Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 68 of 76[ 3010 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 76  Next

Re: PW: Contempt of Court ~ FULL GAME RELEASED!Topic%20Title

Guess life isn't that easy.

Spoiler:
Whenever I am about to reach the part where I have to announce Hemlock as the culprit, Pywright crashes on me BIG time. I am after the part where Chief Freude went completely aflame, and he then reveals that he is also being watched by Hemlock. Any way to fix the Pywright bug so it does not crash at all?

I don't know what my talent is exactly, but, I am not a suspicious guy!

Last edited by Banette on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previously Cardiovore

Ropfa wrote:
Hey Cardy, you're my bud and you know I appreciate your game, but I gotta be honest here and say that I was kind of let down by the ending.

Spoiler: MASSIVE endgame spoilers
Okay, so I'm cross-examining Freude and the game prompts me to name the mastermind. But when I present her profile, all that happens is some weird fourth wall jokes and then... the game just shuts off. There's no conclusion or resolution to any of the game's plot threads. I feel like you really rushed this part and can't say that it lived up to the rest of your work.

The truth hurts sometimes... :redd:
Surprised more people haven't come across that yet...

W1S3M4N wrote:
Hello, Cardiovore!

I just finished the game and I had a HUGE urge to congratulate you for not only finishing the project, but doing such a great work with this game. In this day and age in which anyone can start something and leave it unfinished once the initial "magic" is "lost", I'm so happy to see the amount of dedication and care you've put into this.

You see, I've been a fan of Contempt of Court since I discovered in 2012 (I think). Turnabout on the Snow didn't even exist! But I just LOVED your two first cases, so I waited all these years to see your work finished and coming back to this thread to check your progress. And now it's finished... well... what else do I have to say? You did a great work and I applaud you for making a game that can even be compared to the original games' standarts.

:acro: KUDOS TO YOU, SIR :acro:

PS: If I may, I'd like to discuss a pair of things under this spoiler tag because of, you know, HUGE spoilers.

Spoiler:
First off, there's something that's been bugging me during the last trial. I don't know if it's because of Pywright's limitations or what, but each and every time I came to a cross examination (starting with Edegorth's rebuttals) a pop-up a appears about an error, which was kind of off-putting to say the least. It didn't rend my game unplayable, but it was frustrating to click again and again on those tags at every statement.

This picture is from one of the many instances it happened, so I wanted to tell you if you can do something about it, because I'd like to replay this part bug free to enjoy it as it deserves. If this is can be useful to you in any way, my Pywright version is 0.9880 :godot:
http://imgur.com/LLfHgbJ

Also, if I may, I'd like to give a little critique about with Hemlock.
Spoiler:
I never imagined [you know who] to be the bad guy! :beef:

But even though it's a good twist I didn't find it very convincing. For instance, I always thought Vincenzo was behind all of it because of all his past with Mia and Bluecorp, his special treatment in prison, how fond he was to be an spectator of Red White's trial (which I thought foreshadowed Hemlocks obsession with being present everywhere or at least being himself on the spot everytime anything happened), because he dissapears once Scapegoat ends and overall because I think that the best way to hide a twisted and playful personality is to be ever so serious and literal.

And I'm not saying this because I'm disappointed or anything, but Snow's revelation as Hemlock... I found it quite out of the blue (even if it was foreshadowed before with his imitations). Dunno, I felt it kind of forced, like you wanted him to be the bad guy.

Also, about his supervillain persona... I found quite childish to turn him into some kind of Heath Ledger's Joker with his eye bags and his Glasgow smile before showing his true appearance. I think that a more menacing and subtle demeanor would have worked better. Besides from that, now we're at it, I think that the reason why the bomb didn't detonate was quite a Deus ex Machina; I think that it would've worked better if the bomb didn't blow up because Hemlock's frequency inhibitor was still on and he didn't realised that, showing us that even he can make mistakes and, like us, have a faulty logic at times. Don't know, I think Hemlock's a guy who would've spell checked his code a gazillion times before starting anything.

But overall it was a very enjoyable villain and a good final boss at that. I liked Hemlock a lot: he was truly menacing and nothing could escape his invisible and all-powerful grasp

Overall and despite my critiques, I loved this game from begining to end and in fact I'm making a review for everyone to see because I think this game deserves to be enjoyed by more people.

It really was a pleasure.

Thank you for everything.

You're welcome, thank YOU for making it all worthwhile!

Spoiler: Obviously spoilers
I understand the Hemlock niggles. As I said in a previous post, I was toying with two ideas for the bomb scenario, the other being that he held up the phone and a henchman shot through it, Hemlock drops it showing the bullet went through his hand. It would also leave the functions and coding of Grapevine a mystery as the data would be unsalvageable from a broken phone... I'm starting to think I should've gone with that scenario xD

Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Previously Cardiovore

Banette wrote:
Spoiler:
Whenever I am about to reach the part where I have to announce Hemlock as the culprit, Pywright crashes on me BIG time. I am after the part where Chief Freude went completely aflame. and he reveals that he is also being watched by Hemlock. Any way to fix the Pywright bug so it does not crash at all?

Somebody else had this exact problem at this exact point. Really strange as I'm not coming across it myself, and I can't think of a reason as to why it would; all the files are there.
My only guess is that your PyWright isn't 0.989 (the one I tested it with).

Also whoops, double post.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Banette wrote:
Spoiler:
Whenever I am about to reach the part where I have to announce Hemlock as the culprit, Pywright crashes on me BIG time. I am after the part where Chief Freude went completely aflame. and he reveals that he is also being watched by Hemlock. Any way to fix the Pywright bug so it does not crash at all?

Somebody else had this exact problem at this exact point. Really strange as I'm not coming across it myself, and I can't think of a reason as to why it would; all the files are there.

Oh. Alright. I will check if what I have is up to date, but "0.989" available for everybody to find?

Mine is a beta version by the way. It is 0.989 - Beta, and I am running it on an ACC Screen and the main computer is a Dell.

Previously Cardiovore

Banette wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
Banette wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh. Alright. I will check if what I have is up to date, but "0.989" available for everybody to find?

You should be able to update PyWright within the program. Click Updates on the main screen, then Update Pywright.
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Cardiovore wrote:
Banette wrote:

You should be able to update PyWright within the program. Click Updates on the main screen, then Update Pywright.

I still have a problem as the "Update Pywright" screen is stuck on "Fetching data from Server" message. Is the Server even still up, or am I still lacking something?!

Previously Cardiovore

Banette wrote:
Cardiovore wrote:
Banette wrote:

I still have a problem as the "Update Pywright" screen is stuck on "Fetching data from Server" message. Is the Server even still up, or am I still lacking something?!

Might have to try and get it from the website. Apparently 0.9880 is the latest version, so it should be alright: http://pywright.dawnsoft.org/
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

*Groans of Increasing Discomfort*

Okay so I'm in the first case at Verglas Bridge. I have all the evidence (barring the crime photograph) and have examined everything, yet I haven't got the photograph itself. So I'm wondering what I haven't investigated to get the crime photo? :tigre:
"It is impossible to predict what the future has in store for any of us.
This is precisely why people feel the need to judge the past.
And we of the court have been charged with the solemn duty of passing such judgment" - Diego "Godot" Armando

To Cardiovore:

"I had an idea that I was not sure would work, but it did in the end. I redownloaded Pywright again, and copied all the Data from your fangame into the corresponding "Games" folder of the copy. So now I got past that error. Thanks for the help, and I genuinely mean it. You saved me from despairing and almost spoiling myself using TV Tropes."

"I am NOT getting blueballed tonight. :)"

Okay, wow.

Spoiler:
Seems pretty left field to make the detective the mastermind. But I guess the presentation of his "Mastermind" persona was a little over-the-top and just going out of its way to prove that he's "insane".

May not be the best way to describe it.

But I guess my first reaction was both shock and genuine Terror. Especially around the part where, much like Vulper, Freude, and Smith before him, even Nick is ensnared in the puppet strings of the twisted bastard.

What's a Court Records?

Spoiler: Case 4 Part 2 Problem... Solved?
I took a break from the game to take a shower and when I came back trying to talk to Greisen/Trent, it kept coming up with an error. I was going to take a screenshot, but the problem seemed to have fixed itself after I opened the court record.

Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

If there is light, there is also shadow!

Spoiler:
sooo hum i just finished the game andbi was wondering is there some "secret Maya" scene ?? I have seen the forum after i beat up the game and i even saw a screenshot with the name Maya but it didn't happen once to me anything related to Maya

Also i will make a full review later ! :)

Only one truth, and I will explode it.

Spoiler: "It's not really over yet, is it?"
We will never know why Hemlock especially chooses Righto and Edgey for the case, there booms my hope

manifesting ciconia phase 2

I made this to commemorate the completion of CoC.

Spoiler:

six years though kek

Last edited by Double KO on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

§

I just finished the game. Boy, was it intense!
I'm not so good at reviews, and, I never played a case twice, so I may be forgetting lots of details from previous cases. I also don't feel like giving a full review yet, but I'll throw some overall and mixed thoughts.

Spoiler: CoC, Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies, GK2 spoilers inside
- As you tell us, you kept going back and forth about "Who could the bad guy be?". Well, coincidentally, the mastermind ended up being pretty much the same as the one in Dual Destinies: A detective who masquerades as others (Though yeah, we got to see Hemlock's true face in this one). Your game started waaaay before DD, so I gotta ask: When you played DD, what was your reaction when you discovered that Fulbright was the "final boss"? Well, maybe by that time, you hadn't established that Snow was going to be the bad guy. But well, there are a couple of similarities between Snow and Fulbright, and I wanted to know your thoughts on this. :P

- Vex is one of your best characters hands down. Story, personality, design... this guys won first prize on all those, at least in my book. Kudos on that!

- That moment when the game makes you realize that Snow is actually Hemlock, and then Phoenix goes back to the office after investigation... and he is just sitting there. THAT was a pretty tense moment. And it kinda scared the crap outta of me, because I sorta expected something like that might happen.

- I believe Hemlock is an interesting antagonist. Idealistic, with a heavy sense of self-righteousness, a bit of a joker, and also a bit childish. It's not a bad combination, at all. It's just that, when getting near the end, he becomes less and less intimidating. I know this is also how Phoenix and Edgeworth start to feel too, because they corner him and prove his guilt, but... I dunno, it's just something I felt. Even before announcing the explosion and being betrayed by his own men, he looked weak. It was somewhat predictable that something would prevent him from doing whatever he wanted anymore, therefore rendering him unharmful. Again, it's just something I felt while playing the game. Maybe I'll replay this in the future but won't see this.

- Renwick getting a Not Guilty verdict. The gallery is not in the room, so a random "Yaaay" resonates. I lost it. Magnificent

- I had a hard time presenting evidence at certain moments. Since I hadn't replayed Case 4 Part 1, there were some details that I didn't remember, and even though I took a good look over the Court Record, I struggled more than I expected. That aside, there were some hard statements to crack, specially against Hemlock.

- A little bug: Remember when Hemlock allows you to press just once, and forbids you from presenting evidence at all? Well, while trying and failing, I pressed the last statement. Instead of taking me to a fail scene, the game proceeded as if I just had tried to present something, so I got no penalty, and there was no extra dialogue.

- Same as one of the fellas above: I can't say I liked Renwick Smith too much. Didn't like him in Case 3 at all, and didn't care much about him in the first part of the fourth. I felt bad for him in the end because, well, you get to know his story and all. The man went through hell for 5 years. So in the end, I don't think he's a bad character at all, but I do see him as a "Meh" even though he's important to the plot.

- I agreed with the Smith thoughts, but I'll have to disagree with Brisbane's: I pretty much liked him. His concept/personality was simple, but effective. Even though he was the victim in the last case, I wish he would've appeared a lot more. How? I don't know, he was in a comatose after all. But we got to see a lot about him in the previous 3 cases, so I thought he was, maybe, going to have an even bigger role in the last one. It was big, but as the victim, there's not much you can add to the investigations and stuff. His Tekken remixed soundtrack is great, and his appearance at the end was glorious. Hemlock shat his pants. :hobohodo:

- I kinda had my suspicions on Snow, at least from Perry Docks' murder. I truly believed in Vex's innocence. So, who else was in that room, in the middle of the blackout? That aside, I really liked the whole "Let's defend this guy in Case 3 and believe in him no matter what, but oh shit, he WAS guilty and he's also the mastermind crap". It was like Gyakuten Kenji 2 all over again, but in a good way.

- All the characters have their charm and I'm glad the game has more OCs than Ace Attorney regulars. BUT, I did notice that there aren't many female OCs. Not saying this is a bad thing, just wanted to point it out.

- The breakdowns are awesome, so is the music selection.

- I felt Edgeworth not being very useful in the last part of the game (after you regain Nick's control). It felt more like a showdown between Phoenix and the related party at the witness bench vs Hemlock. I know that maybe there's not much to add and he's fighting for the truth alongside Nick, but dunno, he didn't have any particular impact in the final confrontations.

- Oh, why, OH WHY would have Hemlock chosen Phoenix and Edgeworth for this? Not sure if it's hinted at any moment, or if it's one of those misteries that will remain unsolved, so everyone can make a theory of their own. I guess that's ok.

I think that's all. I did have to get the latest version of PyWright, not from the "Updates" option (It doesn't work) but from the main page. Otherwise, the game wouldn't start if I tried to use my slightly older version of PyWright.

Anyway, as I said before: Congratulations, Cardio! You've made a game that has as much (or even more in some cases) quality as the original ones. It took some time, but finally it's done! This one, along with Conflict of Interest, are two great fangames, if not the best ones I've played to this date. Oh, how I wish SilentBobX would re-appear...
Thank you for this amazing experience. I'll be sure to recommend this fangame to every single human I see... ok, maybe not everyone, just the ones who like Ace Attorney.

My score: 8.5

Cheers! :jake:

So what do I do with my life now

We do what we must because we can.

the fire mage

well time to have some of my thoughts givin now that i let it set for abit...

Spoiler:
i'm still upset about snow. ok now that we got that out of the way.

1. i agree with the point of why hemlock set up both phoniex and edgeworth for this case. he clearly wants smith found guilty. so why the hell would he ask the lawyer he knows full well from posing as the detective for the last 3 cases always believes in his Clint and will get them off the hook?

2. vex is the best character in the game. he goes from a typical ace attorney villain to one of the most sympathetic characters in the story.

3. to the point about edgeworth not doing anything. it is pretty clear hemlock hijacked the last part of the case. he is not just the judge but also the prosecutor hence his ugly mug being on the cross examination screen and not edgy's.

4. personally i felt you should have had snow be in his joker like look for alittle bit before throwing off the wig.

5. i feel brisbane's character arc is rushed. case 3 was his fall as we finally see who he really was and not fit to be a prosecutor. but the transition from that to him changing his ways came by way to quickly for me. so your really telling me he gets out of his coma and he wants to be a changed man and is not more pissed off then usual. he has at most two out bursts in the whole situation. a part of me wished he woke up earlier and replaced edgeworth as the prosecutor and had atlest one final confrontation with phoenix. the way it is now i think he should have just died and not been in a coma.

6. both he and hemlock also mirror eachother nicely. they both have a nervous brake down when things don't go there way. it was a nice touch.

7. i love how it's a typo that saves them

8. i agree with the whole smith thing. yeah i felt sorry for him but as a character he was really meh.

9. was Schaden Freude the other person considered to be hemlock? because even as a red herring he screams ' i'm an ace attonery villain." to me had this been any other case.

10. now this is a minor thing. but don't zak and phoniex play that poker game in the detention center and not the other place?

11. oh i'm not done about the snow thing. i liked snow alot he was on par with brisbane as my favorite oc in the game. i mean from the beginning it is really easy to tell something is off with him in case 4. he was the one who claimed brisbane was dead for example. he is preety much a diffrent take on fullbright. execpt while the phantom killed bobby snow was never a person in the first place. so i take it the line about him being sent by gumshoe was a lie huh?

where was gumshoe anyways? snow is the only person to mention him in the entire game. he can't be dead he shows up in the zak case. not even edgeworth mentions him at all and he was with him last if this game does take place after investigations 2.

and finally. how did snow even get into phionex's office. does he have some kind of sskeleton key or something?

overall i love contempt of court. even more then conflict of interest ...sorry ropha.

i just felt the overall plot wass stronger in this game.

9/10 will play again if scapegoat gets an update.

Happy Maria

Started a little bit of the second half.

Spoiler: Spoilers
I'm right at Greisen's first testimony. So far I'm thinking Snow is definitely Hemlock still. Excited to see Freude though at the stand,

Out of curiosity what are the little changes you made to the previous cases other than music changes? Just want to know.

Sheesh is it approaching midnight already gtg

Mia Payne

This thread is hot

ASCEND

Man, that was a really good case. I really enjoyed this game. The whole thing is definitely up there as one of my favorite Ace Attorney games. Now for some extra SPOILERY THOUGHTS

Spoiler: Spoilery Thoughts
I really like the characters in this game. Snow is, as usual, hilarious even though he doesn't exist. I thought Brisbane's character in this case, and the part where he burst into the courtroom to stop Hemlock was awesome. The part where you presented the star to his was hilarious too. I honestly just assumed the star was useless until then. For whatever reason, I really liked Greisen/Trent in this case, especially regarding his backstory. Finally, Hemlock himself was a very interesting villain, particularly in regard to his motivations.

The second trial honestly might have been my favorite part of the case, especially once Schaden Freude went completely insane. The third trial was, of course, also very good, though I did find it a little hard to follow at times. I liked how Hemlock basically took over the courtroom, which led to a lot of stressful and intense moments. The part where you played as Edgeworth was also brilliant.

As usual, the music choices in this case were top-notch. I especially liked some of the reminiscence themes and Hemlock's theme.

As for the twist itself, I can't say it surprised me too much, but that's probably just because of some of the theories in this thread. I did think it was interesting that Robert Snow had never existed in the first place. I also liked how somewhat minor things like the bullet hole that was covered up in The Haunted Turnabout was actually foreshadowing to the reveal.

Another surprise was the reveal that Maya and Charley were actually the two highest ranking Aculeus members under Hemlock. I think this should have been brought up in game, but on the other hand, it was quite a surprise to find the info hidden in the game's files. For those wondering, the info is encrypted and placed at the bottom of "script3.14" in the games files, which is obtained by performing steganography on the picture of the Gold Star.

However, some mysteries still remain!

Spoiler: THE FOUR GREAT UNSOLVED MYSTERIES OF CONTEMPT OF COURT
1. WHAT THE HECK IS "UNFITTING SONG FOR WHEN THAT HAPPENS" AND WHEN DOES IT PLAY?

2. WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT IS IT DOING IN THE LAST CASE'S EVIDENCE FOLDER?

3. WHO ARE THESE GOOFBALLS?

4. WHY DID YOU CHANGE CEDRIC MAPLETHORPE'S THEME I REALLY LIKED THE OLD ONE I THOUGHT IT WAS PERFECT AAAAAAAAAAAA?

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
Spoiler: THE FOUR GREAT UNSOLVED MYSTERIES OF CONTEMPT OF COURT
1. WHAT THE HECK IS "UNFITTING SONG FOR WHEN THAT HAPPENS" AND WHEN DOES IT PLAY?

3. WHO ARE THESE GOOFBALLS?

Spoiler:
1. It's the rival event song from Rub Rabbit, a really happy and thus unfitting sing for when THAT happens. It plays when you present Maya as the puppetmaster in Freude's final testimony. Topkek ensues.
2. Remember when Freude forces you to give up your badge when you get nothing out of his testimony? When you present the wrong thing or your life bar depletes completely in Freude's final testimony, he makes you hand over your badge to him. When you do, he shatters it, creating that picture.
3. First one is Blaine Chill. Not sure about second; it's probably Jack Crane or maybe Stan Nyph.

Also, found something interesting.
Spoiler: Snow's name
I looked into the name puns used in the game, and I found out something interesting about Snow's. Cardiovore stated a while ago in this thread that it was taken from Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. I looked it up, and apparently it was used in an episode called "White as Snow", which was what case 3 used to be called. The name was specifically used as an alias to infiltrate a submarine, like what Hemlock did with the police department. Cardi has been planning Snow's identity for a long time, apparently.

Funnily, Robert Snow is also the name of a retired police captain in real life.

ASCEND

Double KO wrote:
Spoiler:
1. It's the rival event song from Rub Rabbit, a really happy and thus unfitting sing for when THAT happens. It plays when you present Maya as the puppetmaster in Freude's final testimony. Topkek ensues.
2. Remember when Freude forces you to give up your badge when you get nothing out of his testimony? When you present the wrong thing or your life bar depletes completely in Freude's final testimony, he makes you hand over your badge to him. When you do, he shatters it, creating that picture.
3. First one is Blaine Chill. Not sure about second; it's probably Jack Crane or maybe Stan Nyph.

Spoiler:
1&2. Ah, that explains it. I never actually ran into either of those scenarios. I should probably check to see if I have any saves around that area so I can see what happens when you present Maya myself.

3. I thought the same about the first one. It's definitely Blaine Chill. I don't think the second one is Jack Crane though, because his front sprite has a puppet that more closely resembles Crane, as it has a blue scarf and longer hair. I also don't think it's Stan Nyph, because his skin tone was a lot paler than that. I think it might be meant to represent one of the other Boogeyman victims, unless it's some kind of cameo.

Another interesting thing to note is that if you check Hemlock's front sprites in the files there's another strange puppet on his lower-left, which I think is normally blocked by the witness stand. I think that one might actually be Sarah Trent, since they seem to have similar hairstyles. And there aren't many female characters in the game to begin with.

EDIT: I just saw the "Accusing Maya" ending... That was beautiful.

This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Dracarys!

Planetbox wrote:
Spoiler:
Another interesting thing to note is that if you check Hemlock's front sprites in the files there's another strange puppet on his lower-left, which I think is normally blocked by the witness stand. I think that one might actually be Sarah Trent, since they seem to have similar hairstyles. And there aren't many female characters in the game to begin with.

I wonder if we'll find out in 2 Contempt 2 Court.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
Planetbox wrote:
Spoiler:

I'm directing it with Cardiovore, ropfa can make a guest appearance as the Case 2 victim

ASCEND

Blizdi wrote:
Ropfa wrote:

I'm directing it with Cardiovore, ropfa can make a guest appearance as the Case 2 victim

Nah, make him the Case 1 killer who is then murdered in the next case. Wouldn't want those Ropfa sprites in CoI to go to waste, after all.

Planetbox wrote:
Double KO wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
1&2. Ah, that explains it. I never actually ran into either of those scenarios. I should probably check to see if I have any saves around that area so I can see what happens when you present Maya myself.

3. I thought the same about the first one. It's definitely Blaine Chill. I don't think the second one is Jack Crane though, because his front sprite has a puppet that more closely resembles Crane, as it has a blue scarf and longer hair. I also don't think it's Stan Nyph, because his skin tone was a lot paler than that. I think it might be meant to represent one of the other Boogeyman victims, unless it's some kind of cameo.

EDIT: I just saw the "Accusing Maya" ending... That was beautiful.

Spoiler:
I don't think that's Sarah since she has glasses, which are absent in the puppet, and a ponytail while the puppet's is down. I also don't see Crane in Hemlock's sprite. The people in the front sprites are Smith, Wright, Snow, Vulper, a female puppet, the Judge, Maplethorpe, and an unidentifiable male puppet. I think that puppet's Nyph, except the puppet doesn't have a mustache like Nyph's.

ASCEND

Double KO wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't think that's Sarah since she has glasses, which are absent in the puppet, and a ponytail while the puppet's is down. I also don't see Crane in Hemlock's sprite. The people in the front sprites are Smith, Wright, Snow, Vulper, a female puppet, the Judge, Maplethorpe, and an unidentifiable male puppet. I think that puppet's Nyph, except the puppet doesn't have a mustache like Nyph's.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I looked again later, and that's certainly not Crane. I think I was seeing things earlier. And since that means there are more unidentifiable people, that other one probably isn't Sarah Trent either.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Blizdi wrote:
Ropfa wrote:
Planetbox wrote:
Spoiler:

I got dibs on case 7, 5th witness/3rd killer

What's a Court Records?

Oh and I'll be working with everyone on the on Court Contempt 69 ;)
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

We'll have more than 100 CoC games; Brisbane funds them all with his enigmium eye.

The imagination justifies the pimp

Thunder84 wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Ropfa wrote:

I got dibs on case 7, 5th witness/3rd killer

Can I be the background policeman?

the fire mage

as long as i get to be the prosecutor who's whole gimmick is they keep setting phoenix's hair on fire.

Happy Maria

I hope I'll be the terrible witness who wastes a whole day of Court.

In the finale

Objection, or something or other...

I'm not sure if this is addressed anywhere else in this topic, but is the current download based on an older version of the game?
When I played through Case 3 again in preparation, there were a few things that were different from what I remembered playing(As case 3 was, comparatively, the freshest in my mind) that I remember in Fuandon's LP.
The only thing I can remember currently is that
Spoiler: Case 3 Trial 2
Instead of Vulper saying "First off, that garrote wire...How did it get there and how did I kill Cedric with it?", he says "First off, that garrote wire...it has nothing to do with me!" like in Fuandon's LP.
I thought this was an intentional change, but then I saw that glitch in one of the co-counsel conversations where Phoenix phases through the bench after Snow finishes talking instead of changing the background...which is also in the LP, which made me believe this was just an earlier version.

Or maybe neither of those changes were ever a thing and I'm just going crazy...
But if it is I'm a little confused as to the reason.
Something was here. It isn't now.

Happy Maria

Had a little bit more free time today so I've played until the end of the last investigation and HOLY SHI
Spoiler: SUPER DUPER SPOILERS
T I WAS RIGHT HOW COULD YOU SNOW

Though I wonder how he makes his eyes purple all at once. Honestly,I was genuinely scared during the examination of the interrogation room. I was expecting Hemlock to just pop out of nowhere.

Freude was a fun witness during the second trial,and his breakdown was incredible. It was nice seeing Trent (which is what I'll call him from now on I guess) testify too.

The last investigation cleared up so much but left many things mysterious. It was neat breaking the psyche locks of so many characters (Smith, Freude, Trent, Vulper, 'Snow' I guess) and uncovering so much. Very nice to hear some backstories, especially Trent's. I'm genuinely excited to see where this goes from here.

I will say though I didn't like how Cardy tried to make Vulper look sympathetic by suddenly saying 'oh yeah like it's all Jack's fault'. Also wasn't Jack...Vulper's STEP brother? Was that one of the changes you made to this?

Prediction:Phoenix will wuss out in the final trial and Vinny will come and help him to take down Lyle.

Oh yeah,Lyle. That's a terrible first name btw

Oh welp gtg

The imagination justifies the pimp

Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Spoiler: Vex Vulper
I will say though I didn't like how Cardy tried to make Vulper look sympathetic by suddenly saying 'oh yeah like it's all Jack's fault'. Also wasn't Jack...Vulper's STEP brother? Was that one of the changes you made to this?

Honestly that might as well be the case since there's no reason for Jack to be his "step"-brother.

Happy Maria

Bolting Shaman wrote:
Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
Spoiler: Vex Vulper

Honestly that might as well be the case since there's no reason for Jack to be his "step"-brother.

Yeah,I guess so. Honestly,I'm disappointed because I thought that was going to be a cool subplot too

Space Ghost, Coast to Coast

Oh man this game was everything I had hoped for. Big thanks to Cardiovore to all the hours he put into making this great.

Spoiler:
I had a feeling that it was going to be Snow from early on in the 4th case, I didn't want it to be as he was made such a lovable character but at the same time I wanted it to be him, it made perfect sense and even from the first time I saw him (and the flashbacks from earlier cases) I thought that this guy was no way the age he is, judging on how he generally looked and the minor changes in looks over the 5 years.

Spoiler:
Also that touch at the end there with the call from Shadi Enigmar, it made me squeal like a little girl. Has actually made me go back to replay Apollo right now! :apollo: :trucy:

the fire mage

i like how the tv tropes page is treating the maya theory like people were serious. when it was a joke.

§

One thing that's been bothering me, and I don't think it was fully explained:

Spoiler:
What exactly happened when Smith arrived at Brisbane's house after he was assaulted? We are given the idea of Hemlock hiding Brisbane in that cabinet, but does he meet with Renwick at the house or just contacts him via phone and quickly tells him to use a mask for no real reason? I guess it's the former since Hemlock cleaned the crime scene and later on he made a mess on purpose. In summary: What scenario did Renwick saw when he went into the house and how did Hemlock made him exit the house with the mask now on? Also how did Hemlock get his hands on the file Renwick brought in the envelope, which he later tried to destroy? Maybe I'm missing something or didn't pay attention when all this was explained, but this scenario was re-thinked so many times that I don't suppose a clear image of it was later explained or labeled in the final trial.

We do what we must because we can.

Last edited by Outbreak95 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dracarys!

megamike15 wrote:
i like how the tv tropes page is treating the maya theory like people were serious. when it was a joke.

Wait, we weren't being serious about that?
Page 68 of 76 [ 3010 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 76  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games