Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

[PyWright] Turnabout of the Golden Witch (Complete)Topic%20Title

An Ace Attorney x Umineko no Naku Koro ni fancase on the PyWright casemaker.

I've pretty much only lurked these forums in the past, but I've enjoyed some of the content the wonderful creative folks here have produced over the years. Hopefully there will be some interest here as well for an admittedly niche premise. While crossovers typically don't do it for me, the idea of Beatrice and Battler squaring off in a court room was too fun for me not to pursue. No promises about how well it worked out, of course!

The case is completed and can be downloaded here: https://xak.itch.io/turnabout-of-the-golden-witch

More details on the project page, but just want to reiterate here: the case could be considered to have light spoilers for episode 2 of Umineko. If you are familiar with the red and blue truths, you should be fine. It might not be as enjoyable if you're not already familiar with the two main characters, though! Also, if you have not finished Umineko, do not read the "prologue" PDF. It is optional, but has potential spoilers for all of Umineko.

Apologies in advance for any bugs or hiccups. I've noted one on the project page, and recently some players have stumbled on a rare one where sprites stop showing up onscreen. The latter is fixable with a reset/reload from an older save file, and is unfortunately a known bug with this version of PyWright. Sorry about that.

Thanks for reading, and if you decide to check out the game, I hope you enjoy it!
Re: [PyWright] Turnabout of the Golden Witch (Complete)Topic%20Title

Ace Lion

Just started playing this case, and I must say it's a very solid case, with good mystery and good characters, especially Battler and Beatrice, they don't feel OOC at all. However, I feel a bit stupid, because I just got stuck on Hawkeye's second testimony.

Spoiler:
Namely, the one with the culprit hiding. My theory is, that the culprit was in Hall E, and while Hawkeye was checking Hall C or D, they slipped into Hall A, where he waited until the patrol got away. But of course it would have been quite a risky plan, after all, the culprit couldn't know beforehand, that Hawkeye checked ever hall once. However, I have no better idea, and tried presenting the floor plans multiple plans without success. Am I on the right track(just trying wiuth wrong evidence), or the soulution is something totally different. In which case, I would be grateful for a little hint, since I'm really stuck here.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, that bit is certainly tricky... Here's a hint:

Spoiler:
Your theory definitely has merit - but nothing Hawkeye is saying can be directly contradicted, as you may have noticed. He's just stating the facts of his search for now. So if you can't present evidence, all you can do is press him. I'm sure you've already tried pressing every statement, though... That being the case, what's the only thing left that you can change up about how you press him?

I can give a more explicit hint too, if you'd like. I do slightly regret putting that annoying bit in so early in the case, but I had to gate the player at the triple testimony so that they'd be able to freely press around through the different testimonies :payne:

Looks great! I really loved Umineko, but I forgot a lot about it. I think I'm going to go through the VN once again before trying your case...

See you in one month! :will:

(I'm joking. Downloading your fangame right now)

Ace Lion

Thanks for the hint, I was finally able to crack the testimony.(And yes, it was a bit evil, but still logical, so I think there's nothing wrong with it.) Also, just reached
Spoiler:
Luther's new testimony, and I must say, I'm very impressed so far. I also really liked the "Tetris" contradiction, I had to think about it for a good few minutes, so it wasn't easy, but still not too hard, just the perfect balance. It was very clever too. And yes, a locked room mystery, it really feels like Umineko now. :redd: :redd:

All in all, I think that so far it's a very solid case, and I can recommend it to anyone :will: Can't wait to play through the rest of the case. So, back to testmony cracking :godot:

PS:
Spoiler:
Big thumbs up for using dancing pipe multiple times. :will: it's one of the best OST of Umineko, so it's quite disappointing, that you can only hear it once there, but it seems you fixed this problem here. :godot:

KirbyWright wrote:
Looks great! I really loved Umineko, but I forgot a lot about it. I think I'm going to go through the VN once again before trying your case...

See you in one month! :will:

(I'm joking. Downloading your fangame right now)

Shouldn't need more than a familiarity with Umineko, really. Hope you enjoy it!

Doma998 wrote:
Thanks for the hint, I was finally able to crack the testimony.(And yes, it was a bit evil, but still logical, so I think there's nothing wrong with it.) Also, just reached
Spoiler:
Luther's new testimony, and I must say, I'm very impressed so far. I also really liked the "Tetris" contradiction, I had to think about it for a good few minutes, so it wasn't easy, but still not too hard, just the perfect balance. It was very clever too. And yes, a locked room mystery, it really feels like Umineko now. :redd: :redd:

All in all, I think that so far it's a very solid case, and I can recommend it to anyone :will: Can't wait to play through the rest of the case. So, back to testmony cracking :godot:

PS:
Spoiler:
Big thumbs up for using dancing pipe multiple times. :will: it's one of the best OST of Umineko, so it's quite disappointing, that you can only hear it once there, but it seems you fixed this problem here. :godot:

Good job getting past it - should be smoother sailing from there.

Glad you're enjoying it so far! Getting to use the umi OST is a big perk of the setting, of course :)

I can give a more explicit hint too, if you'd like. I do slightly regret putting that annoying bit in so early in the case, but I had to gate the player at the triple testimony so that they'd be able to freely press around through the different testimonies mobdro
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games