Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 20 of 20[ 765 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)Topic%20Title

nekonohime wrote:
HoboPhoenix wrote:
" :udgy: 's bro:Witness please tell the court ABOOT what iris was doing"
Spoiler: Bad joke alert
Aboot? A boot to the head? :D

Anyways thats a typo XD[/spoiler]

Actually, that's just how Canadians pronounce the word 'about'.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i found out and tried to race back before looking like an idiot
I haz failed.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREATopic%20Title

Here is a spoilerific and serious thing I put on Tvtropes after I played through T&T case 5 for the second time.

Spoiler:
The conversation with "Iris" in the cavern toward the very end of the last day of investigations for the last case feels very different on a second play through. You notice things you may have missed the first time. This is, of course, because you know that she's actually Dahlia.
*"Iris" promises to do everything she can to help solve the locks, but is probably insincere.
*Even though it had been pointed out the previous day, "Iris" doesn't seem to know about the contradiction between her testimony and Bikini's until you "remind" her. "Iris" also doesn't remember giving you the hood until you mention it. She seems to determine where she was before lights out through logic rather than memory.
*During the magatama unlock sequence, "Iris" makes underhanded insults (of the kind where it seems like she didn't mean for it to be offensive, but she did) if you get the wrong answers. One response, where she says something like "I feel sorry for you and your confusion because you can't figure anything out," leaves Phoenix thinking "I didn't know she could be so harsh!" Her sarcastic comments asking you to "show me something you are 100 percent sure about, okay" if you show her the silhouette profile are just like her sarcasm when Mia cross-examines her.
*After the psyche-unlock, the part where she says "my sister [Dahlia] always does the right thing" is even more laughable once you know that it's a stealth boast rather than naïveté. The part where she tearfully admits to betraying her sister is actually a harsh accusation that Iris betrayed her - which the hypocrite may be using as her internal justification for having just locked her sister inside a freezing and unstable cavern. When she tells her sob story about how after the diamond theft, Dahlia was "destined" to be trapped into doing the things that lead to her execution (even though Dahlia actually had several times when she could have limited bloodshed without putting herself in much danger), it's her 100th attempt at winning sympathy. When she talks about how Dahlia stole the diamond for revenge because their dad treated their mom badly, she's explaining and trying to justify herself.
*Finally, when Phoenix asks "Iris" if Dahlia ever talked about her college boyfriend, "Iris" replies, "she told me she hated his guts." This is Dahlia taking a snipe shot at Phoenix's heart while pretending that she's only repeating something she heard without realizing that it referred to him.

You were never supposed to exist.

:udgy: : Um, who is this Union Jack fellow?

:delilah-hair: Dahlia Hawthorne. And my occupation? Permanently retired.

:mia: We as the defense assert our rights to question the testimony.

: :that-b-word: I didn't enter through the front door...or the back door...

:youngmia: Well...what did you do then...TELEPORT??

(or something along those lines)
Why are you...lying to me?
Higurashi Kai English Fandub Manager: http://higukai-fandub.deviantart.com

Zvarri! The truth is revealing itslef!

The game was defintly beiliant, possibly the best in the series. Well err, maybe not. its hard to decide between such good games :yuusaku:. anyway, There is one line that confuses me a bit though. I have the european version, and there is one line that goes something like this:
Spoiler:
:phoenix: :There’s only one reason! One as obvious as sister Bikini in a bikini!

Now, I'm not sure, but is there a chance this line was alterd from the NTSC release, because I heard from a friend who played the NTSC version it was something else. Can anyone help? Im a bit confused here :knock-knock: Oh well, anyway, the translation is second to non, just like all other ace attorney game, and I love the fact that they actually made it much more akin to western colture
Spoiler:
For example, that THIS IS SPARTA reffrence totaly cought me off guard XD

This game had great moments.
Like that girl named Bikini.
Good times.
Page 20 of 20 [ 765 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)