Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 3[ 112 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: New game, New look, New phoenix? *spoilers*Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

LightningfistCal wrote:
Pocket watch? I thought it was Trucy's locket?

*Shrugs* Lockets normally go around the neck, based on the appearence it only has one linear chain and therefore can't loop around a neck. However it could still be a locket and it's just a slight graphical thing that means we can't see the other part of the chain.

Plus he wears it in the style of a pocket watch

Spoiler: Example

Think it was only speculation it was Trucy's locket.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

It is Trucy's locket. It was confirmed in at least two interviews I believe.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

So it's the locket? Thought I read somewhere it was a sort of pocket-watch that was shaped as a "4".

The Chords of Steel

By the way..new game which means new cover! Sooooo judging by the customary "four portrait" covers that we all know and love (except the GK2 one, i didn't like the color of that cover), which 4 characters do you think will be appearing on this one.

My guess: Phoenix (that one is a given), Yellow girl, the new prosecutor, and maybe, if he plays a main role, Apollo (this is more wishful thinking than anything else, but hey one can dream right?). And the color of this cover could be green, i don't think that one has been used yet..

From left to right: Phoenix, Dark Payne, Miss Yellow, Other Prosecutor (or even the Judge!)
Color: ................ light blue? To fit with Phoenix' vest?

C-A

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

I agree with the light blue motif, but i think the 4 on the cover are going to be
Phoenix, yellow girl, prosecutor, major plot twist character from final case.

Also seeing as the court has been destroyed this would have been a perfect game for the title.
Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney
Rise from the ashes

When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I like Light Blue. I at first thought black but that was used for the first game in Japan. (By the way, why did we get that weird, unattractive art for the first game rather than the four profile one? I printed out a fan-made translated black one and swapped it. I hate the look of that original cover)

Phoenix, Girl in Yellow, Prosecutor, and important plot related character.

Will it be like the PW Trilogy and have the blue fade to white on the bottom of the box or will it be like AJ and AAI and have a solid background color?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Why is everyone putting Miss Yellow into the 2nd Slot? Okay, it's about two weeks since I last looked at the covers, but wasn't it generally so that the assistant role (Maya/Pearl/Trucy/Kay <- although I actually don't count her as an assitant) was always in the 3rd Slot? Why would they change that for GS5?

C-A

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Pearl got the first slot in GS2 if I remember correctly. Order means little, the theme has always been Defence, Aid (with Pearl squeaking in there), Prosecutor, and "Plot Relivant Character".

The Chords of Steel

The way i ordered them was irrelevant but now that you mention it....

The lawyer or protagonist was in the first slot in GS1 and 4, and both GK games..in GS2 and 3 it was in the third slot
The aide always swap slots through all of the covers but is almost constantly placed in the second slot
The prosecutor is placed in the first slot in GS2-3
And the last slot is always occupied by an important character relevant for the majority of the game

So my new guess is...Phoenix, Yellow girl, New prosecutor aaaand New character relevant to the plot for most of the game......wait that is still my old guess...oh wait..except this time i got rid of Apollo.

As for the color it makes more sense light blue like you guys said

Very likely, but who knows? With the new direction the series is going the cover might have the general 4 character boxes but have them over an image of the destroyed court which fades to light blue, rather than just having a solid colour or a gradient fade of the colour.

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
Very likely, but who knows? With the new direction the series is going the cover might have the general 4 character boxes but have them over an image of the destroyed court which fades to light blue, rather than just having a solid colour or a gradient fade of the colour.

The first title's cover suggests as if someone (the character to Nick's right/Edgeworth) is above the courts. This is proven by the fact that, immediately you enter the same courtroom was the Demon Prosecutor, you know your client will be declared guilty.

They can do the same with this fifth installment: put the main characters on the front with an art of the courts crumbling.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

;_; I miss those box arts so much, even the European one with white background and Phoenix just standing there. I'm SSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIICK of the boring 4 character profile box arts. So uninspired.

No, I refuse to write anything...

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
To me, the crescent symbols on her and the archery glove simply piece together to form one name: Artemis, as in the Greek goddess of the moon and hunting. The fact that she's also a lawyer mirrors Apollo, so she doesn't need to be a relative of his.

But now, I'm honestly too hyped with these pictures to think straight.

I'm not ruling that out, because first, Apollo (the god, not :odoroki: ) is Artemis's brother. I wonder who Apollo's (Odoroki) father was...they never mentioned him, so this could be another relative...

But that glove reminded me of the Kay/Yatagarasu...eh?

And he better use that pocket watch, you can't have a pocket watch without using it, you just can't...it's too....

Come on! It's a pocket watch!
Some secret wait to be discovered...some never are...
Some secrets lay in the shadows...and Justice is the Light...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Pst…. it's the Trucy Locket.

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

As long as the cover isn't "Trials After Justice".

Also, about the new Phoenix, he looks OK (though the locket/chain is still somewhat out of place IMO), but in terms of personality, I worry about him. I mean, sure, his darker days are over, he got his badge back and has no reason to act so "Fuck It" as he did, but they're probably going to magically turn him back to his T&T attitude, and I'd rather see some Hobohodo character.

And the yellow girl is in no way a Grammarye unless Thalassa was a first-class whore with no preservative knowledge. Magnifi is dead and had only Thalassa, Trucy is still young, Zak is dead too and only had Trucy, and Valant might as well be a virgin.

(Sp)ace Detective

Maybe she was a child of Thalassa's unnamed performer beau, making her Apollo and Trucy's stepsister. Or something.
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Eversister wrote:
I wonder who Apollo's (Odoroki) father was...they never mentioned him, so this could be another relative...

:pshhh: It's this guy.

I don't think, and hope, that the girl is not another Gramarye. Gramarye is over - Trucy has the rights, but doesn't care about them, so she (probably? I forgot if it's mentioned) gave them to Valant who is happily performing them. Thalassa is playing the role of the Off-Stage Mom she's been doing for the past few years anyway.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Eversister wrote:
I wonder who Apollo's (Odoroki) father was...they never mentioned him, so this could be another relative...

It's not.
There is a theory that it could be this guy :zap: , though.
Also,
CatMuto wrote:
Gramarye is over - Trucy has the rights, but doesn't care about them, so she (probably? I forgot if it's mentioned) gave them to Valant who is happily performing them. Thalassa is playing the role of the Off-Stage Mom she's been doing for the past few years anyway.

When was it ever stated that Trucy doesn't care about the Gramarye rights? In fact, as far as I remember at the end of AJ, she states she has to practice them to be able to do them justice. And even if she doesn't care, she couldn't have given them to Valant, because he's
Spoiler: AJ Spoilers
in jail. (everbody seems to forget that; he turned himself in for tampering with the crime scene and trying to frame Zak, remeber?)

Also, what do you mean with Thalassa having played Off-screen mom for the past years?

Aside from all that, I don't support the "New Girl = Gramaray" thing either. It's just too contrived.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

beterbomen wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Eversister wrote:

It's not.
There is a theory that it could be this guy :zap: , though.
Also,
CatMuto wrote:
Gramarye is over - Trucy has the rights, but doesn't care about them, so she (probably? I forgot if it's mentioned) gave them to Valant who is happily performing them. Thalassa is playing the role of the Off-Stage Mom she's been doing for the past few years anyway.

When was it ever stated that Trucy doesn't care about the Gramarye rights? In fact, as far as I remember at the end of AJ, she states she has to practice them to be able to do them justice. And even if she doesn't care, she couldn't have given them to Valant, because he's
in jail. (everbody seems to forget that; he turned himself in for tampering with the crime scene and trying to frame Zak, remeber?)

Also, what do you mean with Thalassa having played Off-screen mom for the past years?

Aside from all that, I don't support the "New Girl = Gramaray" thing either. It's just too contrived.

In regards and response to everyone.
The whole theory of Max being Apollo's father mostly balances on the fact that it is revealed in the game that Apollo's father was a fellow performer who joined the troupe and then left. Now the only way i could think can link to max is that in AAI we see a poster for Max galactica Vs Troupe gramarye (not berry big circus like at the end of JFA, showing his contract may have ended.) therefore he could start a new contract with the troupe after that show thus leading to people possibly believing this theory leading him to Thalassa.

To CatMuto - Trucy does want to preserve and uphold the gramarye magic.

To beterbomen - I cant remember Valant turning himself in. just admiting it was him in the Mason system (which is a simulation) and at the end saying that he will not be performing the great revival of Magnifi's magic.
And i think Ms. Muto is jokingly referring to the time elapsed between real-world time releases, rather than time in the game seeing as only one year is to have passed between the two games (AJ-GS5).

beterbomen wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

To beterbomen - I cant remember Valant turning himself in. just admiting it was him in the Mason system (which is a simulation) and at the end saying that he will not be performing the great revival of Magnifi's magic.

The Mason system was a simulation based on recordings Phoenix made during the 7 years he spent trying to solve the crime, so Valant admitting was probably real. He says he's going to turn himself in after you finnish questioning him.
--------------

beterbomen wrote:
The Mason system was a simulation based on recordings Phoenix made during the 7 years he spent trying to solve the crime, so Valant admitting was probably real. He says he's going to turn himself in after you finnish questioning him.

By that logic you should realize that even based on recordings it is still a simulation. plus as phoenix has stated multiple times before every case has a statute of limitations, so the limit for that case could be over. In addition during the credit sequence Valant is one of the people who comments. Only people who are not in jail (with the exception of Iris and Adrian who were in detention) are shown, plus he appeared outside the sunshine collusseum showing he had not turned himself in.

Magnifi's death was a murder case, which means the statute of limitations still had a good 7 or 8 years to go.

Also, Valant did say he'd turn himself in, but as we can see from the credits, he and Trucy start the new Troupe Grammarye. So maybe Trucy stopped him or Grossberg got him off the hook or whatever.

The cape is self-fluttering

The whole theory of Max being Apollo's father mostly balances on the fact that it is revealed in the game that Apollo's father was a fellow performer who joined the troupe and then left.

Or, it balances on the fact that Max was seven when Apollo was born.

It's true that in nature, stranger things have happened.

But unless Max is lying about his age, he definitely did not father Apollo.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

VCM wrote:
Magnifi's death was a murder case, which means the statute of limitations still had a good 7 or 8 years to go.

Also, Valant did say he'd turn himself in, but as we can see from the credits, he and Trucy start the new Troupe Grammarye. So maybe Trucy stopped him or Grossberg got him off the hook or whatever.

Actualy, it's just Trucy. Valant doesn't show up in the credits (I've checked).
Anyway, we're veering horibly off topic here, so let's get back to actualy talking about GS5!
--------------

beterbomen wrote:
VCM wrote:

Actualy, it's just Trucy. Valant doesn't show up in the credits (I've checked).
Anyway, we're veering horibly off topic here, so let's get back to actualy talking about GS5!

Whoops my bad :sawit:
yeah i think we should...............
in keeping with new looks, do you think the courtroom is going to be a 3D representation of the old courtroom, the AJ courtroom, or a new design entirely?

From what I've seen of the latest game pictures, it's probably a 3D version of the AJ courtroom, with more detail.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Eversister wrote:

Archers' gloves are completely different from thieves' gloves... but I'm just being picky again.

I really hope she doesn't end up like a copy of Kay. I have no problem with Kay herself, but we've already got several young female assistants who all have some level of perkiness and have become victims of lesser crimes than those tried in court. The variety among characters has lately become a bit lackluster. I suppose she could prove her uniqueness if she has sufficient combat skills and isn't so easily manipulated by words. After all that he's been through, Wright deserves a bodyguard-type. But that's wishful thinking...

I hope TGS will prove me wrong and it's not only wishful thinking.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Eversister wrote:

Archers' gloves are completely different from thieves' gloves... but I'm just being picky again.

I really hope she doesn't end up like a copy of Kay. I have no problem with Kay herself, but we've already got several young female assistants who all have some level of perkiness and have become victims of lesser crimes than those tried in court. The variety among characters has lately become a bit lackluster. I suppose she could prove her uniqueness if she has sufficient combat skills and isn't so easily manipulated by words. After all that he's been through, Wright deserves a bodyguard-type. But that's wishful thinking...

I hope TGS will prove me wrong and it's not only wishful thinking.

Well, seeing as this lovely, new lady is sporting an attorneys badge i hope she will be strong and independent like Mia (although not a carbon copy) either she is a seasoned attorney who is strong, or she could be assigned to Wright by the bar association to monitor if he is worthy of his badge again, therefore like with Mia being a tutor for the new systems

VCM wrote:
From what I've seen of the latest game pictures, it's probably a 3D version of the AJ courtroom, with more detail.

From what I've seen of the latest game picture, it's probably an entirely new design.
So one of us is wrong here. :uh:

I think I'm right (obviously). To prove my point, I present this picture:
(Take a close look at the scenery behind her.)
Maybe this evidence is outdated, but this is the best proof I have.
--------------

There was never a crowd behind the witness stand in GS1-4.

No, I refuse to write anything...

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Eversister wrote:

I'm not convinced it's an archer's glove...they use arm guards, not necessarily gloves...(and that's just based on my knowledge, so it may not be accurate...)
Some secret wait to be discovered...some never are...
Some secrets lay in the shadows...and Justice is the Light...

beterbomen wrote:
VCM wrote:

From what I've seen of the latest game picture, it's probably an entirely new design.
So one of us is wrong here. :uh:

I think I'm right (obviously). To prove my point, I present this picture:
(Take a close look at the scenery behind her.)
Maybe this evidence is outdated, but this is the best proof I have.

Meh, I was talking from memory, so I guess I missed out on the stands. Big deal.

This new design looks awesome, however it feels somewhat out of place. Probably just a matter of time.

Idol of Polar Bears

I definitely prefer the new look to the old look. This new look makes Phoenix seem a lot more mature and experienced, less timid and clueless, and very relaxed. Hopefully, his professional, "I've-got-everything-under-control" attitude from AJ will carry over into this game; THAT would be a Phoenix I could respect and take seriously.

Eversister wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Eversister wrote:

I'm not convinced it's an archer's glove...they use arm guards, not necessarily gloves...(and that's just based on my knowledge, so it may not be accurate...)

While archers may wear arm guards, the gloves Miss Yellow is wearing is definitely the of the archery-variety or at least heavily leaned on it. Archery gloves - although I can barely call them gloves without hating myself - are more like covers for the index and middle finger, along with the thumb. There to protect the fingers from too heavy imprints of pulling the string back and holding the arrow.
Although personally, I'd prefer the calluses.

C-A

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Eversister wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant kyudo/japanese archery. The version of glove she has (called a yugake) is a mitsugake (three covered fingers).

But my theory was thrown aside. Capcom went for a name based on her specialty, psychoanalysis, and her magical holographic-producing pendant. They did keep the moon theme, though. In any case, I like it. And again with the underaged teenage partners. I know it's pretty much tradition by now, but really, Capcom...?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
And again with the underaged teenage partners. I know it's pretty much tradition by now, but really, Capcom...?

Quote:
I know it's pretty much tradition by now,-

That's why.

Also, yay! Quoting struck comments! :karma:
--------------

YAY or NAY:
New Girl will take Apollo's place as the protagonist Defense Attorney?

Reimitsurugi wrote:
YAY or NAY:
New Girl will take Apollo's place as the protagonist Defense Attorney?

Nay, as I believe the main protagonist is Phoenix.
Unless they make the final case what I first thought upon seeing the title: one part played as Phoenix, the other as Apollo, ending with both in court on the same side.

C-A

"So close..."

beterbomen wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
And again with the underaged teenage partners. I know it's pretty much tradition by now, but really, Capcom...?

Quote:
I know it's pretty much tradition by now,-

That's why.

Also, yay! Quoting struck comments! :karma:

Isn't she 18? That's only underaged for drinking. :yuusaku: At least in America.

Thanks, Vickinator!
Page 2 of 3 [ 112 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps