Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Dual Destinies "basically achieved projected sales"Topic%20Title

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/01/capco ... ow-projec/

Capcom noted in its most recent financial report that Dual Destinies "basically achieved projected sales".
After all the talk of Ace Attorney games not meeting financial expectations and how that figures into the game being localized or not, this is the most comforting news I've heard in a while. Hopefully this means that when the next game in the series rolls around, we'll be getting it, too!
Re: Dual Destinies "basically achieved projected sales"Topic%20Title

迷探偵

If you check the link, you can clearly see it's the financial report of Capcom Japan (as well over the period april~september), which means that it means nothing for the English version of Dual Destinies.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

It will take some time to we clearly see the commercial performance of GS5 here in the West. Not even ten days have passed since the game was released.

To my knowledge GS has always done well in Japan. Here's hoping that it rocks North America too so that we won't have to wait another 5 years for the next game. I mean the game is getting good reviews, and whatever costs cuts they got from making it download only HOPEFULLY made the game a success overseas.

High level play

So the game met the sales expectations, that good to hear.

Is there any information about the sales in the US and Europe? Because I believe that Athena spoke various European languages (or at least some phrases) to make the game more appealing for the European market in particular.

I'm hoping it paid off so Capcom will take our continent more serious as a potential market for these kinds of products.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Beauty and grace.

I wonder what exactly those sales expectations were though. This could be good or bad for us.

Apollon Flame

Sjibbey wrote:
Because I believe that Athena spoke various European languages (or at least some phrases) to make the game more appealing for the European market in particular.

Is that seriously the reason why they made her say phrases in various idioms? The same reason Nick traveled there a couple of times? :udgey:

Other than that, Dual Destinies has stayed for a couple of straight days on the Nintendo 3DS' eShop Best Sellers category first place, surpassing games like Pokemon X and Y (granted, they have physical releases).
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:
Because I believe that Athena spoke various European languages (or at least some phrases) to make the game more appealing for the European market in particular.

Is that seriously the reason why they made her say phrases in various idioms? The same reason Nick traveled there a couple of times? :udgey:

No, it's the same old thing where whenever America is discussed in the Japanese version, it's translated to Europe because the setting is shifted during localization.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps