Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 10 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of next case availaTopic%20Title

Previously Cardiovore

Ropfa wrote:
Hey, that's awesome! It's always been on my bucket list to have a wiki article made about me. Does this count?

Looks like somebody made one for Contempt of Court as well.

Haha looks like we both made it into TV Tropes!
Yours is a lot more in-depth though...
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

the fire mage

i do recall the contempt of court trope page having more entries awhile ago. some might have been taken off or something. but yeah the coi is more indeph. we just need a trial after justice one and all the major games will be there.

Dracarys!

Quick update:

The rough draft for T-Unknown has now passed the lengths of the ones for both The Rouge Turnabout and Turnabout on the Web. It's currently at 211 pages and nowhere near finished.

So... I hope you enjoy really frigging long cases.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
Quick update:

The rough draft for T-Unknown has now passed the lengths of the ones for both The Rouge Turnabout and Turnabout on the Web. It's currently at 211 pages and nowhere near finished.

So... I hope you enjoy really frigging long cases.

I do love long things... :hotti: :two-faced: I just hope there is a BOATLOAD of evidence to make it harder... (So much evidence... dang you Turnabout Ablaze!!!!)

So man, you never answered that question about T-Con... is the last half going to be released separately or with T-Unknown?

how about nein

Gotta ask Ropfa

Spoiler:
What's the name of the song used in the rebuttal with Obadiah in T-Con?

Dracarys!

It's Rose at Eclipse, by NemesisTheory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goGJQa9XKzg

Wow what a time to check out the forum again!

I have to say a lot of things about this case but just for the sake of not letting this become a huge post I'll summarize it: Wow. Just wow amazing case,amazing writing (ever thought about joining capcom?) And just a solid case that was almost if not better then some cases in duel destiny's.

Really looking forward to new work of yours!

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

Just started playing Turnabout Consequences and both the writing and and case storyline are fantastic! I really thought you did a fantastic job with Meredith Fey, especially because that's pretty much how I pictured the head of the family to be like. Great spriting all around.

Oh, I love some things that Porter says and references to popular culture...

By the way, I noticed one scripting error in T-Cons, it's during Porter's first court testimony when you press on something and then she apparently starts to tell some dirty joke in response to Phoenix's phrasing of the question and then Williamson objects. Pretty much you didn't indent onto the next line so some of the text goes off screen. Which wouldn't bother me much, except I didn't get to hear the dirty joke...

:redd: :hotti:

Anyways, I am loving this game so far.
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

Dracarys!

Are you sure it was during the first testimony? I just checked through all of the statements there and nothing seems to be missing. Do you remember what Phoenix and Porter said before it happened or what Obadiah said afterwards?

My bad, it's actually after you point out the contradiction in her first testimony and then need to present evidence to prove that there were three shots. After the bullet is presented as the first, if the next evidence is a mistake then you get Phoenix's dialogue: "I think I'm onto something here..."

Then it is in Porter's next statement.
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

Dracarys!

Okay! I think I found it.

If you're still curious, she was just about to make a "your mom" joke, but got cut off by Obadiah before she could complete the sentence.

Just posting to say I've really, really been enjoying this fangame so far. For the most part it's hooked me as much as a real AA game has, so congrats! Can't wait for Case 4 part 2 and Case 5 :phoenix:

Out of curiosity, once this is done are you planning to do a sequel? It would be pretty cool.

Dracarys!

Always good to hear! Thanks!

As for a sequel, I honestly can't say. If people are still liking my cases when it's all over, I'll likely consider making another case. But on the other hand, I'm starting to get to a point in my life where making interactive Phoenix Wright fan fiction just isn't taking priority anymore. If I do something, it probably won't be a continuation of COI. I really just want to see this story to end in the fifth case. I do have some other ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while though.

I think I did talk with another user a while ago about doing a collaborative case at some point in the future. However, I won't say who, in case s/he has either forgotten about that or decided that s/he no longer wants to do it.

Bottom line: Nothing's for certain. I might or I might not make a new case, but it probably won't be a COI sequel.

Um Hi im new here and I have a problem when im trying to play your game when I open the first case it shows the intro and then pywright closes its happened like 8 times now? Nvm I just realized I wasn't using 0.987

Mia Payne

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!

Spoiler:
Maya is the assassin! She shot herself, which caused her to bump into the wall, creating a "bullet hole" That bump also caused the gun to fly into Iris's hands, then, after Phoenix saw her, Maya hit the floor, and caused Iris to fall and leave the gun on the balcony, which knocked out Porter! THE PERFECT CRIME!

Blizdi wrote:
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!

Spoiler:
Maya is the assassin! She shot herself, which caused her to bump into the wall, creating a "bullet hole" That bump also caused the gun to fly into Iris's hands, then, after Phoenix saw her, Maya hit the floor, and caused Iris to fall and leave the gun on the balcony, which knocked out Porter! THE PERFECT CRIME!

Spoiler:
Maya was also the real Sir Gallante but somehow convinced Virgil to act as Sir Gallante so she wouldn't get caught. She's been behind the entire AA franchise all along... she really did kill Mia in 1-2 but pinned the blame on Redd White :o

Dracarys!

Ooh, sorry, guys. I know that would totally be an awesome way to end COI, but that would end up being too similar to how Cardiovore has already confirmed his own game will end. I don't want people to accuse me of copying him.

Previously Cardiovore

Ropfa wrote:
Ooh, sorry, guys. I know that would totally be an awesome way to end COI, but that would end up being too similar to how Cardiovore has already confirmed his own game will end. I don't want people to accuse me of copying him.

y u copy me rofpa? ;(((
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Mia Payne

Cardiovore wrote:
Ropfa wrote:

y u copy me rofpa? ;(((

ropfa jsut dosnt compar to u

Dracarys!

Cardiovore wrote:
y u copy me rofpa? ;(((

caridvore plz

Gintendo

How wait of turnabout coneskuens part 2 and when to think is the release from turnabout consekuens ps sorry my english is not good

This is AWESOME Turnabout of the web was awesome as was the rouge turnabout. Both were crazy awesome and fun keep up the good work

Dracarys!

Gintendo wrote:
How wait of turnabout coneskuens part 2 and when to think is the release from turnabout consekuens ps sorry my english is not good

It'll be finished when it's done.

Really though, I can't say. Pywright has taken a back seat to my job and grad school lately. Progress is still happening, but very slowly. It'll be a while.

Gintendo

enghlish Sorry but How wait of turnabout conseckunsen
deutsch wie weit bist du schon mit Wandel der Counsekuensen

Quote:
enghlish Sorry but How wait of turnabout conseckunsen
deutsch wie weit bist du schon mit Wandel der Counsekuensen

Quick translation:
How far are you with Turnabout Consequenses.

Tip of the day: Use google translate :will:

Hi there! I played this game a while ago but have never really posted my opinion on it,so I am just gonna say that I have really liked the game so far!Also,I think I have a pretty decent theory about T-CON

Spoiler: Proof that I have too much free time
The killer in Turnabout Consequences is actually Phoenix's alternate personality, Xin Eohp,it used Phoenix's bird powers(which he gained from his mother,Wendy Oldbag,who is actually a Fey.)to posses the gun,then flew to the balcony,into Iris' hands,made her shot Maya,knocked her,and then went back to Phoenix's mind.The last case will be about Phoenix trying to both accuse AND defend himself in the same trial.At the end,we will find out that this "alternate personality" is actually Apollo's father,and the game will end with Apollo shooting Phoenix and joining his father,leaving a sequel hook you will never solve.

Ok,that's it.Sorry for solving the case before you even finished it.
Signature loading, please wait...

the fire mage

so i was replaying turnabout is worth a thousand words and i think i know who the killer is for the current case.

Spoiler:
look at the picture again and you will see a butler named after a painter we see in case 4.

Hmm... I'd have to go back and see. That person is my number one suspect, just based off choosing one suspicious person at the crime scene. But I am expecting a large twist coming up though, cannot say for certain that it would be so simple.

Dracarys!

Nice thoughts, you guys. I always like to see what predictions people have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAf0QnLFS7Q

This past week marked my 2500th beta-test run-through for COI. WHOOOOOOP!!!
That's either some kind of accomplishment or... I don't know... It's something.

Anyway... Screenshots. (To prove that I'm still working on this.)

Spoiler: Spoilers for Turnabout Consequences - first half

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:

"Hey, you know that guy on the cover of my game? Let's not make him important til case 4!"

:udgey: :yogi:

the fire mage

Blizdi wrote:
Ropfa wrote:

"Hey, you know that guy on the cover of my game? Let's not make him important til case 4!"

:udgey: :yogi:

well lang is on the cover of investigations and he does not play a role till case 3. :P

Dracarys!

I've had a few people send me PMs, asking me for advice on how to get started on a fan game. Here's something I came up with. Hopefully it can help some of you out there.

1) Think of a general idea for a case. It can be an overall theme, like the Internet; or maybe just a specific plot twist you want to happen, like a major character dying; or it can be something else. It might be the actual murder method or it might be the end result. Just get some sort of idea to build the rest of your case around.

2) Make an outline for the case. Right now it should just be a general outline of what you want to happen and in what order. You don't need all the details quite yet. Also, you should think up your whole cast in this stage. (Maybe you already have thought of characters you want. Now figure out how to work them into the story).
Note: If your case is more than one day, you don’t need to have every character show up on every day. There's lots of instances in the canon series where important characters aren't introduced until the final day. Try only having scenes where stuff actually happens. It's okay to have character development, but too much filler/padding can get annoying. If a character has no new information to add to the plot, just give an excuse for them to not be around. For this same reason, avoid using too many canon characters for cameos. Nobody likes seeing people show up just to say hi and then leave (I’m looking at you, Ema from AAI).

3) Give more details to your outline. What evidence do you find, when and where? What are the background stories for each character? What are all their motivations? What contradictions are in the testimonies?

4) Write a rough draft. This will be every piece of dialogue that the player can see. If you find that your plot deviates from the outline as you write it… That’s okay! Just make sure everything fits together.

5) Have somebody proofread your script. The best proofreaders will tell you every little thing you did wrong (proofreading is pointless if all they do is kiss your ass). This is the stage where you’ll want to fix all those little plotholes you probably wouldn’t notice by yourself (and there WILL be some).

6) Edit your script as advised by your proofreader. Depending on circumstances, you may or may not have to change everything. But don’t just ignore everything s/he told you, otherwise there wasn’t any reason to have it proofread in the first place. It's very easy (and perfectly okay) to be prideful of your work, but that doesn't mean that it's flawless.

7) Start on the artwork. Character sprites, evidence, backgrounds, interface… everything. I’d actually put priority on backgrounds and evidence first, because you can beta-test a game without all the character sprites – just use temporary stand-ins with canon characters.

7a) If this is your first time working with art, you might want to spend some time practicing making it. There are lots of art tutorials out there to learn from.

7b) If you don’t think you’ll be able to make art yourself to the standard you want, get somebody else to do it. However, know that it can be difficult to find good artists who are willing to do it for free. If you have enough money, it might be worth it to hire people to make sprites or backgrounds. There are plenty of artists on Deviantart looking for work. If you don’t have the money, you might have to beg on the Court-records forums. Alternately, there are plenty of already made sprites that people have made specifically for the purpose of others using them in fangames. Check on the C-R or Ace Attorney Online sprite boards and you just might find something that works for you.

8) Gather all the music, voice clips, and SFX you’ll need. Use Audacity if you need to edit or loop the files.

9) Put everything into whatever casemaker you’re using. Convert the script you wrote into coding.

10) Play through the case once. This first time through, you should put in all line breaks, and fix any major bugs you run across.

11) Test it a second time, fixing any errors you either caused or overlooked the first time.

12) If you need a third or fourth time, do it again. It’s always good to be thorough.

13) Send the game to your beta-testers. While you’re waiting for them, try adding some more updates in or improving the artwork that’s already there. Don’t just spend this time twiddling your thumbs… Actually do something to make the game better!
It’s okay to give your testers a deadline, but give them plenty of time. We all have lives outside of the Ace Attorney fandom, after all. I, personally, don’t set deadlines at all (most testers will still get back to you in a pretty timely manner, even without a deadline).
There’s a lot of good testers out there, but as a general rule, if somebody has worked on their own case before, they’ll probably give pretty good advice on how to improve your game, because they know what kind of mistakes to look for.

14) Once your beta-testers have responded, fix any problems that they ran across. Play through the game a final time, and fix the mistakes they found. I usually like to have 3-4 testers, because that gives you a good range of opinions, but it's also not so many that the proverbial cooks will spoil the broth.
PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR CRITICISM!!!
If your testers are upset about something, I guarantee that your players will be as well.
That being said… You aren’t required to make every single change that they mention. This is your game, not theirs. If you think changing something would alter the game too much from your vision, don’t do it. However, also keep in mind that major changes might be for the better. In Turnabout on the Web and Turnabout Consequences, one of my testers (the same guy both times) recommended that I add a few scenes that weren’t in the original scripts. These new scenes ended up being some of the best parts in those cases and really helped add to the emotional impact.

15) Release the case. Any file sharing site will do.

Ace Culprit

Ropfa wrote:
Spoiler: to save some space
I've had a few people send me PMs, asking me for advice on how to get started on a fan game. Here's something I came up with. Hopefully it can help some of you out there.

1) Think of a general idea for a case. It can be an overall theme, like the Internet; or maybe just a specific plot twist you want to happen, like a major character dying; or it can be something else. It might be the actual murder method or it might be the end result. Just get some sort of idea to build the rest of your case around.

2) Make an outline for the case. Right now it should just be a general outline of what you want to happen and in what order. You don't need all the details quite yet. Also, you should think up your whole cast in this stage. (Maybe you already have thought of characters you want. Now figure out how to work them into the story).
Note: If your case is more than one day, you don’t need to have every character show up on every day. There's lots of instances in the canon series where important characters aren't introduced until the final day. Try only having scenes where stuff actually happens. It's okay to have character development, but too much filler/padding can get annoying. If a character has no new information to add to the plot, just give an excuse for them to not be around. For this same reason, avoid using too many canon characters for cameos. Nobody likes seeing people show up just to say hi and then leave (I’m looking at you, Ema from AAI).

3) Give more details to your outline. What evidence do you find, when and where? What are the background stories for each character? What are all their motivations? What contradictions are in the testimonies?

4) Write a rough draft. This will be every piece of dialogue that the player can see. If you find that your plot deviates from the outline as you write it… That’s okay! Just make sure everything fits together.

5) Have somebody proofread your script. The best proofreaders will tell you every little thing you did wrong (proofreading is pointless if all they do is kiss your ass). This is the stage where you’ll want to fix all those little plotholes you probably wouldn’t notice by yourself (and there WILL be some).

6) Edit your script as advised by your proofreader. Depending on circumstances, you may or may not have to change everything. But don’t just ignore everything s/he told you, otherwise there wasn’t any reason to have it proofread in the first place. It's very easy (and perfectly okay) to be prideful of your work, but that doesn't mean that it's flawless.

7) Start on the artwork. Character sprites, evidence, backgrounds, interface… everything. I’d actually put priority on backgrounds and evidence first, because you can beta-test a game without all the character sprites – just use temporary stand-ins with canon characters.

7a) If this is your first time working with art, you might want to spend some time practicing making it. There are lots of art tutorials out there to learn from.

7b) If you don’t think you’ll be able to make art yourself to the standard you want, get somebody else to do it. However, know that it can be difficult to find good artists who are willing to do it for free. If you have enough money, it might be worth it to hire people to make sprites or backgrounds. There are plenty of artists on Deviantart looking for work. If you don’t have the money, you might have to beg on the Court-records forums. Alternately, there are plenty of already made sprites that people have made specifically for the purpose of others using them in fangames. Check on the C-R or Ace Attorney Online sprite boards and you just might find something that works for you.

8) Gather all the music, voice clips, and SFX you’ll need. Use Audacity if you need to edit or loop the files.

9) Put everything into whatever casemaker you’re using. Convert the script you wrote into coding.

10) Play through the case once. This first time through, you should put in all line breaks, and fix any major bugs you run across.

11) Test it a second time, fixing any errors you either caused or overlooked the first time.

12) If you need a third or fourth time, do it again. It’s always good to be thorough.

13) Send the game to your beta-testers. While you’re waiting for them, try adding some more updates in or improving the artwork that’s already there. Don’t just spend this time twiddling your thumbs… Actually do something to make the game better!
It’s okay to give your testers a deadline, but give them plenty of time. We all have lives outside of the Ace Attorney fandom, after all. I, personally, don’t set deadlines at all (most testers will still get back to you in a pretty timely manner, even without a deadline).
There’s a lot of good testers out there, but as a general rule, if somebody has worked on their own case before, they’ll probably give pretty good advice on how to improve your game, because they know what kind of mistakes to look for.

14) Once your beta-testers have responded, fix any problems that they ran across. Play through the game a final time, and fix the mistakes they found. I usually like to have 3-4 testers, because that gives you a good range of opinions, but it's also not so many that the proverbial cooks will spoil the broth.
PAY ATTENTION TO THEIR CRITICISM!!!
If your testers are upset about something, I guarantee that your players will be as well.
That being said… You aren’t required to make every single change that they mention. This is your game, not theirs. If you think changing something would alter the game too much from your vision, don’t do it. However, also keep in mind that major changes might be for the better. In Turnabout on the Web and Turnabout Consequences, one of my testers (the same guy both times) recommended that I add a few scenes that weren’t in the original scripts. These new scenes ended up being some of the best parts in those cases and really helped add to the emotional impact.

15) Release the case. Any file sharing site will do.

This really help me out while we develop Phoenix Wright:Encounter with the Black Org. Big thanks to you man!

I have a question.

Spoiler:
Why is there an "???" in Cast of Turnabout Consequences there? I mean... I believe we have been already introduced to all relevant characters. And Meredith Fey isn't that big of a spoiler, so why the "???" ?

Dracarys!

That's probably just because I haven't updated that part of the post since T-Con was released.

Gintendo

I haw a questen
[spoiler=][/spoiler
]How far are you whit the 2 half of turnabout counsequens

Dracarys!

Gintendo wrote:
I haw a questen
[spoiler=][/spoiler
]How far are you whit the 2 half of turnabout counsequens

Ropfa wrote:
It'll be finished when it's done.

Really though, I can't say. Pywright has taken a back seat to my job and grad school lately. Progress is still happening, but very slowly. It'll be a while.

Gintendo

Ropfa Good Luck of Part 2 from Turnabout Counsekuens

Last edited by Gintendo on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gintendo wrote:
I have a question[spoiler=][/spo
Are you the 2 investigation complete

Maybe you meant,"Is the 2nd investigation complete?",also,if you want to spoiler-tag something,just press the "spoiler=" button at the top.
Signature loading, please wait...

Nowaynowaynoway!

Gintendo wrote:
I have a question[spoiler=][/spo
Are you the 2 investigation complete

C'mon, give the guy a break. I'm as excited as you are but there's no need to badger him about it.
Page 10 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games