Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

HD Remaster for Ace Attorney 4-6 AnnouncedTopic%20Title

Due to the large gap in time, as well as the bridge between the Nintendo DS and 3DS, not everyone viewed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney as an entry into a second trilogy the way the first three Phoenix Wright games are known for, but good news is here!

But given how often Capcom has re-released the Ace Attorney games with upscaled artwork and graphics, it isn't surprising that the three games are being ported in HD, as well as to this generation's consoles (Nintendo Switch, Steam, Playstation and Xbox).

After remastering and localizing The Great Ace Attorney, this announcement is not surprising.

In fact, this is the first time that this trilogy will include a language option for French, German, Korean, and Chinese, so it is the trilogy's first Worldwide localization!

Capcom is a little heavy on remakes and remasters, but there's always value as well as good business in taking the assets of their older works and making them look even nicer.

The Japanese and English trailers indicates that the interface and visual style will be similar to the previous HD remasters.

This title will be released in early 2024. :hair-flip:

Last edited by Honey Pie on Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Re: HD Remaster for Ace Attorney 4-6 AnnouncedTopic%20Title

The Mildly Bent Samurai

This post is written as though localization is unconfirmed, but the English release was announced at the same time as the Japanese one. It's being titled the Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy.

English trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4M9VfoAC68

迷探偵

Cool for people who need it on modern hardware, but I have the original games still (and hardware), so completely indifferent about this like I was with Ghost Trick, the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and the modern Trilogy release ^_~
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The real news that Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice will get additional translations into French, German, Korean, and Chinese, considering they were only available internationally in English only.

Will they get physical copies this time around? Don't know, but at least they will be available on more platforms, considering the closure of the 3DS shop.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I was just replaying Dual Destinies and SoJ on my Android device, to experience the "remastered" version, and this happens. IMHO Ace Attorney fans have been eating good in the last few years, but I imagine JP-fans are feeling hung out to dry with no new content for almost 5 years at all.

I'll have to wait and see what I'm in the mood for in 2024, but I got a wash of nostalgia seeing they're localizing to multiple EU and Asian languages for these old games because I remember the controversy around Dual Destinies's release that it was english-only. They're even adding french, german, italian etc. voice overs too. Super happy for fans who will finally be able to get their local version made.

I think the GUI looks inferior to the HD-port version, but honestly whatever. Just like AA123 multi-platform it looks decent and there'll be a chance that my favorite streamers play them and I get to see all the blind reactions again. Overall, this is all a great sign that they're trying to boost sales and franchise interest and maybe prep for a brand new game afterwards. I noticed, booting the Ghost Trick Demo that it's an RE-Engine port. I think that bodes well for future developments for these 2D/2D-3D games.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Feriku wrote:
This post is written as though localization is unconfirmed, but the English release was announced at the same time as the Japanese one. It's being titled the Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy.

English trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4M9VfoAC68

I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. I'll edit it!

OBJECTION!

I haven't played SoJ (AA6) yet and have all the original games - given how 5 and 6 were made for 3DS I wonder what a remaster can offer
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

I know it’s a bit late but I’m curious if Capcom may try to get the game rerated since Dual Destinies was the only game in the series that got an M rating and from what I recall multiple people didn’t believe that was necessary.

Is there any indication of whether the Japan exclusive costumes still exist? Ideally they would be in every release but realistically I could assume they are in none, but if they’re back but only for Japan that will influence whether I import or go for the localized physical release they just announced

You mean the Sengoku Basara costumes? As far as I can tell, they're not present in any version.
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes