Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

Ace Attorney Trilogy HD released in JapanTopic%20Title

is a five star man.

Well, the time has finally come - an Ace Attorney game has been released on the new generation of consoles. Of course, the excitement of this occasion is dampened slightly for fans of the series, as this is the port of a trilogy that's already received five (or more, it's a lot to keep track of) ports and is playable on everything from your phone to your 3DS. But this at least looks to be the cleanest, most extensive port yet, and its availability on most modern platforms means that the reach of the trilogy now extends further than ever.

The PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch versions of this game launch today in Japan, with the Steam version to follow at a later date. An English release has been announced to come out sometime later this year (last minute update: the release date for the English language version will be announced next week), but if you can't wait, the game does have English language support.

It may not be the new Ace Attorney game we were all clamouring for, but hopefully it'll be a way to get new fans into the series, and a way for old fans to revisit the original trilogy.
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.
Re: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD released in JapanTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

This game really sounds unmissable, wow.

Memes aside though, it’s nice for the trilogy to get more widespread release. Hopefully this’ll get some more fans now.

OBJECTION!

So exciting! Can't wait to play through all these games again! I hope that they end up announcing a surprise western physical release, but I'll be buying it either way :cody-talk:

¡Protesto!

Can't wait to be dissapointed again with a digital only release, and no Spanish, even when the DS and Wii versions had that language.

Well now literally no one can say they're unable to play the the games if I recommend them so that's nice.

...unless they don't speak any language they're in I guess, like the above post mentioned. Maybe we'll get a nice surprise since this is meant to take the games to a wider audience and all?
Signature loading, please wait...

Ace Lurker

Downloaded from my Japanese Nintendo account, playing it now. It's looking really good.

I know most people are going to write this version off as yet another port of what we already had, but there's really more to it here. It isn't just another port of the iOS assets; all the characters have been redrawn and the backgrounds touched up. The animations are no longer missing frames like the 3DS version, and it uses the 3DS version's remastered soundtrack and updated script. I'm of the opinion that the original GBA/DS graphics look better, but I can tell they put a lot of effort into this version and it looks super clean. It's about as good as these games are ever going to get in HD without going with full 3D models. I would go as far as to say that this is the new definitive version of the original trilogy, and anyone who hasn't played them yet should start here.

Here's hoping they bring AA4, 5, and 6 to these platforms as well, just so newcomers can have them all in one place. (Though the mobile versions of those three games are stellar as-is.)

I just blue myself

Really hoping there are more language options when it has its western release. Very keen to replay the series in French :P
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Ace Lurker

Side note: The Switch version has full touch screen support! You can play it completely without a controller. Just nice to see it since a lot of games neglect the touch screen on Switch.

What's a Court Records?

As annoyed as I have gotten with how many times the trilogy's been ported, considering the games look so damn good now, I'm gonna have to get this at some point.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Art Person

Cesar Zero wrote:
Well now literally no one can say they're unable to play the the games if I recommend them so that's nice.

My response exactly XD

I hope AJ is next to be remade (and can be turned into 3D and released with DD and SoJ as another trilogy).
... but I can only dream, right?

What's a Court Records?

SuperAj3 wrote:
I hope AJ is next to be remade (and can be turned into 3D and released with DD and SoJ as another trilogy).
... but I can only dream, right?

I can only really imagine it looking like the 3DS port, but actually HD. Would be nice though, for consistency.
Why am I even here?

Bitter Old Man

It's confirmed to have full dual language then? This is great news! When Capcom announces digital only AGAIN in the west I can import this time since Switch is region free! I can't wait to finally own the HD Trilogy. Really hoping they do a Switch AJ HD and 5 and 6 bundle too. Be nice to have all 6 games on one platform.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

The Real Human Being

>Another fucking port

What's a Court Records?

To be fair, it's great the series is available on more systems now.
Why am I even here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes