Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 6 of 7[ 264 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: AA6 blowout: Maya confirmed, trailer, 6/9 release, web dTopic%20Title

Wow, Witness Jesus is the best.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/ ... er_09.html

His speech blip blops are actually in tune with the music he plays.

I wish I WERE the best.

Here's an article that gives us more information about Potdino Niwackus (Niwakas? The wiki has a different spelling for the surname right now).

And what is he singing about in his testimony?

迷探偵

The namepuns until now were fairly easy to see, but I'm not sure about Potdino Niwakas yet. The ideas that came up when I first saw the name were:
1) Teapot ni Wakasu (ティーポットに沸かす): Cook (transitive) in a teapot
2) Niwaka spot(dino?): Suddenly spot (and then I can't make sense of the dino part).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Some footage for Potdino and Mitamaru. I just loooooove how they actually made Potdino sing using the usual bleep boops of the series. Just fantastic, ha ha.

> https://youtu.be/1MQKj5MUrAU
ImageImageImage

Call me James

L~A wrote:
Some footage for Potdino and Mitamaru. I just loooooove how they actually made Potdino sing using the usual bleep boops of the series. Just fantastic, ha ha.

This game. Love it.

Actually kinda reminds me of that one witness in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, but better. Top tier witness, for sure.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Racing through the sky like a Missile

L~A wrote:

Best song, best bard, best witness all wrapped up in one. Praise be unto the Founder.

Fyi, he's just singing about how Bokuto was the only one who could have done it. That guard went to the treasure room before the crime occurred for some reason. I'm curious how the localization team will handle it. It has to be exactly on-time with the music.

And Bokuto's comments:
"H-hey! Mitamaru, no!"

"Appilakke!"
"Hey, Bokuto. Appilakke."
"Oh! So you've finally learned the Kurain greeting!"
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Blah!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Fyi, he's just singing about how Bokuto was the only one who could have done it. That guard went to the treasure room before the crime occurred for some reason. I'm curious how the localization team will handle it. It has to be exactly on-time with the music.

Considering in Dual Destinies they went through the effort to change Fulbright's model to show a horizontal style police ID and

Spoiler: DD Case 3
changed the chalkboard animations to draw Arabic letters

I'm sure the localization team will have the flexibility to add a syllable here for the lyrics to match the music.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Just found out you can unmute the audio (I'm using Firefox) for the movies. We could have figured out Nayuta's gender a long time ago! Either that, or they just added it in.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Just found out you can unmute the audio (I'm using Firefox) for the movies. We could have figured out Nayuta's gender a long time ago! Either that, or they just added it in.

I'm 100% sure there was no audio until today (they must have updated the files). I remember finding the url for the video files looking at the source code of each page, and there definitely wasn't any audio.

Actually, the video clip doesn't have his voice, so it doesn't even matter in the end :payne:
ImageImageImage

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Speaking of Nayuta, can someone please translate this footage from the stream?
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:

I feel like inserting an obligatory laugh track at the end of this.
Spoiler:
Nayuta: ...Mr. Justice, if it's alright with you...
Could I hear your basis for your claim?

Apollo: Basis? Um...
Well, if I had to say, it's because I believe in the defendant's innocence.

Nayuta: ...I see. As expected, proving your client's innocence will be difficult...
You've at least proven that you are indeed a contemptible fool of an attorney.

Apollo: C-"contemptible fool"?

Judge: M-Mr. Nayuta?

Apollo: Hey, what's the big idea!?

<Satra!>

Nayuta: *Kurainese*

Judge: ...Um, excuse me, Mr. Nayuta. What is that chant you're speaking?

Nayuta: This is the "sutra" of my country's founder to lead those of tainted souls to "Enlightenment".
It is a chant of the Kurainese faith that awakes fools from their slumber.
It is quite appropriate for a defense attorney who indulges in such dreams of a not guilty verdict.

Judge: ...I-I see. In other words, you're telling him to be "enlightened".

Nayuta: Mr. Justice... allow me to give you some advice...
To judge the sinful and lead the soul of the victim into the afterlife is the duty of the monk.
You should admit to and repent for the crimes of the defendant.
However... if you insist on obstructing this holy ceremonial honoring the dead...
Then you, together with the defendant... shall be cast into the depths of hell!

Apollo: ...N-no, that's not it!
What was that just now? Calling me "contemptible" or "casting me into hell"!?

Judge: Hm. Mr. Nayuta, that may be custom in Kurain, however...
I must thank you for speaking such harsh words in a very courteous manner.

Nayuta: ...Your Honor. This is directed to those who stray from the path of righteousness...

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
CourtroomShenanigans wrote:

I feel like inserting an obligatory laugh track at the end of this.
Spoiler:
Nayuta: ...Mr. Justice, if it's alright with you...
Could I hear your basis for your claim?

Apollo: Basis? Um...
Well, if I had to say, it's because I believe in the defendant's innocence.

Nayuta: ...I see. As expected, proving your client's innocence will be difficult...
You've at least proven that you are indeed a contemptible fool of an attorney.

Apollo: C-"contemptible fool"?

Judge: M-Mr. Nayuta?

Apollo: Hey, what's the big idea!?

<Satra!>

Nayuta: *Kurainese*

Judge: ...Um, excuse me, Mr. Nayuta. What is that chant you're speaking?

Nayuta: This is the "sutra" of my country's founder to lead those of tainted souls to "Enlightenment".
It is a chant of the Kurainese faith that awakes fools from their slumber.
It is quite appropriate for a defense attorney who indulges in such dreams of a not guilty verdict.

Judge: ...I-I see. In other words, you're telling him to be "enlightened".

Nayuta: Mr. Justice... allow me to give you some advice...
To judge the sinful and lead the soul of the victim into the afterlife is the duty of the monk.
You should admit to and repent for the crimes of the defendant.
However... if you insist on obstructing this holy ceremonial honoring the dead...
Then you, together with the defendant... shall be cast into the depths of hell!

Apollo: ...N-no, that's not it!
What was that just now? Calling me "contemptible" or "casting me into hell"!?

Judge: Hm. Mr. Nayuta, that may be custom in Kurain, however...
I must thank you for speaking such harsh words in a very courteous manner.

Nayuta: ...Your Honor. This is directed to those who stray from the path of righteousness...

Did Nayuta just get away with saying 'Go to hell' in court?. XD

On a completely unrelated note, what happened with that master emblem thing that Misty had? Did Maya keep it? Because I think it'd be hilarious is she goes around showing it to everybody to imitate Phoenix.

Mia Payne

L~A wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:

I'm 100% sure there was no audio until today (they must have updated the files). I remember finding the url for the video files looking at the source code of each page, and there definitely wasn't any audio.

Actually, the video clip doesn't have his voice, so it doesn't even matter in the end :payne:

Male beeps

Danksgiving

Blizdi wrote:
Male beeps

check your privilege

Mia Payne

Mister Gruel wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Male beeps

check your privilege

;~; :larry:

luck wrote:
Did Nayuta just get away with saying 'Go to hell' in court?. XD

Based on the context, he doesn't mean that only as an insult, but also as a direct threat. These people are quite religious, ya know.

The princess says something similar to Phoenix in the first case, particularly after he doubts her oracle.

Quote:
On a completely unrelated note, what happened with that master emblem thing that Misty had? Did Maya keep it? Because I think it'd be hilarious is she goes around showing it to everybody to imitate Phoenix.

I dunno, honestly. Since the Capcom reps have specifically stated that she isn't the Master yet, she might have left it in a safe place back home, probably under the watch of her fellow mediums and Pearl. She may have brought it with her abroad, but I don't see her wearing it just yet.

Edit: I noticed after translating that segment above, everyone does refer to him as "Prosecutor Nayuta", rather than by his last name. Is this intentional, as in the man himself has accepted being called by his first name, or is it unintentional, as in everyone, being Japanese, assumed the first part of his name is his last?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

When he speaks in Kuraini (That's what I'm going to call it from now on), there's not only a special font, but instead of beeps, we get an actual voice. Literally the best thing I've ever heard. Also, anyone here with good ears able to make out the actual words in Nayuta's chant? Even if there's no official translation, I'd love to know what the hell he's saying.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

DGS fucking when..

So I take it they're just gonna sweep Iris to the bottom of the rug and proceed with Maya like nothing happened? Don't get me wrong she sure has grown more beautiful and everything but based on the brief scene with her from the trailer she seems to still be the childish girl she once was and I was really hoping they'll pursue the whole Phoenix/Iris thing especially with how they left it from the third game and how they cut off his story with Apollo's. It would be fun to see how Trucy felt regarding her potential future mommy (and I'm still salty on how Nick has reverted to his previous personality of a rookie instead of staying the cool mature one in AJ game. Remember his and Trucy banter regarding the new mommy? Oh man that was gold)

I don't ship Phoenix/Maya or anything, but she's a way more important character in AA than Iris. One was part of the main cast for three games and the other is a sort of one-off character (A one-off character important in Nick's live, but she still only appeared in one case.)

Also, I doubt they'd ever put any main character in a relationship.

DGS fucking when..

I definitely agree with the whole no pairing up the main character thing. I mean this isn't a romcom at all and that's the way it should be! But I'm just bothered by the fact that they left the whole Iris thing completely, considering she's quite an important character in Nick's life. It would be nice to get a little bit story on what happened after Iris served her time but oh well.

Gardevoir lover

This is something that just came to mind, i don't think it warrants a full thread so i think i'll just ask you guys outright.

Are you guys worried about how Yamazaki's team is going to handle Maya's return? Because they're interpretations of returning characters have always been hit or miss. Some are likeable like Edgeworth and Apollo (id be really embarrassing if they couldn't get Edgeworth right given how they were the writers for AAI) but then we have a weird case for Phoenix in that he seems like his Apollo justice self outside of court but when you play as him he reverts to his trilogy self and then we have the utter terribleness that is DD Trucy and Pearl...
Basically that team seems to have a habit of either being on point or being 100% off with the characters. I'm personally worried Maya will basically be like "Hey Nick this corpse reminds me of a good burger!" "I'm ready to go to court as long as i get a burger!" stuff like that.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Danksgiving

>implying that wasn't mayas original personality

Gardevoir lover

Mister Gruel wrote:
>implying that wasn't mayas original personality

Yes but it wasn't annoying, i mean like her want for burgers dominates the rest of her personality like Yamazaki's team likes doing.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

What did he do this time...?

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
This is something that just came to mind, i don't think it warrants a full thread so i think i'll just ask you guys outright.

Are you guys worried about how Yamazaki's team is going to handle Maya's return? Because they're interpretations of returning characters have always been hit or miss. Some are likeable like Edgeworth and Apollo (id be really embarrassing if they couldn't get Edgeworth right given how they were the writers for AAI) but then we have a weird case for Phoenix in that he seems like his Apollo justice self outside of court but when you play as him he reverts to his trilogy self and then we have the utter terribleness that is DD Trucy and Pearl...
Basically that team seems to have a habit of either being on point or being 100% off with the characters. I'm personally worried Maya will basically be like "Hey Nick this corpse reminds me of a good burger!" "I'm ready to go to court as long as i get a burger!" stuff like that.

I share your concern. I think one of the problems with Trucy and Pearl appearing in DD was that they had such a small role to play, so they were basically one-trick ponies (or at least Trucy was). I think that since Maya will have a major role in AA6, they'll be able to fully develop her character. But I definitely expect her to bring back her personality from the OT, for better or for worse.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Danchat wrote:
I think that since Maya will have a major role in AA6, they'll be able to fully develop her character. But I definitely expect her to bring back her personality from the OT, for better or for worse.

To be fair, I can't see how much they could change her character. Maya will always be Maya. No matter what comes her way, she'll face it with a smile. At the very least, being a senior at the WAA means she gets to boss Nick's underlings around... or maybe not, but she would anyway.

Before the reveal, I hoped they already made her the Master of Kurain. Dealing with political tensions and power struggles between the differing Kurains would be an interesting topic, should they decide to take that route. However, I wasn't too disappointed after the reveal either. This way, the writers don't have to consider another subplot among subplots in this game regarding how to deal with Maya's relation with the Fey clan. They can just say she went overseas to further enhance her spiritual training, and whatever comes of it will be exciting all the same.

Besides, this clan always seems to do just fine in autonomy, so the presence or absence of a "Master" wouldn't matter that much. I wonder how Maya herself views her position; as an actual leader or just as a figurehead. If it's the latter, she's in no rush to complete her training. I hope they address this question at some point.

The cape is self-fluttering

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

If corpses start reminding Maya of food, then we have more to worry about than poor character portrayal.

Seriously, though? I'm always a little worried about returning characters whenever Yamazaki is involved, for basically all the reasons you listed (even for parts of AAI, I'd say Edgey was hit-or-miss). But I'll give them a chance... while crossing the hell out of my fingers.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
then we have a weird case for Phoenix in that he seems like his Apollo justice self outside of court but when you play as him he reverts to his trilogy self

That was a time when I actually thought they did a really good job (keep in mind this is from someone who prefers AJ Phoenix and started the series with that version of the character). Having Phoenix be calm and collected the whole time in court would be boring in regards to the over-the-top facial animations that would be lost - it would be strange having multiple variations on the same serious face for shocked, angry, confused, etc. But having him revert to his OT personality for all of it would be awful. So they went the most realistic route, which is that to others - from the perspectives of Athena, Apollo, etc. he is the same collected and dry personality he was in AJ. (Albeit much happier, which does play a role. In AJ I think part of Phoenix's ultra sarcastic personality and seeming carefree attitude was really just coping for what must have been extreme chronic depression after he lost his badge. I remember at the end of AJ, when Phoenix talks about how he's the only one who knows how Trucy really fells, I wondered if perhaps that went both ways. No doubt Trucy was an immense source of joy for him, but no doubt losing his badge and the subsequent public/financial/existential problems that came with it made him a sadder and more cynical man on the inside. At first Phoenix's portrayal in DD - which even publically is much less snarky and more helpful - bothered me a bit until I remebered all this and realized that a great weight was finally lifted off of his shoulders.)

When you control him, you get to hear his inner monologue, and that's when he seems more like the OT. But the thing is, of course he is - it's in his own head. All the times when he was playing mysterious calm lunatic in AJ I'm sure he was thinking aloud in the same way he always has. Coupled with the happier outlook I talked about above and I think it makes perfect sense for him to have two "personas" depending on if you're in his head or if you aren't.

As for the court animations, which are indeed more over the top than they should be, are we supposed to take those literally? I've always considered them a way to exaggerate the emotions of the characters, so when Phoenix starts sweating or knocks his head back in surprise, I don't think of him as actually doing that the same way I don't think Kristoph is literally levitating Borsht, Athena is literally breaking into tears at the very mention of something sad, or Engarde is literally clawing his face off. From that perspective, Phoenix's court animations are fine because they're just the projection of what's in his head. But I might be reading this in a different way than most.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The cape is self-fluttering

I don't think the issue was that Phoenix's court self resembled his OT court self. There should still be traces of that, but in DD it's like they literally transported him back in time. I could be wrong, but it seemed even AJ's flashback case had less "freak-out animations" than any case in DD where Phoenix was behind the bench.

This is more than just the animations, though. I don't mind Phoenix keeping it cool in front of his subordinates and then having some struggles returning to court after seven years...but it's like they didn't know how to work with that. Even Edgeworth in 5-5 makes the comment about how green Phoenix still is...which IMO makes it worse, because he really is that way in court. At one point, Phoenix consoles Apollo about how the the way Simon is presenting the prosecution's case, when ten minutes earlier, Phoenix is freaking out about the exact same thing with Edgeworth. There's a disconnect there. I don't think he should be AJ Phoenix 100% of the time, nor do I think he should be OT Phoenix 100% of the time. But as the leader in his group, he shouldn't be fumbling and bumbling in court more times than he's focused and effective.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Jean Descole wrote:
I don't think the issue was that Phoenix's court self resembled his OT court self. There should still be traces of that, but in DD it's like they literally transported him back in time. I could be wrong, but it seemed even AJ's flashback case had less "freak-out animations" than any case in DD where Phoenix was behind the bench.

Phoenix's characterization in AJ's flashback was a little weird, though. They tried too hard to insist that he was already a full-fledged attorney and it didn't really work very well considering that the case happens not long after T&T. The way he talks about 'experience' sounds like he's been a lawyer for 30 years, rather than 3.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I have a feeling that for Niwakas' testimony, they might be able to make the words on time with him playing the damaran (Hell, they have to.) For example, the phrase "ボクトだけなのさ〜" (Bokuto dakena no sa~) could be something like "Only could have been (Insert localized name here, they'd have to change it in order for the pun to make sense to a western audience)".

For no reason in particular, I think he should be called Tory Guido. I mean, it's only fair, right?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Or "Tory Gaidhi", to make it sound more Sanskrit. And Mima could be "Trey Shughad".

So on April 6th there will be another AA6 stream on Capcom TV. My guess is they'll finally give us a closer look on case 2, hopefully revealing Trucy and the detective (please be Ema).

Prosecutor

Lusankya wrote:

So on April 6th there will be another AA6 stream on Capcom TV. My guess is they'll finally give us a closer look on case 2, hopefully revealing Trucy and the detective (please be Ema).

What time?

Athena Internet Defense Force

I love the news schedule of this game. It feels so timely and keeps the hype alive.

Mia Payne

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
I love the news schedule of this game. It feels so timely and keeps the hype alive.

Wish we could say the same about Capcom USA

iKiwed wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

What time?

20:00 JST, that's UTC+09:00.
So for example 13:00 in Central Europe (UTC+02:00 during summer) and 07:00 at the US East Coast (UTC -04:00 during summer).

Last edited by Lusankya on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Blizdi wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

Wish we could say the same about Capcom USA

Meh, let 'em stay quiet, I'm having fun.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Thought I'd explain the options menu because no one else probably did:
You can change the music and sound effects volume, along with an option to how you want to skip the text, similar to the iOS version. Anime subtitles, the Consult feature, and screen shake can also be toggled.

Ready for action!

At first I was really excited about this game but then my excitement turned to concern. It feels like this is going to be "Maya the Game: Featuring Phoenix Wright. And some other guys." All I see is Maya Maya and more Maya...it's like she's the only thing the series has. What about the other characters? I don't really think there's going to be a lot with this "dual protags" thing. Apollo will get a single case while Maya (Ft. Phoenix) gets 3 or 4. I'd like to be proven wrong of course, but I don't hve hope. :ron:
Page 6 of 7 [ 264 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes