Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 5[ 169 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Gyakuten Saiban 6 (3DS) teased in Famitsu, playable at TTopic%20Title

I had hoped they would have a different team work on it, but what do I know, maybe they took some of the complaints about DD seriously and improved? For a start, it would be really nice to have a proper examination again - and after that, maybe some development on Apollo and Trucy? Like, a side note at least? Side notes shouldn't be too hard to cram in, right?
And if Maya returns, I hope they write her well. She was way too important a character to be messed up now.
Also, it would be really nice to have less repetition in the game - especially in regard to replaying entire scenes that happened about five minutes ago. I like to be taken somewhat seriously as a player.
(And yes, this is my excited tone. ;))

Apollon wrote:
I wonder if the whole game is in another country or just some of the cases? This is probably the craziest thing Yamazaki has done for an AA concept, he must be trying to take a page out of Takumi's book.

That's a good question, actually. Not sure the scan confirms that or not (maybe Ash could clarify?)
ImageImageImage

LOBEI

Western Release already confirmed? That is great, I can just wait patiently in peace now.
Signature

The miracle finally happen...

Chips wrote:
I'm saddened it's still very Nick-centric... but we've only seen info on one case, I hope other cases will have more Apollo/Athena. And I hope Apollo and Athena tags along at least!

We don't know that this info is all about one case. From the translation it sounds like the whole game takes place in this country, and I highly doubt that Nick would need to bring Apollo and Athena along with him. Very disappointing if they completely drop these two characters entirely, which seems to be the case. Still, we only have two scans so far, so I'll be optimistic.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Good news with the westernu releasuh!

I'm cautiously optimistic since... well, I'm not usually a big fan of the DD-team's work, but I found DD to be above AAI and AAI2 overall (except the overarching plot) and I'll definitely play another Phoenix Wright game.

I really hoped this would've been an Apollo Justice game though. I bet this will have a Nick for cases 1, 4/5 and Apollo (and maybe Athena) forcases 2 and 3.

Really, I just kinda hope they'll stick to max 2 playable characters this time. I hope the Mood Matrix and Athena is out, personally and I hope they keep the amount of perky female assistant characters down to just one, basially. I'd like to see Maya, but probably not when Takumi didn't write her. I thouht Pearl was very forgettable in DD, and I don't wanna see Maya just come back to make fans happy. If they bring her in, they'd better found a plot that really integrates her well and doesn't make her seem too different (or too much like AA123!). There must've been some growth or development we haven't known about since the 7-year change from Apollo Justice.

If there isn't, they could really just make another setting like 2-2 or 3-5 and reintroduce Maya for just one really great case that doesn't relate to the overarching plot. I usually find that the best Ace Attorneys have been those that have only few cases of actual plot and then some filler episodes that are perfectly good in their own right (1-3, 3-2, 3-3, 4-2, 5-...nah etc.)

(you know, a Turnabout Maya DLC case like 5-S would be just fine IMO)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Last edited by linkenski on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I misread this and thought a DGS localization was announced, oops. :yogi:

BUT YAY MORE AA IN MY LIFE :will:

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

I just noticed something concerning the scans, including the hints from the purple 6 itself.

That's a magatama! The Fey Clan is involved in this, which means a certain someone may be coming back.

迷探偵

L~A wrote:
Apollon wrote:
I wonder if the whole game is in another country or just some of the cases? This is probably the craziest thing Yamazaki has done for an AA concept, he must be trying to take a page out of Takumi's book.

That's a good question, actually. Not sure the scan confirms that or not (maybe Ash could clarify?)

The scan literally says "Up until now the numbered series was set in Japan, but this time, a foreign courtroom will be the battlefield." But there's really nothing to point either way.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The law is full of contradictions.

I feel like I'm about to explode I'm so excited! And is it just me or does that six remind me of someone? :maya:
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

What did he do this time...?

This is great news! We knew that the DD team was working on something, and so it turns out to be AA6 and not Edgeworth's 3rd game.

The confirmation of Western release will help me sleep at night. It'll probably be digital download only, but that's better than nothing.

Now I have to find a balance between watching the news on this game but not spoiling myself...
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

My excitement for this game is more cautious than it's been for any previous AA game. I was crazy excited for DD but it ended up being my least favourite AA by a long shot. I'd been hoping that the 3D would add a new depth to the investigation sections, but instead, despite the multiple angles when examining a location, they felt more hollow and empty than ever. You only really examined a place when the game ordered you to, then it'd tell you exactly where to look, then not let you examine anywhere until you were told to again. They've always been linear but when the game takes away all illusion that it's not then you might as well be watching TV (except for also having to whack the screen every time someone finishes a sentence). Also, I'm still waiting for the day the series goes back to having 3 day cases again like AA1. The story just naturally feels so much more exciting when it's more fast paced, with shorter chapters set over a longer time span. But by far the biggest problem with DD was of course, the writing! Phoenix, Edgeworth, Apollo, Pearl, to me they all seemed horribly unfamiliar, nothing like their old selves, and all the new characters were dull. How did a series so famed for having such witty, snappy, dialogue and interesting characters decline so much? I can't be sure whether that's down to the creators or the localisers. The creators had the struggle of Takumi's absence whereas the localisers had the struggle of finishing the localisation in time for a simultaneous release, so it may even be a bit of both. But I'll definitely be buying this new game, if it gets the improvements it needs then I definitely wouldn't want to miss it!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Apollon wrote:

Exactly, which is why I already find it not as crazy as much as I just find him to be trying to mimic Takumi, as always.

... and the courtroom will be a "battlefield"? I already thought the bombed courtroom setting in 5-5 was trying to hard to be epic when the game didn't need to go there :/

This literally made me go "meh".

Definitely will see what it's about, but none of the stuff so far is super-appealing to me.

EDIT: Nice find with the spirit-boy's magatama. Perhaps he's Maya and Nick's secret child :hotti:
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Last edited by linkenski on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Whip the cream!]

Ash wrote:
Info from the scans:

Spoiler:
This time, the game is set outside Japan. Naruhodo has come to the unnamed country for a reason, but luck has it he gets involved with some case. The people in this country seem to believe in the spirits of the dead. In their courtrooms, there's a big Water Mirror (mizukagami) set in the floor. On the upper 3DS screen, we see images and words floating in the water, while in the lower screen we see what appears to be part of a testimony and the option to present something.

The boy is called Bokto Tsuani (bokuto tsuaani -> Boku to Tour ni -> On a Tour With Me) and he is a monk-in-training, who works as a tour guide to make some money. Once he starts his tour-guide-talk, he can't be stopped.

There's also a screenshot of a mysterious girl. According to the text, she is not a prosecutor, witness, nor the judge.

Oh... I must say, that sounds quite interesting. :pearl:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Ash wrote:
L~A wrote:
Apollon wrote:

The scan literally says "Up until now the numbered series was set in Japan, but this time, a foreign courtroom will be the battlefield." But there's really nothing to point either way.

I see. Thanks a lot for the clarification!
ImageImageImage

Calios wrote:
I just noticed something concerning the scans, including the hints from the purple 6 itself.

That's a magatama! The Fey Clan is involved in this, which means a certain someone may be coming back.

The section below seems different from Maya's and Pearl's magatama Image... but yeah, I think that's a magatama.
And if the foreign country where the game takes place is the Kurain Village? Maybe it became so famous in these past 7 years, that it is an indipendent state now... or perhaps it's a Special Administrative Region!

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*wonk*

Armstrong better return. Or I swear to Cena that I will explode.
yes

[Whip the cream!]

He'll be the judge.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Slammer wrote:
And if the foreign country where the game takes place is the Kurain Village? Maybe it became so famous in these past 7 years, that it is an indipendent state now... or perhaps it's a Special Administrative Region!

But Kurain Village is in Japan. They wouldn't make such a fuzz about AA6 taking place in a foreign country, if this was just Kurain Village.

Breakdown

I somehow had a strange feeling while we'd be skipping DGS (please still be localized though :sadshoe: ) that in that weird Capcom way we'd still get AA6. I'll admit DD wasn't exactly my series favorite and the writing was far from Takumi's imo BUT I'M EXCITED TO SEE WE'LL FINALLY FOLLOW THE CLIFFHANGERS AND FINALLY GET A NEW GAME IN THE STATES AGAIN! :redd:

Lusankya wrote:
Slammer wrote:

But Kurain Village is in Japan. They wouldn't make such a fuzz about AA6 taking place in a foreign country, if this was just Kurain Village.

Then how to bring Maya back into the game? She's the Master of the Kurain Channeling Technique now, she can't leave the Village

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

The Enigma

Sigh...

I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

迷探偵

L~A wrote:
Thanks for the details.

Why won't you post stuff on Twitter anymore?

Oops, missed this. Obviously, because Takumi posts too much! j/k I just don't want to feel obligated to be on top of every bit of news anymore, especially not if they're going to reveal 80% of the game in advance like they've been doing the last two games...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

The hype is building…I just hope it keeps the DD engine, though… and add some new features to the Mood Matrix if Athena is in this.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

What did he do this time...?

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
The hype is building…I just hope it keeps the DD engine, though… and add some new features to the Mood Matrix if Athena is in this.

I'm guessing they're going to keep the DD engine. First off, they're already going to have a playable demo ready in September, so this leads me to believe that they're going to use the same engine - it would take longer for us to get a playable demo if that wasn't true.

Also, in the AA logo, Phoenix still has that one strand of his spikey hair sticking out, so I assume he'll look the same as in DD.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

ZAWA ZAWA

Apollon wrote:
I'm ready, totally ready. I ain't even mad that it's Yamazaki, he's good and as long as the big issues in DD get fixed I'm sure he'll do a great job!

I'm trying to be a cautious with my optimism as I can. I had a lot of hopes for Dual Destinies, and while I still like that game, most of the stuff I would've liked to see didn't happen. However every time we get a game from him, he noticeably improves from each title to the next, so I'm sure he'll do fine.

I'm still mad excited though, and we've gotten information on this game a lot sooner than I thought.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Danchat wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

I'm guessing they're going to keep the DD engine. First off, they're already going to have a playable demo ready in September, so this leads me to believe that they're going to use the same engine - it would take longer for us to get a playable demo if that wasn't true.

Also, in the AA logo, Phoenix still has that one strand of his spikey hair sticking out, so I assume he'll look the same as in DD.

Checked the scans, both are true.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Slammer wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Slammer wrote:

Then how to bring Maya back into the game? She's the Master of the Kurain Channeling Technique now, she can't leave the Village

I'm getting a pretty strong feeling that this country is going to be the birthplace of Ami Fey or at least where she learnt her famous channeling technique. And all the Masters of Kurain have to travel there at least once in their life for some reason. So this game (or at the very least, this case, but that mirror thingy seems to be a game mechanic) seems to be screaming 'Maya!"

Damn it, I was supposed to drop off the face of the forum and not know anything at all about the game. Curse you, temptation.

Avatars are for less anxious people.

I'm sitting here hoping the team hasn't forgotten the characters introduced in Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies. The continuity is one of the things I love about this series.

Calios wrote:

Magatamas aren't exclusive to the Fey clan, you know. They're an actual Japanese thing. And this one doesn't even have the same shape.

Kind of irrelevant but there was a poll a little after Dual Destinies (in Japan) that asked who your favorite character was. Apollo was the fan favorite. Does anyone have a link to that thread?

Mia Payne

So... do you guys think we'll get released same time as Japan or after?

My completely unsubstantiated guess is that we'll get it three months after Japan

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Oh this is truly exciting news! I was completely taken off guard by this announcement! It's so exciting! I personally though DD was the end of Phoenix's story.

But this looks like Pollo and Athena aren't going to be involved much, or at all. Well crosses finger, I REALLY want Pollo to have more screentime~

But that scan with the strange-looking magatama, I guess this will be a whole thing where like Phoenix takes these cases in this new country because it reminds him of Maya's situation (Like how Ema did back then). This village most likely doesn't channel spirits like Kurain did. But has a culture that revolves around the departed.
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Objection!

Blizdi wrote:
So... do you guys think we'll get released same time as Japan or after?

They were really quick to announce a western release this time around, so my guess would be that the wait won't be too long. I don't think we'll be getting it at the same time, though.

If the whole game is settled abroad, I don't really know how Apollo and Athena fit in it. The only possibilities I can think of are:

-They just travel with Nick.
-They stay in the Wright Anything Agency taking cases while Phoenix (and probably Maya) adventure around this new country, and in the end everything comes together somehow.
-They don't appear in the game, but then GS7 is all about them and what they were up to while Phoenix was abroad.
-They just get written out. Yamazaki's plan was always reverting the story-line to the main trilogy state. GS5 was just an excuse to give Nick his badge back and turning him into his old self again and this one will do the same with Maya.

Gardevoir lover

...I'm off to download Ace Attorney trilogy and Ace attorney Dual destinies again and replay them.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

1000% Knight

I think the fast confirmation of a western release... doesn't bode well for DGS.

Considering the setting, I hope this doesn't turn into a rehash of DGS and/or PLvAA (similar to how they turned DD into a rehash of 1-5 >_>). For whatever reason, my hope is that only one or two cases are in the foreign country.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

luck wrote:
If the whole game is settled abroad, I don't really know how Apollo and Athena fit in it. The only possibilities I can think of are:

-They just travel with Nick.
-They stay in the Wright Anything Agency taking cases while Phoenix (and probably Maya) adventure around this new country, and in the end everything comes together somehow.
-They don't appear in the game, but then GS7 is all about them and what they were up to while Phoenix was abroad.
-They just get written out. Yamazaki's plan was always reverting the story-line to the main trilogy state. GS5 was just an excuse to give Nick his badge back and turning him into his old self again and this one will do the same with Maya.

The second option is the most probable: he can't just leave his country and Wright Anything Agency without anyone taking care of it and taking cases from clients... it's his job, after all. Then Maya's return as an assistant is a really good choice IMO, considering the foreign country's culture is really similar to Kurain Village

Heh heh.

Slammer wrote:
Calios wrote:

The section below seems different from Maya's and Pearl's magatama Image... but yeah, I think that's a magatama.

Is it just me, or is that character a boy?

And I seem to remember Pearl mentioning something about other channeling schools back in 2-2...
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

9mayasato9 wrote:
Is it just me, or is that character a boy?

Indeed. It is explicitly said he is a boy in one of the translations posted here, I believe.
Page 2 of 5 [ 169 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes