Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

GS 5 Theories.Topic%20Title

As the other one is more of a joke topic. :)

Spoiler: Spoilers for the information released so far.
Jin is innocent of the murder he has been convicted for, but will use his reputation as a murderer in the Courtroom. The final case (which both Apollo and Phoenix will probably be playable in) will revolve around that case. Jin will be taken off the prosecution due to that connection.

Kokone and Jin are somehow tied by that case, and may somehow be the reason why they're both interested in "reading" people.

Jin may be able to prove at any time that he is innocent, but is purposely keeping quiet; there may be a reason why he wants to be in prison, or because he's protecting someone.

The ability to read people seems like it is something of a theme in the game - Kokone can read the emotions of others, apparently at least partially from their tone of voice. Jin uses psychology, and changes his behaviour to match what he reads, and Apollo uses Perceive, but there isn't any mention of the Magatama, which looks into people's hearts/souls. I mention this because the Magatama doesn't actually use anything tangible, whereas all the other methods at least seem to be partially based on physical reactions. Of course, the Magatama could just not have been mentioned because it's never used in Court, unlike Perceive and the Heart Scope.

The Feys will play very little role in this game, if at all.

Trucy has decided to focus more on being a Magician, rather than Defence Attorney aide, however, she may later get caught up in the cross-fire.
Re: GS 5 Theories.Topic%20Title

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

Spoiler:
I agree about the Feys not returning. I mean, it would be nice to see some cameo appearances from Maya and Pearls, but I don't think they'll be central characters. The PW trilogy already wrapped up their stories, it just seems unreasonable to suddenly involve them in more murder plots, you know?

I'm also of the opinion that Jin is innocent, or at the very least completely justified in what he did. Setting up this big, bad scary guy from prison only to have him subvert everyone's expectations and be innocent just strikes me as something the writers would do.

ImageImage

This will happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxbi78MnQU

I've felt worse.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:

I don't care if Capcom has to divide by zero to make this happen.
It NEEDS to happen.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I think I posted this in the Crack Theories, although it was actually not a crack theory.

The game will have a corrupt Jury - one member or several.
For another, the Jury could also be shown as extremely biased towards certain defendants. Either because they simply don't like the type of person the defendant is or because they previously knew them and have ill feelings towards them, making it harder to win the case, as you have to persuade the Jury as well.
The corrupt Jury could be one who has manipulated cases and actually did things, just so that defendant would be tried for the crimes. Why? I don't know, people do stupid things for stupid reasons.

I agree, no Feys in this game.
The superfluous T&T game gave us more information on them than we wanted and giving us any more, we might as well kick Phoenix off the Main Char seat again and just call it The Feys.

C-A

Derper

Spoiler: Serious theory on Kokone and Jin
It seems to be a given that Jin's innocence would be questioned in the game so that's where I'm theorizing right now.

I'm on the Jin's innocent as well, but I don't think it's impossible that they might try to put a twist on the story. Kokone was said to be a key character in the game so I think there may be a number of stuff on her relationships in the game.

It seems to me like they're kind of re-enacting some elements of Phoenix's story in the first game. Kokone's first case is defending her childhood friend, and the rival prosecutor is hinted to be of significance to her. Jin can be a friend, relative, mentor, etc. and most likely a person that Kokone wants to prove innocent. Although, unlike Edgeworth, Jin's already imprisoned for the murder he may or may not have committed.

Kokone is also said to be a person who wants to prove people's innocence through emotions, and this seems to go with reading Jin who is also said to be real good at Psychology by changing his tone of voice and such, which means he can be good at hiding his emotions.

It can happen or it may not, but I think it's possible and a nice twist if in the last trial, Kokone tries to prove Jin's innocence but it turns out he's guilty unlike Edgeworth. It can bring a lot of interesting scenarios, at least in my opinion. Of course, this is just a theory.

Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Reglare wrote:
It seems to be a given that Jin's innocence would be questioned in the game so that's where I'm theorizing right now.

I'm on the Jin's innocent as well, but I don't think it's impossible that they might try to put a twist on the story. Kokone was said to be a key character in the game so I think there may be a number of stuff on her relationships in the game.

It seems to me like they're kind of re-enacting some elements of Phoenix's story in the first game. Kokone's first case is defending her childhood friend, and the rival prosecutor is hinted to be of significance to her. Jin can be a friend, relative, mentor, etc. and most likely a person that Kokone wants to prove innocent. Although, unlike Edgeworth, Jin's already imprisoned for the murder he may or may not have committed.

Kokone is also said to be a person who wants to prove people's innocence through emotions, and this seems to go with reading Jin who is also said to be real good at Psychology by changing his tone of voice and such, which means he can be good at hiding his emotions.

It can happen or it may not, but I think it's possible and a nice twist if in the last trial, Kokone tries to prove Jin's innocence but it turns out he's guilty unlike Edgeworth. It can bring a lot of interesting scenarios, at least in my opinion. Of course, this is just a theory.

So you're saying that it's likely they're gonna pull a Star Wars?

C-A

Derper

CatMuto wrote:
Reglare wrote:

So you're saying that it's likely they're gonna pull a Star Wars?

C-A

It's possible. I do doubt the theory since it's only on one aspect of the story and it doesn't seem to go with the theme that much, and what may be Jin's agenda.

"boing"

I guess I should come out of hiding to post my thoughts regarding our recent info.

Spoiler: General Timeline
I am 100% sure that Case 2 is a flashback case, due to certain details no one is taking note of.

Case 1 is the bombing, which means that if there are no fatalities, possible injuries would either include burns from the explosion, or broken bones and/or flesh wounds due to falling debris.

Apollo is our only known victim of this bombing, and he is seen wearing bandages over his arms.
That fact alone proves he either suffered second/third degree burns, or received multiple flesh wounds on both his arms.
If he "broke" his arms, he would have a cast.
Now, since he didn't break his arms, there is no way he would look perfectly fine in the following case.

I don't know about fans who say otherwise, but a few months or not, burn scars and stitches don't simply "disappear."
His arms are perfectly flawless in his alternate artwork
I would also point out if the damage in Apollo's eye is so severe that he needs to wrap a bandage straight around, his eyes wouldn't be so proportional in Case 2. There should be a scar or a sagging eyelid. Even Hobo Phoenix has had some eyebag problems, and that's just from fatigue.

I may be completely incorrect though.

Spoiler: Quick (Crack) Theories Regarding Random Information
-Phoenix is only playable in Case 1 and is a bait-and-switch attorney. Payne bro is found guilty, but he is not the bomber.
-Trucy's disappearance is caused by the bombing incident. She was most likely working with Apollo, and suffered major burns moreso than Justice. She is staying in a hospital run by Hottie.
-Apollo will be playable in Case 3, set about a month after Case 1, and will involve investigating the bombing incident, and I would assume the mystery was never completely solved in Case 1 a la Turnabout Trump.
-Out of the left field, Kokone is the Defense in Case 4, still involving the bombing, and Black Jack will be the prime suspect. Since I'm a sucker for Neni's Prosecutor Justice Theory, he will be the opponent as there is no other prosecutor available. Unless it's Old Payne which would be just as badass.
-Phoenix stays behind the scenes, which will be no different from his role in Apollo Justice. He and Trucy hold the ace, and Trucy will testify.
-Kokone and Justice will work together a la Farewell, My Turnabout, and they will complement each other so well that Black Jack is found guilty by the end.
-Justice will finally have in name screamed in court by none other than the guilty party.
By the end of the game, Kokone and Justice will have HOT SEX.

The stinger at the end sets up Kokone as the next protagonist.

THE END

Tired Med Student

Dougle wrote:
-Phoenix is only playable in Case 1 and is a bait-and-switch attorney. Payne bro is found guilty, but he is not the bomber.
-Trucy's disappearance is caused by the bombing incident. She was most likely working with Apollo, and suffered major burns moreso than Justice. She is staying in a hospital run by Hottie.
-Apollo will be playable in Case 3, set about a month after Case 1, and will involve investigating the bombing incident, and I would assume the mystery was never completely solved in Case 1 a la Turnabout Trump.
-Out of the left field, Kokone is the Defense in Case 4, still involving the bombing, and Black Jack will be the prime suspect. Since I'm a sucker for Neni's Prosecutor Justice Theory, he will be the opponent as there is no other prosecutor available. Unless it's Old Payne which would be just as badass.
-Phoenix stays behind the scenes, which will be no different from his role in Apollo Justice. He and Trucy hold the ace, and Trucy will testify.
-Kokone and Justice will work together a la Farewell, My Turnabout, and they will complement each other so well that Black Jack is found guilty by the end.
-Justice will finally have in name screamed in court by none other than the guilty party.

THE END

...I will honestly hate capcom forever if they pull something like that.

Would be awesome if Edgeworth were in this game helping them outside of court or something though.

Also, welcome to the forums :edgy:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Dougle wrote:

I'll buy into this. As a second attorney working at Wright Anything Agency, her potential for playability automatically skyrockets... for future games.

Quote:
Black Jack

This... this is a splendid name for him. Why didn't I think of that?
And then Capcom can get a guest appearance from Jack Black for the English dub
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Spoiler: Weird Theory
I have a feeling that Jin is going to be related to Apollo's father in some way. I don't know why, but I do.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

I think Klavier will be prosecutor for the final case (or at least at some point in the game). Hey, don't want to break tradition, right? Edgeworth returned for GS2, Franziska got a stint in GS3...it's Klavier's turn, ja? :kyouya:

Totally not my sig...

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

Dougle wrote:
I guess I should come out of hiding to post my thoughts regarding our recent info.

I am 100% sure that Case 2 is a flashback case, due to certain details no one is taking note of.

Case 1 is the bombing, which means that if there are no fatalities, possible injuries would either include burns from the explosion, or broken bones and/or flesh wounds due to falling debris.

Apollo is our only known victim of this bombing, and he is seen wearing bandages over his arms.
That fact alone proves he either suffered second/third degree burns, or received multiple flesh wounds on both his arms.
Now, since he didn't break his arms, there is no way he would look perfectly fine in the following case.

I don't know about fans who say otherwise, but a few months or not, burn scars and stitches don't simply "disappear."
I would also point out if the damage in Apollo's eye is so severe that he needs to wrap a bandage straight around, his eyes wouldn't be so proportional in Case 2. There should be a scar or a sagging eyelid. Even Hobo Phoenix has had some eyebag problems, and that's just from fatigue.

Spoiler:
But then again, this is a series where people can walk away from being shot point blank, falling from burning bridges into freezing rivers, eating poisoned necklaces, and getting sent flying into poles after being hit by a car with little more than a few temporary aches and pains. Maybe by this point the writers are just thinking "Pssh, third degree burns? What are THOSE?". :hobolaugh:

ImageImage

[/spoiler]
Dougle wrote:

I may be completely incorrect though.

THE END

Spoiler:
I agree with you about Case 2 being a flashback case. Not just about Apollo's burns, but I just can't imagine Capcom would go through the trouble of creating a whole new look for Apollo just to have him revert back to his old look one case later. I think Case 2 will show exactly what caused Apollo's new look, not just the burns but the whole new "darker" attitude he seems to have. I know a lot of people don't like the whole "Prosecutor Justice" theory and I realize that the chances of it actually happening are very slim, but I still kinda lean towards Apollo appearing as the surprise prosecutor in the final case. I also think the final case will involve Jin as the suspect for being behind the courtroom bombing and that Apollo will prosecute in order to make sure Jin is brought to justice (yeah, bad pun I know) since he was a victim in the bombing and would most likely have a vendetta against Jin.

The only thing I disagree with you about is Wright only being playable in Case 1. I definitely think that this game is being hyped as Wright's return to court, so I really hope it isn't a bait and switch. That said, I think it's very possible the Kokone could handle the first part of the final case against Apollo, similar to Edgeworth in T&T, but Phoenix will take over and do battle with his former protege. I also think that Jin will be found innocent, and Apollo will have some kind of a revelation similar to Edgeworth in GS1 and will return to being a defense attorney after the final case is over.

ekree wrote:
Dougle wrote:

Spoiler:
But then again, this is a series where people can walk away from being shot point blank, falling from burning bridges into freezing rivers, eating poisoned necklaces, and getting sent flying into poles after being hit by a car with little more than a few temporary aches and pains. Maybe by this point the writers are just thinking "Pssh, third degree burns? What are THOSE?". :hobolaugh:

You forget, they already passed that point when they made nobody die in the explosion in the first place.
Willing suspension of disbelief will only take the audience so far.

One thing I still find wierd (though that may have already been cleared up, I haven't kept up with the released material as closely myself) is that the bomming case seems to have an investigation stage - something that's never been present in first cases. It makes you wonder if the bomming case is really the first case at all, or if it's a later case that Capcom have made seem like the first to keep important details about the real first case hidden (just rattled that one of off the top of my head).

Spoiler:
One theory that I can come up with is that the alleged "First" and "Second" cases are actually in reverse order, with the Apollo case really being the first (in game), and it being the case the bomb originally goes off in. It would explain why the bombing case has an investigation stage, and why Apollo looks completely unscaved.

Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

beterbomen wrote:
ekree wrote:
Dougle wrote:

Spoiler:

You forget, they already passed that point when they made nobody die in the explosion in the first place.

One thing I still find wierd (though that may have already been cleared up, I haven't kept up with the released material as closely myself) is that the bomming case seems to have an investigation stage - something that's never been present in first cases. It makes you wonder if the bomming case is really the first case at all, or if it's a later case that Capcom have made seem like the first to keep important details about the real first case hidden (just rattled that one of off the top of my head).

Spoiler:
One theory that I can come up with is that the alleged "First" and "Second" cases are actually in reverse order, with the Apollo case really being the first (in game), and it being the case the bomb originally goes off in. It would explain why the bombing case has an investigation stage, and why Apollo looks completely unscaved.

Spoiler:
I was thinking that too, but the fact that Winston Payne's brother is the prosecutor in that case seems to solidify it being the first case due to the ongoing trend of featuring a Payne in the first case.

TheIdioteque wrote:
beterbomen wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I was thinking that too, but the fact that Winston Payne's brother is the prosecutor in that case seems to solidify it being the first case due to the ongoing trend of featuring a Payne in the first case.

Spoiler:
But do we actually have proof that Payne.2 is actually prosecuting that case? Again, I haven't checked the new material yet, so I might be wrong about this, but from what I last saw, all we have is a single slide of him behind the prosecutor's desk, without much indication of what that case is about.

Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Derper

beterbomen wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
beterbomen wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
But do we actually have proof that Payne.2 is actually prosecuting that case? Again, I haven't checked the new material yet, so I might be wrong about this, but from what I last saw, all we have is a single slide of him behind the prosecutor's desk, without much indication of what that case is about.

Spoiler:
He is the prosecutor for Case 1 actually. Unless Capcom lied and the footage of him prosecuting during Case 1 isn't really in the final game.

Also, if you meant the TGS footage with Kokone and Phoenix investigating and finding a bomb. The area is actually from what seems to be a mansion in Case 2, so it's possible it's a red herring and Barashima doesn't appear there.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Reglare wrote:
Spoiler:
He is the prosecutor for Case 1 actually. Unless Capcom lied and the footage of him prosecuting during Case 1 isn't really in the final game.

Also, if you meant the TGS footage with Kokone and Phoenix investigating and finding a bomb. The area is actually from what seems to be a mansion in Case 2, so it's possible it's a red herring and Barashima doesn't appear there.

Spoiler:
Yes he does. I doubt they'd remove the entire suspenseful scene of Phoenix and Kokone stumbling upon Barashima hiding behind a door and Kokone's only moment when she calls him "Chief" just so the first case doesn't have an investigation phase. It's about time they allowed the first case in the games to be expanded upon, so it doesn't seem so short and makes for more drama.

And just what about that mansion makes it look like it's in Kyuubi Village? They already have their own big-mansion-sitting-on-the-outskirts-of-town kind of place, and there's a picture of an old guy on the back wall. Apollo and Kokone head in there and meet some oddball who looks like a photographer. If he is ANYTHING like Brushel... *shudder*

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Derper

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Reglare wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yes he does. I doubt they'd remove the entire suspenseful scene of Phoenix and Kokone stumbling upon Barashima hiding behind a door and Kokone's only moment when she calls him "Chief" just so the first case doesn't have an investigation phase. It's about time they allowed the first case in the games to be expanded upon, so it doesn't seem so short and makes for more drama.

And just what about that mansion makes it look like it's in Kyuubi Village? They already have their own big-mansion-sitting-on-the-outskirts-of-town kind of place, and there's a picture of an old guy on the back wall. Apollo and Kokone head in there and meet some oddball who looks like a photographer. If he is ANYTHING like Brushel... *shudder*

Spoiler:
It looks like it's in Kyuubi Village because it has fox Statues, trophies, and and a wrestling belt, which pretty much fits with the wrestler who's most likely your client for case 2 based on the case art.

On the other hand, Phoenix stills handles the investigation in that scene even in the new screens, so Case 2 being a flashback is actually still possible if something bad happens in Day 1 Trial, and Phoenix takes over during Investigation Day 2.

Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps