Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 16 of 18[ 697 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: What part should Phoenix play in GS5?Topic%20Title

Perfect whine record

Maybe Apollo could be arrested on suspicion of murdering someone, then he'd decide to defend himself. But of course he is in detention, so he can't do any investigating. Then who would? Phoenix would :hobohodo:

OBJECTION!

That sounds like a good idea. Then Phoenix could do some defending or Apollo could defend him.
But would that be a bit like 1-2?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Perfect whine record

grim_tales wrote:
That sounds like a good idea. Then Phoenix could do some defending or Apollo could defend him.
But would that be a bit like 1-2?

I don't think Phoenix is allowed to defend anyone unless he takes and completes the Bar exam again. So, Phoenix would do the investigating and Apollo would do the defending

OBJECTION!

Ah OK.
Maybe Nick will retake the bar exam again one day.

Perpetual Prosecutor

I believe he will take the bar exam, as suggested in AJ's credits.

But maybe only to defend someone important to him, like Thalassa.

OBJECTION!

That could make sense.

Squirtle!

He will be a god in GS5.
Actually, I agree with he above posters, he should retake the bar. but I honestly thougt he was joking when he said that (he mentioned it diractly after talking abot piano lessons)
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

Gettin' Old!

jonathanrp wrote:
He will be a god in GS5.
Actually, I agree with he above posters, he should retake the bar. but I honestly thougt he was joking when he said that (he mentioned it diractly after talking abot piano lessons)

Pretty sure he was, then again I wouldn't mind seeing him become an Ace Pianist.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

OBJECTION!

The fact they even put that line in implies options are being left open, he COULD retake the bar I guess.

Imagination User

jonathanrp wrote:
He will be a god in GS5.

But...... If Phoenix will REALLY retake the bar?

Gettin' Old!

Phantom Mark wrote:
jonathanrp wrote:
He will be a god in GS5.

But...... If Phoenix will REALLY retake the bar?

He better not!
Or at least not steal Apollo's thunder if he does.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

travels with the Big Berry Circus

I get this strange feeling as though you'll be using Phoenix as an investigator as opposed to Apollo. Or rather, you can choose the attorney you wish to do the case with. Depending on who you use as an attorney, he case has different effects on their person, especially considering Phoenix and Apollo have a completely different line of thinking. If what I said is true, then by the end of the game, you will have need to have done all cases with both attorneys to finish one final case and find the true culprit.

You must keep in mind, that even though the game is called Apollo Justice in America, it's called Gyakuten Saiban 4 in Japan. Which still makes the game very much about Phoenix's fate as a lawyer. Truthfully, I think Apollo was added to the series due to Phoenix's lack of present (and living) allies in the defense attorney field. Now that he's got Apollo, who admittedly can do things in court that Phoenix has merely DREAMED of, they can seamlessly work as a team.
ImageImage

The Twisted Samurai

I wanna see him as attorney back
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

OBJECTION!

Middleman, I have to say that is a really interesting idea. It could be tricky but would add replay value to the game.
But as Pierre/Blondie said, I want to see more of Apollo's story in the next game too and some development for him, I say that as a fan of both Apollo and Nick.

Gettin' Old!

The Middleman wrote:

You must keep in mind, that even though the game is called Apollo Justice in America, it's called Gyakuten Saiban 4 in Japan. Which still makes the game very much about Phoenix's fate as a lawyer. Truthfully, I think Apollo was added to the series due to Phoenix's lack of present (and living) allies in the defense attorney field. Now that he's got Apollo, who admittedly can do things in court that Phoenix has merely DREAMED of, they can seamlessly work as a team.

Apollo Justice in Europe too, meaning more of the world considers it Apollo's game than Phoenix's.

Besides your argument sucks, Gyakuten Saiban means Turnabout Court to my knowledge not "This game is about Phoenix Wright". You can't say just because it's not 'Apollo Justice' in Japan means it's Phoenix's game.

I'd rather see Apollo get his own reign, no teamwork or nothing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Twisted Samurai

Phoenix Wright=Yomigaeru Gyakuten
Apollo Justice=Odoroki Hosuke
Gyakuten Saiban=Turnabout Trial: Revived Turnabout
Uhm
I also think that we need more character development from Apollo

Well, whether or not Apollo will get more character development is obvious. They left so many questions unanswered with Apollo that it's obvious that they aren't going to drop him.

And I still stand by the fact that Phoenix will probably do the investigating and Apollo will work in court. That way you use the Magatama outside the courthouse, and Percieve inside the courthouse.

As for Apollo Justice being solely about Apollo, as evidence by 3 of 4 parties that distribute the game calling it Apollo Justice, I will rebut in two fashions, even though I 50% agree with the idea that Apollo is the sole attention light in the game. Firstly, the US, Europe 1, and Europe 2 versions of Apollo Justice are all named Apollo Justice because the other branches of Capcom and Nintendo decide on the name together; as every company has with every game. They also decide whether or not they will have the same character names. Second, sure, 3 of 4 countries have the same name for the game, but the game was made in Japan; which means they decided to name it first. And they didn't name it Gyakuten Odoroki, did they?

Although, I thought Phoenix's name was Naruhodo Ryuuchi?
ImageImage

Gettin' Old!

The Middleman wrote:
Although, I thought Phoenix's name was Naruhodo Ryuuchi?

Exactly my point.

People argue that Gyakutan Saiban means it's a Phoenix Wright game, but really it's just Turnabout Court.
The fact it's named Gyakutan Saiban 4 in Japan has no connection to Phoenix.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I submit to that logic, but as a completely unrelated question, if Gyakuten Saiban means Turnabout Court (which I knew it did), and Edgeworth's name is Mitsurugi Keiji, then the name of his games means Turnabout Prosecutor.... that makes no sense.... well to me, at least.

And it's nearly cemented that Phoenix will be an investigator due to the uncovering of Black Psych-locks.

Ah well, as long as I don't see a Fey, I'll be happy. If I do, that affects a simple 1%.
ImageImage

Gettin' Old!

The Middleman wrote:
I submit to that logic, but as a completely unrelated question, if Gyakuten Saiban means Turnabout Court (which I knew it did), and Edgeworth's name is Mitsurugi Keiji, then the name of his games means Turnabout Prosecutor.... that makes no sense.... well to me, at least.

And it's nearly cemented that Phoenix will be an investigator due to the uncovering of Black Psych-locks.

Ah well, as long as I don't see a Fey, I'll be happy. If I do, that affects a simple 1%.

I don't think it really means he will

But Edgeworth's game was called Gyakuten Kenji not Keiji. Which I heard simply means Turnabout NOT Court or something.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well, I meant Kenji. But I heard somewhere that Mitsurugi Reiji is supposed to be a pun having something to do with prosecutor. Hold on.

===ONE MOMENT PLEASE===

Yep. Gyakuten Kenji means Turnabout Prosecutor. As a means of delivering a joke, it has been referred to as Gyakuten NOT Saiban, yet will most likely be getting a sequel, says developers.
ImageImage

Gettin' Old!

The Middleman wrote:
Well, I meant Kenji. But I heard somewhere that Mitsurugi Reiji is supposed to be a pun having something to do with prosecutor. Hold on.

===ONE MOMENT PLEASE===

Yep. Gyakuten Kenji means Turnabout Prosecutor. As a means of delivering a joke, it has been referred to as Gyakuten NOT Saiban, yet will most likely be getting a sequel, says developers.

Still not named after Edgeworth.

Gyakuten Kenji could be about Klavier as it's not linked with his name.
Just in the same way Gyakuten Saiban can be about any defence attorney.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Otter Attorney

What role should Phoenix play? Well, as much as I would like them to announce that Nick is getting the next game to himself, seeing how new poor Polly is it seems very unlikely, or at least for now. I think they should just quietly let Nick become a lawyer again in the background, especially after so many years of hard work. If they want to get rid of him for a case just send him gallivanting of to Germany to see Edgeworth & Co. Simple, no?

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I think he should retake the exam, and some cases has polly, some has Feenie? Yes?

sig+avi made by krazykaro

mentor or aide :hobohodo: :minuki:
proud daughter of Romeo and krazykaro
brothers:Tap and Jaron sister:P!ATD
engaged to Donald Serrot

Victim in last case of GS6. For GS5 he should play the kinda role he played in 4-2 and 4-3 i.e. not very much.

OBJECTION!

I say this:

Phoenix has gotten his badge back now. :phoenix:

He treats Apollo with more respect and is acting like a real mentor, like Mia and Kristoph.

He assists in some cases, and ends being a witness in one of them.

There are also tons of PW mentions in the game...
Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.

whut?

Have reinstated Lawyer!Phoenix to sit in as bench aid in one of the cases, maybe the last one or something, but don't make him playable or have any plotlines centered around him. I don't want to see him as a witness/murderer/victim either (seriously I can't believe people are even suggesting those last two). Just have Phoenix getting on with his job again (with a more solid reference to Maya and Edgeworth this time) while Apollo gets the actual story 'n' glory.

tl;dr - Make Phoenix a lawyer again, but this time give him a passive role in the game.

Which is what they should have done to begin with, IMO.

Queen of Procrastination

Meh, I could seem him not serving a major role. Maybe "reviving" Wright & Co., but have Apollo temporary lead it. Then, in the end, not become an attorney, and then Justice & Co. Law Offices is born.

The Twisted Samurai

Dunno what my old opinon was, yet, here is my new one: He shouldn´t be there at all!

Or he should be at least a more flat character. We´ve seen more charter development of Phoenix in AJ, than in the whole series which is, in 4 cases a litte bit OVER THE TOP!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Phoenix should be the Obi Wan to Apollo's Anakin (without the whole 'crippled by lava and forced to wear battle armour doubling as his life-support system' thing...although, that'd be hella cool) He should support him, but find that Apollo needs less and less of his help as the game moves on, something like that maybe.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

He should have his Badge back... And take Mia's role.

Yes, Mia's role. The role of the guy who gives hints in the most desperate situation, but does NOT get all the spotlight. Maybe even the role of a toned down Mia, so Apollo gets more time to shine.

I'd really love Nick to be working on his own cases while Trucy and Apollo work on theirs... It would make the Law Offices... for the first time, you know... actually seem like a LAW FIRM with MULTIPLE people, rather than just "Lawyer+Some Girl."

It would feel like the world was turning, even when the protagonist isn't looking, you know...

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

I think I wrote this elsewhere on the site, but I don't want to see Phoenix anywhere near the courtroom; not as a defense attorney (although he can get his badge back), not as a mentor, not as a witness, etc. It's inevitable that if Phoenix is in court, he's going to steal the show, and GS5 needs to be about Apollo.

Cases never solved; keep raising queries

If Phoenix really ends up retaking the bar exam, then I'd rather see him more as a behind-the-scenes mentor in GS5. Kind of like how Mia was in GS1-3, except have him appear even less.

Polly gets more focus; Feenie isn't stealing the show; everyone is (hopefully) happy.

Maybe Phoenix will be the next prosecutor. that will be totally awesome. maybe it will be phoenix vs apollo with phoenix as prosecution.

Or maybe phoenix will be back in his post as defense attorney he did say that re taking the bar exam was something he might do.

The miracle finally happen...

The Middleman wrote:
And I still stand by the fact that Phoenix will probably do the investigating and Apollo will work in court. That way you use the Magatama outside the courthouse, and Percieve inside the courthouse.

Or Phoenix could just pass on his magatama to Apollo?

That could actually work, perhaps the magatama would need to be charged again so Apollo needs to visit Older Maya / Pearl. Combining the Bracelet and Magatama could have a certain effect too...

OBJECTION!

Combining the bracelet and and Magatama is a pretty cool idea actually, perhaps they'll do that?

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

grim_tales wrote:
Combining the bracelet and and Magatama is a pretty cool idea actually, perhaps they'll do that?

And it would lead into... 3D perceiving. :redd:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

Overruled?

Quote:
Or Phoenix could just pass on his magatama to Apollo?

That could actually work, perhaps the magatama would need to be charged again so Apollo needs to visit Older Maya / Pearl. Combining the Bracelet and Magatama could have a certain effect too...

Um... I doubt that. Plot-wise, Phoenix wouldn't just give away the Magatama. It's a sentimental heirloom that Maya trusted to Phoenix, and Mia even told him to take good care of it. Recall how upset Maya was when Armstrong had stolen it? Besides that, he uses it in his own investigations, as we're shown in the MASON system.

Gameplay-wise, assuming Apollo is the main character (which I doubt for reasons I won't bring up right now) I wouldn't even want him to use the Psyche-Locks. That's Phoenix's thing, and I'd rather see Apollo have his own new ways to solve crime.

Quote:
And it would lead into... 3D perceiving.

Greeeaaat, I can look at Brushell's armpit sweat in 33333333333-DDDDDDDDD!! ... *sobs in a corner*

Ace Gamer

Yeesh... It's been awhile since I've been 'round here... Maybe since AA5 has been (re? )announced, I'll stick around a little longer. :godot:

Anyways, after reading through the entire thread, I gotta say, it's kinda surprising (and scary ) how many of ya'll want/wanted Phoenix dead o_0

After having had the chance to think 'bout this kinda thing for awhile (longer then I think any of us would have desired <_< ), I think Phoenix's role should be determined by how many Apollo Justice era games there will be. I think most of us are of the agreement that Polly desereves a chance to shine in the spotlight that Phoenix kinda took from him during AJ, however, I don't personally feel that removing him from the cast is the way to do it (rather it's by giving him his badge and then shipping him to another country, killing him off, etc. ) Say what you will 'bout how his appearance effected AJ, I can't help but feel that he's a legitimate part of the new cast, even if he originally wasn't supposed to be (as is Ema ). So, him all of a sudden disappearing would be a bit jarring, at least, to me it would. At the same time, having him play a major role alongside Apollo in the next game (such as being playable during any part of the game ) could leave to little room for Polly to expand his character, even if it's only for a case or two. That basically leaves the mentor role for him for the next title. However, assuming that the Apollo Justice games will at least be a trilogy, I believe that the ending of the next game should basically confirm that he's gonna retake the bar. The final game is where some of the other ideas brought up in this thread could take place, such as the gameplay shifting between Polly and Wright. As much as I'd love to see Maya make her Apollo Justice debut as soon as possible, assuming that she ever would, I believe that the final game would be the most appropriate time for us to find out what most of the old cast has been up to, assuming that AA5 mostly focuses on Polly and the new cast. Not saying that the series needs it, but I feel that the last Apollo Justice era game should be about closure, both for the new and old cast, and at the end, it could have Phoenix finally move on. I think certain fans would like that and make this whole thing worth it to 'em.

I hope all that made sense 'cause I think I lost where I was going a few times there. :payne: Basically, I think Phoenix should remain a permanent part of the new cast, but should stick to the mentor role for now, giving most of the spotlight to Polly in the next game, and then perhaps sharing the spotlight a bit more equally for the last AJ era title. Dunno what to say if they decide that AA5 is the last AJ title, though...
Pastel horses + Defense Attorneys = ... Genius? Life is strange <_<
Page 16 of 18 [ 697 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps