Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 4 of 6[ 208 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Could the new Prosecutor be a familiar face...?Topic%20Title

unnecessary...feelings.

I want to believe. I want to believe so badly.

My crack theory of choice is that Larry has invested in a wig and taken up falconry as his new profession. Or maybe that it's angel!Gregory, who has inexplicably become a prosecutor. To protect myself from the inevitable heartbreak that will come when the prosecutor is announced as a completely new character with no meaningful connection to the rest of the series, I will steadfastly believe in these two theories until more information is forthcoming.
"A romanticist who could never shed that veneer of amateurism."

Can I just say one little thing?

It would be very interesting and shocking if it's :odoroki: went eagle. But...a character with a bird theme, haven't they done that with Kay? Just my thoughts, but maybe the feather isn't related to silhouette but a case? :/
:maya: "Hey, a ladder!"
:phoenix: "That's a stepladder."
:maya: "So? They're the same thing, Nick! You should stop basing your opinions on narrow-minded cultural assumptions!"
:nick: "..."
:objection:

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

I'm gonna put a big big "Too good to be true" label on this.

If it were to be true, it would be an awesome way to redeem Apollo for the horrible way he was treated. And it would once and for all make Apollo fans stop seeing him as GS4's protagonista: it may have been the original intention, but once Phoenix walked in, the game became "Phoenix Wright 4 With A Filler Case". Capcom never wanted Phoenix to stop being the main character. Even though Takumi didn't want it that way, Phoenix will always be the main character.

But that doesn't mean Apollo should just vanish. And an appearance as a secondary character (less relevant than a newly introduced assistant, even) would be a punch to the fans' guts.

Yet your theory, Neni, would make it all work. As I said, in a big "Too good to be true" way. I swear to God, if you guessed it, I'm going to bake you a mod-cookie and send it over to Austria. At your expense, of course >:)

To be honest, I think it'd be a bit cheesy if Polly were the prosecutor. I think he was meant to be on Nick's side.
I think it would be best if the prosecutor is a brand new character but one who causes old cases and characters to be brought up.
To me, Phoenix will always be the protagonist, and truthfully, I'm not too bothered whether Polly shows up or not. That being said, perhaps if his character was developed more as an assistant or suspect, he could become more interesting. That would be cool!
I'm so happy Phoenix is the protagonist of GS5 but it would be awesome for Polly's fans to see him appear! :odoroki:

I honestly don't care as much for Apollo returning as I do for Trucy returning. She's a very big part of Phoenix's life now, and denying that would not only spit the series in the face, but also be an insult to every adoptive parent anywhere ever.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Yeah, I think Trucy should appear. Phoenix would never stop being her adoptive father. That being said, if she's not in it, she could be with her mother or Polly. Plus she'd be 16 at the time of GS5 so she could even be living by herself, but I don't think Nick would let that happen.

I don't think Trucy and her mother were in contact at the end of AJ.

Gettin' Old!

Real Anime Law wrote:
I don't think Trucy and her mother were in contact at the end of AJ.

She didn't

Spoiler: AJ ending
Thalassa wasn't ready to face her children yet and so made Phoenix promise to tell them their connection when he thought they were ready or something like that

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I know they weren't in contact at the end of GS4 but I thought, as GS5 is set a year later, they might be by then. I was just thinking, if Trucy isn't in GS5, where is she? But, I think Trucy would stay close to Nick even when she finds out about her mother.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Really? Even as a wild guess, no one has yet offered that it could be Godot in a wintry coat and scarf? Yes, I know that would just be awkward and repetitive that he's returned as a prosecutor again, given his situation by the end of T&T. Yet, we can't completely rule out the possibility that he was simply imprisoned for 7 or 8 years and is now free to roam again. It was never confirmed whether or not he had died after T&T. And it makes sense that no one brought him up during Phoenix's missing 7 years because he was presumed to be in prison.

Now, why would he want to become a prosecutor again after such a long time of absence? Hadn't he had enough of his battles with Nick? Well, Edgeworth took a year off to realize what it meant to be a prosecutor. While Godot isn't nearly as indecisive as Edgey is, Godot has had 8 years to consider how he wants to continue living his life. Why not return to being a prosecutor? Despite the crime he was convicted of those years ago, he's still well-respected in the law community. And facing this new dark age of law can inspire people to resume fighting for the golden truth. Besides, I hear prosecutors are rather well paid and have plenty of influence around the city, such that allows them access to classified info whenever necessary. Then, he'd become a powerful ally on par with Edgey, which is very welcome.

Although I still believe that the last line in the trailer was said by the narrating main character, I can't deny that it could've been said by that silhouetted figure. And Godot fits the description perfectly, if we look at the silhouette from behind. If we're looking for new character designs, we can't rule out new designs for old characters.

Edit: Though a second look at the silhouette does bring up some doubt. Oh, well, the possibility still exists.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Yet, we can't completely rule out the possibility that he was simply imprisoned for 7 or 8 years and is now free to roam again. It was never confirmed whether or not he had died after T&T.

Well, you could go with the symbolism some people say.
You know, how "Laurice" and his portrait had the gang at the bottom and the dead people at the top.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Yet, we can't completely rule out the possibility that he was simply imprisoned for 7 or 8 years and is now free to roam again. It was never confirmed whether or not he had died after T&T.

Well, you could go with the symbolism some people say.
You know, how "Laurice" and his portrait had the gang at the bottom and the dead people at the top.

C-A

Yeah, cept the down bit of the painting isn't just 'surviving cast members' it's a literal painting of people there at the time. At the same point in time Godot was probably being shuffled off to jail by bailiffs.

How else would such a central character appear in an ending image, he certainly couldn't be present in the lobby picture.

Sorry I just dislike the symbolism argument.
I like to keep things neutral for AA since we're a contentious fandom but a few things bother me, really hope Godot is alive, if only because Ceres' Future!Godot design looks amazing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Quote:
Sorry I just dislike the symbolism argument.

That's fine.
I don't go for it, either, I never thought of any symbolism at that point myself. I thought, heck, maybe he was put in cause he was important in this game and no other reason.

But I really don't see why Godot would re-appear.
His story is basically over - he learned that he disliked Phoenix for the wrong reasons and that, whatever he did or does, won't bring back Mia to him or somehow get revenge on Dahlia.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
But I really don't see why Godot would re-appear.
His story is basically over - he learned that he disliked Phoenix for the wrong reasons and that, whatever he did or does, won't bring back Mia to him or somehow get revenge on Dahlia.

C-A

We thought Phoenix's story was over then too. Guess who's back? It's more likely that the plot of GS5 will circle around Kokone more than him, but then why not make her the main character instead? Capcom isn't making sense again. I know that's no excuse for me to join in, but you know that feeling that comes when you least expect it? Yeah.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
We thought Phoenix's story was over then too. Guess who's back? It's more likely that the plot of GS5 will circle around Kokone more than him, but then why not make her the main character instead? Capcom isn't making sense again. I know that's no excuse for me to join in, but you know that feeling that comes when you least expect it? Yeah.

One word: Fanservice. Fans would have raged if Kokone was the protagonist simply because she's not Phoenix. The stories rarely revolve around the main character and often focus on their sidekicks. GS1 focused more on Edgeworth more than Phoenix. GS3 focused on the Feys more than Phoenix. Look at frigging GS4, it was all about Phoenix whereas Apollo was left in the corner.

If Godot isn't dead, I doubt he's free to wander around. He didn't commit justified self-defense; he should be in prison for at least ten years. There isn't even that much demand for Godot as Edgeworth, Maya, etc.

Last edited by Auburnsun on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, it might sound harsh and I don't want to offend Godot-Fans...
But he flat out has no reason to be in GS anymore.
He's over and done with, whether he's alive, rotting in prison, committed suicide or was hanged.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
He's over and done with, whether he's alive, rotting in prison, committed suicide or was hanged.

C-A

I completely agree. There isn't much more you can do with his character. (Moreso than Phoenix and Edgeworth.) Even if he was alive, he didn't really have much of a relationship with Nick in the first place. Having him appear after the seven year gap would feel random and inappropriate. Having him as the main prosecutor of all roles would be a huge waste, imo.

Now back to Neni's theory, if Apollo really was the bomber's intended target, that would probably severely traumatize him possibly to the extent that he changed his occupation. The bomber did have an immense hatred towards defense attorneys.

Auburnsun wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I completely agree. There isn't much more you can do with his character. (Moreso than Phoenix and Edgeworth.) Even if he was alive, he didn't really have much of a relationship with Nick in the first place. Having him appear after the seven year gap would feel random and inappropriate. Having him as the main prosecutor of all roles would be a huge waste, imo.

Now back to Neni's theory, if Apollo really was the bomber's intended target, that would probably severely traumatize him possibly to the extent that he changed his occupation. The bomber did have an immense hatred towards defense attorneys.

Woah, woah, woah! When did we decide that anyone involved in this discussion was the bomber's target?! (might have missed that, so this is an honest question.)
--------------

What did he do this time...?

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Too many people don't understand this. Godot was in a great game, was a terrific character, and will not ever be in a game again.
It be would be fanservice to the extreme and it would ruin him most likely if he returned.
Quote:
And Godot fits the description perfectly, if we look at the silhouette from behind.

Nice deduction. Too bad it's not true though. :godot:
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Auburnsun wrote:

As silly as my suggestion sounded, I can't wrap my head around this. Apollo may be easily excitable, but he ain't a coward.

Derper

If it's really a returning character I think the prosecutor might be Yuhimiko. A lot of things can happen in nearly a decade and if this is the rival prosecutor in this screenshot:

Spoiler:

Then he'd have the same style of clothing as Yuhimiko.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Spoiler: 3-5
Auburnsun wrote:
If Godot isn't dead, I doubt he's free to wander around. He didn't commit justified self-defense; he should be in prison for at least ten years.

Being in for seven years makes a decent amount of sense if he was convicted of voluntary manslaughter (killing someone in a heat of passion right after a very strong provocation).

It's pretty clear from Iris' acquittal for murder that the courts don't think he and Iris conspired together in a plan to murder Misty, since that would make Godot and Iris both guilty of first-degree murder (in the same way that April and Morgan are).

Real Anime Law wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5
Auburnsun wrote:
If Godot isn't dead, I doubt he's free to wander around. He didn't commit justified self-defense; he should be in prison for at least ten years.

Being in for seven years makes a decent amount of sense if he was convicted of voluntary manslaughter (killing someone in a heat of passion right after a very strong provocation).

It's pretty clear from Iris' acquittal for murder that the courts don't think he and Iris conspired together in a plan to murder Misty, since that would make Godot and Iris both guilty of first-degree murder (in the same way that April and Morgan are).

It was not voluntary manslaughter.
It was downright murder, he placed himself at the correct time and place, waiting for that person to show up and was ready to do anything to stop them. And that involved hurting/killing them. He basically planned (or, at least, willingly took the risk) that attack.

C-A

Does anyone think that the new prosecutor could be opposed to the jury system?

Real Anime Law wrote:
Does anyone think that the new prosecutor could be opposed to the jury system?

While that isn't impossible, it's unlikely. If anything, the new prosecutor could use the jury system to his/her full advantage. If he/she does use illegal means of manipulation, it can become a recurring theme throughout this game. "Just how reliable can members of the common public be in a court of law?" Then, it'd be up to the lawyers at those benches to prove one way or another. And if the antagonist prosecutor plays his cards well enough, he/she could just as easily convince a group as the judge.

On that note, it's possible the same prosecutor that uses these tactics purposely does so for the sake of opposing the jury system, as if to make a statement. I can understand; it was easier to convince the ficklest judge ever without it. Naturally, it'll be up to the defense to prove the stability of the jury system. On the other hand, it's just as possible that the new prosecutor supports the jury system because he's not actually a prick. Then the conflict in the story resides in questioning the justness of the law. In fact, despite this game being about lawyers, the law itself isn't brought all that much into discussion because there's so few questions about it. Maybe it's time for a revolutionary case.

It doesn't really make sense if the game makes the jury system out to be a bad thing, though. Nick tried really hard in AJ to implement the system, so he would look like a huge hypocrite if he suddenly opposed it. It makes a lot more sense for the Prosecution to be against it rather than the Defense.

Speaking of the prosecutor, I don't think he will be corrupt if his line is anything to go by.

Last edited by Auburnsun on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think "opposing jury system" and "corrupt" are correlated that much. I do find it unlikely that they'll be illegally manipulating jurors. But Edgeworth in 2-4 was still able to be a big jerk without being corrupt. So was Mikagami in GK2.

I sense a slight level of confusion here. "Questioning the law" doesn't equate putting the jury system under fire. It equates resisting the darkness in the law, which is pretty much what GS5 is going to base its overlying theme on. It's hard to say who said that last line in the trailer, but that summarizes the game very well. And given this coming "dark age of law", it's very likely that not only the baseline judicial system, but also the newly implemented jury system could be corrupted somehow. Naturally, someone - be it prosecutor, judge, witness, defendant, or rival defense attorney - will come to oppose it, for that specific reason. All I'm hoping for now is a case that goes beyond the unexpected and into the profound.

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

I'm hearing (more like reading) this theory a lot since they showed the trailer. I confess I tought the siluette resembled Polly a little when I saw it at first.

I have encountered this theories so far:

+Apollo got mad at Phoenix about the things he did to him on GS4 and became a prosecutor.
+Polly is more like how Klavier was on GS4, a friendly prosecutor that is more helpfull for the defense. Some say Apollo discovered the world needed more prosecutors heading for the truth, an that he was more helpfull to phoenix that way.
+Apollo became a prosecutor looking for clues about who was his father (maybe it really was Gant all along.
+That siluette is not even the rival/prosecutor, they just wanted to hid apollo's involvement in the plot.

Also, some people had pointed out that the feather is not from an eagle, but from a hawk. They explained that hawks are related to both the god Apollo and the Yagatarasu (the three are sun gods). So maybe Apollo became a prosecutor to be the replacement to Byrne Faraday in the new Yagatarasu?
Maybe Kay, Trucy, Ema, or even Kokone are involved too.

Apollo must be really smart to pass the prosecutors bar exam.

OBJECTION!

I think IF Apollo was on the prosecution side, he would be a good, friendly prosecutor like Klavier.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I don't think the idea of Apollo getting mad at Phoenix and switching sides really works, because Apollo didn't ever seem to be actually upset about Phoenix's actions. At most he was angry for 5 minutes and then got over it.

However, if he has some reason to go over, either because he's had an edgeworth-like revelation guilty suspects or has personal reasons it could possibly work. Apollo's story could be the reason the main conflict occurs, and maybe somehow makes Phoenix get back in the law game.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

State Alchemist

ADA McCoy wrote:
I don't think the idea of Apollo getting mad at Phoenix and switching sides really works, because Apollo didn't ever seem to be actually upset about Phoenix's actions. At most he was angry for 5 minutes and then got over it.

I think this http://m.fanfiction.net/s/8936853/1/ offers a great explanation as to how Apollo could get mad enough at Phoenix to quit his defense attorney position.

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

That's plausible, but more like "on character" fic material than the game.

Spoiler:
And it would be a dick move to get angry at a person who had amnesia for not remembering you.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Apollo's story could be the reason the main conflict occurs, and maybe somehow makes Phoenix get back in the law game.

Re-reading this makes me think back to my latest replays of GS4. And I have to draw the same conclusion as I did the first time through: Takumi had some great ideas that never made it in. It's not to say that the game is of lesser quality than previous games, but that it may have been rushed too much. Apollo as a character is so much shallower than Phoenix had been in his first game, back in the 2001 version. What Apollo could have been was dropped in favor of expanding more on Phoenix's story, but it ended up like a sort of compromise that explains in little detail.

That suggests that Apollo will definitely not be a focus in GS5. He may be a major character, but Kokone has him beat in the likely scenario of someone other than Phoenix stealing the spotlight. After all, with every new assistant, there's a big story that circles around her. Case in point: Turnabout Countdown. Kokone's childhood friend is charged with destruction of judicial property. Naturally, it's Kokone who draws Phoenix onto the case (though whether it's because of her that he returned to court is something yet to be seen). Now we just need to figure out how Kokone and Phoenix met in the first place. Obvious flashback case practically already included.

I really do hope that Apollo and Trucy aren't simply left on the side. If GS5 includes major recurring characters from the original trilogy, that's absolutely splendiferous. But that will consequently draw some attention away from their development, since they're no longer the main protagonists. Regardless, the two of them have enough hype going around since Jump Festa. If Capcom's going for fanservice, they'd better be prepared with good reasons.

Excuse me if I've gone into a rant. All this waiting for news leaves me with too much thought.

State Alchemist

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
He may be a major character, but Kokone has him beat in the likely scenario of someone other than Phoenix stealing the spotlight.

There could be a way to fit in Apollo's character development while also introducing Kokone.

If he is the prosecutor, I picture that GS5 could be structured similarly to the first game. 5-2 could introduce Kokone's backstory and develop her as a character while introducing the "New Demon Prosecutor" as an old friend of Phoenix's. 5-4, possibly the last case, could have Apollo as a client, which could open an opportunity to elaborate on Apollo's backstory, develop his character, and explain the reason why Phoenix came back to law, to help him and to fulfill the promise he made to Thalassa.

Gnobo wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
He may be a major character, but Kokone has him beat in the likely scenario of someone other than Phoenix stealing the spotlight.

There could be a way to fit in Apollo's character development while also introducing Kokone.

If he is the prosecutor, I picture that GS5 could be structured similarly to the first game. 5-2 could introduce Kokone's backstory and develop her as a character while introducing the "New Demon Prosecutor" as an old friend of Phoenix's. 5-4, possibly the last case, could have Apollo as a client, which could open an opportunity to elaborate on Apollo's backstory, develop his character, and explain the reason why Phoenix came back to law, to help him and to fulfill the promise he made to Thalassa.

Although I like making parallels to the first game, this may be going a bit overboard. "Apollo Justice, Demon Prosecutor" doesn't sound right at all. However, we can play the familiarity card with the new prosecutor. Perhaps it is someone Phoenix has known, but the audience has yet to know. It could be someone Kokone knows instead, and she gets to introduce him. Or it could be someone who's been on their trail for a while and only introduces him/herself now because Phoenix had been out of court for almost 8 years. But I am certain that it's not any previously known attorney.

I agree that I'd like to see Apollo as a client; opens up so many ideas. I would NOT like to see him acting like Edgeworth, nor imitating his "revival". unless Apollo gains a new kickass theme about it in a later game The fact that he was an orphan already distinguishes his backstory, and something happened that convinced him to become a defense attorney. It makes sense that Phoenix would return to law if Apollo ends up becoming a suspect. He'd likely also return to law if Kokone had been a former client / related to an old case of his before she attended law school. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but she seems really suspicious with how she suddenly joins him in court one day. Bonus points for if that old case relates to Apollo somehow.

Finally, regarding Phoenix's promise to Thalassa, isn't it as simple as looking out for her kids? He's always doing that anyway. And he's obviously in no rush to tell them that they're actually siblings. It might as well be during the game's credits; wouldn't make a difference when it's mentioned. All in all, it'd be great if Thalassa comes to meet Maya and Pearl at some point. then Pearl would be all the more insistent about getting Maya and Nick together

State Alchemist

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
"Apollo Justice, Demon Prosecutor" doesn't sound right at all.

Now that I think about, yeah, it does make Apollo sound a little too threatening. I guess all I want is, whether Apollo is the prosecutor or not, for this prosecutor to be somewhat of a threat to Phoenix. I really don't want another Klavier. There just wasn't much personal connection or conflict between him and Apollo in GS4.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
It could be someone Kokone knows instead, and she gets to introduce him

This actually gave me a new idea about the game's structure. What if all the GS1 parallels involved Kokone instead of Phoenix?

Think about it, we already know at least one parallel. Kokone's first case involves one of her childhood friends who has overreactive tendencies. Sound familiar? :larry: Also the prosecutor is Winston Payne('s brother). During one of the live streams of the game, I think Kokone even calls Nick "chief" on one occaision. They better not kill off Nick during the second case

Maybe this new prosecutor could be an "Edgeworth" type person related to Kokone, and maybe he's the reason why she went into law and joined Wright & Co. in the first place.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
it'd be great if Thalassa comes to meet Maya and Pearl at some point. then Pearl would be all the more insistent about getting Maya and Nick together

Agreed!

I'd love to see Maya and Pearls show up in the GS story again! *cough*andmaybePxMcouldfinallybeofficial*cough*

Gnobo wrote:
During one of the live streams of the game, I think Kokone even calls Nick "chief" on one occaision. They better not kill off Nick during the second case
I pointed that one out in the Ideas thread some time ago, too. Allong with the fact that she also calls him "Mr. Wright" for most of the time instead of something more informal (Nick) suggests that, maybe, Phoenix will be her "Mia", except without the getting killed off part, obviously. (hopefully.)
I think it's facinating that Phoenix is now going to have his own student. And that als explained how she could show up next to him in court so suddenly - though it still doesn't explain why she's there in the first place.
--------------

beterbomen wrote:
I think it's facinating that Phoenix is now going to have his own student. And that als explained how she could show up next to him in court so suddenly - though it still doesn't explain why she's there in the first place.

It's strange when you think about it. In a game series that runs on the same timeline, including a major time skip and keeping the same older protagonist is a riskier proposition than shifting the viewpoint to a new character that has much more room to build around. Capcom could have made a new game on Kokone herself, keeping Phoenix as her mentor figure, and tied Apollo's story into hers in some way (if applicable). Instead, they returned Phoenix his character slot and added Kokone as a means to connect him to her story. It's a good excuse to bring back recurring characters since Phoenix's story arc, but other than that, I don't see why they took this route.

...Unless GS5 doesn't actually revolve around Kokone. Then, it becomes a confusing issue regarding her "apprenticeship" under Phoenix. I definitely don't want to see her become someone who is just there because she's the replacement for Maya. And since she's an official defense attorney herself, she could easily stand in court as Phoenix can, so Capcom can't pull the "Ema" card.

Thus, Phoenix's new rival prosecutor ought to be someone who somehow relates to both him and Kokone - and the latter requirement suggests that the new prosecutor is a new face.

...Yet, I can't help but believe Franziska has gotten an apprentice of her own, and a new kind of rivalry could take place between her and Phoenix. It could work with Edgeworth accepting a student, but the rivalry between him and Phoenix isn't as competitive as the one between Franziska and Phoenix. Imagine the possibilities...

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
It's strange when you think about it. In a game series that runs on the same timeline, including a major time skip and keeping the same older protagonist is a riskier proposition than shifting the viewpoint to a new character that has much more room to build around. Capcom could have made a new game on Kokone herself, keeping Phoenix as her mentor figure, and tied Apollo's story into hers in some way (if applicable). Instead, they returned Phoenix his character slot and added Kokone as a means to connect him to her story. It's a good excuse to bring back recurring characters since Phoenix's story arc, but other than that, I don't see why they took this route.

One word: fanservice. Logically, it should have revolved around Apollo since he wasn't fully developed in GS4. Making the game star Kokone wouldn't appease the rabid Phoenix fans.

Quote:
Thus, Phoenix's new rival prosecutor ought to be someone who somehow relates to both him and Kokone - and the latter requirement suggests that the new prosecutor is a new face.

Apollo could have a relation towards Kokone. We just don't know about it yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Kokone was a Gramarye considering her "power". (Phoenix even refers her ability as such, just like he did with Apollo.)
Page 4 of 6 [ 208 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps