Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 12 posts ]

Cing ex-VP talks studio closure, the future of Kyle HydeTopic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

GoNintendo reports on a NintendOn (Italian Nintendo fansite) interview with Rika Suzuki, ex-Vice President of videogame developer Cing. Suzuki was also a huge part in the development of both Kyle Hyde games, having designed and written both Hotel Dusk and Last Window.

She has a lot of interesting things to say in this interview, but GoNintendo takes out the most important bits, and I underline them for further emphasis:

Quote:
NintendOn: When you realized Cing was going to close, what was your feeling about the future as a game developer?

Suzuki: Closing Cing meant disbanding the team which had been producing the games together. And disbanding the team meant outright loss of various know-how and skills which we had cultivated in developing games, which was extremely disappointing, regrettable and sad.

However, even when I got to know that Cing would be closed, my passion for game production never burnt out. Of course, I knew that it would be not easy to start anew and create a new team from scratch, but I had many games that I wanted to produce and deliver to game players.

NintendOn: Have you ever thought of making another game about Kyle Hyde?

Suzuki: Kyle Hyde's story has not ended for myself, yet. However, we gave the right concerning Kyle Hyde to Nintendo as a publisher so I cannot make a new game featuring Kile without any permission.

Having said that, I hope that I will be able to produce his story, which is still going on in myself, in some different way to be delivered to players.

This confirms what we all suspected: Nintendo has the rights to Kyle Hyde, and could very well do a new game, and Suzuki herself would like to produce it, since, as she says, "Kyle Hyde's story has not ended for myself, yet"

Commence Operation Hydefall? I say yes.

Source

Screw it, I'm putting this on the front page, Cing and Kyle deserve it.
Re: Cing ex-VP talks studio closure, the future of Kyle HydeTopic%20Title

i always thought that "the last window" felt like building up for something even bigger for an eventual 3rd game,at least when cing was around. i really REALLY hope nintendo the green light for a third game to conclude properly kyle's story and the other left threads that need to be explored. :ron:

1000% Knight

DeMatador wrote:
Commence Operation Hydefall? I say yes.

I'm totally on board for this.

(Although I think there should be one more game, tops. Considering the games are about a bunch of people with subtle secret connections to each other coincidentally congregating at the same place... Hotel Dusk was unlikely enough xD I suppose I should concern myself with getting one new game before worrying about this becoming a franchise, though...)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

A New Chapter of Trials!

:gant:

I had completely given up hope of seeing a new game in this series, but this news makes me think it could really happen! Needless to say, I support Rika Susuki 100% on her endeavor and hope that Nintendo also sees the potential of another Kyle Hyde game.
Eureka!

Last edited by Apollon on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Out of curiosity and maybe ignorance, what keeps Rika Suzuki from joining another developer or Nintendo to write the final Hotel Dusk game? Can't they make a Kickstarter or something (or scratch that, how would they ever get the money they need through that?)

Also, I'm totally in for Operation Hydefall, and like someone said Last Window was totally foreshadowing a third game. I remember thinking it would be cool if a Hotel Dusk 3 would have Nile as a more central figure.

If Rika can't get a game-development through, I'm totally buying a novel if she writes one.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Programmer

Well, they need permission from Nintendo. And Nintendo is right to be cautious about a developer who has gone bankrupt. The executives need quite the persuasion here.

He also needs people to help develop the project. I'd imagine that most of the previous people has moved on, gotten new jobs and such.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

世界中

omg
Even if it were digital-only, I'd die if there were a new Kyle Hyde game. I hope that the Another Code/Trace Memory series gets a proper conclusion as well (IIRC they left the whole plot with Matthew and his father open so that they could write a third game).

Blah!

Even if this means nothing, I'd totally buy another Kyle Hyde game day one. I'd just hope that if they ever pursue making another that they'd keep with the hand drawn sketchy aesthetic. I guess it doesn't need to be held sideways, but otherwise the style in that game was awesome.

And of course, if the original writer is onboard, I'd assume the story would be of the same quality as long as they didn't make it a rush job.

By the way, has this person worked on anything in the meantime? Even if it was a minor role, I'm curious.

Oh wow, I've assumed for the past four years that the Hyde games were done for good, so the idea that there could be another one, and the thought of what could be done with the 3DS makes me slightly more excited than I can handle...and since the chances of it happening are still pretty dubious I guess I'd be better off not thinking about it too much.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

blahmoomoo wrote:
Even if this means nothing, I'd totally buy another Kyle Hyde game day one. I'd just hope that if they ever pursue making another that they'd keep with the hand drawn sketchy aesthetic. I guess it doesn't need to be held sideways, but otherwise the style in that game was awesome.

And of course, if the original writer is onboard, I'd assume the story would be of the same quality as long as they didn't make it a rush job.

By the way, has this person worked on anything in the meantime? Even if it was a minor role, I'm curious.

I don't actually remember if this was after Last Window and Another Code R, but she has written two or three novels at some point (not about Hyde or Ashley though). I hope we get to see either a new Another Code or Hotel Dusk. I couldn't get through Another Code R because I thought it was too cheesy and had a bad art direction as well as music, but I played the original and both HD games and they were amazing. Even if they can't continue with either of those franchises I'd be down for anything Rika Suzuki writes for in video gaming, and 3DS really needs some story-driven games at this point IMO.

I miss the DS days. It had so many great story-driven games IIRC. On 3DS I have only DD and PLvPWAA and I won't bother with VLR until I get through 999.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Call me James

linkenski wrote:
I miss the DS days. It had so many great story-driven games IIRC. On 3DS I have only DD and PLvPWAA and I won't bother with VLR until I get through 999.

Well, 3DS is still in its prime at the moment. Plenty of time for some good story-driven games to rear their heads. Although, it's true the DS is pretty much king when it comes to visual novels/story-driven games.

This news pleases me greatly, on topic. I'd be more than willing for all of us interested to band together and contact Nintendo, if only to see where it gets us. Hey, they put Kyle in as a trophy in Brawl along with several stickers, this shows they at least acknowledge him and the franchise (includes Another Code since they seemingly take place in the same world).

But yeah. Anything to get a third (and maybe final game) in the Kyle Hyde story. Make a nice little trilogy for anyone new to the games, and they can really go out with a bang with the updated technology of the 3DS.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Both Kyle Hyde games are awesome. They took the DS to its full potential, visually and controls-wise. Besides, their story are great and very intriguing. I can't even imagine a Kyle Hyde game on 3DS.
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes