Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

Just a few things that I thought were odd. (spoilers)Topic%20Title

There were a few things in the second case that seemed very odd to me. The one that stuck out the most is as follows: When you find out that Mini dressed up as Maya nobody restated on how only Maya and Grey's finger prints were found and non of Mini's. According to the final explanation Maya doesn't even touch the gun, but it has her finger prints on it.

Any explainations or other things that were found strange?
Re: Just a few things that I thought were odd. (spoilers)Topic%20Title

Yeah, I'm totally watching you.

I presume Mimi's fingerprints were burned off Yogi-style in the car accident. As for the fingerprints on the gun, it wouldn't be too hard for Mimi and Morgan to plant them when no one else was in the room.
And don't you n00bs forget it! (comic courtesy of Brevity.)

She knows she's hot...

Even if Mimi's fingerprints were intact, it wouldn't be too outrageous to think that they just wiped the gun clean, then planted both Grey's and Maya's prints on the newly wiped gun.
Proud Phoenix/Maya shipper! Image (props to LySs for the smiley!)

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Kryptik wrote:
Even if Mimi's fingerprints were intact, it wouldn't be too outrageous to think that they just wiped the gun clean, then planted both Grey's and Maya's prints on the newly wiped gun.

Within 10 seconds time? Shot one -> Grey, Shot two -> Mimi, Doors break open.

Holding the Mega Drive controller!

But Morgan kicked Phoenix and Lotta out giving her time to put new finger prints on the gun.

She didn't need time at all.

She shoots Dr. Grey. Phoenix Bursts in. Morgan orders Phoenix and Lotta to leave. While phoenix and lotta are calling teh cops, they wipe the gun clean and plant the fingerprints.

It would be VERY easy for Mimi to pull that off.

Science: It's cuter than ever

Like everyone else said the fingerprints aren't odd..

What I thought was odd was...well, the whole thing with the outfit changing...and the outfit burning...and the bullet hole...no matter how many times I think through it I can't get it to work. So...the bullet hole was really in Maya's costume? And it's there because she was...put in the box? In that case, she would have been lying down, correct? In which case, why didn't the bullet hit her as well? o.0
Also, I think it was mentioned in the game that the outfits were switched after Morgan shooed everyone out? In which case, the outfit with the bullet hole (Maya's) would NOT have been the one she was wearing, but the one that was burned...so therefore I can only think the outfits weren't switched at all...I was sure that was mentioned, though...
meh.

She knows she's hot...

Yeah, the outfits thing has stumped me as I thought about it.

I thought that maybe Mimi's outfit got shot while she was getting ready to put Maya in the box or something, explaining the hole. However, she didn't have the bullet hole in the picture.

And if they didn't switch costumes at all...how'd the key get in the incinerator?
Proud Phoenix/Maya shipper! Image (props to LySs for the smiley!)

Errr...? I thought it was the outfit Mimi was wearing that got burned in the incinerator.. Perhaps, after Mimi was done masquerading around as Maya, she left the roomto burn the costume? o-o;

After all, Maya's costume, the one with the bullet hole, was kept as evidence, right? o-o

Matta!!!!

Location: The Great Country of Snow!...no not Russia!...Canada^^''

The costume stuff is pretty blurry for me too!
Maya's costume with the bullet hole was kept as evidence yes. But let's see the facts we got or else it will be worse ^^''
- the costume maya was wearing was kept as evidence
-a key was found in the incinerator
-and hum...more facts^^''
I think Mimi swtiched costume with Maya, so the costume used for murder was intact. After, mimi burns maya's costume-with the key-
....maybe it was something like that XD
"Truth will always find its way through darkness..."

hmmm... Pardon me if I got the names wrong. I don't quite understand Case 2 too. My theory about the costume-change is this:

Mimi was dress in a Kurain's training clothes and hide in the clothing box. When Maya and Dr Grey was locked in the Channeling room and began their session, Mimi got out from her hiding place and stab Dr Grey.

At first I thought:
Maya was lying against the screen when Dr Grey aim for Mimi and shoot. However the doctor miss and the bullet hit Maya's sleeve, the screen and lastly the box.

Cons: Phoenix and gang broke into the room almost immediately, so I doubt there's enough time for Mimi to hide Maya inside the clothing box, and smear her clothing with blood.

After completing Case 2, I believe:
Mimi hides Maya inside the clothing box after stabbing Dr Grey. Dr Grey with his last energy, aim his gun at Mimi and shoot. However the doctor miss and the bullet hit the screen, the box and lastly Maya's sleeve. Assuming the box have many layers of clothes as make-shift mattress and Maya's Kurain training clothes have long hanging sleeve (like a yukata) so the sleeve may be hanging downwards at the side?

At the ending of Case 2, Mia explain if Dr Grey didn't shoot at Mimi and simply bleed to death, Mimi could have simply open the door and confessed in killing of Dr Grey while pretending to be possessed Maya. From here, I assume there is no costume change. Mimi simply took the key from Maya, smear Maya's clothing with Dr Grey's blood. With Morgan's help, she then escapes the room and burn her clothing at the incinerator.

I guess she could forget about the key because her original plan is to simply open the door and confessed in killing of Dr Grey. However she didn't expect Dr Grey to be still alive and shoot with a gun. When the pace suddenly turns hectic, she quickly turns the gun onto Dr Grey, just in time for Phoenix to crash into the Channeling room.

Of course, if I'm Mimi, I won't introduce Maya to Dr Grey in the first place. >=p

Idol of Polar Bears

Actually, Phoenix heard the second gunshot about a minute before he decided to break open the door. It was a very heavy and heavily locked door so that could have given Mimi the few seconds she needed to smear the blood, hide Maya inside the box, and push it back behind the folding screen.

My theory:
-Mimi drugs Maya then stabs Grey in the chest. No one hears anything.
-Mimi pulls the box out and lifts Maya up to place her in. The box is still behind the folding screen.
-Grey fires the gun and the bullet first goes through Maya's sleeve, then the box, then the folding screen. During this time Mimi was in the process of lifting up Maya. Remember, the shot was fired at an angle by a man who was simply struggling to breathe. It's very possible that the ricochet of the gun knocked the bullet off course.
-Everyone outside the chamber hears the gunshot
-Mimi quickly shoves Maya into the box then rushes over to Grey and delivers the final blow
-Phoenix and Lotta decide to break the door down upon hearing the second gun shot. A few moments later they find a "possessed Maya", gun in hand, in the room overlooking Dr. Grey's body.
-Morgan orders Phoenix and Lotta out of the room
-They wipe off Mimi's fingerprings then very carefully curl Grey's and Maya's fingers around the weapons to apply their fingerprints
-(This is part is assuming there's a fence set-up in the area of the Winding Way.) Pearl is out in the Winding Way trying to fix the urn. She hears people talking and looks to the left to see, through the fence, Phoenix and Lotta phoning the police. Fearing they'll spot her she puts the urn back on the pedestal and runs off. Afterwards, before Phoenix and Lotta entered the manor and after Pearl had run off, Morgan and Mimi carry the box to the side room. Morgan takes Maya out of the box and carries her back to the Channeling Chamber. Mimi changes out of her clothes and throws them in them in the incinerator then hides the box (which explains why it wasn't there when Phoenix visited the room that day)
-Pearl returns shortly after and sees Maya's clothes hanging out of the incinerator. She peeks inside out of curiosity and finds the key to the Channeling Chamber.
-Phoenix and Lotta enter the manor. Morgan is in the Channeling Chamber with an unconscious Maya, Mimi is "asleep" in the side room, and Pearl is out in the garden with the key. Shortly after, the police show up, arrest Maya, and no one is the wiser. It's the perfect crime... except for two piece of conclusive eveidence: the bullet hole in the folding screen and the key to the Channeling Chamber, thus blowing the entire case apart.

They couldn't have broken in almost immediately because that looked like a very heavily barred door. The designers probably dramatized the break-in because it would be a tad boring watching nothing but *BANG! BANG!* for a minute followed by the *CRACK!* of the door breaking down. Just one man trying to break it down is, in itself, quite a feat. Mimi knew she was in trouble so she had to act quickly.

And, that is all I have to say. Any objections? My theory is very subjective, after all.

I rerally don't know what to put here =O

Mimi used her own gun?
As proved by another case the seond shot may not have been done in the Fey Manor and they didn;t mention Ballistic markings

Idol of Polar Bears

Mimi didn't have a gun. It belonged to Dr. Grey. He bought it for that day specifically. Why? I have no idea. I can only speculate.

Also, everyone distinctly hear two gunshots come from that one room. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which direction a shot comes from while in an enclosed area. Plus, it was confirmed by the police that there were two shots fired that day inside the Channeling Chamber while the channeling was taking place.

OBJECTION! *slams desk!* Your 2nd and 3rd statements contradict each other

Quote:
-Mimi pulls the box out and lifts Maya up to place her in. The box is still behind the folding screen.

If so, the order should be folding screen, then either Maya's sleeve or Box, depending on the position of Maya. (Is Maya halfway within the box already? Is she still outside the box?)

Quote:
-Grey fires the gun and the bullet first goes through Maya's sleeve, then the box, then the folding screen. During this time Mimi was in the process of lifting up Maya.

If this is the order, then the clothing box should have 2 holes, instead of one. (Maya's sleeve-> front part of box -> back part of box -> folding screen)

Though there is a possibility that Mimi has the time to shove Maya into the box, took Dr Grey's gun and finish him off and finally smear blood onto her clothes.

However (this is very subjective though) Maya say she dream of begin bury. IMO, I was given the impression that she is begin lower into the clothing box in a unhurried way. If she was push into the box in haste, she could have dream that she was push into the hole or something.

That's my two cents over Macbeth's theory (///)

Idol of Polar Bears

*Blanches Edgeworth-style* Grah! How could I make such a careless mistake!?

Okay, then how's this:

-Mimi carries Maya over to the box behind the folding screen and pulls the box out a little ways so that she has room to bend down and place Maya inside the box.
-While placing her inside the box, Grey pulls out his gun and aims for Mimi who is unaware that he's still alive.
-Grey fires the gun but the recoil knocks the trajectory of the bullet off it's original path. Instead of hitting Mimi, the bullet goes through the folding screen, then the box, then Maya's sleeve. This happened while Maya was being lowered inside the box. Upon hearing the shot, Mimi jumps back and quickly shoves Maya into the box, cover the lid, pushes the box back behind the folding screen, then rushes over to Dr. Grey and delivers the killing blow.

My speculation is that there could have been two holes in the box but only one was accounted for since they were both 8 inches off the ground.
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)