Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 44 of 131[ 5216 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 131  Next

Re: PWLib Casemaker (Released 1.0b at 21/07/2008 11:08PM GMT-3)Topic%20Title

Sure thing. Here's the link to Trucy again:

Link

I've decided to do Apollo next. But with my studies starting again time'll be in short supply. It's uncertain how much of it I'll devote to 'pollo.

KSA, is there a way to display animated stuff besides or on top of the character? Like Dahlia's butterflies, for example.

PWLib / AIGE developer

When me and KSA manage to isolate and fix the issues rendering me unable to use AIGE, #1 More people will be able to use AIGE #2 I will swiftly wrap up and finish the Case Selection screen.

Although I admit, the Case Selection screen isn't 100% accurate, it's pretty darn close that unless you want to go at it with a microscope and scalpel, it should be accurate enough for you to enjoy.
If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
"(Not)Guilty" for PWLib | Emergency Case Selection Fixes
Case 1-1 for PWLib | Pearl

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

PWLib had the power for multi-cases since 1.0, but no case selection screen, that DDKhat is working in it now.

PWLib 1.1 most probably won't contain it since the issues he just had.

My current list of todos:
-Fix Render Issue (I got a way to test and find where the issue is, but i'm not sure it would take 1 or 2 days to fix the issue)
-Add Real Functions (this will spaw things like custom commands)
-Add MLS (this will inpact pwlib and aige once done correctly)
-Add Defines (to define a variable that never changes)

On 400 people will notice that parsing errors will change (they will get a Couldn't Link Command instead of the Unknown Command). This won't change the programming way: it is only a preparation for the Custom Commands).

Yes, there is a way to add additional things to screen. Create an Generic Object and attach an animation to it. In court, you would have an issue with the sliding. You can use as is until i finish the layering on objects.

Time to make AIGE more professional and see it work on the majority of pcs.

---
Edit: About the Custom Commands (how it will be)

//PW Messenger
[mycommand](void)(string,[message]) ascommand("message_player")
runscript("setlipsynctonone");
message([message]);

//Using
[game]
message_player("My name is Phoenix Wright!");
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Quote:
//PW Messenger
[mycommand](void)(string,[message]) ascommand("message_player")
runscript("setlipsynctonone");
message([message]);

//Using
[game]
message_player("My name is Phoenix Wright!");

Wait a sec.
So what we have here is a command-thingy with the returntype(?) void and a string parameter called [message]. The command is executed by typing message_player("text").
Am I correct?
Why doesn't it say "message_player" where it says "mycommand"?

It seems this thing works sort of like pwlib functions, but with parameters and a return value (how can it be used? If it is what I think it is, that is)

Now I've got a bunch of silly-dumb ideas of stuff that can be done with all that's in the next release.

This format won't be on aige 400 (unless I get lucky and do it before 1.1 release). If iot wasn't the stupid render issue, it would be done by now.

They are what i call "real functions". The format people played with up until now is called "script block". I tend to call it function by convenience.

[fname](return type)(parameters) keywords

ascommand("") is a keyword. It assigns the command in its param to a runscript("fname"); (and also will pass the params to it).

AHLSL Functions will be used this way:
Suppose a function defined as:
//Adds two ints
[add](int)(int,[a],int,[b])
modifyvar([a],"+",[b]);
returnv([a]);

to call it:
prepareparameters(2,3);
runscript("add");
getreturn([result]); //return will contain 5 (2+3)

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

End Quote.

Well, the forums are back. Sadly my PC exploded recently so I can't work on my music/sound packs (on my laptop atm). Can't wait for Hayase 1.1 however :D
ImageImage

PWLib / AIGE developer

Maelstrom wrote:
Well, the forums are back. Sadly my PC exploded recently so I can't work on my music/sound packs (on my laptop atm). Can't wait for Hayase 1.1 however :D
Ya'know, I feel rather robbed now.. I realized after doing about half my own mp3s that loop seemlessly.. that you had done them also. Not sure how well yours loop, I can't say I've downloaded them. I'm sorry for that. makes me feel like I've ruined all the work you did when I use my own loop s :beef:

Just some info for you people:

After months of research, finally I reached a breakthrough in AIGE: Found the Render Issue and fixed it.
PWLib will ship with AIGE 0.9.500 (400 with render issue fixed). Stay tuned. I haven't tested this much on the field, but DDKhat, who had the render issue, was able to run AIGE.

Tip: never forget your RHW.

:minuki:

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Finally! Now I will be able to make RM:AA in PyWright, PWLib and CM2 (or 3). Just great!

PWLib / AIGE developer

DeMatador wrote:
Finally! Now I will be able to make RM:AA in PyWright, PWLib and CM2 (or 3). Just great!
We can't guarantee it will work on all graphics cards. However. We have isolated the issue, and so it should just be a matter of him working the code to make the additional non-working graphics cards able to run.

There are however at present some rather odd graphical glitches so they might need to be overcome, however, I am trying to push for completing the case selection screen, so we shall see how that goes.

Once PWLib 1.1 and AIGE 500 get released, I'll be able to diagnose recurring issues that might appear.

Now I can work on the real functions.

KSA Technology unveils plans for new PWLib tutorial book!

With the near release of PWLib 1.1, the currently available tutorial book "PWLib In A Nutshell" for PWLib started to show its age, and KSA Technology started to draw plans for a new tutorial book (named "PWLib Unleashed"). Differently from the first book, the new one will contain original drawings and tutorials written in partnership with PWLib community at Court Records Forums. Anyone who wishes to help, please leave a note.

-from KSA Technology HQ Website (http://www.ksatechnologyhq.com:1357/)

-------------
Piece of the old times:
http://www.ksatechnologyhq.com:1357/pwlib/PWLib_In_a_Nutshell.png

:minuki: :maya: :pearl: :keiko:

I can help in this task ;) But my english can be weird sometimes :udgy:

PWLib / AIGE developer

Maelstrom wrote:
Gyakuten Saiban 1-4 Looping Music Packs

These are my music packs for use with PWLib (although I don't mind people using them for other purposes). They are in Ogg format and are made to loop seamlessly.

The tracks are sometimes split into 2 files, one called "intro" and one called "loop". The intro file obviously contains the start of the file, when certain songs have different intros to the rest of the song.. these files aren't necessarily supposed to loop, but some do kinda loop. The tracks marked "loop" will loop seamlessly, but will miss off the intro part of the track.

Here are links to the releases (so far);
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Music Pack
Phoenix Wright: Justice For All Music Pack

Okay, hopefully I don't sound completely anal annoying about this. But I personally believe some of your AA loops could be performed a little better. Such as the Courtroom Lounge one. The intro to it is only 2 seconds where as yours lasts 33 seconds. Your objection loop needs to be lengthened to 22 seconds (theres a difference in the base tune) I haven't sat and gone through them all yet, but this is what I had noticed so far.
Cornered intros can be cut down also.

-Notepad addicted-

First of all: This is a great Maker.
I'm a programmer, and I'm loving this tool. Simple and efficient.

Well, about AIGE: on my PC, it just doesn't render text correctly.

Image Image

I've correctly installed the "pwfont" in C:/windows/font, and set the msgbox size to 11 [like default setup does].
Ok, maybe it happens only on my machine.
There's a solution for this little inconvenience?
Thank you!

[and sorry for my bad english >_>]

You should use the Simple Text Render (setting textrendermode to Simple on config.cfg). Accelerated has some issues in some vcards.

-Notepad addicted-

Now it works very fine!

Thank you very much! :minuki:

Quick news:

I'm waiting for DDKhat's Case Selection Screen code to prepare AIGE 0.9.500 and PWLib 1.1 for release.

So, i am back now. Why we need a new guide? There will be big changes? The codes will be changed?

PWLib commands do not change on 1.1, but we have lots of new ones. Also I feel that we need a better tutorial book then PWLib In A Nutshell. It's old and patching it won't be nice in the end. A new organization would be good too.

Real Functions will change pwlib a lot (we will still have the old ground functions), so the time the book is out, it will also contain this change.

:minuki:

PWLib / AIGE developer

KSA_Tech wrote:
I'm waiting for DDKhat's Case Selection Screen code to prepare AIGE 0.9.500 and PWLib 1.1 for release.
Progress on this is coming along rapidly, I've sat down and updated the coding so it can handle an indefinite amount of cases (Thats right, you can have even more than 1024 cases! :zaviaar: ). This should be wrapped up and completed when I get home today.

It should also be easier for users to work with. It will only require you to set 3 variables (at present, might increase)
setvar([pw_episodes],5);
pw_episodes // Set this to how many episodes you have in the game.

setvar([pw_titlescript],"titlepage");
pw_titlescript // Set this variable to the name of your script that loads the titlepage

setvar([pw_episodepath],"custom/misc/");
pw_episodepath // Set this variable to where you will place the case-specific images. MUST have a / at the end!

Admittedly it's going to be restrictive on the filenames for this (I am sorry for this, but it's just the easiest way for an indefinite amount of cases) but it shouldn't be too hard to get to grips with.

caseX.png // This is the graphic for the turnabout button. A default template will be provided (Image size: 176x58 no bigger/smaller)
caseXbg.png // This is the graphic for the custom art when you complete a case. (Image size: 256x384, I personally make it POW2 compliant and just make the bottom transparent)
episodeX.png // This is the graphic that shows the Episode number. (Image size: 81x19 at present, will probably be widened to support larger than 9 in the episode number name)

The case selection screen outputs to; pw_begincaseX so for your case itself you can begin it like this;
Code:
[pw_begincase1]runscript("pw_showadvarrowmenu");
jumptoscript("lolol");

[lolol]
runscript("pw_showmessagebox");
runscript("pw_setnameboxtophoenix");
message("O-okay! Wait up!");
runscript("pw_hidemessagebox");
runscript("hidepwmenu");
jumptoscript("pw_endcase");

And finally, after you have finished your case (and faded it out/handled it in whatever fashion you would like) you simply jump to the script; pw_endcase (as seen above). This script will then report "Episode clear!" then (When implemented) Will ask the user if they wish to save, and if a new case is unlocked notify the user the new case is unlocked.

In the above explaination I put a bold X, this is a variable (a number that can always change) you personally do not have to worry about this.

[edit]
I can report that the new version of AIGe also now works on the following graphics card;
Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
[/edit]

KSA, could you change the timing of one of Trucy's animations? Just search "Trucy_Mrhat_Ventriloquism" and set the frame length of all frames to 5 ticks. It's too slow right now.

Ok. Also you forgot to add the sfx to the pack.

End Quote.

DDRKhat wrote:
Okay, hopefully I don't sound completely anal annoying about this. But I personally believe some of your AA loops could be performed a little better. Such as the Courtroom Lounge one. The intro to it is only 2 seconds where as yours lasts 33 seconds. Your objection loop needs to be lengthened to 22 seconds (theres a difference in the base tune) I haven't sat and gone through them all yet, but this is what I had noticed so far.

Well, I did this as;

1. We have no way to define points to loop from in the songs at the moment. Alot of the songs have an intro that starts with no drums, or a slightly different sound, then a looping section later in the song.

2. I figured it was easier at this point in time to have 2 files.. one that starts from the very start of the file and goes up until the section where the main "loop" starts", and a second file that is the perfect looping section (one named intro, one named loop). This way, if we do get the option to define looping points in the future, all anyone needs to do is put both the files together (as they join up seamlessly) and download the file defining the looping points, instead of redownloading a whole new pack of files.

Other than a few files, most of the "intro" files still loop, but they're not supposed to loop seamlessly obviously. So at least in their current states, if someone specifically wants the intro bit to a song, they can use it without it sounding too dodgy.
ImageImage

PWLib / AIGE developer

Maelstrom wrote:
DDRKhat wrote:

Well, I did this as;

1. We have no way to define points to loop from in the songs at the moment. Alot of the songs have an intro that starts with no drums, or a slightly different sound, then a looping section later in the song.

2. I figured it was easier at this point in time to have 2 files.. one that starts from the very start of the file and goes up until the section where the main "loop" starts", and a second file that is the perfect looping section (one named intro, one named loop). This way, if we do get the option to define looping points in the future, all anyone needs to do is put both the files together (as they join up seamlessly) and download the file defining the looping points, instead of redownloading a whole new pack of files.

Other than a few files, most of the "intro" files still loop, but they're not supposed to loop seamlessly obviously. So at least in their current states, if someone specifically wants the intro bit to a song, they can use it without it sounding too dodgy.

As I said no offense intended by this. Just it seems that your "loops" are needlessly extended in time length, a few here and there I have sliced down into approximately half the time (or some cases double, as there are subtle differences in the tune) and it still loops seemlessly.

I'm not saying your terrible, your work is appreciated, just I believe it could be a bit more accurate. Again I don't mean this in any offensive fashion I'm just saying it might be nice if you cleaned up the loops a little.

Current progress:
-Working on AHLSL Real Functions. Return Types on Functions are already identified. Functions now are able to return values (void -> nothing, int, string, boolean)

If you're going to not use pwlib because it just didn't worked for you, and didn't started creating the game, wait a bit longer. PWLib 1.1's release is close.

Now, no more "omg! I don't use pwlib because if doesn't work!" lore.

PWLib / AIGE developer

At the moment I am having minor issues with aligning, trust windows themes to have weird averse effects..
Spoiler: Preview of Case Selection

I am also waiting for AIGE to be provided with a new function so I can wrap up Case Selection.

That size issue is due to how windows are made in windows. If you say a windiow must be 800x600, you have to deduct the size of the borders. In AIGE i suppose the size of the windows vista border (same as normal xp's).

News:
-AIGE is able to identify the new function format up to the parameters and can access those variables accordingly.

[func] := normal, classic AHLSL function (script block)
[func](int) := real function type A. Allows the function to return values
[func](int)(int,[a]) := real function type B. Type A plus has parameters.

^ Ji Hye Jang

So does this mean having to rewrite functions to make them compatible? Or can I simply keep coding them the way I was before?
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

The classic functions are supported as they were on aige 250 and earlier. You can extend your functions with return and parameters (in that order).

EM Wave Change! Lauro Rosa on The Air!

Cool! but an error happened here, it says some Dll archive is missing O_O i dunno what to do!!!
help meh!
Ha...! Click the sign to go to my Deviant art.

Search on google for the dll. (it is d3dx_34.dll if i'm not wrong). Download it and put on the same folder as AIGE.exe.

90% of AIGE Real Functions complete.
900+ downloads of pwlib too.

Just tested AIGE 0.9.500 on a GeForce 4 MX 4000. Results: AIGE works.

Additional testing:
-S3G Via Chrome Pro IGP: works now.

-Notepad addicted-

Well done!

I'm preparing all Klavier Gavin's Sheets.
In a few days I'll pack it like DDRKhat did for her Kitten, so Klavier will be easily usable by anyone who needs him.

lorbel, reconsider.
Klavier is an official character and his code and sprite sheets should be organised the same way the other official characters are.
The purpose of DDRKhat's system is to make third party custom content easier to use for case writers.

Good to see another person working on characters though.

KSA, will you include the entire sound library in the next release?

Yes. AIGE 700 + PWLib 1.1 will ship with audiere dll, but not the entire set of mp3/ogg from pw (copywright issues), but Maelstorm released a pack some posts ago.

I recommend following the format of the official released characters.

-Finished AHLSL's Real Functions. Here are some samples:

Code:
[sigma](int)(int,[n])
if(<compare([n],"equal",1)>,<returnv([n])>,<null()>);
definevar([s],"int");
setvar([s],[n]);
modifyvar([s],"subtract",1);
prepareparameters([s]);
runscript("sigma");
getreturn([s]);
modifyvar([s],"add",[n]);
returnv([s]);

[fact](int)(int,[n])
if(<compare([n],"equal",1)>,<returnv([n])>,<null()>);
definevar([s],"int");
setvar([s],[n]);
modifyvar([s],"subtract",1);
prepareparameters([s]);
runscript("fact");
getreturn([s]);
modifyvar([s],"multiply",[n]);
returnv([s]);

PWLib / AIGE developer

lorbel wrote:
DDRKhat did for her Kitten,
DDRKhat (Me) is male.
Kitten (My sisters character and online name) is female.
:yogi:
Tatis Kartoffelov wrote:
Klavier is an official character and his code and sprite sheets should be organised the same way the other official characters are.
The purpose of DDRKhat's system is to make third party custom content easier to use for case writers.
While this IS true. Using my custom content system will make it moderately easy for KSA to plug it into the official prosecutors files. As long as he keeps the layout similar.

Case Selection screen is now finished for unlimited cases. Although I have a question to you all for a way to handle the "Episode X" text then it's 100% complete and submittable to KSA.

Do I;
1 - Create a Episode.png which has ; Episode 0123456789 in it and pester KSA for a function to be able to render the graphic so it can accumulate the name together or
2 - Make it require EpisodeX.png and leave the user to create a graphic for each Episode number?

p.s Judge now has more animations! if you cannot wait for the new PWLib, take the code below and put it into pwlib/pw_judge. Replace all of the code in that file with the below.
Spoiler: "Judge Code - Save Space"
// This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
// (at your option) any later version.

// This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
// GNU General Public License for more details.

// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

//Phoenix Wright Library
//Judge File

[pw_createjudge]
runscript("pw_loadjudgefiles");
//Normal
createanimation("Judge_Normal",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal",1,853,100);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal",1,240,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal",2,853,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal",2,120,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal",3,853,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal",3,0,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal",4,853,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal",4,120,0,119,169);
createanimation("Judge_Normal_Talking",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal_Talking",1,853,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal_Talking",1,240,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal_Talking",2,853,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal_Talking",2,0,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal_Talking",3,853,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal_Talking",3,120,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Normal_Talking",4,853,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Normal_Talking",4,0,170,119,169);
//Surprised
createanimation("Judge_Surprised",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised",1,854,100);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised",1,0,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised",2,854,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised",2,120,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised",3,854,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised",3,240,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised",4,854,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised",4,120,170,119,169);
createanimation("Judge_Surprised_Talking",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised_Talking",1,854,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised_Talking",1,120,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised_Talking",2,854,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised_Talking",2,240,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised_Talking",3,854,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised_Talking",3,0,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Surprised_Talking",4,854,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Surprised_Talking",4,240,0,119,169);
//Mad
createanimation("Judge_Mad",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad",1,850,100);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad",1,0,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad",2,850,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad",2,120,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad",3,850,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad",3,240,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad",4,850,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad",4,120,170,119,169);
createanimation("Judge_Mad_Talking",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad_Talking",1,850,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad_Talking",1,0,170,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad_Talking",2,850,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad_Talking",2,120,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad_Talking",3,850,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad_Talking",3,240,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Mad_Talking",4,850,5);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Mad_Talking",4,120,0,119,169);
//Nod
createanimation("Judge_Nod",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Nod",1,852,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Nod",1,240,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Nod",2,852,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Nod",2,120,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Nod",3,852,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Nod",3,0,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Nod",4,852,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Nod",4,120,0,119,169);
//No
createanimation("Judge_No",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_No",1,851,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_No",1,0,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_No",2,851,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_No",2,120,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_No",3,851,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_No",3,240,0,119,169);
insertanimationframe("Judge_No",4,851,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_No",4,120,0,119,169);
//Think
createanimation("Judge_Think",0);
insertanimationframe("Judge_Think",1,850,10);
setanimationframetexturecoordinates("Judge_Think",1,240,170,119,169);

//Judge's Namebox
[pw_setnameboxtojudge]
setmsgboxtickersound("sfx-blipmale.wav");
setgenobjgraphic("pwnamebox",112);
setgenobjtexturecoordinates("pwnamebox",150,182,50,14);
showgenobj("pwnamebox");

//Judge Expressions
[pw_enablejudgenormal]
placecharacter("pw_char",67,-41);
setcharactersize("pw_char",120,170);
setcharacteranimation("pw_char","Judge_Normal");
setcharacterlipsyncsilent("pw_char","Judge_Normal");
setcharacterlipsynctalking("pw_char","Judge_Normal_Talking");

[pw_enablejudgesurprised]
setcharacteranimation("pw_char","Judge_Surprised");
setcharacterlipsyncsilent("pw_char","Judge_Surprised");
setcharacterlipsynctalking("pw_char","Judge_Surprised_Talking");

[pw_enablejudgemad]
setcharacteranimation("pw_char","Judge_Mad");
setcharacterlipsyncsilent("pw_char","Judge_Mad");
setcharacterlipsynctalking("pw_char","Judge_Mad_Talking");

[pw_enablejudgethink]
setcharacteranimation("pw_char","Judge_Think");
setcharacterlipsyncsilent("pw_char","Judge_Think");
setcharacterlipsynctalking("pw_char","Judge_Think");

[pw_enablejudgenod]
setcharacteranimation("pw_char","Judge_Nod");
setcharacterlipsyncsilent("pw_char","Judge_Nod");
setcharacterlipsynctalking("pw_char","Judge_Nod");
setanimationrepeations("Judge_Nod",1);
wait(40);
runscript("pw_enablejudgenormal");

[pw_enablejudgeno]
setcharacteranimation("pw_char","Judge_No");
setcharacterlipsyncsilent("pw_char","Judge_No");
setcharacterlipsynctalking("pw_char","Judge_No");
setanimationrepeations("Judge_No",1);
wait(40);
runscript("pw_enablejudgenormal");

[pw_loadjudgefiles]
loadtexture(850,"PW\character\Judge\Judge_Mad.png");
loadtexture(851,"PW\character\Judge\Judge_Negate.png");
loadtexture(852,"PW\character\Judge\Judge_Nod.png");
loadtexture(853,"PW\character\Judge\Judge_Normal.png");
loadtexture(854,"PW\character\Judge\Judge_Surprised.png");

DDRKhat, it depends. If the way you've designed the whole case selection thing makes it feel natural for the writer to create their own graphics you can let them do that. However, I think it's possible for you to write a function that writes out EPISODE XYZ, where X, Y and Z are paramaters to the functions. I don't know what you mean by "unlimited cases", but at least it shouldn't be impossible to make said function write out a number of digits equal to the number of paramaters.
It'd probably result in an ugly construction (code-wise), and I'm not even sure if it's practical to implement (since I've very little experience of pwlib graphics apart from animation). Also, I suspect my idea is incompatible with the way you've done the rest of script.

KSA, could you explain what those functions do? I followed up until the "prepareparameters([s]);" line, in both examples, then got lost.

The comments for each function:

//Function: sigma
//Returns: int
//Parameters: int -> n
//Description: Calculates 1+2+3+4+...+n recursively

//Function: fact
//Returns: int
//Parameters: int -> n
//Description: Calculates n! = n*(n-1)*(n-2)*...*2*1 recursively

getreturn(); obtains the value returned by a function and puts such value on a variable of your choice.

Page 44 of 131 [ 5216 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 131  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games