Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 3[ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Ace Attorney 6: Famitsu to reveal the rival prosecutorTopic%20Title

Maybe it's me, but I think this Nayuta Prosecutor looks a bit like Sanjay from A New Beginning... must be the dark skin and slightly long hair. Also, why do people think it could be potentially confusing what gender that Prosecutor is? Looks like a dude to me. And I'm generally pretty good at recognizing anime characters' genders.

C-A

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:
Maybe it's me, but I think this Nayuta Prosecutor looks a bit like Sanjay from A New Beginning... must be the dark skin and slightly long hair. Also, why do people think it could be potentially confusing what gender that Prosecutor is? Looks like a dude to me. And I'm generally pretty good at recognizing anime characters' genders.

C-A

Yeah I'm pretty sure Nayuta's male. Although now I'm hearing people think female I'm becoming more confused :payne:

I write to share my madness with all.

So about the new Prosecutor.....

Even with what scant information we have now, I have something I want to know.

At the end of the last trailer, there was a lot of speculations on whether the Prosecutor and Apollo knew each other, based on Apollo's wording when facing them.

While Sadmadhi being a jet setting monk is pretty cool, I have to wonder if it doesn't put the kibosh on those theories.

But then, Apollo is supposed to share the Protagonist role this time around, and having a past with Sadmadhi would help in that regard. What do you guys think?
I fell into fanfic hell many years ago. This place is my home now.

Art Person

Snowthefirst wrote:

At the end of the last trailer, there was a lot of speculations on whether the Prosecutor and Apollo knew each other, based on Apollo's wording when facing them.

While Sadmadhi being a jet setting monk is pretty cool, I have to wonder if it doesn't put the kibosh on those theories.

But then, Apollo is supposed to share the Protagonist role this time around, and having a past with Sadmadhi would help in that regard. What do you guys think?

Yeah, now that you mention it I wonder if Sadmahdi was in cahoots with Kristoph? It would be a nice way to tie and resolve AJ's plot

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

@Cat - Mmm point taken. I was really getting my hopes up, too. :/

Bolt Storm wrote:
Actually, she'll probably be the rival for both - the screens show her going up against Apollo, and the fact she's called out as an "international prosecutor" suggests she'll likely be doing some jet-setting.

Ooooh that's interesting. I wonder if s/he knows Lang. Maybe they're doing the Interpol thing?

Ahhhhh there goes my hopes of returning characters tho ahahah

A female prosecutor wouldn't be unheard of, so I dunno. Maybe just looking too much into it, ha ha.
ImageImageImage

Art Person

L~A wrote:
A female prosecutor wouldn't be unheard of, so I dunno. Maybe just looking too much into it, ha ha.

Yeah that's true. And plus we only really have 1 main female prosecutor (And Franzy was awesome XD), so it'd be nice if we had a 2nd.

迷探偵

L~A wrote:

Could you perhaps edit the part you quoted from me in the first post (with the 'she'), just to avoid confusion for those who only read the first post?
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
L~A wrote:

Could you perhaps edit the part you quoted from me in the first post (with the 'she'), just to avoid confusion for those who only read the first post?

Ah, yes, sorry about that. Saw Bolt's edit and forgot to edit your quote.
ImageImageImage

ASCEND

This looks like a really cool prosecutor! I do kind of hope they're a she though, since we haven't had many female prosecutors. I'm also kind of hoping that they'll have a different prosecutor in Kurain, but I wouldn't really mind either way.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Athena Internet Defense Force

First thing I thought of was Kimimaro from Naruto...

A New Chapter of Trials!

Ah yes my favorite prosecutor, gender-ambiguous purple haired monk. I want to see them in action before making any judgements for real though. It would be nice to have another female prosecutor again though if things pan out like that.
Eureka!

Planetbox wrote:
This looks like a really cool prosecutor! I do kind of hope they're a she though, since we haven't had many female prosecutors. I'm also kind of hoping that they'll have a different prosecutor in Kurain, but I wouldn't really mind either way.

The screens clearly show them in the Japanifornian court, despite them being a monk in the Kurain Kingdom. Plus, they're an "international prosecutor". It would suggest they'll be the prosecutor in both Japanifornia and Kurain.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master of sharp things!

Well now, I certainly wasn't expecting to wake up to this! Nayuta looks... interesting. Kind of what I was expecting actually, considering what the local judge looks like. Interesting to know that s/he'll be going up against both Apollo and Phoenix in each courtroom, but I wonder if their demeanor in the Kurain Kingdom courtroom will differ in our standard setting. At this rate though, I wonder just how easy it is to be an "international" prosecutor in the AA universe...

Bolt Storm wrote:
(Hoping Nayuta actually is a girl, just to shake things up a bit...)

I totally agree. Not that there's anything wrong if Nayuta ends up being a dude, but the series could definitely use more female prosecutors.

Snowthefirst wrote:

Considering we know Apollo will appear at the Kurain Kingdom courtroom at some point, it could also be possible that Apollo meets him/her there first and just surprised to see them at the regular courts. Or maybe the opposite is true, hard to say at the moment.

Planetbox wrote:

It would be pretty odd to have the Kuranian monk prosecute in Japanifornia and then a different prosecutor in Kurain.

I think that's definitely a guy. It doesn't even look all that ambiguous to me, just bishounen. A trick that a friend of mine taught me (she actually discovered Robin's secret at first glance thanks to it.) : Look at the neck. In AA, girls' necks are notably longer and thinner than the guys'.)

Mia Payne

^What if that's the Trucy case, and she's an act in the show, or soemthing?

luck wrote:
I think that's definitely a guy. It doesn't even look all that ambiguous to me, just bishounen. A trick that a friend of mine taught me (she actually discovered Robin's secret at first glance thanks to it.) : Look at the neck. In AA, girls' necks are notably longer and thinner than the guys'.)

What about Darklaw? I think her neck looks pretty much the same as Nayuta's.

Spoiler:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Ok, magazine is now out in Japan. We just have to wait for Bolt to work his magic and make a new thread :)
ImageImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

Gimme a few minutes on that front - slight technical difficulties...
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Do the technical difficulties include 'keeping eyes open long enough to be able to read more than a few words at once'? ;)

Seriously, I wonder if there's some sort of interview in the magazine... and when we'll get a second trailer.
ImageImageImage

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm fairly certain the new prosecutor is female. The artwork seems to have a small bust line, if you look closely. It it turns out to be a male, all I'll say is that's some pretty weird choice of padding to add to your clothes.

Bolt Storm wrote:
cyanoscarlet wrote:
OMG YES YES YES <3 Nayuta looks absolutely beautiful!

If s/he IS the Kurain prosecutor, it makes me excited for who will be Apollo/Athena's rival in Japanifornia. (Hoping for a new look for Blackquill tbh, or more Klavier, but a new rival also suits me fine.)

Thanks for the posts! <3

Actually, she'll probably be the rival for both - the screens show her going up against Apollo, and the fact she's called out as an "international prosecutor" suggests she'll likely be doing some jet-setting.

Lol wtf. That's kind of ridiculous to me but I'm oddly ok with it

I think the prosecutor's gonna be male or gender-ambiguous (but it won't tie into a mystery later)

Also, is anyone here a fan of Reborn? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ZyEeo24os

Ash wrote:
Objection: "Satora"

Is this his/her shout? What does it mean?

Pretty sure she's female, it would be very strange for a man to have such a high position in Kurain (of course if they intend to keep the original Kurain lore...)
Image ImageImage

Spyro wrote:
Pretty sure she's female, it would be very strange for a man to have such a high position in Kurain (of course if they intend to keep the original Kurain lore...)

Weren't women only important in Kurain due to their spiritual powers? Ie. if it included a job that didn't require spiritual powers (like a prosecutor, since I have no idea how that job would require spiritual powers), there'd be no reason to not have a man do that job. Especially if the mirror is made to show the final moments of the victim due to Lanfa's power.

But looking at the fullscans now, does seem to be a woman. (By the way, why make an extra thread for full scans? Why not just update the images in the first post?)

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Spyro wrote:

Weren't women only important in Kurain due to their spiritual powers? Ie. if it included a job that didn't require spiritual powers (like a prosecutor, since I have no idea how that job would require spiritual powers), there'd be no reason to not have a man do that job. Especially if the mirror is made to show the final moments of the victim due to Lanfa's power.

I don't remember the exact words, but I think it was made pretty clear that men felt unwelcome in Kurain, due to how every husband in the Fey clan eventually left their family. According to AA Wiki:
Quote:
The role of men in the village is so small that Wright did not see a single man when he visited the village. This complete neglect of the men has allegedly been the cause of the many divorces and separations that have occurred.

Quote:
No male clan members have ever been mentioned by name, and no information on the males' role in the society has ever been given other than that they usually work outside the village.

So I doubt that, unless they decide to retcon things (or maybe this is the result of Maya's social reforms as the current Master? That would be a nice explaination, acutally.)
Image ImageImage

A Kirby and AA fan

Not reading the thread yet, but seeing spoiler tags in the first post... Are these spoiler tags there because they're pretty big spoilers or more to reduce the size the scans take up on the page?
How big a spoiler would you guys say this is? Does it spoil much of the game or is it rather something you find out from pretty much the very beginning?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

JesusMonroe wrote:
Ash wrote:
Objection: "Satora"

Is this his/her shout? What does it mean?

"Satra", according to my Sanskrit dictionary, means "altogether" or "by all means". Since we don't know the context, I can't say for sure what it's referring to.

Nurio wrote:
Not reading the thread yet, but seeing spoiler tags in the first post... Are these spoiler tags there because they're pretty big spoilers or more to reduce the size the scans take up on the page?
How big a spoiler would you guys say this is? Does it spoil much of the game or is it rather something you find out from pretty much the very beginning?

The scans are big. There's a bit of info on the second case and review of Athena's Mood Matrix, as well as a few screens of the magician Mimi. Of course, there's the ever-looming question of whether Sadmadhi is male or female or trans Man, I have been on tumblr for too long.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

A Kirby and AA fan

Thanks! I suppose I'll skim the first post but stay out of the discussion

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Alright, I might as well come up with a ludicrous theory.
This new prosecutor has a twin of opposing gender. One of them will prosecute in Kurain, the other in Japan.
Called it.
When I say "Called it" I didn't actually clarify if I am referring to how my theory is true, or to how my theory is ludicrous.

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Alright, I might as well come up with a ludicrous theory.
This new prosecutor has a twin of opposing gender. One of them will prosecute in Kurain, the other in Japan.
Called it.
When I say "Called it" I didn't actually clarify if I am referring to how my theory is true, or to how my theory is ludicrous.

Only if they do the whole Twin Switch thing and it's a HUGE SURPRISE that they are twins. Like with Dahlia and Iris. What do you MEAN they can't reuse plot ideas? They had Maya get tried for murder in three consecutive games, I think they can pull an old plot into a new game.

C-A

You guys are all on about "are they a girl or a boy!?", why can't they be non-binary? I'm saying they're non-binary and I'm sticking to it.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

That's the thing: it's perfect for a running gag. He looks like a woman, talks like a woman, and probably acts like a woman when he's being gentle, and then someone calls him a "she" and he gets pissed.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck on his Objection bubble. What does it mean??
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

^It's probably Kurainese for "Objection!"
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gettin' Old!

Since I'm certain I lost the "Pick your Prosecutor" I'll hazard a new bet.

It's a she!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The cape is self-fluttering

Hahaha.

Is Apollo really that short?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
That's the thing: it's perfect for a running gag. He looks like a woman, talks like a woman, and probably acts like a woman when he's being gentle, and then someone calls him a "she" and he gets pissed.

It would be like the joke of the Ladder-Stepladder thing... or exactly how little money Gumshoe makes... the novelty would be lost. Very fast.

C-A

Zoinks

Loving the idea of a religious prosecutor. Hopefully they'll be a lot of good banter between Nayuta and 'non-believers' in the court.

Crazy idea: First transgender prosecutor. That'd be pretty neat
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Mia Payne

CatMuto wrote:

It would be like the joke of the Ladder-Stepladder thing... or exactly how little money Gumshoe makes... the novelty would be lost. Very fast.

C-A

Oh look, more negativity from CM, what a surprise.

Neither of those jokes ran it's course. The stepladder thing is made once per game, and the Gumshoe joke hasn't been made since AAI

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Removing the stepladder joke would be like a Star Wars without "I have a bad feeling about this" :/
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Call me James

Gotta agree, the ladder/stepladder joke needs to stay. It's so iconic, they even put it in Professor Layton and the Last Specter/Spectre's Call, during the run-up to Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney's release. Couldn't believe it.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Page 2 of 3 [ 85 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes