Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

[PyWright] Sai Manor: Ace Attorney - The GameTopic%20Title

Sai Manor: Ace Attorney

LOL NVM I'm just gonna make it in PyWright since it's much easier. The only downside is a much lower quality in terms of artwork and less smooth animations. I'm a beginner at PyWright, but Ropfa's tutorial is helping me a lot :)

No guarantees on release, this is just a side project I'm working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqz3Esa2o6k

Spoiler: old post
Hi! I'm darkcompgeek.You may know me from the Sai Manor: Ace Attorney thread, about the flash movies I made.

Many people have asked me to turn SMAA into an actual game, and I've always declined, because I didn't know how to.

Now I do.

So now, I'm going to try a little experiment: Try and port as much of the Ace Attorney gameplay into Flash as possible. This will take place in the form of a game version of Sai Manor: Ace Attorney. And if this experiment is successful, then I'll try and make a full playable version of Episode 1 of Sai Manor: Ace Attorney.

What about the non-playable, YouTube version, you ask? That will probably be retired. Making the non-playable version takes a VERY long time, and I simply don't have the time to, what with me having a life and all. This allows me to make a few changes to the YouTube version, the main one being that Night Before Turnabout and Turnabout Debut (not released yet) will be combined into a single case, with two parts (as in, Night Before Turnabout, and then the To be Continued screen, and then Turnabout Debut)

To start this experiment off, I've thrown together a quick porting of the title screen, case select, and a VERY VERY tiny portion of the gameplay. By very very tiny, I mean no dialogue, no court record, just a background and a text box.

The SMAA "engine" is built on Flash and Adobe AIR technology. This is really nice, since that means with the power of AIR, the engine can run on desktop as well as android devices. In fact, the first release of this engine can run on desktop and android as well. (I tested it on my Galaxy Note 3 and it looks...beautiful.)

Lastly, I want you to remember that this is just an experiment, so I might abandon this later. If asked, maybe I might post the files online so someone else can continue. I won't be fixing any bugs relating to specific computers, so don't ask me to (I'm a beginner at this anyway, and I suck at this kind of stuff).

If you guys want to try it out, I'll upload version 0.0.1 and provide the links shortly. It's pretty pathetic right now, but I'll make sure to update it with more features like the Court Record

(desktop download coming tomorrow)

DESKTOP REQUIREMENTS
1920x1080 screen resolution is recommended (it opens really big, but the window is resizable)
Adobe AIR Runtime

DOWNLOAD ANDROID VERSION

ANDROID REQUIREMENTS
Check "Allow Installation from Unknown Sources" in Settings
Adobe AIR (app takes you to Play Store if not installed)
Possibly requires 1920x1080 screen

ANDROID SUPPORTED DEVICES (reply if it works on a device you own so I can add it to this list)
Galaxy Note 3

Version 0.0.1 includes:
Working Menu Screen
Working Episode Select Screen
Working Sounds
Non-Functional Gameplay

Known Issues in 0.0.1:
Weird ticking noise in Android version

Goals for the next version:
Implement Court Record
Insert Test Dialogue

Desktop Version
Android version running on my Galaxy Note 3

Last edited by darkcompgeek on Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:32 am, edited 12 times in total.
Re: [Experiment] Sai Manor: Ace Attorney - The Game.Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

Good luck dark,

Hope this becomes a popular fan series :D
Re: [Experiment][v0.0.1]Sai Manor: Ace Attorney - The Game.Topic%20Title

"Justice!"

So.. does this mean the film is going to be cancelled and it's going to be turned into a game.. or?

UdgeyWudgey wrote:
So.. does this mean the film is going to be cancelled and it's going to be turned into a game.. or?

For now, I'm going to continue production of the film, at least until the first episode comes out. Afterward, I plan to take a break for a while, but in the downtime I might try porting more stuff to the engine.

It's not released publicly yet, but I have working dialogue implemented, and the sprites should be easy to add, but what's holding me back is the pause menu and court record, because I have no idea how to add those stuff in.

"Justice!"

darkcompgeek wrote:
UdgeyWudgey wrote:

For now, I'm going to continue production of the film, at least until the first episode comes out. Afterward, I plan to take a break for a while, but in the downtime I might try porting more stuff to the engine.

It's not released publicly yet, but I have working dialogue implemented, and the sprites should be easy to add, but what's holding me back is the pause menu and court record, because I have no idea how to add those stuff in.

Well that's cool, but will it be exactly like the film, or..?

Wether or not, it sounds like a nifty idea.

UdgeyWudgey wrote:
darkcompgeek wrote:
UdgeyWudgey wrote:

Well that's cool, but will it be exactly like the film, or..?

Wether or not, it sounds like a nifty idea.

The engine is literally exactly like the film. Same grpahics, same animations, etc. It's basically the film but in playable form, and with the HUD (pause, court record, etc.) overlaying it.
Re: [PyWrightSai Manor: Ace Attorney - The GameTopic%20Title

lol nvm I just decided to make it in PyWright instead. OP Updated with details
Re: [PyWright] Sai Manor: Ace Attorney - The GameTopic%20Title

Also to any PyWright experts out there, is it possible to code sounds into the UI? (like when you click the court record button it plays that sexy sound effect and when you hit back it plays that sexy "goes back" sound effect") It really bugs me. I also can't figure out how to make the screen shake either. IMO both of those are minor points that make the Ace Attorney experience more complete, so I want to add them.

Current stage: Redoing the sprites to make them more in line with the Original Trilogy by cel shading. Also, it makes them pop out from the "flat" background w/o shading

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ooh, nice!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Here's a look at some of the sprites under the new art style. As they are completed, this post will be updated and will eventually be folded into the OP

(also, yeah the bottom of most of the sprites is usually messed up because that's the part where the defense bench overlaps the sprite, making those imperfections unnoticeable)

[SPRITES LAST UPDATED: 1/10/16]
Spoiler: Sai Manor
ImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by darkcompgeek on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mia Payne

darkcompgeek wrote:
Here's a look at some of the sprites under the new art style. As they are completed, this post will be updated and will eventually be folded into the OP

(also, yeah the bottom of most of the sprites is usually messed up because that's the part where the defense bench overlaps the sprite, making those imperfections unnoticable

Spoiler: Sai Manor
ImageImageImage

Is been a while!

added some more sprites plus a "last updated counter" to the previous post
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games