Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 5 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 76  Next

Re: PW: The Contempt of Court - Turnabout ScapegoatTopic%20Title

Cardiovore wrote:
Ptapcc wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
Howdy, pardners. :jake:

After a break from working on the game, I'm pleased to say I've now started work on the final section of T-Scapegoat.
This last part will be the "lengthy final trial portion" of the case.

Progress will be slow due to Sixth Form work, preparations for university later this year, and so on...
But slowly but surely, and my first case will eventually be completed.

Good luck Cardiovore. When can I start badgering you about Case 2's killer? I can't wait to see the final part of T-Scapegoat.

I don't think I posted it but I can help you out with minor Pywright scripting stuff but that's about it. I'm tied up unfortunately.

Thanks very much, but I have the scripting under control for now.
But if I have any multi-frame sprites I need animating, I'll let you know. :garyuu:

I'll very likely be recruiting for the next three cases anyways. You're welcome to volunteer.

Oh and in response to your crossed-out section... I only have one possible plot for that case at the moment. Nothing definite, but it's just one idea.

Ah, I forgot about how I'd animate more than 10 frame sprites for you. It still is no problem so if you need them done, send them through.

Spoiler: Return of the Spoilers for TS
And Vulper will be the killer for it? No joking. Uh...is Snow going to be incriminated as the killer in anyway?

Previously Cardiovore

Do you mean "Will Snow be the accused at some point in The Contempt of Court?"
Yes he will, in Turnabout in the Snow, case 4.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Oops, I forgot about Case 4. I thought he just played a major role in it but reading over the case summary, you are right.

Previously Cardiovore

Sorry for the lack of updates... busy and stuff.

But just to announce that the rest of Scapegoat - therefore the entire game - is now planned. I just have to type it all now.
Can't name a specific date of release at this stage, but things really have taken a huge step recently and I estimate no more than a few months.

I'm on Testimony #2 of the final day trial, which will consist of around 8 testimonies in total.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Sorry for the lack of updates... busy and stuff.

But just to announce that the rest of Scapegoat - therefore the entire game - is now planned. I just have to type it all now.
Can't name a specific date of release at this stage, but things really have taken a huge step recently and I estimate no more than a few months.

I'm on Testimony #2 of the final day trial, which will consist of around 8 testimonies in total.

I share your pain as do many :p

I'm looking forward to the complete version of Scapegoat :karma:

Previously Cardiovore

A little announcement.
As I mentioned before, due to a lot of work and lack of free time, production of the final part of Turnabout Scapegoat is currently very slow. I haven't been updating much recently, and I'll be around even less these next few weeks.
But T-Scapegoat is far from dead, and I'm determined to see it through to the end, no matter how slowly I progress with it.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Apollon Flame

Cardiovore wrote:
A little announcement.
As I mentioned before, due to a lot of work and lack of free time, production of the final part of Turnabout Scapegoat is currently very slow. I haven't been updating much recently, and I'll be around even less these next few weeks.
But T-Scapegoat is far from dead, and I'm determined to see it through to the end, no matter how slowly I progress with it.

Yay! :pearl:
So can we expect T. Scapegoat in less than five weeks?
A King

in name

alone...

Previously Cardiovore

I can't say for sure at this rate.
No more than a couple of months though.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Good luck Cardiovore and I know what you mean with lack of time. I've found it hard to work on Justice's Memoirs lately :S

Spoiler: SUPER...No...MAJOR TS SPOILERS
Can't wait to see the Titus/Vex animation you have planned. I'll try and finish Snow and Vex's PNG sheets today or tomorrow, okay? :will:

Previously Cardiovore

Tap wrote:
Good luck Cardiovore and I know what you mean with lack of time. I've found it hard to work on Justice's Memoirs lately :S

Spoiler: SUPER...No...MAJOR TS SPOILERS
Can't wait to see the Titus/Vex animation you have planned. I'll try and finish Snow and Vex's PNG sheets today or tomorrow, okay? :will:

Thanks! :jake:
Spoiler: Response to Spoiler Tag
The "Titus/Vex transform" sprites will be a bitch to draw, but I know what I want for the designs.
And as for the PNG sheets... sure thing, take all the time you need.
Thanks again for your contribution! :gant:

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Previously Cardiovore

Wow... It's been nearly a month.
Nope, still not dead. Just busy.
I've only made a few updates to the currently existing version such as:
* Few dialogue tweaks
* Snow's theme and Vincenzo's objection theme have been changed. I just felt the originals didn't suit.

Oh and I'm starting to make track loops and use the set _music_loop script.

EDIT: I've decided NOT to replace Vinnie's theme, but rather use the new track for something else...
Oh and I probably won't be changing Snow's either.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Previously Cardiovore

With the two-week easter holiday I have some time to make some progress on Scapegoat now.

Anyhoo, playing it back reminded me of the fact that I used already-existing voice clips...
Yup you guessed, I'm going to be taking voice auditions for the characters. See below for characters and voice clips.

Quote:
Vincenzo Cicatrice
Type of voice: Suggests age of late 20's, quite monotonous but forceful.
Clips:
- Objection!
- Hold it!
- Take that!

Vex Vulper
Type of voice: Suggests age of early-mid 20's, loud, shouty, a bit raspy. (Kinda like Apollo's.)
Clips:
- Objection!
- Hold it! (this one needs to be more shouty and angry)

Erol Brisbane
Type of voice: Suggests age of 30's, quite deep, angry, harsh, loud. (Think Godot, but angrier.)
Clips:
- Objection!

Robert Snow
(I'm not sure whether I'll need a "Hold it!" from him or not at this moment in time... I'll let you know if I do.)

Please PM me if you're interested.
You can add the "shing!" sound effect with it or leave me to do it, I don't mind.
I'll make decisions after I've received a few for each character.

Thanks!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:

Quote:
Vex Vulper
Type of voice: Suggests age of early-mid 20's, loud, shouty, a bit raspy. (Kinda like Apollo's.)
Clips:
- Objection!

You can add the "shing!" sound effect with it or leave me to do it, I don't mind.

Thanks!

I feel like auditioning for Vulper now. I guess I'll send you the voice clips in the next sheet package, Cardiovore. That is if I can get my microphone to work :S

Previously Cardiovore

Tap wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:

Quote:
Vex Vulper
Clips:
- Objection!

Thanks!

I feel like auditioning for Vulper now. I guess I'll send you the voice clips in the next sheet package, Cardiovore. That is if I can get my microphone to work :S

Ah Tap, I was somehow expecting you :godot:
Sure thing, thanks!
FULL GAME AVAILABLE
Re: PW: Turnabout Scapegoat (now taking voice auditions)Topic%20Title

I will also me doing some Vulpers. Working on them now and they sound pretty good, at least to me.
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

Rockman FTW

Hello and it really looks like an great game.
Downloaded it and start playing but i am already stuck :yogi:
I am at the point that detective Snow gives you the permission card to go to the crime seen.
But when i select move I only can go to Detention center and Wright Law and co Office.
Tryed present everything I had to snow but only get the same answer every time.
Am i doing something wrong?

Anyways the animation are really great :edgy:

Previously Cardiovore

loewies wrote:
Hello and it really looks like an great game.
Downloaded it and start playing but i am already stuck :yogi:
I am at the point that detective Snow gives you the permission card to go to the crime seen.
But when i select move I only can go to Detention center and Wright Law and co Office.
Tryed present everything I had to snow but only get the same answer every time.
Am i doing something wrong?

Anyways the animation are really great :edgy:

Have you spoken to him about all 3 topics? (The Investigation, The Crime and The Card?) When you do, Maya should say "Well, Nick. Looks like we've got a crime scene to investigate!" When it returns to the menu, you should be able to access Verglas Bridge.

And thanks very much, glad you're enjoying it already. :edgy:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Rockman FTW

Yeah i did speak about all three topics.
(mabye i now what could created the problem i first selected the invistegation and afther that the card an then the crime)
Will try tommorw again and then in the First invstegtion then the crime and as last the the card.

If it doesnt work i will edit this post :keiko:

I'M the real Blue Badger!

Whew, just finished playing this and it was awesome! I was so thoroughly impressed with all the new visuals made just for this! The story is exciting and paced well, and the flashback case tied in very well to the present one. Can't wait to see the conclusion.

Onto some of my thoughts:
Spoiler:
1. Since by all indications, Vex is our present day killer, I thought I'd pose the obvious question: how is a known murderer out of prison? This definitely needs some explanation, seeing as Terry Fawles escape from prison was very public. If I'm totally offbase you can just shoot me down on this point.

2. Brisbane is the bomb. Seeing him go from a meek-mannered wimp to a badass with a glowing eye was all kinds of awesome. It was a nice change to have the prosecutor be more interested taking down the defendant, instead of the actual defense attorney. I can't wait to see where you take his character in the later cases, once Vinnie isn't the defendant anymore.

3. One note on the past case. Grossberg made reference to Diego facing Vex some months ago and losing, yet Vinnie says he's been comatose for two years? Some timeline error?

4. Loved the whole Gumshoe cameo and the Harry Butz nickname. Characters never calling Phoenix by his actual name never gets old. However, you mentioned Gumshoe was busy with AAI and so could not be on this case, however, that game finishes on March 15, almost two weeks before this game. If that game was any indication, it didn't matter that there were four murders in a row, Gumshoe covered each one.

5. The small piece of cloth in the flashback case, what actually ripped it off? It was proven that Brisbane didn't do it, and Vex pulled Jack by the legs, so how did it rip?

6. There was a time during the present day trial saving would crash the game. It was after you pressed Marshall about the card (instead of the body or badge) and new testimony was added.

7. I was quite impressed with how you were able to craft such an intricate story based on so few characters and only one witness for each trial, as opposed to Turnabout Substitution's many character tale, which is equally awesome. An eleven character story excluding the judge; ten seeing as Grossberg hardly speaks. My hats off to you.

8. Redd White as the mastermind behind the scenes. Ooh, this just reeked of a nice, juicy plot. I, too, was disappointed with how little his story was in the main series, as he had the potential to be a much bigger villian.

9. And finally about the future cases, are they going to go past April in-game, ignoring AJ's story?

Previously Cardiovore

BadgerBadger, thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the case so far!

EDIT: Oh yes and people, spoilers are below.

Quote:
1. Since by all indications, Vex is our present day killer, I thought I'd pose the obvious question: how is a known murderer out of prison?

Aha, THAT you will find out in the conclusion...

Quote:
2. Brisbane is the bomb. Seeing him go from a meek-mannered wimp to a badass with a glowing eye was all kinds of awesome. It was a nice change to have the prosecutor be more interested taking down the defendant, instead of the actual defense attorney. I can't wait to see where you take his character in the later cases, once Vinnie isn't the defendant anymore.

Thanks, I've never heard Brisbane described as a badass before! XD
He's angry at different people for different reasons. Such as
Spoiler:
when he tried to screw Phoenix over by telling Snow that he was harbouring another of those playing cards, and hopefully get Phoenix convicted. But thanks to the magatama, you put a stop to that. But WHY did Brisbane want that to happen to Nick...?

Quote:
3. One note on the past case. Grossberg made reference to Diego facing Vex some months ago and losing, yet Vinnie says he's been comatose for two years? Some timeline error?

Hmm, I thought that was right... Damn. It's roughly right anyway.

Quote:
4. Loved the whole Gumshoe cameo and the Harry Butz nickname. Characters never calling Phoenix by his actual name never gets old. However, you mentioned Gumshoe was busy with AAI and so could not be on this case, however, that game finishes on March 15, almost two weeks before this game. If that game was any indication, it didn't matter that there were four murders in a row, Gumshoe covered each one.

Ahh, I was hoping no one else would pick up on that...
Yeah that's a bit of a timeline error there. :payne:

Quote:
5. The small piece of cloth in the flashback case, what actually ripped it off? It was proven that Brisbane didn't do it, and Vex pulled Jack by the legs, so how did it rip?

Spoiler:
Vulper actually reached up and grabbed the back of the jacket. It was mentioned that he "reached up". Suppose I should've made it more clear.
But HOW it was ripped... it's not how you think. It'll be revealed in the conclusion.

Quote:
6. There was a time during the present day trial saving would crash the game. It was after you pressed Marshall about the card (instead of the body or badge) and new testimony was added.

PyWright crashes when you try to save the game with evidence on the screen. In this case, at certain points in Marshall's testimony, the little evidence boxes appeared in the top corner. Be careful of those.

Quote:
7. I was quite impressed with how you were able to craft such an intricate story based on so few characters and only one witness for each trial, as opposed to Turnabout Substitution's many character tale, which is equally awesome. An eleven character story excluding the judge; ten seeing as Grossberg hardly speaks. My hats off to you.

Thanks! To be perfectly honest, it's a miracle my story even works... It was mostly ad-lib. :payne: I won't get lucky like that again.

Quote:
8. Redd White as the mastermind behind the scenes. Ooh, this just reeked of a nice, juicy plot. I, too, was disappointed with how little his story was in the main series, as he had the potential to be a much bigger villian.

I seem to have a thing for annoying asshole villains... :redd:
And I agree, the first time I played PW:AA I thought White - what with his power and influence - would be the biggest enemy in the game.

Quote:
9. And finally about the future cases, are they going to go past April in-game, ignoring AJ's story?

I plan to make the entire game end on Phoenix's phonecall from Shadi Enigmar. He won't be named, but he'll invite Nick for "a game of cards". That should be all it takes for people to pin who the call's from.

Again, a huge thanks for your interest! Stay tuned :redd:
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Rockman FTW

So I tryed today to play the game again from the start and it worked.
But I am already stuck again. :grossburg:
I am at the point where i need to break Detective Snow pscyo locks. at the first lock where you need to prove he saw mister X.
I present every item i had in my inventary and all profiles but still couldnt break it.
So did go back to the bridge an examined everything agian and present every thing to Jake Marshell but still got nothing new.
Did I do something wrong agian our did I just missed something?

Previously Cardiovore

loewies wrote:
So I tryed today to play the game again from the start and it worked.
But I am already stuck again. :grossburg:
I am at the point where i need to break Detective Snow pscyo locks. at the first lock where you need to prove he saw mister X.
I present every item i had in my inventary and all profiles but still couldnt break it.
So did go back to the bridge an examined everything agian and present every thing to Jake Marshell but still got nothing new.
Did I do something wrong agian our did I just missed something?

This is quite an obscure part of the game.
Do these things:

1. Talk to Marshall about: "Detective" Jake Marshall and The Crime Scene (after you present the affidavit).
2. Present Snow's profile.
3. Examine the knife, the badge, and the playing card.
4. Talk to Marshall about: Mr. X (unlocked when you pick up the badge).

Doing all these will cause Marshall to give you a Crime Scene Photo. You need this to break Snow's first lock.
Hope that helps.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

The member who doesn't swear much

I'm stuck.

Spoiler: Snow's First Testimony
This is what I've got in the Court Record: Badge, Autopsy Rport, Shoeprints Photo, Map, Weather Report, Playing Card, Cloth.

I've got the full testimony if I'm correct, and asked Snow everything about the cloth. So how do I get past the cross-examinatiom?

Oh, and is Robert Snow's name a reference to Robert Frost?
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Previously Cardiovore

BSX wrote:
I'm stuck.

This is what I've got in the Court Record: Badge, Autopsy Rport, Shoeprints Photo, Map, Weather Report, Playing Card, Cloth.

I've got the full testimony if I'm correct, and asked Snow everything about the cloth. So how do I get past the cross-examinatiom?

My fault, I put WAY too many contradictions in Snow's second testimony. There are 4 in total. This is what you need to do:
Spoiler:
1 - Press statement 7, then select "Where the cloth was found", then "Press further".
2 - Press statement 8. Scrap of Cloth gets updated. Then select "No".
3 - Present Playing Card at statement 5
4 - Present Playing Card at statement 8

I think that's everything. Doing all four should end the cross-examination. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Oh and about Snow's name... No, it's a reference to an old episode of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. It's a pseudonym somebody used in an episode, and the name just stuck in my head.

EDIT 2: Ok I just realised you were talking about his FIRST testimony... *facepalm*
Here's what you need to do for his 1st one:
Spoiler:
Pressing statements 4 and 7 should do the trick.

FULL GAME AVAILABLE

The member who doesn't swear much

Cardiovore wrote:
BSX wrote:
I'm stuck.

My fault, I put WAY too many contradictions in Snow's second testimony. There are 4 in total. This is what you need to do:
Spoiler:
1 - Press statement 7, then select "Where the cloth was found", then "Press further".
2 - Press statement 8. Scrap of Cloth gets updated. Then select "No".
3 - Present Playing Card at statement 5
4 - Present Playing Card at statement 8

I think that's everything. Doing all four should end the cross-examination. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Oh and about Snow's name... No, it's a reference to an old episode of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. It's a pseudonym somebody used in an episode, and the name just stuck in my head.

EDIT 2: Ok I just realised you were talking about his FIRST testimony... *facepalm*
Here's what you need to do for his 1st one:
Spoiler:
Pressing statements 4 and 7 should do the trick.

Never mind, it WAS the second. I had a long break woithout playing so I got confused lol. Thanks.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Perfect Attorney

Started playing, and so far it's great.

I have one question though, about Vex Vulper's theme.

I'm sure I heard it before, but I don't recall from where. Could you tell me please?

Thanks.

Ike23 wrote:

I'm sure I heard it before, but I don't recall from where. Could you tell me please?

Thanks.

Vulper's theme is "Mr. Dark" from Rayman (PSX). :)

Perfect Attorney

Tap wrote:
Ike23 wrote:

Thanks.

Vulper's theme is "Mr. Dark" from Rayman (PSX). :)

YES!! That's it. I knew I heard it somewhere XD.

Thanks a bunch.

Previously Cardiovore

...Boo.
Just returned from a weekend in the countryside. No wi-fi, but I've managed to do some more scripting with the laptop. It's getting there, folks. (Y)

Ike23 -- Glad you're enjoying it. And yes, that's what Vulper's theme is. :garyuu:
There's a .txt file included called "Music used".
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Yo, NICK! I got a wicked hot girlfriend!

:larry: Can't wait to play THIS!

Perfect Attorney

Cardiovore wrote:
...Boo.
Just returned from a weekend in the countryside. No wi-fi, but I've managed to do some more scripting with the laptop. It's getting there, folks. (Y)

Ike23 -- Glad you're enjoying it. And yes, that's what Vulper's theme is. :garyuu:
There's a .txt file included called "Music used".

Oh? I guess I'll check it out then.

So far this case really feels like an official one.

Here for my yearly login

I have ended up having a problem moving after Detective Snow gave me the affidavit. I can't move anywhere apart from the Detention center. I've presented everything I have, talked to him about everything three times and examined everything everywhere. This is the second time I've tried to get past this bit, even after saving and reloading. I even started the game again, but I still can't go to verglas bridge. Help please!!!!! :shatter:
Signatures are hard...

Previously Cardiovore

Detective Manson wrote:
I have ended up having a problem moving after Detective Snow gave me the affidavit. I can't move anywhere apart from the Detention center. I've presented everything I have, talked to him about everything three times and examined everything everywhere. This is the second time I've tried to get past this bit, even after saving and reloading. I even started the game again, but I still can't go to verglas bridge. Help please!!!!! :shatter:

Talk to Snow about all three things (The Investigation, The Crime, and The Card). It should trigger Maya saying "Come on Nick, we have a crime scene to investigate!" When she says that, V-Bridge should be unlocked.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Here for my yearly login

I've done that and it still refuses to trigger the bridge
Signatures are hard...

Previously Cardiovore

Detective Manson wrote:
I've done that and it still refuses to trigger the bridge

...Hmm, it should.
loewies had this same problem too. I think what he did to solve it was select the options in order from top to bottom.

I've just tried it, and it seems to appear after you talk about 'The Crime'... If all else fails, try doing that.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Here for my yearly login

That seems to have worked, thanks Cardiovore. ]

P.S Nice work on the Detective Snow music, that song was annoying me for ages 'cause I couldn't remember what it was from, until I played WWF Smackdown about 20 minutes ago for a laugh. You a big wrestling fan or did you just come across the music?
Signatures are hard...

Previously Cardiovore

Detective Manson wrote:
That seems to have worked, thanks Cardiovore. ]

P.S Nice work on the Detective Snow music, that song was annoying me for ages 'cause I couldn't remember what it was from, until I played WWF Smackdown about 20 minutes ago for a laugh. You a big wrestling fan or did you just come across the music?

You're welcome.
Nah I'm not a big wrestling fan myself. I was when it was WWF though.
I just came across the music, I have the original PSX game I haven't played for about 10 years.
The song's got nothing to do with Snow; it's just random because I was having a hard time looking for a theme for him. The others have appropriate themes though.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Here for my yearly login

Strangely, I think the song fits Detective Snow quite well. Although, not to make you mad or anything, but I changed the announce the truth music, because I hated the JFA version. I actually switched it to the Gyakuten Kenji version, 'cause that one i really like.
Signatures are hard...

Previously Cardiovore

Detective Manson wrote:
Strangely, I think the song fits Detective Snow quite well. Although, not to make you mad or anything, but I changed the announce the truth music, because I hated the JFA version. I actually switched it to the Gyakuten Kenji version, 'cause that one i really like.

I wanted to change his theme shortly after I released the current version of the game, but I think it just grew on me.

Oh? ...Fair enough, go right ahead. :garyuu:

EDIT: Just so you and everyone else know, I'm changing the courtroom music in the next release.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Here for my yearly login

Sorry, I just ended up hating that theme when I was playing through JFA, not particularly sure why. I remember hating it with a vengeance after the 2nd case of JFA, when it was overplayed slightly. Didn't help that my cousin kept on playing the Gyakuten Saiban Soundtrack, and that particular song. I hate my cousin...

EDIT: Really, I thought the courtroom music was quite a good choice...
Signatures are hard...
Page 5 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games