Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 2[ 60 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: PyWright Version 1.1 SDL 2 GPU Acceleration and Python 3Topic%20Title

Quote:
Hi Scoopa, just letting you know the bottom screen background issue is one of those things are actually just missing in the coding of the game.
To add the background for the move list, just set the bottom screen image in the code with:
"bg (imagename) y=192 stack" and it should fix it.

Oh okay, thank you! I will look to fix it in that case.

Quote:
Also the CR button hitbox is based on the image being used for it. If you want a smaller hitbox, you'll need a smaller image (which inevitably will be rectangular because the nature of png images.)

That's weird because the hitbox is wider than the png. Regardless, it can still be changed in the engine code.

Quote:
I don't really have a good way of telling if text is ACII only, but I increased the list and textbox font size by 1. I feel it looks better now. (though it is still kinda wonky)

I agree, it still looks kinda wonky. I think the best compromise is to have the default font be the good looking ASCII font, and have the people who want to use unicode use the unicode font. To be honest it's the only reason I can see to still use v0.989 at this point.

Quote:
I'm not planning to add the court record pressed image because the court record opens as soon as the button is pressed. (not after release)

That's actually a detail I really liked in v0.989, where they had it on mouse over - not mouse press. Still though all pywright versions have the problem of when you press down a button and move the cursor away, the press-down image stays and doesn't go back to the default, which is the same bug I mentioned a few days ago with regards to the big button.

Another minor thing, could you add the games folder, albeit empty, in the release? Otherwise you always have to create it when copying in games and maybe new users will get confused.

Quote:
I think the best compromise is to have the default font be the good looking ASCII font, and have the people who want to use unicode use the unicode font. To be honest it's the only reason I can see to still use v0.989 at this point.

I get what you mean, but I was mostly worried about someone trying to use unicode and then thinking it didn't work because boxes showed up.

Quote:
Another minor thing, could you add the games folder, albeit empty, in the release? Otherwise you always have to create it when copying in games and maybe new users will get confused.

I can probably add that. I'll need to play with my git ignore a bit.

Quote:
I get what you mean, but I was mostly worried about someone trying to use unicode and then thinking it didn't work because boxes showed up.

I think if they're using v1.1 then they'll know it. Maybe add a warning or explanation in the top of the readme?

Vee She/Her

Hello! I am experiencing this error!
it does not let me open pywright, reinstall worked before, but not anymore :larry:

Could someone help me? I'm not sure if I'm just dumb or what but how do I install the latest release? I go to the link for 1.15.6, then I download the zip. Then I extract it and try to run the exe and I get this:

Am I just doing something wrong? When I download v0.989 that's packaged with COI I just get the zip, extract, and run the exe and it works fine. Am I missing something here?

-JingleBellss

I'm not quite sure what the issue is. I just downloaded from the link to test and it seems to work on my end. Did you use this link? (https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gpu-dist) (or this link https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gp ... es/V1.15.6)
I downloaded both the version from the main and the release to test and they both seem to work for me. From what I'm seeing it seems to be a python issue. (You don't need python installed to run PyWright. It comes with it.)

I made some changes to the newest release to try and fix the issue, but I'm not sure if it was actually fixed.

-flojo_jojo
It seems like you might have a system issue because you are missing a library file that comes with Windows. You can try following the instructions on this page to fix it. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... 6e85d4094e)
Also, the way you downloaded/installed it is fine.

I made some changes to the newest release to try and fix the issue so you can try that first if you want before trying the instructions on the website.

The latest release (1.15.7) should be available here (https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gp ... es/V1.15.7) or here (https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gpu-dist).

Vee She/Her

[quote="fartherorbit"]-JingleBellss

I'm not quite sure what the issue is. I just downloaded from the link to test and it seems to work on my end. Did you use this link? (https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gpu-dist) (or this link https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gp ... es/V1.15.6)
I downloaded both the version from the main and the release to test and they both seem to work for me. From what I'm seeing it seems to be a python issue. (You don't need python installed to run PyWright. It comes with it.)

I made some changes to the newest release to try and fix the issue, but I'm not sure if it was actually fixed.

hi! clearing my log fixed that issue! also i have python installed for coding other stuff :P

thank you!

Okay, that's good to hear.

Vee She/Her

fartherorbit wrote:
Okay, that's good to hear.

sigh, now i get this even on 1.15.7 and it wont run even when i delete the log file ;-;

Okay, I'm not really sure what it could be but my only other guess is there might be an issue with the way the program is interacting with your system. I've updated my python to the newest version and fixed an issue with an extra init command for pygame for my newest build to try and see if one of those were causing the issue. You can try the build if you want but IDK if it will fix anything.

It is here (https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gpu-dist) and is not listed under releases. The version number will be the same as 1.15.7.

Vee She/Her

fartherorbit wrote:
Okay, I'm not really sure what it could be but my only other guess is there might be an issue with the way the program is interacting with your system. I've updated my python to the newest version and fixed an issue with an extra init command for pygame for my newest build to try and see if one of those were causing the issue. You can try the build if you want but IDK if it will fix anything.

It is here (https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gpu-dist) and is not listed under releases. The version number will be the same as 1.15.7.

it works so far, ill keep you updated if it breaks, thank you for being responsive!

I've been trying to play this with Apollo Justice: Appeal to Truth and there have been issues.

First, it crashes when it attempts to save. The workaround for this that I run the python scripts with the latest python and latest libraries. Second, Profiles seem not to work, it just crashes.

Can it be checked if checking profiles work during investigations?

Edit: Seems to be for just this fancase. Conflicts of Interest seems to work fine in regards to profiles.

Sorry for the delayed response. The save crashes were caused by some debugging code that was left in. The profiles crash was caused by some new code that was meant to fix the profile and evidence buttons not becoming highlighted when pressed on. They don't seem to highlight in Appeal to Truth, but at least it shouldn't crash anymore.

The fixed version is available here as version 1.15.9:
https://gitlab.com/farorbit/pywright-gp ... es/V1.15.9

Goat Gaming

Damm what happen to the repo? it got archive :sadshoe:

the last romantic alive

hey, is this still being worked on? I love the idea of porting pyWright to a more updated engine and I really want this project to continue and be finished one day

Potentially in the future, something could be done about this. For now I have unlocked the repos.

Last edited by fartherorbit on Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

the last romantic alive

fartherorbit wrote:
Potentially in the future, something could be done about this. For now I have unlocked the repos.

got it

Heya! Is there a reason that my game would be looping on trying to select "New Game"? I set everything up in much the same way that the tutorial here said to, but it just keeps looping back to the main menu when I click it. It's pretty frustrating, is there anything that can be done? If you need me to post my script, let me know. I'm unsure which I would need to, so don't want to clog up this post with everything.

UPDATE: Music called in script1 seems to play after hitting new game, so it's clearly loading the case, the menu just isn't going away at all. Is it loading the case underneath the menu?

DOUBLE UPDATE: Think I found the root of the problem, my script1. When I replace the guts of a working case's script 1, it skips every part of it until script2 at the end, which it goes to. The game seems to be executing only the beginning and end of the script, skipping the middle. In the case of my own game, it just skipped straight to the end of the script after changing the music (hence going back to the case select/new game menu). Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my script? Seems serviceable. Tried it spaced out and clumped.

bg pw1/campingsiteb (tried this with just campingsiteb and the /pw1)
mus prologue.ogg
char ema e=cheerful
"Wow!{p20} it's so pretty here!"
char phoenix hide
"No kidding, this place is really nice."
char ema e=cheerful
"Thank you so much, Phoenix! I know I'm doing rookie work, but I really needed this."
char phoenix hide
"Oh, yeah, I gotcha. Back when I was in law school, I was constantly exhausted."

I just tested your code, and it doesn't seem to loop to me. Is it maybe a different part of the game? https://youtu.be/Qjm3GewFZfc
Page 2 of 2 [ 60 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Present Evidence » Games