect of his personality than trying to stay neutral.

(And I'd argue he's not, say, evil, because even when he's against the protagonist, he's still trying to do the right thing: it's just that from his side of the courtroom, he's in the right.)

I'm psychic, betch!

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
Lawful Evil. The fact that he obeys a strict code of conduct is a defining characteristic of Lawful, regardless of whether his actions are "legal" or not, and well... he's evil because he's an assassin. Although, there could be some argument as to this, so perhaps he is merely a "mercenary" and could be considered Lawful Neutral. Definitely some kinda Lawful though.

EDIT: As for Lawful or not, don't get "legal" and "lawful" confused; just because killing is a crime doesn't mean a killer can't be lawful, and in fact many AA killers
Spoiler:
For example :karma: :gant: :chinami: :garyuu:
are of a lawful nature. And then there are those who are totally chaotic.
Spoiler:
For example :zenitora:
Phoenix himself practices "law," but he seems to be more neutral or chaotic than lawful.

I agree with most of what you said except with what you said about
Spoiler:
:chinami:
being Lawful Evil.

She's more of a Neutral Evil type of person.

Spoiler:
There's nothing honorable about her. She was incredibly selfish and only cared about herself. Everything that she did was for her own benefit in some way. She had absolutely no qualms about killing another person to cover up her various crimes. She went along with Morgan's plan only so that she could get revenge on Mia.

Last edited by Professor Vertex on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm psychic, betch!

Lol double post.

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

Well, based on my subjective opinion about assassins and taking all his actions into consideration,, I'd say True Neutral. I'm feeling too tired to elaborate on that.

I guess it depends on how you interpret lawful. Technically I'd say he's Evil Chaotic, but then again I don't know that much about D&D.
:fire:

All hail Dahlia, godess of death chains.

IT'S GANT TIME

FerdieLance wrote:

Shamelessly dorky, because it is dorkier than a polka-dot tuxedo, and you are all nerds.

Pointless, because he's obviously Lawful Evil. He's not some impartial Kelemvor, dispensing death evenly unto all - he's a hired killer who's prepared to starve, threaten, and kill in pursuit of his mission, like a Cardassian. But he is also true to his "programming," like a Dalek or Cyberman. I suppose one could compare him to Dr. Doom - a respectable gentleman who has a definite code, but is Bad to the Bone.

In any case, alignment debates are for dweebs, and I'm glad I stayed out of this one. I would hate to give the impression that I am a dork.

i beleev this is the irony, yesh? :3

I vote L.E myself.
I accidentally the signature

Bluesky wrote:
FerdieLance wrote:

i beleev this is the irony, yesh? :3

I vote L.E myself.

same here :will:
Sig.

Kýrie eléison

My vote goes to de Killer being Lawful Evil. Shelly's a criminal by our standards, but nonetheless he lives by a personal code that he expects himself and others to live by.
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

FerdieLance wrote:

FerdieLance nominated for best poster.
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)