Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

UPDATE: Dai Gyakuten Saiban: "new" trailer from Capcom TV#20Topic%20Title

Update: official upload is now available from the Capcom channel.

As you may (or may not) have known, Dai Gyakuten Saiban was showcased today during Capcom TV. Unfortunately, the gameplay segment was pretty much the same stuff as what was shown during NicoNico Chokaigi 2015, but as mentionned by BoltStorm it actually goes a bit more in depth, so you should check it out if you have the time.

Bolt Storm wrote:
The cross-examination went into more depth, and we got a look at the crime scene and the defendant's name (コゼニー メグンダル - something like Cosney Megandal?). So if you're looking for gameplay footage, definitely worth a look!

But the most interesting thing is that a "new" trailer was shown. I say "new" because it seems like a mix of old and new stuff. You can find my own upload below, but it's pretty much guaranteed Capcom will have a proper upload tomorrow if you can't wait.

Capcom TV #20: https://youtu.be/NnjnYJNAIGA?t=5110
New trailer: https://youtu.be/yvcOQowgoew (stand-alone) / https://youtu.be/NnjnYJNAIGA?t=6726 (from Capcom TV)

UPDATE: The trailer can now be viewed in 1080p here, while a subbed version will be available here.
ImageImageImage

Last edited by L~A on Mon May 11, 2015 4:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban: "new" trailer from Capcom TV #20Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

L~A wrote:
As you may (or may not) have known, Dai Gyakuten Saiban was showcased today during Capcom TV. Unfortunately, the gameplay segment was pretty much the same stuff as what was shown during NicoNico Chokaigi 2015 (so if you've already watched it, no need to watch this).

Not quite, actually - the cross-examination went into more depth, and we got a look at the crime scene and the defendant's name (コゼニー メグンダル - something like Cosney Megandal?). So if you're looking for gameplay footage, definitely worth a look!

In any event, bumping to trial minutes.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Gaaah, that looks sooo fun. I'm thrilled. And everybody's movements are awesome.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Bolt Storm wrote:
L~A wrote:
As you may (or may not) have known, Dai Gyakuten Saiban was showcased today during Capcom TV. Unfortunately, the gameplay segment was pretty much the same stuff as what was shown during NicoNico Chokaigi 2015 (so if you've already watched it, no need to watch this).

Not quite, actually - the cross-examination went into more depth, and we got a look at the crime scene and the defendant's name (コゼニー メグンダル - something like Cosney Megandal?). So if you're looking for gameplay footage, definitely worth a look!

In any event, bumping to trial minutes.

Oops, must have missed that (didn't watch everything live, and it looks like the only time I wasn't looking was when they showed the new stuff... just my luck, heh?!).

Thanks for pointing that out, edited the OP.
ImageImageImage

[Whip the cream!]

...beautiful. :acro:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
the defendant's name (コゼニー メグンダル - something like Cosney Megandal?).

In case anyone wants to know, the name comes from kozeni, megundaru (小銭、恵んだる), or 'I'll give you some small change'.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
the defendant's name (コゼニー メグンダル - something like Cosney Megandal?).

In case anyone wants to know, the name comes from kozeni, megundaru (小銭、恵んだる), or 'I'll give you some small change'.

Since you're our resident Sherlock Holmes expert, and I'm such a filthy casual, I hope you don't mind if I ask you. We catch a glimpse of his office in one of the trailer's gameplay videos, and I seem to recall that design from somewhere, but don't remember what it's based on. Is it a revisit of the original description in the books, or based on some particular movie / TV series?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

Baker Street 221B pretty much looks the same everywhere. From the actual place/museum to how it was portrayed in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and more recently Sherlock Holmes (the Downey Jr films) and Sherlock, there's always the fireplace with sofas or seats in front of it. And usually, there's red(dish) wallpaper. And stuff all over the place. I don't think 221B is described in detail in the canon, so the exact layout differs per adaptation.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

If you've listened very carefully, then you'll notice that the spotlight soundeffect is from Ghost Trick

What is my liiiife?!?

It's good to see they're putting a lot of effort into this, though to be honest it would be really silly for them not to.

Btw. is the case with the carriage the second or third case of the game? I don't know if the stuff on the steamboat is its own case or if it's just there for the gameplay demo.

Programmer

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that the steamboat is indeed a real case.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I hope that's the case (ha!).
With three cases already introduced it's really likely there will be five cases overall.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Honestly, I can't make heads nor tails of the steamboat case. My guess is it's not actually a murder - just that case 2 starts on the steamboat, and after arriving in London there's the carriage murder and that's the actual plot of case 2.

I say this because the Nintendo Direct trailer made it pretty clear with the narration that the carriage murder was the first case Holmes and Ryuunosuke worked together, and on top of that, footage of the carriage murder trial shows it's Ryuunosuke's first time up against a jury.

The demo for the steamboat case does make reference to a murder in its introduction, but that could just be an embellishment for the sake of a demo.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Hates Teen Titan justice

I hope the game comes out in the us

*throws money at screen* :acro:
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade
Re: UPDATE: Dai Gyakuten Saiban: "new" trailer from Capcom TTopic%20Title

Official upload is there!

https://youtu.be/p5x875He5ns
ImageImageImage
Re: UPDATE: Dai Gyakuten Saiban: "new" trailer from Capcom TTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Huh, odd that they killed the original upload. Wonder if there was a typo somewhere.

Wooster wrote:
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes