Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

The Power of the MagatamaTopic%20Title

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

We all know that Phoenix has the power to see peoples secrets in their heart in the form of the phyche-locks, but what powers do the magatama give to the Members of the Fey family?

After all, Pearls says that the power changes depending on the user, but The magatama gives the same power to Edgeworth, so i assume that in his and Phoenix's case it is based on finding/persuing the truth. From this i believe that the Magatama also gives the power of the phyche locks to Mia as well, but then how did Pearls know about Phyche locks in such detail to explain them to Phoenix in the first place?

Do they give everyone the power of the Phyche-Locks or do the Fey members get other powers from it?
DISCUSS!
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: The Power of the MagatamaTopic%20Title

Prolific Writer

Huh. I don't remember Pearl saying anything about the Magatama's power changing depending on the user. :yuusaku:

As for how she knows so much about Psyche-Locks, well, think about it. When it comes to the Kurain Channelling Technique, Pearl knows her stuff. I may go so far as to call her an authority on the subject. Also, Psyche-Locks are a part of Kurain iconography, evidenced by the special devices used to seal the Inner Temple. Ergo, Pearl knows about Psyche-Locks. :think:

As for other powers the Magatama might have, I think that's a subject best left to fanfiction writers who want to delve into Kurain lore. Because let's face it, even thought we're given a lot of backstory and information about the Kurain, there's still a lot that's left to the imagination.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

Maybe i was wrong by saying Pearls said the powers changed, but a member of the kurain school said they did. i'll have to double check.

And about the locks, i'll have to agree with you since every member seems to know about them. but that cant be all they are used for, plus a minor detail, but why all the different colours?

Prolific Writer

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
And about the locks, i'll have to agree with you since every member seems to know about them. but that cant be all they are used for, plus a minor detail, but why all the different colours?

When I said that the Psyche-Lock is part of Kurain iconography, I meant that it is a symbol that is associated with the Kurain Channelling Technique, just like the Magatama.

Spoiler: Case 3-5
For example, Misty Fey's talisman is also shaped like a Psyche-Lock.

As for colors, there are only two, but the second one wasn't introduced until Apollo Justice. The Red Psyche-Locks are standard fair, and I don't think I need to go into detail about those.

Spoiler: Case 4-4
Black Psyche-Locks, however, are a different story. Normally, Psyche-Locks will break when you expose the truth that the person is trying to hide. However, with Black Psyche-Locks, the person will always deny the truth, even if you have the right evidence.

Back on the subject of the Magatama, there is one major question that should be asked. If the Magatama's only power is to break Psyche-Locks, what does it have to do with spirit channelling? This is another topic tied into Kurain lore that fanfic writers can have a field day with, as it is also left entirely to the imagination.
My Fanfiction

"Little_Thief"

As for colors, there are only two, but the second one wasn't introduced until Apollo Justice. The Red Psyche-Locks are standard fair, and I don't think I need to go into detail about those.

I was actually refering to the colours of the magatamas. After all,
pearls = light blue
Maya = Jade green
Mia = Beige

Its probably because its just a different colour. but it just seemed to be odd that if the magatama was a symbol of a culture, then it should be the same colour.

The cape is self-fluttering

I'm not sure how much colors count. There's a difference in color between the magatama Maya gave you, and the magatama she has around her neck.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
I'm not sure how much colors count. There's a difference in color between the magatama Maya gave you, and the magatama she has around her neck.

hmmm, your right. one theory i had, but quickly de-bunked was that the colour represented power. but then pearls is the most powerful so that idea was scrapped.

but then we dont know how powerful Mia was. she probably would have used the psyche-locks aswell.

Prolific Writer

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
I was actually refering to the colours of the magatamas. After all,
pearls = light blue
Maya = Jade green
Mia = Beige

Its probably because its just a different colour. but it just seemed to be odd that if the magatama was a symbol of a culture, then it should be the same colour.

Ah. Well, I can't speak for those particular Magatamas, but I did notice that Sister Bikini and Sister Iris both have purple Magatamas. Perhaps the purple Magatama is the symbol of the Kurain sisterhood, similar to the Demon-Warding hood. Other than that, I doubt the color of the Magatama means much of anything.
My Fanfiction

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

Maybe you are talking about the other locks, the ones used to lock doors that looked just like red Psyche-Locks. They change depending on the user because only the person who used them knows how to unlock them.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)