Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 3 of 3[ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: AA pachinko game announced, CM features anime scenesTopic%20Title

Ash wrote:
I have not compared the different versions, so I don't know the details, but apperently, the translation is sorta like how Ace Attorney was done (minus the name/setting changes). So while the base translation (the meaning of the lines) is still based on the Japanese, the team also added their own jokes. The example I saw was the dialogue of Cross series protagonist Xiaomu, who makes all kinds of otaku references in her English dialogue (none of that in her original dialogue lines).

Was it necessary to change those lines for localization reasons (E.G.: something strictly related to Japanese culture), or did they just add their own jokes for the sake of doing so?

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

A Kirby and AA fan

Ash wrote:
I have not compared the different versions, so I don't know the details, but apperently, the translation is sorta like how Ace Attorney was done (minus the name/setting changes). So while the base translation (the meaning of the lines) is still based on the Japanese, the team also added their own jokes. The example I saw was the dialogue of Cross series protagonist Xiaomu, who makes all kinds of otaku references in her English dialogue (none of that in her original dialogue lines).

Ah, that's what I thought. Reminds me a bit of the whole Fire Emblem Fates thing that is going on now...

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I don't know why but the whole presentation kind of reminds me of those videos they play on screens when you wait in line for a ride at Disneyland. The frequent noise and hectic editing just needs Von Karma shouting at Nick to keep his arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times for it to work in my mind. Then again, I have no idea what kind of ride you could make out of AA, unless you go the classic "look at this scene from the game" dark ride.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

迷探偵

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Then again, I have no idea what kind of ride you could make out of AA, unless you go the classic "look at this scene from the game" dark ride.

A case is outlined in the lounge, and the ride itself takes you along the key scenes of a case, with the course's rises and falls following the ups and downs in a case. At one point, you're given a look at a piece of evidence from the front, and during a loop, you get to see it from a totally different angle, which turns the case around in Phoenix' favor. Everybody does the objection pose in front of the fixed camera, even though it's dangerous.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Ash wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
Then again, I have no idea what kind of ride you could make out of AA, unless you go the classic "look at this scene from the game" dark ride.

A case is outlined in the lounge, and the ride itself takes you along the key scenes of a case, with the course's rises and falls following the ups and downs in a case. At one point, you're given a look at a piece of evidence from the front, and during a loop, you get to see it from a totally different angle, which turns the case around in Phoenix' favor. Everybody does the objection pose in front of the fixed camera, even though it's dangerous.

That's Incredible. I would be the guy who rides the ride again and again all day despite looking like an idiot. Especially if they did what they did what Disney did with Star Tours and made it have different paths, but then again that would mean it's one of those "screen" motion simulator rides and not a real ride (I'll take those wonderful corny animatronics over the screen any day).

I actually made a Phoenix Wright theme park in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 once a couple years back. I really had to stretch the theme to keep any kind of relevancy. If I remember correctly a lot of it was just a red and a blue car running on tracks that kept intercepting and curving around on each other (I also believe that there was another section where a red car and a motorcycle did the same thing while a bluish Haunted Mansion-esque car "hovered magically" over the action). So maybe it's not a liscence that lends itself to theme parks very well.

Now, considering I've completely gone off-topic, I will end by saying it would be fun to try this out, but there's no way it's coming over here so I'll just keep watching the animations.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:

Ash, why does this not exist yet? Better yet, why has Capcom not funded the construction of a Capcom Theme Park? It'd be like playing Project X Zone but LIVE and without the bs plot because it's a theme park. Everyone wins!

Well, I suppose we'll just have to do with pachinko. Still, there's plenty else to do with the animations. I've just been manipulating screenshots people have captured from this trailer for my evil bidding and uh, something about leaving Phoenix (and Edgeworth) in pachinko debt hell. This is totally on-topic.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I actually made a Phoenix Wright theme park in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 once a couple years back. I really had to stretch the theme to keep any kind of relevancy. If I remember correctly a lot of it was just a red and a blue car running on tracks that kept intercepting and curving around on each other (I also believe that there was another section where a red car and a motorcycle did the same thing while a bluish Haunted Mansion-esque car "hovered magically" over the action).

And halfway, the construction suddenly stops, sending everyone and the carts flying to their death right? (I might've been playing Rollercoaster Tycoon the wrong way)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Here is some new video footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mHkqY7IeTo

This has some really nice pieces of new 2D artwork and remixes of popular tracks. Hopefully we can somehow get this stuff separately from the pachinko machine. I really want that Ema image as an avatar.

Beware of the Dog

I wonder where the video was made? Because sometimes you can see a reflection on the glass, and it doesn't look like the crowded Pachinko halls I know from books. The story-related 3D fights look quite nice, if you ask me... And Gumshoe should really watch his bento. :sadshoe:

Programmer

There is always the possibility of some collector having a private collection.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Gardevoir lover

Those remixes... They need to be officially released on a CD or something, they are so sick.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

迷探偵

The official site has a flowchart that "explains" how the game works. (*If you know pachinko).

It specifically mentions Turnabout Samurai, Big Top, Recipe, Stolen and Investigation Mode as the regular stages. From there, you can move to the other modes by getting hits. Eventually, you'll get to Gyakuten Rush mode which is split in Episode ST (anime + court scene) or Charge ST.

Also: I already said this earlier, but note that NOWHERE on the site it mentions the copyright for the TV anime. If the machine really used footage from the TV anime, the correct copyright should be mentioned somewhere (which is ©CAPCOM/読売テレビ A-1 Pictures for the TV anime series).

Dragongirl

Bolt Storm wrote:
...So yeah, Ace Attorney pachinko machine was announced?

Last night a CM for an upcoming Ace Attorney-themed pachinko machine was released. As part of the ad, we can see a series of animated clips seemingly based in 1-4 and JFA:

For a better look, Calios has compiled the shots into a single video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiE6mPF ... e=youtu.be

Do note it isn't officially confirmed these are from the anime; it's entirely possible these are special-made for the Pachinko game.

Update: Ash weighs in:

Ash wrote:
I'd say it's the other way around though: while it might be footage from the upcoming anime, there's a much bigger chance that this is footage exclusive for the pachinko machine actually. Pachinko machines very, very often feature exclusively animated footage. They have that more often than re-used footage.

(Trivia: voicing pachinko anime sequences is one of the best paid jobs for voice actors in Japan, paying muuuuuch better than TV anime)

That, along with the lack of attribution to A-1, means this might just be specially-made for the game. But even still, it's pretty cool!

:pearl: I heard about this game from Japan to look cool to the Anime series when you play through, the Ace Attorney Pachinko is pretty cool. You know? You guys should check it out too from You Tube the most. Looks cool!
My name is Tayla 'Marie' Drago Hester, the number one Anime lover and supporter of all voice actors. Who also loves Ace Attorney things! :D
Page 3 of 3 [ 93 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » General » Trial Minutes