Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 30[ 1170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 


Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title

I'm workin' on it.

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden.

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Posts: 308

1. It was Sarah's theme.

5. That doesn't explain how he put on the armor.

8. Yeah, it's a problem with PyWright, all right, but you could do like I'm doing and just b/w them manually and put them as separate sprites.

9. Yeah, make it show up right away.

11. You could use what I'm using for my court opening, "Bravely Folk Song" from Soul Edge.

12. Is it really or was that a joke?
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere in IL

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:19 am

Posts: 24

Gotta say I loved it and I am really looking forward to Turnabout on the Web.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title

Attorney at Law

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Posts: 12

I downloaded this game from Pywrights website (69MB in total) and it doesn't go further than the first trial...after it says To Be Continued, it just resets to the beginning of Rogue Turnabout Part 2 (The first Trial)...Is that file on Pywright's website an incomplete file?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

No, the link on the Pywright website is not for the full case. That'll be up to Saluk to update.

You can find the link to the full case in the first post of this thread. It's the Mediafire one.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title

Attorney at Law

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Posts: 12

Ropfa wrote:
No, the link on the Pywright website is not for the full case. That'll be up to Saluk to update.

You can find the link to the full case in the first post of this thread. It's the Mediafire one.

Aight, cool
But for some reason none of the mediafire links work for me? I got an Error 500 thing...by the way, I use my Blackberry Torch to download...Mediafire works on it, I've downladed from Mediafire plenty of times, but now for some reason the links to these games don't work?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Well, I can't help you there. The link's still working for me, and I checked it on multiple computers just to be sure. That sounds like it'd be more a problem with your Blackberry and/or Internet connection. Sorry.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Update:

I am writing the script for the final section of Turnabout on the Web. It is currently at 150 pages, and I expect to get another 15-20 before it's done. So, it won't be quite as long as the first one, but it'll still be a rather lengthy case.

Also, I've been going through The Rogue Turnabout again. I'm making an update which addresses several of the issues that have been brought up. I hope to get it out within the month. Once it's done, I'll upload it to both Mediafire and Rapidshare, so that people in KTH_KING's position have another option to download from.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Video Game Addict and Workaholic

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:00 am

Posts: 12

If you need help with music and themes fire me a PM, I'll be glad to help!
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Okay, I haven't given an update in over a month, so here goes...

1) For a while, I was sort of procrastinating on that update for Rogue Turnabout that I mentioned earlier. However, I've gotten everything together now and I'm just giving it another quick run through to make sure that all the updates mesh well. I'll have it out sometime later this week.

2) Turnabout on the Web is progressing nicely. I think that the full thing should be complete within the next three months or so. However, there might be a bit of a delay, as I'll be moving to Korea in the fall and will have to get adjusted. Hopefully I can get at least the first section done before then. For those who are interested, here are some sprites of one of the new characters.

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Posts: 185

I saw an LP of The Rogue Turnabout and loved it.

Good work, especially when...

Spoiler:
...Phoenix reminded Virgil about the Sir Gallante creed and convinced him to turn himself in.

Very sympathetic killer, IMO.


Last edited by Smithee on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Smithee wrote:
I saw an LP of The Rogue Turnabout and loved it.


At first I was like...
Image

But then I read some of the comments and I was like...
Image

And then I was like...
Image

Oh well. At least you liked it.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Posts: 185

Okay, the Batman picture is staring into my soul...

L34V3 M4H 50UL 4L0N3!!!

Last edited by Smithee on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Posts: 341

Alright - I've owed you this one for quite a while. I played through it (Yay!). I won't do it in my usual point-by-point because... well... it's A LONG FREAKING CASE. Here are my general thoughts about it:

Spoiler:
First off, I wouldn't call this case mediocre as some of those YouTube comments described it. The crime works, the characters (for the most part) are pretty good and the ultimate conclusion (while a bit far-fetched with the whole armor-putting thing, just sayin') is done very well. I'm interested to see how the whole 'Pearl' thing will play out (it was a pretty big risk on your part, good job on that). My two problems are:

1. No tie-in with Apollo Justice (that I remember). AJ and its events are a pretty big deal for Nick. He's not the same person he used to be. He's not his lawyer-self anymore. That's one of my main problems - his personality. He automatically shifts into his lawyer-self without any... well... transition. Also - why u no mention Trucy? Wouldn't it have been interesting for both Maya and Trucy to interact with each other?
2. I really think you could've introduced Maya bit better. We have no idea what happened to her after T&T and this could've been the perfect oppertunity to explain what happened to her, her view on Phoenix losing (and, well regaining his badge), what he has done, Kristoph, etc., etc.

I don't have a problem with sprites. Some are good, some are so-so.

Overall, it's not a bad case - you just have to realize that, weather you like it or not, this IS a continuation of the AA universe and you have to keep continuity in mind.

That one guy from AAO that made about a dozen cases that all kinda go off the deep end and fall apart at one point or another.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

DudeWithAMask wrote:
Alright - I've owed you this one for quite a while. I played through it (Yay!). I won't do it in my usual point-by-point because... well... it's A LONG FREAKING CASE. Here are my general thoughts about it:

Spoiler:
First off, I wouldn't call this case mediocre as some of those YouTube comments described it. The crime works, the characters (for the most part) are pretty good and the ultimate conclusion (while a bit far-fetched with the whole armor-putting thing, just sayin') is done very well. I'm interested to see how the whole 'Pearl' thing will play out (it was a pretty big risk on your part, good job on that). My two problems are:

1. No tie-in with Apollo Justice (that I remember). AJ and its events are a pretty big deal for Nick. He's not the same person he used to be. He's not his lawyer-self anymore. That's one of my main problems - his personality. He automatically shifts into his lawyer-self without any... well... transition. Also - why u no mention Trucy? Wouldn't it have been interesting for both Maya and Trucy to interact with each other?
2. I really think you could've introduced Maya bit better. We have no idea what happened to her after T&T and this could've been the perfect oppertunity to explain what happened to her, her view on Phoenix losing (and, well regaining his badge), what he has done, Kristoph, etc., etc.

I don't have a problem with sprites. Some are good, some are so-so.

Overall, it's not a bad case - you just have to realize that, weather you like it or not, this IS a continuation of the AA universe and you have to keep continuity in mind.



Thanks for the feedback.

About the Apollo and Trucy thing... These were my original intentions:

Spoiler:
I didn't want to talk too much about the events of AJ, simply for the fact that I didn't want to spoil it too much for those who hadn't played it yet. That's why I didn't mention either Kristoph or the Gramarye situation. And that's why I only barely touched on other stuff. Apparently, this was a mistake on my part. I'm guessing that most of the people who will be looking at this have already played AJ anyway, so I might as well just go and expand on this in future cases.

I'll explain more about what Maya's been doing for the past several years in other cases. In fact, a major subplot is going to revolve around the Fey Clan. (As you probably can already tell, from that one scene.) I can't put too much exposition into the beginning of this case, since it already kind of gets off to a slow start.

And Trucy... She is going to be in this game, just not this particular case. Please remember that I still have three more cases planned, and there's plenty more to come. Don't worry about her. She'll have her time to shine too. :D


All this being said, I'm taking notes on everything that everybody's said. I want Conflict of Interest to be the best that it can be, so many of these issues will either be addressed in future cases or in updates of the first one.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Posts: 185

Ropfa wrote:
DudeWithAMask wrote:
Alright - I've owed you this one for quite a while. I played through it (Yay!). I won't do it in my usual point-by-point because... well... it's A LONG FREAKING CASE. Here are my general thoughts about it:

Spoiler:
First off, I wouldn't call this case mediocre as some of those YouTube comments described it. The crime works, the characters (for the most part) are pretty good and the ultimate conclusion (while a bit far-fetched with the whole armor-putting thing, just sayin') is done very well. I'm interested to see how the whole 'Pearl' thing will play out (it was a pretty big risk on your part, good job on that). My two problems are:

1. No tie-in with Apollo Justice (that I remember). AJ and its events are a pretty big deal for Nick. He's not the same person he used to be. He's not his lawyer-self anymore. That's one of my main problems - his personality. He automatically shifts into his lawyer-self without any... well... transition. Also - why u no mention Trucy? Wouldn't it have been interesting for both Maya and Trucy to interact with each other?
2. I really think you could've introduced Maya bit better. We have no idea what happened to her after T&T and this could've been the perfect oppertunity to explain what happened to her, her view on Phoenix losing (and, well regaining his badge), what he has done, Kristoph, etc., etc.

I don't have a problem with sprites. Some are good, some are so-so.

Overall, it's not a bad case - you just have to realize that, weather you like it or not, this IS a continuation of the AA universe and you have to keep continuity in mind.



Thanks for the feedback.

About the Apollo and Trucy thing... These were my original intentions:

Spoiler:
I didn't want to talk too much about the events of AJ, simply for the fact that I didn't want to spoil it too much for those who hadn't played it yet. That's why I didn't mention either Kristoph or the Gramarye situation. And that's why I only barely touched on other stuff. Apparently, this was a mistake on my part. I'm guessing that most of the people who will be looking at this have already played AJ anyway, so I might as well just go and expand on this in future cases.

I'll explain more about what Maya's been doing for the past several years in other cases. In fact, a major subplot is going to revolve around the Fey Clan. (As you probably can already tell, from that one scene.) I can't put too much exposition into the beginning of this case, since it already kind of gets off to a slow start.

And Trucy... She is going to be in this game, just not this particular case. Please remember that I still have three more cases planned, and there's plenty more to come. Don't worry about her. She'll have her time to shine too. :D


All this being said, I'm taking notes on everything that everybody's said. I want Conflict of Interest to be the best that it can be, so many of these issues will either be addressed in future cases or in updates of the first one.


May I offer a suggestion for one of your future cases?:

A witness who hates prosecutors (to contrast Obadiah's hatred of defense attorneys).

Last edited by Smithee on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Okay, the new update for Rogue Turnabout is out. Here is a list of everything that I've changed:

Fixed a few bugs
Fixed some spelling and punctuation errors
Fixed a few sprite errors
Got rid of the green edges around some of the buttons
Improved the quality of the black/white images
During the first trial segment, when Obadiah mentions circumstantial evidence, Nick has a flashback to Kristoph at the witness stand.
Nick’s reaction to being yelled at by a certain character in the detention center is slightly different.
At the beginning of the final trial, some of Nick’s thoughts were incorrectly labelled as Maya’s. This has been changed.
The Suspense theme now plays while Nick is accusing the Big Bad.
Changed Obadiah’s theme music - It is now Castle, from Castlevania: Judgement
Added some additional present options
-Maya has new responses to the attorney badge and her own profile
-Virgil and Parker react to the badge as well now

I've also added a walkthrough. You can find it in the main folder.
NOTE: Due to the structure of this case’s story, it isn’t really possible for me to make a walkthrough without giving away one of the plot twists. So I’d recommend only using it if you’re absolutely stuck.

Also worth noting:
This was actually done in a previous update, but I don’t think that I’ve mentioned it yet. In the first version of this case, during the post-credits scene, one of the characters mentions a case that happened “ten years ago”. This has since been changed. Now it is just a case that happened at an indeterminate point in the past. (So for all of you who had been thinking that it had something to do with when Nick became an attorney... Sorry, but that’s not the case.)

I've updated the link on the first post of this thread.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Okay, there might be a bit of a delay for Turnabout on the Web. I just moved to a different country, and I'm having to adjust to life there. Once I get settled, I'll start working on the case again, but until then I won't really be able to do much. Sorry for the wait, everybody.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION!

Gender: Female

Location: Wayne, NJ

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Posts: 44

Watching playthriugh, loved the Kay reference and Sarah's personality.
Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

TraumaTeam5 wrote:
Watching playthriugh, loved the Kay reference and Sarah's personality.


Glad to hear that. :will:
You know, it's funny that you mentioned Kay. She was actually originally going to be one of the witnesses in the first case, but I had to drop her due to the plot being too complicated. In the end, her role was split up and given to Cody and Gumshoe.

Also... Update time.

I've been doing more programming lately and have finished about 2/3 of the first investigation sequence. Can't say when it will be finished, but I don't want to rush it.

I'm looking for two voice actors right now - A man and a woman. One will be for a witness in Turnabout on the Web. The other would be for Obadiah. I'd like both, but at the moment it's more important to find one for the woman.


Last edited by Ropfa on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (First case complete!)Topic%20Title
User avatar

RD

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Posts: 122

Ropfa wrote:
TraumaTeam5 wrote:
Watching playthriugh, loved the Kay reference and Sarah's personality.


I'm looking for two voice actors right now - A man and a woman. They will be for two of the witnesses. If you are interested, please contact me via PM.
I'll also be looking for a VA for Obadiah at some point, but at the moment, the others are more important.



witness voice for what? for objection, take that or hold it. please be more specific.
Image

~just passing through the path of truth~
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Yes, the VAs would be for the standard shouts. - Objection, Hold it, and Take that


Edit: We now have a VA for the male witness, thanks to Darth Wiader. I'm still looking for the female one though.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

RD

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Posts: 122

Ropfa, did you know code how to make random answer in list menu pywright?

example:
Spoiler:
phoenix says what your favourite food
answer is

list scene12phoenix
li burger
li hamburger
showlist

how to make sometime it show different food like=

list scene12phoenix
li curry
li hotdog
showlist

or sometime like

list scene12phoenix
li pineapple
li apple
showlist

Image

~just passing through the path of truth~
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

revildaron wrote:
Ropfa, did you know code how to make random answer in list menu pywright?

example:
Spoiler:
phoenix says what your favourite food
answer is

list scene12phoenix
li burger
li hamburger
showlist

how to make sometime it show different food like=

list scene12phoenix
li curry
li hotdog
showlist

or sometime like

list scene12phoenix
li pineapple
li apple
showlist



Well... I'll be honest, this is the first I've ever heard of anybody using this, so I'm not too sure. I've never had to use anything that was randomly generated. I tried looking it up on the Pywright website and this was the closest thing that I could find.

Quote:
Add the "random" command to generate random numbers. "random x 1 10" will set x to a number from 1 to 10.


Knowing this, I would say you make a "random x ___ ___" line, and then add in a series of "is ______" lines, which call up a different list, depending on which number was chosen.

*goes and spends ten minutes testing out this idea*

Okay, I must be much better at this programming thing than I thought I was, because it definitely just worked. Check this out:

Spoiler: space saver
Code:
label redo
char maya e=normal
"What is your favorite food?"
random blahblah 1 4
is blahblah 1 list1
is blahblah 2 list2
is blahblah 3 list3
is blahblah 4 list4

label list1
list list1
li Hamburgers
li Tacos
showlist

label Hamburgers
char phoenix hide
"Hamburgers"
goto redo

label Tacos
char phoenix hide
"Tacos"
goto redo

label list2
list list2
li Takoyaki
li Ramen
showlist

label Takoyaki
char phoenix hide
"Takoyaki"
goto redo

label Ramen
char phoenix hide
"Ramen"
goto redo

label list3
list list3
li Apples
li Pears
showlist

label Apples
char phoenix hide
"Apples"
goto redo

label Pears
char phoenix hide
"Pears"
goto redo

label list4
list list4
li Pizza
li Spaghetti
showlist

label Pizza
char phoenix hide
"Pizza"
goto redo

label Spaghetti
char phoenix hide
"Spaghetti"
goto redo



This all being said... I'm more than happy to help you out with any problems you might have, but if you need help in the future, please contact me via PM, rather than this thread. I'd like to keep it strictly to discussion of this fangame. :pearl:
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

RD

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Posts: 122

Spoiler: space saver
Ropfa wrote:
revildaron wrote:
Ropfa, did you know code how to make random answer in list menu pywright?

example:
[spoiler=]phoenix says what your favourite food
answer is

list scene12phoenix
li burger
li hamburger
showlist

how to make sometime it show different food like=

list scene12phoenix
li curry
li hotdog
showlist

or sometime like

list scene12phoenix
li pineapple
li apple
showlist



Well... I'll be honest, this is the first I've ever heard of anybody using this, so I'm not too sure. I've never had to use anything that was randomly generated. I tried looking it up on the Pywright website and this was the closest thing that I could find.

Quote:
Add the "random" command to generate random numbers. "random x 1 10" will set x to a number from 1 to 10.


Knowing this, I would say you make a "random x ___ ___" line, and then add in a series of "is ______" lines, which call up a different list, depending on which number was chosen.

*goes and spends ten minutes testing out this idea*

Okay, I must be much better at this programming thing than I thought I was, because it definitely just worked. Check this out:

Code:
label redo
char maya e=normal
"What is your favorite food?"
random blahblah 1 4
is blahblah 1 list1
is blahblah 2 list2
is blahblah 3 list3
is blahblah 4 list4

label list1
list list1
li Hamburgers
li Tacos
showlist

label Hamburgers
char phoenix hide
"Hamburgers"
goto redo

label Tacos
char phoenix hide
"Tacos"
goto redo

label list2
list list2
li Takoyaki
li Ramen
showlist

label Takoyaki
char phoenix hide
"Takoyaki"
goto redo

label Ramen
char phoenix hide
"Ramen"
goto redo

label list3
list list3
li Apples
li Pears
showlist

label Apples
char phoenix hide
"Apples"
goto redo

label Pears
char phoenix hide
"Pears"
goto redo

label list4
list list4
li Pizza
li Spaghetti
showlist

label Pizza
char phoenix hide
"Pizza"
goto redo

label Spaghetti
char phoenix hide
"Spaghetti"
goto redo



This all being said... I'm more than happy to help you out with any problems you might have, but if you need help in the future, please contact me via PM, rather than this thread. I'd like to keep it strictly to discussion of this fangame. :pearl:


wow, thanks for the code. it much similiar what i want. :jake:
sorry for ask you in this thread. :sadshoe: next time i will be more carefully.
Image

~just passing through the path of truth~
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Here's another character who will be appearing in the case. This one was a bit new for me, as I had to make his whole head entirely from scratch.

Spoiler:
Image
Name: Nathen Togamera
Gender: Male
Age: 36
A pompous FBI agent who is investigating the criminal activities of the victim. Seems to think he's the most important thing in the world.

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Here's a few screenshots from Turnabout on the Web.

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

RD

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Posts: 122

Spoiler:
Ropfa wrote:
Here's a few screenshots from Turnabout on the Web.

Image
Image
Image
Image


nice screenshot. can't wait to see this case complete.
Image

~just passing through the path of truth~
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Update:

I currently have two backgrounds and one character to complete, and then the first half of the case will be ready for beta-testing. One of the backgrounds is nearly complete and just needs a few finishing touches. The character sprite has the base complete and just needs to be adjusted for his different poses.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (beta-testing phase initiated)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

The first section of Turnabout on the Web is more or less complete and just needs to be beta-tested. I'll send it out to the testers later tonight.

1) Cardiovore
2) DudeWithAMask
3) Fuandon
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

Okay, I'm currently just waiting for one more beta-tester to respond back. In the meantime, I've updated the sprites for Obadiah Williamson.

Most changes were done to the hair and eyes. There was also a bit done on some of the noses, some shading around the eyes, and some anti-aliasing around the beardline.
New versions are on the left. Old versions are on the right.

Spoiler:
Image

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

Is Detective Watters in Case 2 or can't you say?
(Loving case 1!)
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

You say you're enjoying case one. Have you finished it yet?

Spoiler: spoilers for The Rogue Turnabout
Yes, Watters will be in this case and all future cases of Conflict of Interest. You will find this out in the first scene.

He got to keep his job, despite everything that happened. However, due to the events of the first case, he will be far less friendly to Phoenix than he initially was. Nice, carefree Watters has been replaced with snarky, passive-aggressive Watters.


Glad to hear you're liking it so far. :)

I expect the first half of Turnabout on the Web to be released sometime within the next week.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The world ends with you

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Posts: 184

Just where did you get the font for Conflict of Interest in logo?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

I actually didn't make that logo. I had a friend do it for me.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

**Spoiler** (Not sure how to use the codes properly)
Actually yes, I'm confronting Black at the moment (Third testimony) And yes, It's amazing:D
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (looking for voice actors)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

To do spoilers just click the [spoiler=] button above the text box.

Something like this will pop up on your screen.

[ spoiler= ][ /spoiler ] (minus the spaces)

Then just put what you want to say between the ][.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of case 2 complete)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

The first half of Turnabout on the Web is complete!!!



This part contains approximately the first half of Turnabout on the Web - The first investigation and trial.

A few things to note about this:

-It is strongly recommended that you upgrade Pywright to its latest version (0.987) to play this. I'm aware that there are a few bugs that show up in older versions which don't in the new one. In this first section it won't be necessary and the bugs in question can be easily skipped over. However, once the second part to this case comes around, you'll definitely want version 0.987, as there is one rather big error you'll encounter otherwise.

-In the examine screen for Upper Middle Street, there are occasionally some errors when you switch between the left and right halves. This seems to be an issue with the timing in the Pywright coding. I've already talked with Saluk about it and he said he'd look into it. Until then, it shouldn't be a big issue, since you never are required to visit the right half of the screen anyway.

-The ending. It will come full circle. Don't worry.

That all said... Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y48mmndqt98tob9
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of case 2 complete)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

It's downloading now!!!
Honestly, I can't wait. (I finally beat case 1!)

Anyway, just a quick question, *Contains Spoilers for case 1*
Spoiler:
Why doesn't Detective Watters thank Nick after he gets him off the hook in the end of case 1?
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of case 2 complete)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The world ends with you

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Posts: 184

I noticed a problem when you on AF. Talking lines aren't divided in three, it keeps going right and text isn't seen.
It happens first time when examine board.
Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (first half of case 2 complete)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Dracarys!

Gender: Male

Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm

Posts: 1221

PhoeFey123 wrote:
Spoiler:
Why doesn't Detective Watters thank Nick after he gets him off the hook in the end of case 1?



Spoiler:
He considered the whole predicament to be Nick's fault in the first place (despite it indeed being largely his own fault). It was sort of like a breach of trust to him, so he's a bit bitter.




JoekerTrack wrote:
I noticed a problem when you on AF. Talking lines aren't divided in three, it keeps going right and text isn't seen.
It happens first time when examine board.



Found it and fixed it. That whole scene is a mess to try and program, since it's basically a whole bunch of interlocking menus all with the same text.
Page 2 of 30 [ 1170 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot?] and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO