Last visit was:
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Trace Memory 2: R, Gateway of Memory
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:06 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

I think the girl still looks a lot like Jenny, just checked the only picture I was able to find of her...

Spoiler:

Somewhat, after looking at Jenny's 'picture' from Hotel Dusk, the one in Another Code R do kinda look like her. But still... I wish I had found a better picture of her :yuusaku:

Edit:

I made this...

Spoiler:

Edit 2: Yeah, I know I'm not gonna make you believe anything with this crappy thing, I know... xD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:05 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

i just finished playing the game today and it was one of the greatest wii titles i ever played. i loved using the TAS it was a great idea to incorporate the wiimote to the story. my favorite part was seeing at elizabeth looking for princess with the connect feature.
Spoiler:
why did sayoko give the kolaidescope to ryan? i dont think she wanted him to open her box. also, is there gameplay differences when playing a second time? is it possible not to remember all of ashleys memories? because when i saw the credits and they showed all of the pictures with sayoko i didnt recognised some.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:38 am 
Suspect
Suspect

im finishing the game for the second time and i noticed some differences other than richard's timed messages and the complete soundtrack in the mp3 player mentioned before.
Spoiler:
the code to open matt's dad bag is different, dont know if its like hotel dusk but in my second time i got CAKE.
the number of times required to turn the keys in the clocktower are different.
when you go the top of the clocktower you see something on the lake...something wierd.
kelly's doll is changed to a ninja(maybe in the third game ashley will go to japan and meet her grandparents and in the second gamethrough she will met her ninja grandparents, lol).
the music box challenge is longer and decoding sofia's e-mail is different.
i still near the end, i wonder if there are different endings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

I'm a bit slow. I'm getting R for my birthday, which is in 22 days or so. Too bad school will have started up again, so I won't be able to play that much. :((
:payne:

Tell me, is it better and longer than the first game?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Yep, up to two, even three times longer than the original one. Something between 15-20h I guess, depends on you.
And yes, it's also twice, or even three times better than the original too :p

It"s really a great game :phoenix:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:31 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
L~A wrote:
Yep, up to two, even three times longer than the original one. Something between 15-20h I guess, depends on you.
And yes, it's also twice, or even three times better than the original too :p

It"s really a great game :phoenix:

You lucky lucky bastards I hate yooooouuuu ;_;

*bitchmoan*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 pm 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Custom Title: Peachy ~~
The post with the photos was linked to in the LJ community, and I just want to say that the man Louie is with is most likely Rosa's son. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:48 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

I just noticed than on NOE website, there was an interview with the people who translated Another Code: R in English and FIGS (French, Italian, German, Spanish).
We learn quite a few interesting things... like the game was first translated into English from Japanese, then from English to FIGS. It was the European localization team who did the translation. It took them about 3 months and a half to translate the game.
But it looks like they had quite an big team : 15 translators, and 60 playtesters! It seems to be much more than what they usually have for one game!

Well, just go here, and check the little yellow square! (There's also "great" interview about the development of the game! But to see the whole of it, you'll have to go to the Nintendo Channel, on your Wii -- yes, I know this vid was added quite a few months ago).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!
*raises hand* Can I ask a reallllllly stupid question?

Did this game ever get to America or no? I'm annoyed cuz I didn't really want to buy the game, I was hoping I could borrow/rent it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I'm less likely to replay a linear adventure game that's not in a portable system, so... yeah.

Anyway, if someone could finally answer this question for me, then I'd feel better. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:15 am 
Admin
Admin

Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
The game never made it to the states, so yes, it's an import title from Europe. But I highly recommend playing it. It might not be as epic as Hotel Dusk, but I do feel it was a much better title then either Trace Memory, GS2, or GS3.

The music is great, the characters are just as dynamic as Dusk's, and the game has a beautiful blend of fake cell shading and hand drawn art that really makes you feel like the world you're in is a real work of art. It's real quality stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:19 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:
The game never made it to the states, so yes, it's an import title from Europe.

Which is very weird, because the game was translated from Japanese to English, then from English to FIGS (French, Italian, German, Spanish) I love that acronym, it sounds so professional at the same time as the Jap > Eng were translating...
I don't think it would have cost much to release the game in the US, but wth...

Quote:
I do feel it was a much better title then either Trace Memory, GS2, or GS3.

For TM (you should call it Another Code now :p), it's normal AN:R is better, because I think they really made the first as a sort of prologue to the Wii game. And personally, I really feel Cing's games (well, maybe except Again, dunno yet) are (far?) superior to the AA games. But that's really a biased statement :p
Anyway, the game is really great Caelestis, so you really should consider buying it. However, you'll need to have someone send it to you, since it's almost impossible to find a place to buy it, and have it delivered to the US directly... And you'll have to hack your Wii if it's not a European model.

Quote:
The music is awesome, the characters are just as dynamic and believable as Dusk's, and the game has a wonderful blend of fake cell shading and hand drawn art that really makes you feel like the world you're in is a real masterpiece. It's very-high quality awesomeness.

Fixed that for ya. :)
(Ok, that's really biased, I have to admit :p)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:56 pm 
Admin
Admin

L~A wrote:
For TM (you should call it Another Code now :p),

Yeah, I ''should", particularly since I know it's called Another Code in Japan, and in Europe; but I've always had a stubborn streak when it comes to names. Some of my friends changed their usernames to other things, but I'll still call them by what I was introduced to them by. Besides, in this case, it's like the EarthBound / Mother 2 case. Both names mean something to people, at least in the states. But I see where you're coming from in France where it's always been "Another Code"; it's what's natural. (Although, I do have some trouble understanding the 'real name'. I mean, "Another"? That's an adjective, not something I'd generally associate as a name. Maybe if the game was called "Another Memory", it might've been better in my mind. Trace while a semi-dumb name as well, is a verb, which is a bit more fitting for a device e.g. 'Print'er, 'Compute'r). But whatever.

Quote:
it's normal AN:R is better, because I think they really made the first as a sort of prologue to the Wii game. And personally, I really feel Cing's games (well, maybe except Again, dunno yet) are (far?) superior to the AA games. But that's really a biased statement :p

Mm, Trace Memory was more like a a tech demo at the time, a really outstanding tech demo at that. I was really impressed that CiNG made a really full fledged sequel to what was a complete story, as GS1 was. GS2 and GS3 had a lot of problems trying to be a sequel; Another Code: R did its job very fluidly, and left plenty of room for Matt's sequel. Although it looks like we may never have that story. :larry:

Quote:
Anyway, the game is really great Caelestis, so you really should consider buying it. However, you'll need to have someone send it to you, since it's almost impossible to find a place to buy it, and have it delivered to the US directly... And you'll have to hack your Wii if it's not a European model.

Just my two cents, but the whole process is totally worth it.

Quote:
Quote:
The music is awesome, the characters are just as dynamic and believable as Dusk's, and the game has a wonderful blend of fake cell shading and hand drawn art that really makes you feel like the world you're in is a real masterpiece. It's very-high quality awesomeness.

Fixed that for ya. :)
(Ok, that's really biased, I have to admit :p)

But is it biased if it's totally true? XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:28 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Quote:
Yeah, I ''should", particularly since I know it's called Another Code in Japan, and in Europe; but I've always had a stubborn streak when it comes to names. Some of my friends changed their usernames to other things, but I'll still call them by what I was introduced to them by. Besides, in this case, it's like the EarthBound / Mother 2 case. Both names mean something to people, at least in the states. But I see where you're coming from in France where it's always been "Another Code"; it's what's natural. (Although, I do have some trouble understanding the 'real name'. I mean, "Another"? That's an adjective, not something I'd generally associate as a name. Maybe if the game was called "Another Memory", it might've been better in my mind. Trace while a semi-dumb name as well, is a verb, which is a bit more fitting for a device e.g. 'Print'er, 'Compute'r). But whatever.

Yeah, I was just teasing you :)
I know it's sometimes hard to start calling a game by another name, I mean, look at people when AAI name was revealed :D
Though, I've always wondered why they changed the name of Another Code in the US, but kept it in Europe (especially since I'm sure the game was translated from English in Europe). If they had changed all occurences of 'Another Code' into 'Trace Memory', I would have understood, but since it's not the case (wouldn't make much sense, I agree), I don't understand.

You sure Trace Memory is refering to the same thing as Another Code?

Quote:
Although it looks like we may never have that story. :larry:

Please, don't remind me :larry:
Another Code: R was the game that convinced to buy a Wii, though I can't play it but during summer (having no TV where I'm living right now, for my studies). Would never have bought one if this game hadn't been here at the right moment to convince me.
This game would to totally make buy the Wii/3DS the day it would be released.

God, now I'm beginning to imagine what awesome stuff Cing would do with the 3DS functionalities... ;__;

Last edited by L~A on Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am 
Admin
Admin

Well, the memory device is called Trace in the states, as opposed to Another, and we have the DTS as opposed to the DAS. The only thing that's not immediately obvious is Memory vs Code.

And yes, given what CiNG's done with the DS and Wii, they'd have a field day with the new features. =(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:10 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:
Well, the memory device is called Trace in the states, as opposed to Another, and we have the DTS as opposed to the DAS. The only thing that's not immediately obvious is Memory vs Code.

Guess the US name makes more sense than the Japanese/European one. For once :p
Though, I still find that Another Code sounds better than Trace Memory... AC sounds so mysterious and 'poetic', whereas TM sounds... well, cold and very scientific. That's my opinion, though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:50 pm 
Admin
Admin

You know, for some reason this conversation is encouraging me to see if I can't create 'Trace Memory: R'; play around with the script and images, replace instances of 'Another' with Trace, undummy Ashley's old costume. Maybe play havoc with the script and use some of the old music.

Obviously I can't do that anytime soon, but... I am getting encouraged based upon what I've been able to uncover and play with.

But first, I wanna see if I can't find the raw texture for the Hotel Dusk photographs. That's going to be real hard to find.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:04 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Not sure about the old costume... I really prefer the new one over TM's one a great deal more...
Well, anyway good luck in your mutilating the game's script.
And I'm really looking forward to seeing the HD photographs from very close... this way, we'll finally see who's who in those pictures, and you'll be internationally known as THE man who uncovered the truth :)
Good luck finding them!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:29 pm 
Admin
Admin

You know, I just realized something. Giving Ashley her old shirt would be an impossibility, if we were to be purist about it. Old Ashley wore a T-Shirt. New Ashley wears two tank-tops. There's a lot less shirt to work with.

And I'll do my best!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6