Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

What Mia Meant (Major 3-5 spoilers)Topic%20Title

The member who doesn't swear much

I searched, but couldn't find a thread so...

I only just realised what Mia meant when she said that Phoenix saved Diego despite the guilty verdict.

Or at least I think I have.

I think she meant that he found the truth, and thus, Diego would not have to live with guilt all his life about being a murderer.

Or at least, that's what I think.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.
Re: What Mia Meant (Major 3-5 spoilers)Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

I thought she meant that he crushed Diego's illusion of being all great and protecting Mia, causing him to realize he was stupid, worthless, and wrong the entire time.

:3
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Humph.

Or maybe Diego would be on a death penalty and he's with Mia forever now...

... lucky bastard.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

Or maybe all of the above.

But I like your theory just as much as mine BP.

Miles Kirbworth

Location: Marvelling at his miraculous ability to make people hate him whenever he opens his mouth

I thought you would be murderous because he insulted your favorite character.

Or do Godot and Diego count as two different people?
Mega Man Star Force: Ace Attorney - Crossover win of epic proportions
Don't take me too seriously, I have a weird sense of humor and am often being sarcastic
Don't fight fire with fire, water is far more effective.

Justin Laws wrote:
I thought you would be murderous because he insulted your favorite character.

Or do Godot and Diego count as two different people?

They are the same.

I'm not THAT much of a fan. Yet.

Miles Kirbworth

Location: Marvelling at his miraculous ability to make people hate him whenever he opens his mouth

It'll probably happen within the next week.
Mega Man Star Force: Ace Attorney - Crossover win of epic proportions
Don't take me too seriously, I have a weird sense of humor and am often being sarcastic
Don't fight fire with fire, water is far more effective.

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

HA! *sips coffee (and i really am as i type this)*
godot fans strike when you least expect it. You think Edgey fans are vicious. They don't have anything on Godot ones. :coffee:

You wind up like Phoenix at the end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf8rOdKSyQw

1000% Knight

Blade Satoshi X wrote:
But I like your theory just as much as mine BP.

I like your theory, too xD

...I feel like Nozomu. :payne:
Of course, that would make you Kafuka...
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

lame alert

*chugs down somecoffee*I think its that the truth is out. That he has been saved from a lifetime of pain and agony because of Mias death - he can finally accept it... and join her in death forever. :godot: :godot:
Image My fanfic fanart
Click the sig for my graphics :) requests taken.
Deviantart
sig nd avvi thanx 2 my boredom:)

What do you see behind the mask?

Blade Satoshi X wrote:
I think she meant that he found the truth, and thus, Diego would not have to live with guilt all his life about being a murderer.

I concur. I'm sure she meant that Phoenix freed Godot from all his false illusions, plans and especially his vengeance plans on Phoenix. He made Godot realize his wrongdoings and his anger driven behaviour.

I think it's because Phoenix allowed Armando to live his own life again, and not hide behind an assumed identity like a mask.
"The qualities of a good prosecutor are as elusive and as impossible to define as those of a
gentleman. And those who need to be told would not understand anyway."

----US Associate Justice Robert H. Jackson

Well, you notice that Godot gets to be with Mia in the 'happy ending' picture, but only with dead people.

So his Earth life is beyond rescue, he's a murderer and insalvageable with regards to the justice system, probably going to spend the rest of his life in jail even if he isn't executed, but Phoenix makes him realise and admit everything he did wrong. Not just the murder, but that he was just deluding himself by transferring the blame to Phoenix and 'pretending' to be a big hero. He realises he was being arrogant and couldn't deal with the fact he blamed himself that Mia died and fully admits this, so I guess he gets 'spiritual' redemption.

By contrast, Iris still doesn't really seem to fully see the problems of her actual crimes [concealing lies and covering up for murderers etc] but she has a chance at an Earth life after her jailing because she didn't degenerate all the way to 'murderer'. Though she doesn't get to be in the 'happy end' picture, so it's not with Phoenix.

Notice Godot blames himself for not protecting Mia, when he couldn't really do much since Dahlia put him in the coma so it wasn't his fault, but Iris could have done far more to protect Phoenix. Since Godot's loyalty to Mia was never really in question, I guess it can be taken to imply Godot gets to be with Mia, but only posthumously, having paid for the actual crimes with his mortal life which is insalvagable, whereas Iris gets a second chance at life on Earth, but doesn't get to be with Phoenix, that is insalvageable.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

The Twisted Samurai

NeoKitai wrote:
Or maybe Diego would be on a death penalty and he's with Mia forever now...

... lucky bastard.

Yeah Indeed!!! :godot: (lucky Godot)
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Perpetual Prosecutor

One thing is sure, he got executed. The picture in the end is decisive proof.

Anyway I agree that Phoenix saved him by freeing him of his inner demons. Notice how relieved he feels with his last cup at the end of the trial.
I think he got executed with that big grin on his face. :godot:

I think it was because Godot blamed himself for Mia's death but then he had to blame someone else... someone who could've saved her (Phoenix) but i think, at last, he realised that it was no one's fault and he's grudge against Phoenix and himself has finally vanished
Made by me :D

Text of Steel!

I think she meant that he saved him from the darkness he was in ever since the incident and made him realize his Godot identity won't change the past, thus reviving "Diego Armando" so he could live his life truthfully.

Perpetual Prosecutor

GCMiekoV wrote:
I think it was because Godot blamed himself for Mia's death but then he had to blame someone else... someone who could've saved her (Phoenix) but i think, at last, he realised that it was no one's fault and he's grudge against Phoenix and himself has finally vanished

:objection:

During the end he states the following (more or less):

"I have finally realized that I was the arrogant one. I blamed you for her death to hide the bitter taste of truth. I just couldn't accept that it was my fault all along. I wasn't there to protect Mia."

Someone could have told him though that it really was no ones fault all along, other than the real killer.

The Law 'Shark'

Something tells me it's more about his perception of the blame and the immense anger that goes with that more than it being preventable.
He knew it was 'preventable', but his entire concept of how and why was completely in the wrong direction and for the wrong context - Phoenix was only living his life, and being late to the office on that fatal morning =/= being solely responsible for letting Mia die...Godot didn't quite get that memo while he lay on the hospital bed, however, and his anger/frustration at being unable to cope with this reality, along with Blind Pride and self righteousness, is what ultimately led to the tragedy which befell Misty.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

I think Mia meant that Diego was saved from being godot. Think about it, after he woke up he had to erase his entire life history to be able to become a prosecutor and continue looking into Dahlia's and Mia's cases. Also he was not allowed to let anyone get close to him as to allow the facade to continue (even the freaking court record wasn't allowed to reveal his age) therefore treating Godot as a completely different person to Diego. It isn't until Phoenix works it out near the end of the trial that he admits his real name, and even then he still acts as Godot until the end of the trial.

Mia's comment may have meant that thanks to phoenix Godot was able to open up and reveal his true identity and thus all his past is revealed and Diego no longer has to masquerade as Godot with both Diego and Godot finally becoming one person and effectively Diego being saved by this revelation.

Plus by showing godot with Misty and Mia in the final picture, that may only mean that Godot is dead as he has been reborn as Diego again. (The only reason i can think of as to why Diego isnt in the picture is because out of the entire group it was only Mia was the only one who knew what he looked like and that larry, who drew it, had no idea of what he looked like so he couldn't include him in the group shot.)

(Also he was being sent to prison rather than being able to celebrate. :toaster: )
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

You were never supposed to exist.

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
I think Mia meant that Diego was saved from being godot. Think about it, after he woke up he had to erase his entire life history to be able to become a prosecutor and continue looking into Dahlia's and Mia's cases. Also he was not allowed to let anyone get close to him as to allow the facade to continue (even the freaking court record wasn't allowed to reveal his age) therefore treating Godot as a completely different person to Diego. It isn't until Phoenix works it out near the end of the trial that he admits his real name, and even then he still acts as Godot until the end of the trial.

Mia's comment may have meant that thanks to phoenix Godot was able to open up and reveal his true identity and thus all his past is revealed and Diego no longer has to masquerade as Godot with both Diego and Godot finally becoming one person and effectively Diego being saved by this revelation.

Plus by showing godot with Misty and Mia in the final picture, that may only mean that Godot is dead as he has been reborn as Diego again. (The only reason i can think of as to why Diego isnt in the picture is because out of the entire group it was only Mia was the only one who knew what he looked like and that larry, who drew it, had no idea of what he looked like so he couldn't include him in the group shot.)

(Also he was being sent to prison rather than being able to celebrate. :toaster: )

I agree, Armando would probably have been sent to prison with a death penalty.

If this had occurred in Australia...then probably a life sentence or something along those lines.

I think that Mia meant that Phoenix saved Diego from pursuing a meaningless ambition - his purpose was to defeat Phoenix in court to atone for the fact that he didn't save Mia.

Though I understand that he's a very frail and ill man, there are some things that he did that I'm not too happy with. :sadshoe:
Why are you...lying to me?
Higurashi Kai English Fandub Manager: http://higukai-fandub.deviantart.com

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Quote:

If this had occurred in Australia...then probably a life sentence or something along those lines.

I think that Mia meant that Phoenix saved Diego from pursuing a meaningless ambition - his purpose was to defeat Phoenix in court to atone for the fact that he didn't save Mia.

Though I understand that he's a very frail and ill man, there are some things that he did that I'm not too happy with. :sadshoe:

By my understanding of the AA universe, not every person gets a death penalty for murder with intent
Spoiler: GK2
Frank sahwit is still alive
, even though Godot admits to not knowing wether it was out of spite or not it was still done to protect not only himself but Maya aswell. this means he might not have gotten the death penalty and only got a life sentence.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

You were never supposed to exist.

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
Quote:

By my understanding of the AA universe, not every person gets a death penalty for murder with intent
Spoiler: GK2
Frank sahwit is still alive
, even though Godot admits to not knowing wether it was out of spite or not it was still done to protect not only himself but Maya aswell. this means he might not have gotten the death penalty and only got a life sentence.

Question, how do you know that Frank's still alive?

*deskslam*

Do you have some sort of EVIDENCE??

(haha) :yogi:

Anyhow, I think the death penalty (no matter how inhumane and cruel it is) would close the curtain on the tale of Diego Armando very well.

After all, Mia's waiting for him on the other side.

She can only spend so much time 'waiting for godot' before she has another break down in the other world. :larry:
Why are you...lying to me?
Higurashi Kai English Fandub Manager: http://higukai-fandub.deviantart.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)