Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

Dai Gyakuten Saiban in Famitsu (June 4th)Topic%20Title

Famitsu got some new info on Dai Gyakuten Saiban in the latest issue. Several new characters revealed, including the blonde-haired girl teased in the previous article.

Spoiler:

Looks like we have:

- Heart/Hurt Vortex (white-haired man on first page)
- Cosney Megendal (gentleman with the hat)*
- Geena (Gina) Lestrade (blonde-haired girl)

New case is called "疾走する密室の冒険" (it's Episode 3). (Mod edit: That's "The Adventure of the Speeding Locked Room" - the carriage murder we've seen in trailers and gameplay footage from NicoNico Chou Kaigi.)

* didn't realise it was already mentionned in the past, my bad.
ImageImageImage

Last edited by L~A on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban in Famitsu (June 4th)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Okay, I should stay away from the C-R Twitter account now after dozens of rewrites of one simple name =_=...

The girl is Geena (Gina) Lestrade by the way. I'm more a fan of the French pronouncation the name, actually...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ah, thanks a bunch. I didn't think the girl might be French-y. That's why I hate foreign names in katakana, I never know which language I should look at, ha ha.
ImageImageImage

迷探偵

The problem is that nobody knows how Inspector Lestrade's name (from the original Holmes stories) is supposed to be pronounced. Some prefer the English pronouncation (レストレード, like the article), but some prefer the Frenchy レストラード.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I wonder if the title of the case is based on a Sherlock Holmes story? Most likely, but I can't find anything.

Quote:
疾走する密室の冒険

ImageImageImage

迷探偵

I'm fairly familiar with the Holmes stories and I'm pretty sure the title isn't making any particular Holmes reference. The episode is called "The Adventure of the Speeding Locked Room" by the way.

Winter Flag Trademark

L~A, you can post these to Trial Minutes once you reach 1000 posts or more. ...In case you don't know or something. :ini:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bumpin' over to Trial Minutes.

So case three is the carriage murder, huh? I'm really wondering what's up with case two, then. Maybe a ship-board trial? Maybe it's investigation only?
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

L~A wrote:
- Geena (Gina) Lestrade (blonde-haired girl)

She surely doesn't look like a police inspector or something like that, so I guess she won't replace the real Lestrade.
Maybe she's his daughter? Comparable to Iris, who is John Watson's daugther.

Hates Teen Titan justice

Is that Damon gants Or Von karmas ansester? :meekins:
"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

Winter Flag Trademark

Sladetheprosecutor wrote:
Is that Damon gants Or Von karmas ansester? :meekins:

Von Karma's of course. :karma:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Someone remind me: was it mentioned whether Cosney Megandal was the defendant of the third case? I remember footage from Cho Kaigi mentioning the defendant being a well-off gentleman, and he certainly fits. It'd also make more sense for him to get a formal character introduction if he plays a more important role in the case.

Wait a second... Am I reading that correctly? Mr. Vortex there seems to be the Chief Justice. And the way he's shown on the cover doesn't make him seem all that friendly. Are my suspicions coming true? Do we really have a judge who's going to play a villainous role?

Lastly, the image of a carriage in the courtroom is hilarious. They brought in the whole thing.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Someone remind me: was it mentioned whether Cosney Megandal was the defendant of the third case? I remember footage from Cho Kaigi mentioning the defendant being a well-off gentleman, and he certainly fits. It'd also make more sense for him to get a formal character introduction if he plays a more important role in the case.

I think we saw him in the April trailer. Look at https://youtu.be/X7fl2xDedO8?t=233 and you can see im in the middle scene screaming... whatever he screams.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Lusankya wrote:

I think we saw him in the April trailer. Look at https://youtu.be/X7fl2xDedO8?t=233 and you can see im in the middle scene screaming... whatever he screams.

We don't know if it's him who's screaming, but people are panicking about smoke. Now that I look more closely, it does look like him.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Wait a second... Am I reading that correctly? Mr. Vortex there seems to be the Chief Justice. And the way he's shown on the cover doesn't make him seem all that friendly. Are my suspicions coming true? Do we really have a judge who's going to play a villainous role?

You mean he might be appearing as a judge in this case/the England cases? Because it would be so cool if we had a judge with at least a bit more involvement with the plot...
Signature loading, please wait...

Wow, these characters look so cool.

Gettin' Old!

"Chief Justice" I dunno that might also end up with "Chief of Police" which could go with his Damon Gant look.

Also I might just explode with fury if the villain is that obvious.

Please don't be him.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

But he doesn't have to be the main villain...in AAI2 there was a really obvious villain who was very related to the plot of the game and ye the real villain was a unexpected.
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

cesar26100 wrote:
But he doesn't have to be the main villain...in AAI2 there was a really obvious villain who was very related to the plot of the game and ye the real villain was a unexpected.

Look at the box art though...he's the TOP MAN.

Even if there is a mastermind behind him like AAI2 then he's still going to be an important villain none the less.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes