Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

PW: Truth and ConsequencesTopic%20Title

There's Always Someone Else

Play it now! Both cases 1 and 2 are fully playable and Case 3 Part 1 is available! https://gamejolt.com/games/truth-and-consequences/783854

Rather watch it than play it? I've got you covered: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa4OkmpbQHda8JmlGnuYmy949mM4uOyvr

Premise:
Set just a few weeks after Spirit of Justice, Phoenix Wright and his friends take on five brand new cases! Meanwhile, a notorious serial killer has come out of hiding to target Miles Edgeworth. Can Phoenix figure out who this killer is before they come after Edgeworth himself? And does the fact that a prosecutor from his past has returned have anything to do with this current dilemma?

This game will spoil major plot points from AA1-AA6, although I am doing my best to keep the Spirit of Justice and Dual Destinies spoilers to a minimum. The trilogy and AA4 spoilers are unavoidable though.

Here are some basic summaries of the cases:
Spoiler: Case 1: The Turnabout Method (Available Now)
Ema has been accused of murdering a scientist she was working with, and it's up to Athena Cykes to crack the case and figure out who the true killer is and what really happened that night. What she wasn't expecting, however, was for so many familiar faces to show up to support Ema... or is there an ulterior motive?

Spoiler: Case 2: Turnabout Ladies Night (Available Now)
When Larry bursts into the Wright Anything Agency begging for help, Phoenix Wright is surprised to discover that he has a girlfriend. Who is a real human woman. And she's been framed for murder! Join Phoenix, Maya, and Trucy as they uncover the truth in as what was supposed to be a fun ladies' night turned deadly.

Spoiler: Case 3: The Twin Turnabout (Available Now)
Athena Cykes is surprised to be contacted out of the blue by Simon Blackquill, whose friend from prison has been accused of theft. But when Athena herself starts to be targeted by something she can't explain, she can't help but feel like this case is more complicated than she initially thought. Can she, Trucy, and Apollo solve this case and save Blackquill's friend, or will they have to flee from danger before something worse happens to them?

Spoiler: Case 4: The Shattered Turnabout
To celebrate her official christening as Master, Maya decides to invite several familiar faces from Khura'in in an attempt to create unity between their very different cultures. But the morning of her christening, something goes horribly wrong and a beloved character is accused of committing a devastating crime. And unfortunately, there's a lot of evidence against them. Now Phoenix Wright must defend a client he cares deeply about all while fighting the nagging suspicion that they might be guilty after all. But are they?

I can't give too many details here but I've written a lot for this case and I think it's some of my best work. I'm really excited to share it!

Spoiler: Case 5: The Unconventional Turnabout
Not long after returning from Khura'in, Apollo Justice is dragged to a convention by Trucy, who just wants to get out of the house and do something different. But then a body is discovered in the convention center and none other than Klavier Gavin himself has been accused of the murder! But the more Apollo and Trucy investigate, the less sense this case makes. And it doesn't help that a popular youtuber who is obsessed with conspiracy theories has taken it upon herself to try and play detective alongside them while offering more and more outlandish theories about what really happened. But could she be onto something?.

Spoiler: Case 6: Turnabout of the Past
Error 404: Case summary not found.

In other words, giving you a plot summary would spoil too much of the earlier cases.

I'm developing this on PyWright and writing almost all of it. The story itself is pretty solidified, though I'm sure I'll be tweaking it here and there. I want it to be a full length game and I have experience making games before. If there's anyone in the Jacksepticeye community here, I'm the dev behind The BOSS. I've also made other games in that universe, but this is my first time making a VN. I've been writing for over 2 decades and studying these characters to write them as accurately as possible.

As for content warnings, it's a little darker than the mainstream games but I can't think of anything especially triggering. I'd say a solid T, not too extreme but not super light either. No extreme language, no gore. One case in particular is definitely a tear jerker (I know because I've actually teared up while writing it, and I've never done that before in over 20 years as a writer).

Stay tuned for updates. I am looking to commission artists too (I'm a writer, not an artist, unfortunately), so let me know if you want to help out!

That seems to be just about everything I can say at this point. Please let me know what you think if you've played it!

Last edited by LilyGrace on Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Re: PW: Truth and ConsequencesTopic%20Title

Saw the video of the first scene. Gotta say, looking pretty good so far. Excited to see where this goes.

Case 2: Turnabout Ladies Night will be out TOMORROW! So keep your eyes peeled for it and expect a pretty fun time. I'm not going to promise that case is anything spectacular, but I do think it's pretty good for a first case and I had a lot of fun making it.

It's out! Check the main post for the link to download it. I hope you like it. :)

Case 1: The Turnabout Method is complete and uploaded, so now you can play both of them! Just... let me know if you like it. I haven't gotten much feedback, which is fine but I was just hoping it was enjoyable.

ace best boy

Yo, I loved the game and I think it has a lot of potential. It does a really good job of hooking you in. I also really liked how the characters looked and how varied the responses were depending on which profile you submitted and which character you were talking to. Overall, I'm still very curious as to where the story is headed. Wish you guys the best! :bellboy: :apollo:
PS: btw where do you get the most recent version of PyWright?

Grnk! (This disturbs me greatly!)

Impressive how fast you're churning out these cases.

Noriakiboi wrote:
Yo, I loved the game and I think it has a lot of potential. It does a really good job of hooking you in. I also really liked how the characters looked and how varied the responses were depending on which profile you submitted and which character you were talking to. Overall, I'm still very curious as to where the story is headed. Wish you guys the best! :bellboy: :apollo:
PS: btw where do you get the most recent version of PyWright?

I'm really glad you liked it! I worked really hard on this game and it's great to see others enjoying it. I loved writing the profile dialogue! Try submitting character profiles when specifically asked things like "which character did [thing]?" or "who do you want to call to the stand?" because I have written a lot of goofy dialogue for that very purpose. Like you can literally present any profile for a unique response in The Turnabout Method when Athena is prompted to bring someone to the stand. And yes, this includes herself, the victim, and and character who is currently on the stand. I love little touches like that, and case 4 has a scene like that, but I can't provide details because spoilers.

To answer your question, the most recent version of PyWright was developed specifically for T&C. In fact, I've just uploaded 0.99.2, which isn't strictly required to play T&C but it does contribute to the experience. The only real change is core.py in the core folder, so you could always just paste that in and then delete if you wanted to. I've also updated The Turnabout Method because I got some comments about how Athena wasn't getting enough time to shine and I kind of agreed. The biggest difference is the opening scene, which I uploaded to the SPG youtube channel anyway and the rest is just minor dialogue changes and a few more small gameplay sections, nothing major.

Emerald Objects wrote:
Impressive how fast you're churning out these cases.

I appreciate the compliment, but I think The Turnabout Method could have been better when I initially released it. I only spent about a month and a half on it vs. 4 months on Turnabout Ladies Night. Both of which only have one trial. Case 3 (which I'm still working on) has gotten to the first trial, but it'll be a while. I'm hoping it'll be out in a couple months. Case 4, on the other hand, I've already done quite a bit of it so the wait might not be as long between 3 and 4. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the game!

Case 3 Part 1 is up! Excited for you to meet all the characters! They were a lot of fun to write! The rest of the case should go up hopefully soon. There was a bit of development hell at the start but that's all smoothed out now and it should go pretty well moving forward. Hopefully the next part can be released sooner than 9 months after the last part!

The Turnaboutler (Not)

This fan game is extremely good and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a damn good plot and wants Athena appreciation
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games