Re: What will the excuse be this time?Topic%20Title

Foolish Fool

hehe those are great Salutation Here :gant:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Anders wrote:
Wooster wrote:
A bunch of stuff

The Trucy idea is probably the best one I've heard so far (at least in the sense that we're not retreading the amnesia gimmick and not introducing yet another new lawyer, but Trucy will only be 16 during the next game. Would she legally be allowed to represent herself at that age?

The only other option I can really think of assumes that the jurist system leads to some gameplay flow changes, and that on its own would probably be enough to justify a tutorial of how cases run their course. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing a case without an aide, either; all of Apollo's successes so far have come largely thanks to others' help. It's about time he shakes out those butterflies and tackles something solo.

Franny was already Prosecuting by 14, so that's got to count for something. Then again, she was the daughter of a prosecution god, so you could go either way.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

this is the final cut

I could totally imagine Phoenix in court with Apollo like "hey! Apollo! You had better explain out loud how to do this cross examination! Just...ya know...in case there were any people around who wanted to learn..."

Spoiler: AJ
The Phoenix-retaking-the-exam idea is good, except when you think about it, it doesn't seem like he'd actually forget how to defend, considering how he magically poofs over next to Apollo behind the defense desk in the first case and helps him out while Kristoph is giving his testimony.

The hangover idea would be hilarious.

Bronze Samurai

I like the hangover/nausea one.
Image Julia...<3
Related to NaturallyLazy, fatalfeline, JadeRoach, and Game Over!

The world calls it love

Wooster wrote:
Franny was already Prosecuting by 14, so that's got to count for something. Then again, she was the daughter of a prosecution god, so you could go either way.

Keep in mind that she started prosecuting at 14 in Germany/America, which we've already established is more "progressive"/crazy than the actual game setting. She didn't actually start work in the game's "home country" until she hit 18. You do have a point about the general youth of most of the characters though.

The hangover idea is fun, except Apollo doesn't strike me as the heavy drinking type. If anything, the first game established him as being quite conservative in his social life.

Bronze Samurai

That's it! Stomach flu it is!
Image Julia...<3

The One And Only

Anyone else think it would be against the odds for someone to come into the series through the 5th game?

Bronze Samurai

No. It's possible, just like six and seven. They all have equal chances.
Image Julia...<3

PEARLY AND MACHI FTW!

Anders wrote:
The hangover idea is fun, except Apollo doesn't strike me as the heavy drinking type. If anything, the first game established him as being quite conservative in his social life.

Maybe someone spiked his drink?

The truth's in THERE, not out THERE.

Mayaluff wrote:
Anders wrote:

That makes sense.

Of course, it could just be that Apollo's in the lobby reading some of Phoenix's old law books (y'know, the ones he never read?) :yuusaku:
Reunion of Lawyers Writer - Case 3 (Turnabout Twins)
Mah Sprites

Deputy of Self-Esteem

BSRaven wrote:
Mayaluff wrote:
Anders wrote:

That makes sense.

Of course, it could just be that Apollo's in the lobby reading some of Phoenix's old law books (y'know, the ones he never read?) :yuusaku:

XD and we wonder why his Lawyer badge got turned in and he turned into a hobo.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Roosterofdoom wrote:
Who says it's Apollo again? After all, the game was announced as GS5, not AJ2. It could be a whole new defense attorney. Of course that's not likely, but it's possible. I'm pretty sure they answered everything about Apollo's past in the first game. But they could find more to give...maybe.

Maybe something like a new defense attorney who then, later in the game, turns out to be a crucial witness/ victim/ plotline. As an example, lets say its a guy who defends and due to the outcome of the case, he leaves his family behind to look for 'answers' and then later on he comes back and turns out to be Polly's dad or something.
Forget that, its lame..
It'll probably just be something like Apollo getting amnesia after apprehending the murderer, who knocks him out before he can present his decisive evidence.

Bronze Samurai

What if it's the Grossberg gang? There are shots of them appearing lately, and they're supposed to be from GS5 I believe.
Image Julia...<3

Colour monkey supreme

What are the chances of yet another gameplay mechanic in GS5? If there were more ways to use the percieve system [ok I'm slightly confusing that with more opportunities to use it], that'd be pretty cool.

Otherwise I'll just go with Apollo with a bad head cold.

PCHOOO

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
What if it's the Grossberg gang? There are shots of them appearing lately, and they're supposed to be from GS5 I believe.

Huh? The only one of the "Grossberg gang" who would still be around is the man himself, and he'd be in his 70s by this point (if he's still alive). And I really don't see them doing a flashback case including them as they really have no relation to Apollo whatsoever. Those "shots" you're talking about are the GS Snapshots, and they don't have anything to do with an upcoming game.

Personally, I hope that this time they don't come up with some elaborate thing to explain why it's a tutorial. Apollo may just feel like reminding himself how it's done or something. I think 4-1 showed how very unintrusive the tutorial can be, so hopefully the new game will follow its example.

Since this game has yet to be confirmed as AJ2, it's right now only an Ace Attorney game.
I will take a stab in the dark and say.. GROSSBERG'S FIRST CASE!

Bronze Samurai

Regy Rusty wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:

Huh? The only one of the "Grossberg gang" who would still be around is the man himself, and he'd be in his 70s by this point (if he's still alive). And I really don't see them doing a flashback case including them as they really have no relation to Apollo whatsoever. Those "shots" you're talking about are the GS Snapshots, and they don't have anything to do with an upcoming game.

Personally, I hope that this time they don't come up with some elaborate thing to explain why it's a tutorial. Apollo may just feel like reminding himself how it's done or something. I think 4-1 showed how very unintrusive the tutorial can be, so hopefully the new game will follow its example.

Or it could be a prequel game detailing the lives of the people who worked at Grossberg's office including Mia, Diego, Robert, and himself.
Image Julia...<3

PCHOOO

Now why on earth would they do something horrible like that? :yuusaku:

Last edited by Regy Rusty on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

True love is forever.

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
Or it could be a prequel game detailing the lives of the people who worked at Grossberg's office including Mia, Diego, Robert, and himself.

This game is intended to be the continuation of Apollo's story and Grossberg's law office has nothing to do with Apollo. They made a very big deal about how Apollo's story had just begun and would be continued from here on out in AJ (and if they replace him now then I will cry. Poor Polly deserves better then to be replaced before he's really had a chance to shine).

I agree with Regy. I'd rather they do something simple for the tutorial. Perhaps Apollo giving himself a pep talk and reminding himself of everything with Trucy chiming in occasionally.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Last edited by Mia_Fey on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wheeeeeeee~

Maybe Apollo's dad could be involved in said case... say, as a decisive witness?
And of course, we wouldn't know it was him for sure at that point.
Hehehe...
MUHUHUHUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-*choke*

Bronze Samurai

Mia_Fey wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:

This game is intended to be the continuation of Apollo's story and Grossberg's law office has nothing to do with Apollo. They made a very big deal about how Apollo's story had just begun and would be continued from here on out in AJ (and if they replace him now then I will cry. Poor Polly deserves better then to be replaced before he's really had a chance to shine).

I agree with Regy. I'd rather they do something simple for the tutorial. Perhaps Apollo giving himself a pep talk and reminding himself of everything with Trucy chiming in occasionally.

Then why haven't we heard of GS5 as AJ2? Besides, what if GS5 being a prequel was important to GS6?
Image Julia...<3

True love is forever.

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
Then why haven't we heard of GS5 as AJ2? Besides, what if GS5 being a prequel was important to GS6?

Because they don't get renamed until the localization occurs. It's referred to as GS5 as AJ was referred to as GS4 until it was localized and released in America (and still is referred to as GS4 by many outside of Japan and by all Japanese players). They would not be called AJ in Japan just as they are not referred to as PW in Japan. They are GS games because that is the abbreviation for the Japanese name for the series. It means nothing to the game's development or they would not have named AJ "GS4" which they did. There would be no reason to play up the idea of developing Apollo in GS4 only to replace him in GS5.
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Last edited by Mia_Fey on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PCHOOO

And we haven't heard ANYTHING about GS5. Note how that official information topic is still locked. That's because there is still no information available whatsoever.

A prequel would be nonsensical and pointless now. What purpose could possibly be served by delving into Grossberg, Hammond, Diego, and Mia? These characters have played out their part in the story. There is nowhere to go with them.

Apollo on the other hand is new. They've introduced a new group of characters, and left some tantalizing loose ends. It's natural that the next game will follow up on this. GS4 made it clear: the direction the games are going in is to tell Apollo's story. I'll eat my hat if anything different occurs.

Wheeeeeeee~

Regy Rusty wrote:
A prequel would be nonsensical and pointless now. What purpose could possibly be served by delving into Grossberg, Hammond, Diego, and Mia? These characters have played out their part in the story. There is nowhere to go with them.

Apollo on the other hand is new. They've introduced a new group of characters, and left some tantalizing loose ends. It's natural that the next game will follow up on this. GS4 made it clear: the direction the games are going in is to tell Apollo's story. I'll eat my hat if anything different occurs.

True...a prequel would be completely break the flow of the games...
Hehehe...
MUHUHUHUHUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-*choke*

Bronze Samurai

Unless, of course, the prequel would be important to GS6.
Image Julia...<3

Maybe Apollo needs to think things over again because of nausea inflicted by the smell of paint in the newly-remodelled defendant lobby?

True love is forever.

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:

Then there should have been something indicated in AJ about the games going that direction and there is nothing. They really weren't being subtle in the game. Phoenix spends a lot of time talking about how it's time for the new generation to take over while the old steps aside. They left a bunch of mysteries completely unsolved with the promise to resolve them later in Apollo's arc and, had they planned to simply replace Apollo, there would have been no reason for them to go to the extra effort to localize GS4. Why introduce characters that you are then going to trash? I can't imagine the point of a prequel to develop already developed characters.
Spoiler: 1-4, 3-5
Three of which are dead- Mia and Hammond are definitely dead and there is a decent chance that Godot is as well considering the credits of T&T. While we're at it, Hammond was a bit part in 1-4 with little importance except his being dead and being an example of a bad defense attorney for not trusting his clients. Grossberg is a rather unpopular character who has very little chance of ever returning.
All while shoving the new characters, with all their potential, aside. You can certainly hope for a prequel if you wish, but I think the chance of such a thing is probably zero with the way GS4 was laid out. As stated, it would completely break the flow of the arc and I honestly find it to be very unlikely.

And that idea amuses me, Salutation Here. I can just see Apollo getting a bit dizzy from the fumes and trying to keep his mind on track by repeating all the normal tutorial stuff. :)
Fanfics Updated-12/25

Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan

dullahan1 wrote:
Whose to say Charlie doesn't want to become a lawyer? Being around for years around all these lawyer people has had to inspire him......... what? They had a parrot as a witness, would a plant as a DA really screw up the AA universe THAT much???

http://aceattorney.free.fr/jeu.php?id_proces=1120

Also, me now want Payne and Charlie as DAs.

Funny. I was thinking about this today.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT

The ultimate "Oh shi-" scenario -- they varnished the only available courtroom that morning, and everybody's minds aren't working right (thus, fumes are causing both memory loss and general confusion -- which means an occasion where Payne might not be necessary.)
Mah Sprites

Bronze Samurai

Mia_Fey wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:

Then there should have been something indicated in AJ about the games going that direction and there is nothing. They really weren't being subtle in the game. Phoenix spends a lot of time talking about how it's time for the new generation to take over while the old steps aside. They left a bunch of mysteries completely unsolved with the promise to resolve them later in Apollo's arc and, had they planned to simply replace Apollo, there would have been no reason for them to go to the extra effort to localize GS4. Why introduce characters that you are then going to trash? I can't imagine the point of a prequel to develop already developed characters.
Spoiler: 1-4, 3-5
Three of which are dead- Mia and Hammond are definitely dead and there is a decent chance that Godot is as well considering the credits of T&T. While we're at it, Hammond was a bit part in 1-4 with little importance except his being dead and being an example of a bad defense attorney for not trusting his clients. Grossberg is a rather unpopular character who has very little chance of ever returning.
All while shoving the new characters, with all their potential, aside. You can certainly hope for a prequel if you wish, but I think the chance of such a thing is probably zero with the way GS4 was laid out. As stated, it would completely break the flow of the arc and I honestly find it to be very unlikely.

And that idea amuses me, Salutation Here. I can just see Apollo getting a bit dizzy from the fumes and trying to keep his mind on track by repeating all the normal tutorial stuff. :)

Well, we'll see, won't we?
Image Julia...<3

I think it would be hilarious if nausea caused Apollo to forget his catchphrase and he freaked out.

rock on and peace out everyone!!!

Regy Rusty wrote:

those tantalizing loose ends are really just about polly the parrot's (appollo) family and what happened to the other PW characters. since nick knows the most about polly's family and he knows the other characters, i think we should go back to him for a change.
get your hat ready! :bellboy:

Bwaaah!

Why don't we just have a character who's in your face.
"HEY DORKHEAD, YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE WITNESS FOR INFO, AND PRESENT EVIDENCE AT CONTRADICTIONS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND, OR SHOULD I GO INTO DETAIL?"
It could be a defendant (that may be to JFA-like, though,) a prosecutor, or even a third Judge!

Why not?
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hippietree12 wrote:
get your hat ready! :bellboy:

I need to find my hat on the double!

(Note that I also intend to play through all of AJ with said hat on... when I find it.)

*ping!*

Larry's the defendant, gets things wrong (e.g. "Press the contradictions!"), and Apollo/Nick corrects him?
Mah Sprites

didn't get that, but sure.

Was my suggestion for 'the excuse'.
Mah Sprites

choco-yukawa wrote:
nose wrote:
2. Court has to be re-explained due to the Jurist system being put into place.

I forgot about the Jurist system! I could totally see that happen!

I can also see that happening. I just hope it's done right and not like this.

:udgy: Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone that this is a special case, in which it is the first case in which we officially introduce the new Jurist System outside of testing. To be safe, I would like to re-explain everything. Now, lets hear the witness testimony.

:testimony:
:sawit: He did it.

:udgy: Now Mr Justice, for the sake of the Jurist system, I would like to tell you how to cross-examine, even though it's completely unchanged from before.
:odoroki: Is it completely necessary? I mean, this isn't my first ca-
:udgy: YES IT IS. Now, the first thing to do is to look and see if the witness is lying, and if he is, select the contradicting evidence and press the Present button. If he's not lying, then press the Press button until he is, then repeat step one.
:odoroki: Yes, your honor. (Shouldn't he be behind my bench if he's saying this?)
:udgy: Oh, and one more thing Mr Justice. If that whimpy Prosecutor on the other side says Objection, you just scream Objection louder and tell him how much he fails.
:payne: ...
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Maybe the first case will be based on psychics, and one of the Psychics had made Apollo lose his memory before the first court chapter begins, and so requires his assistant/partner to explain the court process.

Well it works just as well as the whole memory loss/amnesia in JFA

Mostly human

Ultimate Prosecutor wrote:
Maybe the first case will be based on psychics, and one of the Psychics had made Apollo lose his memory before the first court chapter begins, and so requires his assistant/partner to explain the court process.

I get the feeling that the Apollo arc has left behind the occult due to being one of the main themes of the old arc, as we saw in 4-3 and 4-4 it appears that magic is the new channeling.

Ultimate Prosecutor wrote:

i think that would be 2 repetitive since they already used it in 2-1.
Coppo wrote:
choco-yukawa wrote:
nose wrote:
2. Court has to be re-explained due to the Jurist system being put into place.

I forgot about the Jurist system! I could totally see that happen!

I can also see that happening. I just hope it's done right and not like this.

:udgy: Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone that this is a special case, in which it is the first case in which we officially introduce the new Jurist System outside of testing. To be safe, I would like to re-explain everything. Now, lets hear the witness testimony.

:testimony:
:sawit: He did it.

:udgy: Now Mr Justice, for the sake of the Jurist system, I would like to tell you how to cross-examine, even though it's completely unchanged from before.
:odoroki: Is it completely necessary? I mean, this isn't my first ca-
:udgy: YES IT IS. Now, the first thing to do is to look and see if the witness is lying, and if he is, select the contradicting evidence and press the Present button. If he's not lying, then press the Press button until he is, then repeat step one.
:odoroki: Yes, your honor. (Shouldn't he be behind my bench if he's saying this?)
:udgy: Oh, and one more thing Mr Justice. If that whimpy Prosecutor on the other side says Objection, you just scream Objection louder and tell him how much he fails.
:payne: ...

that would be kinda funny but yes your right that would also be LAME!
Page 2 of 4 [ 146 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps