Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ace Attorney 6 in Famitsu 2/10/16: Full ScansTopic%20Title

The cape is self-fluttering

Bolt Storm wrote:

But perhaps the most interesting point of all?

Now remind me, who was in the Gramaryes? Magnifi, Valant, Thalassa, Zak, and... when did someone green join?

Huh, I'd been wondering if that was an actual human or not.

Now I'm wondering whether that '5000' disc at the bottom is a barbell plate or an oversized coin.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Wasn't expecting this stuff this early!

I don't know enough about the prosecutor to really have an opinion but he/she definitely looks interesting. The "they" part is interesting as well. My guess is that there is a male channeling a female or visa versa. Also interesting is how it seems to be that this person is in Japanifornia, at least in these screens. I had just always assumed that Apollo and Athena would be facing off against Blackquill while Phoenix and Maya Phoenix's new assistant took on the new prosecutor, but it looks like that may not be the case. In fact, it starts to make me wonder how much Phoenix will actually be in this one. Could he perhaps be in just the first (and maybe last) cases, rather than having an "equal share"?
Spoiler: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Or maybe He'll pull a luke, and they'll market him all over the place, but the whole game is actually about Apollo & Co. trying to get Phoenix out of Kurain Jail and the only time we see him is at the end of the game when Athena gives him his Attorney's Badge while he stares emotionally at her.
Actually, though, Phoenix got a lot of screentime in DD and I'm a massive Apollo fan so I'm totally fine with Apollo getting the front seat.

I love that they're (supposedly) bringing back the investigations for every area. Although are they saying they'll all be in 3D? I kind of doubt that because that would be a lot of work.

As someone who played AJ first more Trucy is always good, and I like the seeming Gramarye influence. The green man is really interesting to me, as it seems to indicate that they will delve more into the Gramarye plot in this game. That means Thalassa likely will make some kind of appearance or factor into the story somehow which might mean this game is following T&T and is trying to tie up loose ends and create an AJ trilogy. I don't remember enough of AJ to remember if there are any hints to Apollo's father. Was it indicated that he was a magician as well? Whoever this person is I'm guessing they would have had to have left the group pretty early as they weren't mentioned in AJ.

I might be missing something as I just quickly read over the translations, but overall I like where its going. I'll probably avoid any official info after the next trailer, though, as towards the end they start to show off each case pretty heavily and I kind of like going into most of the cases blind. (Although I'm sure I'll go to the "I only want to know one thing" topic to ask the all-important is Maya back".)
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Or maybe He'll pull a luke, and they'll market him all over the place, but the whole game is actually about Apollo & Co. trying to get Phoenix out of Kurain Jail and the only time we see him is at the end of the game when Athena gives him his Attorney's Badge while he stares emotionally at her.

Or maybe they could do that with Maya. It would build up more hype.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:

Or maybe they could do that with Maya. It would build up more hype.

That's true, and actually I liked that part of TFA but on the other hand I spoiled myself before so I had already gone through the mixed feelings/hype stage.

Spoiler: The Force Awakens
On the other hand, it worked in TFA because we presume Luke will have a big role in EPVIII and most viewers will be able to see that. I kind of worry that if they do that with GS6 (essentially setting up a cliffhangar in regards to the character), if we don't end up getting GS7 then we're stuck with a setup to a character arc we'll never get.

I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Anyways, Star Wars aside, Maya would have to appear in this game, as many have already discussed. In Dual Destinies, she only had a few lines (and that was in a letter) and didn't make a physical appearance. And since Maya is one of the most popular Ace Attorney characters, it would be a crime to not include her, let alone not mention her.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Also interesting is how it seems to be that this person is in Japanifornia, at least in these screens.
I had just always assumed that Apollo and Athena would be facing off against Blackquill while Phoenix and Maya Phoenix's new assistant took on the new prosecutor, but it looks like that may not be the case.

Well, the trailer had Apollo facing the new prosecutor, so I always thought that was a given.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
In fact, it starts to make me wonder how much Phoenix will actually be in this one. Could he perhaps be in just the first (and maybe last) cases, rather than having an "equal share"?

Assuming Yamazaki keeps the usual 5 cases structure, then "Phoenix - Apollo - Phoenix - Apollo - grand finale with both" makes sense.
Surely inbetween we might control Athena at some points, but overall I think it will mainly alternate between Phoenix and Apollo.

Bolt Storm wrote:

Now remind me, who was in the Gramaryes? Magnifi, Valant, Thalassa, Zak, and... when did someone green join?

I may be dreaming awake, but the green Gramarye looks like Thalassa to me. Though the hair is darker, they seem to be wearing the same 'braided pigtails', with her golden rings at the end. And perhaps her costume is green because the blue one is already being used by Trucy?

PS: Hi! I'm kinda new here. I actually registered years ago, and I've been following C-R on Twitter since forever, too, but I never posted anything. I just couldn't help to do it now and share my theory. I love reading yours! :redd:

Kyria wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

I may be dreaming awake, but the green Gramarye looks like Thalassa to me. Though the hair is darker, they seem to be wearing the same 'braided pigtails', with her golden rings at the end. And perhaps her costume is green because the blue one is already being used by Trucy?

PS: Hi! I'm kinda new here. I actually registered years ago, and I've been following C-R on Twitter since forever, too, but I never posted anything. I just couldn't help to do it now and share my theory. I love reading yours! :redd:

I think we only know her wearing the blue costume.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

I think the one in blue is Thalassa. Never noticed the guy on green! :O

Awwright I'm excited.

ASCEND

Lusankya wrote:
Assuming Yamazaki keeps the usual 5 cases structure, then "Phoenix - Apollo - Phoenix - Apollo - grand finale with both" makes sense.
Surely inbetween we might control Athena at some points, but overall I think it will mainly alternate between Phoenix and Apollo.

That's what I was thinking as well, but since Apollo and Phoenix were said to be the "dual protagonists" I imagine the only times we'd play as Athena would be in a DLC case or something.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Planetbox wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

That's what I was thinking as well, but since Apollo and Phoenix were said to be the "dual protagonists" I imagine the only times we'd play as Athena would be in a DLC case or something.

I do want to see Athena playable again! Watching the Let's Play from her point of view was absolutely golden. <3 :athena:

Apollon Flame

I'm starting to think that the new prosecutor is connected to the Gramaryes somehow. We get a new prosecutor AND a new member of the Gramarye group? AND a masked member? That's enough to catch anyone's attention.

From what I can remember from AJ, Apollo's dad suffered a stage act accident (much like his mother Thalassa). Thalassa suffered a stage act accident, was presumed death, but ended up appearing FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY. See the coincidence? Apollo's father too could have survived the stage act accident and woke-up an amnesiac over in ANOTHER COUNTRY: Kingdom of Kurain.

But if the new prosecutor isn't connected to the Gramaryes, then I'm worried that GS6 has to handle A LOT of things:

• Kingdom of Kurain
• New prosecutor backstory
• The Gramaryes
• Maya
A King

in name

alone...

I think the Gramaryes are going to be only in one case just to show that they know that AJ did happen, while the overall plot of the game will be Kurain, which will revolve around Leifa and the prosecutor (I still think it's a guy, by the way) and maybe include Maya somehow.

Apollon Flame

luck wrote:
I think the Gramaryes are going to be only in one case just to show that they know that AJ did happen, while the overall plot of the game will be Kurain, which will revolve around Leifa and the prosecutor (I still think it's a guy, by the way) and maybe include Maya somehow.

Or the last case could work to resolve both the Gramaryes and the Kingdom of Kurain. 3-5 did cover both the Fey family and Godot's backstory. The same could work for 6-4/5: it covers the Gramaryes and the Kingdom of Kurain, and new prosecutor's backstory.

Or 6-4 could solve as the settlement for the start of the end of the Gramarye and Kingdom of Kurain plot, and 6-5 finished it.
A King

in name

alone...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

luck wrote:

Considering that the staff didn't update the story section, then yes, I think this is a safe bet. They can finally answer where Apollo's dad has gone off to and ignore the bit where Apollo and Trucy realize they're siblings.

Or, I guess they could realize it while Phoenix is abroad so they can't yell at him until he gets back. Either way works with me. Thalassa ought to make an appearance somehow too.

Aaaand, is that all? I think that's all that was left open from AJ.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

My Theory on the Prosecutor: there will be no 2nd prosecutor for Phoenix to face off of or visa versa. At least not exactly.
My bet is that Nayuta is actually a dead person who is being channeled by two different people in both Japanifornia and Kurain. So one day he/she shows up in Kurain to face Phoenix and the next day they're in Japanifornia facing off against Apollo. I was thinking at first that perhaps Maya was channeling them in Japanifornia as the head of Kurain was involved in governmental work in the past, but Nayuta doesn't have black hair which we've always seen in Maya's channelings before so who knows.

Calios wrote:
I'm more intrigued by the Steel Samurai poster behind it.

I'm guessing with all the DVDs Maya was sending Phoenix all throughout Trucy's childhood, she probably became a fan, or it might be leftover from whatever was on stage before Trucy's show (perhaps Larry has rebooted Steel Samurai Daddy for the next generation?)
Zekrom025 wrote:
I think my reaction mostly comes from Dual Destinies' execution. I thought there was a reason why Yamazaki decided to drop all of AA4's plot points and, in a way, re-invent the series by bringing back Phoenix and other older characters (although whether that was the producer's wish or the publisher's is yet to be known). It just seems strange that after a game that felt so alienated from the series's plot, Yamazaki would want to revisit the older plot points.

Also, the fact that the sub-plot is being handled by a different writer is a big red flag to me. I just hope that the Gramayre plotline is handled professionally and respectfully, while keeping the same tone as the original, otherwise I'd honestly rather not know the outcome at all.

I think they specifically made DD to be as friendly of a game to newcomers as possible, which makes sense (although in a franchise this story-focused I wonder how many people actually had DD as their first game) but it meant that the game was a (in my opinion good) rehashing of the simplest form of the AA formula. By making so much of the focus on Athena, it shifted focus away from Phoenix and Apollo's character arcs and took the perspective of the potential new userbase: someone new walking into an office full of baggage that probably won't get fully disclosed to you.

I think they realized how much people wanted some of this stuff to be in the game, though, and it does look to me like they are trying to either wrap up or at least elaborate on the Gramarye plotline. And in all honesty I'm not worried because even excluding my admiration for the Yamazaki team, I don't actually think there was that much in AJ that needed to be wrapped up. The biggest thing was the strange decision to not let Trucy and Apollo know that they were siblings. Other than that, Apollo's father is there too but seems much less of a "need to know" thing. DD, Just like JFA for that matter, was a self-contained story (exception being Morgan but something similar from DD could pop up) and I think GS6 will try and bring everything together a little bit.
Bolt Storm wrote:
I don't think that's the case either - it's likely just a shot from early in the case, when there aren't many locations to move to. The UI looks pretty much the same as it did in AA5, that is to say tooled for having many options.

I could be wrong, but it'd be an odd backtrack to make. (DGS also let you move anywhere.)

I agree, I don't think they're going to take out the things that people liked about DD's menu, ex. the log. Personally, though, I actually always like the way they did moving around better in GS1-GS4 because it made me see every place and I was more inclined to show everyone new evidence, etc. but I understand that's just me and objectively the simpler moving is the better.
Lusankya wrote:

That makes sense. As much as I really like Athena, I'd be fine without her being playable this time as I think in DD it was on that edge of too many playable protagonists occasionally.
Page 2 of 2 [ 56 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes