Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 1 of 1[ 26 posts ]

Wrights UMVC3 Voice actorTopic%20Title

Monkey with a gun

AIt has been revealed that Phoenix Wrights voice actor for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 will be Micheal Sinterniklaas.

Some of you might know him as the guy who plays Leonardo of the Ninja Turtles, Dean Venture from the venture brothers,Sora from Naruto Shippuden, Keenan frim Detective Conan and many more.

Heres a page of all the things micheal protrayed to give you an idea of how his voice sounds:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0999118/

EDIT: Its Interesting to know that Sinterniklaas voices Jessies Seviper in the pokemon anime, leading to the fact that he can alter his voice.

Last edited by Hotdiddykong on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Wrights UMVC3 Voice actorTopic%20Title

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I wonder how he'll make Phoenix sound. It was a little hard imagining the voice of Leonardo yelling Objection. We'll find out in the coming months :phoenix:
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Give her the dick.

Isn't IMDB the same site that listed 50 Cent as Epona in Twilight Princess?

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

I hope they hired him based on a combination of how well he can replicate the games' versions of Objection, Hold It, etc. and natural talent, or else it's going to sound really strange and possibly raise some disapproval. Checking out the roles he's already done, I can't really decide how he's going to portray Phoenix, so here's hoping they do him justice. (Haha, I amused myself with that bit...)

Monkey with a gun

Agent 54c wrote:
Isn't IMDB the same site that listed 50 Cent as Epona in Twilight Princess?

I just checked, no, it doesnt say that, but if your having second thoughts search him yourself and see

元・超会社員級の管理人

Is there a source on this that isn't imdb? It's a good site, but it's not really reliable until after a work has come out.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Since I don't know who this guy is, I can't say whether I like him portraying Phoenix or not. Though I was hoping that Phoenix's VA for the games would do his voice for UMVC3...
Here's hoping he does a good job!
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Gettin' Old!

MiaFeyFan wrote:
Since I don't know who this guy is, I can't say whether I like him portraying Phoenix or not. Though I was hoping that Phoenix's VA for the games would do his voice for UMVC3...

Since his voice acting in the games consists of only a few lines I think they just used a member of the development team for the lines not a professional voice actor.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Monkey with a gun

Bolt Storm wrote:
Is there a source on this that isn't imdb? It's a good site, but it's not really reliable until after a work has come out.

Apparently this all came from IMBD, ill let it be known if,its actually true

Hey, that's a really good choice! I heard some fans suggesting him before, so this works out great! His tone actually fits Phoenix very well I think.

Monkey with a gun

Pierre wrote:
MiaFeyFan wrote:

Since his voice acting in the games consists of only a few lines I think they just used a member of the development team for the lines not a professional voice actor.

Actually hes real but his voice is different in his other voice actings and when using phoenix and I forgot his,name. Plus who knows he might not voice anymore

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Phoenix's original English VA was Ben Judd, a Capcom employee. I got to meet him at Captivate '08. Very cool guy! But iirc he said he had to do dozens of takes of "Objection!" and even then it was edited slightly, so maybe it wouldn't be worth the effort to have him do it again when they can just hire a professional VA.

Really looking forward to hearing the new objection!
ImageImage

The X makes it cool!

I can't believe I missed this news! :beef:
Anyway, I saw a video of his normal voice and I have to admit... he's going to be awesome as Phoenix!
They'll most likely use him in PL Vs. AA, which I'm sure will come over to the States as well as other countries.
But I'm wondering... would they change Nick's "Objection!", "Hold it!", and "Take That!" exclamation if GS5 comes out and comes over to the States? (Which, sadly, may never happen...)

Monkey with a gun

FinalClipX wrote:
I can't believe I missed this news! :beef:
Anyway, I saw a video of his normal voice and I have to admit... he's going to be awesome as Phoenix!
They'll most likely use him in PL Vs. AA, which I'm sure will come over to the States as well as other countries.
But I'm wondering... would they change Nick's "Objection!", "Hold it!", and "Take That!" exclamation if GS5 comes out and comes over to the States? (Which, sadly, may never happen...)

that really depends. GS5, if anything, will most likely be Apollo considering Wright is considered finished(though it may be just a joke)

The Real Human Being

I'll just leave this here.

Is still absolute trash.

DoMaya wrote:

*not sure if second meaning exists for that pic*

LE Edit: F***in' second meanings......

Not quite sure how I feel about Michael Sinter-*enter correct version of last name here* voicing Phoenix. Just, not quite sure.
*trumpet sounds*

Monkey with a gun

Subaru Saito Hikari wrote:
DoMaya wrote:

Not quite sure how I feel about Michael Sinter-*enter correct version of last name here* voicing Phoenix. Just, not quite sure.

Its easy to dismiss, but when you actually look deep into his voice, you can discover that he will make a GREAT Phoenix, besides his OBJECTION, HOLD IT, and TAKE THAT, Michael can do a VERY good Phoenix voice, Heck, if he can voice Seviper, than he could do anything

Apollon Flame

I can voice Seviper. *shot*

Even if he can't make a nice voice-acting out of his own, there are always computers.
A King

in name

alone...

Is still absolute trash.

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Subaru Saito Hikari wrote:
DoMaya wrote:

Its easy to dismiss, but when you actually look deep into his voice, you can discover that he will make a GREAT Phoenix, besides his OBJECTION, HOLD IT, and TAKE THAT, Michael can do a VERY good Phoenix voice, Heck, if he can voice Seviper, than he could do anything

I guess so, considering that since his role as Kappa Mikey, he's done VA-ing for several companies and is a semi-regular for anime companies like Funimation and such. I guess I'm on the fence about it because I've only heard him voice weak/wimpy people like Dean and Mikey. XD
*trumpet sounds*

Holding the Mega Drive controller!

The fact that Frank West had a different voice actor in Tatsunoko VS. Capcom compared to the original game, this news doesn't surprise me.

Let's hope he can do Phoenix's voice justice!

The Flushiest

I'm actually kind of siked that he's his voice actor.
Knowing he's really good at altering his voice, I see promises being forfilled.

But there lies another question, Is his Japanese Voice actor going to be the same person who does the voice in GS Vs PL?
“hey baby, that’s a lot of pepsi you got there.”

"Check out my art page"

[url]
[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/davincimedici/[/url]

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Royal Flush wrote:
But there lies another question, Is his Japanese Voice actor going to be the same person who does the voice in GS Vs PL?

The same actor, Takayuki Kondo, has done Phoenix's voice for most of Capcom's promotional videos and such (and the Layton crossover), so I assume they'll use him again for this. I hope so, anyway--I like his voice!
ImageImage

Unfortunately this isn't true. A Gamefaqs user is the one that edited IMDb to list Michael Sinterniklaas as Wright's actor as well as other characters. IMDb can be modified by anyone like Wikipedia; A lot of shenanigans like that happen all the time with IMDb before a project is released as seen here. I think that Michael Sinterniklaas would be a nice voice actor for Phoenix but we'll have to wait a few months until we can view the credits of UMVC3 to see who will be voicing him.

IMBD isn't exactly a reliable source though.

Croik wrote:
Royal Flush wrote:

The same actor, Takayuki Kondo, has done Phoenix's voice for most of Capcom's promotional videos and such (and the Layton crossover), so I assume they'll use him again for this. I hope so, anyway--I like his voice!

Takayuki Kondo wasn't Naruhodou's voice in GS vs Prof. Layton.

Takayuki Kondo's blog
http://ameblo.jp/tottorifantasy/entry-10682794466.html

He knew other actor were Naruhodou's voice. He felt sorry.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0243299/
このページは間違っているのですが、どなたか修正できますか?
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
Croik wrote:
Royal Flush wrote:

Takayuki Kondo wasn't Naruhodou's voice in GS vs Prof. Layton.

Takayuki Kondo's blog
http://ameblo.jp/tottorifantasy/entry-10682794466.html

He knew other actor were Naruhodou's voice. He felt sorry.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0243299/
このページは間違っているのですが、どなたか修正できますか?

Oh, oops! Thanks for correcting me.
ImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » General » Court Docket