Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

GS5 Artwork?Topic%20Title

My Soul ★ Your Beats

Just a thought here... but Kenji is already scheduled for release and an embargo has been sneaked at... which leaves me to think...

How come we haven't seen any new art/box art/logo etc for GS5? The confirmation of the new game was practically a year ago. Just something that had me thinking.
~Self Proclaimed, Number #1 Fan of Apollo Justice and Hobohodo <3~
Re: GS5 Artwork?Topic%20Title

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

They're probably working on it now that GK's probably finished.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

nuuuuu, stoooooop

It's not good business to advertise a new game when you already have one from the same franchise awaiting release. It was almost a year between the release of GS4 and the official announcement of Kenji. They have to space games out so they have time to hook the audience, make sales, and market merchandise, otherwise you risk over saturiating your market.

GS5 was never officially announced. One of Capcom's bigwigs simply said they would definitely continue the franchise because at the time it was selling like crazy. That's not the same as a game being "announced."

I think it will still be a long while before we have real news about GS5, but at least Kenji is on its way here sooner than some of us thought~
ImageImage

OBJECTION!

I'm thinking we will hear the "news" about GS5 at E3 in June or something.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

I don't think so, since GK will only be released a few days before E3 (and thus, it was announced a few days ago that the game wouldn't be present at E3, but it was before you posted your message so...). And announcing another game just after the previous one has been released is a really bad thing in my opinion.

Personally, I don't think we'll see anything of the game before 2010, and that it will be released, in the better case, at the end of 2011 (something like the end of October-November would be nice...).
Why ? Because I don't believe they've started developing the game yet. And what's more, 2011 would be a good opportunity, since it would be the 10 years anniversary of the franchise. But I'd prefer them not to rush it, and only release it in 2012. That would be the best in my opinion :garyuu:

But of course, I don't work at Capcom, so I can't possibly know anything :yogi:
ImageImageImage

OBJECTION!

10 years? Hmmm didnt think of that.
IMO GS5 is being worked on now, but isnt far in development. I noticed T&T has a 2007 copyright date on it (well, 2003, 2007). AJ has a 2007 date on it. So maybe AJ was being worked on at roughly the same time as T&T or shortly after?
2010/2011 for a release sounds right.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

Well, the DS version.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

grim_tales wrote:
I noticed T&T has a 2007 copyright date on it (well, 2003, 2007). AJ has a 2007 date on it. So maybe AJ was being worked on at roughly the same time as T&T or shortly after?
2010/2011 for a release sounds right.

All the PW games were originally made for the GBA. They later switched the game over to the DS and that's why all of the PW games have 2 different years on them.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps