Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 5 of 14[ 545 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Re: Court Records THE GAME!Topic%20Title

He PMed me telling me I could help out with the story, but I haven't heard from him since. Maybe he's just busy with school at the moment. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this project, though.
ImageImage

What a Day. . .

Same here, hope something happens this week. . .

The defender of Justice!

After such a long time of not being around i have finished my concept idea for the game, I really like it and i hope you guys do too! If it is liked tell me and i will start advancing in the game even more.

The concept plot

Spoiler:
Court Records has become so popular that it sponded and became a mmo game. User profiles were reset to allow the trassition to the mmo server. In the MMO every town has a cyber center( in game where users can access forums, and in game events) Players have been enjoying the new game. Although flamming and pking has become an issue. Gears, a true flammer insults everybody and finally the M.O.D.S. have stepped in. Croik herself bans him, ( this is how the banning system works for the mmo, the m.o.d.s who wish to ban someone for whatever reason has to battle the one to be banned, so mod vs player, if the mod wins the player is banned and if the player wins that player gets off the hook that time but if they violate anymore rules the instantly get banned, no chances) Croik wins the battle and gears final words are "I will destroy Court Records" and he gets banned. About a week later the server lags badly and and gear returns to CR. He hacked in from an unknown sorce. He can pk anyone and he wants without a confirmation from the player to fight and he unleashs a virus onto the mainstream server of the game. The M.O.D.S. Have become aware of these events and they all attack gears to get him destroyed. He manages to defaet them all due to the virus's power and he bans them all but with the virus in the stream it makes all who get banned fall into comas. so the mods fall into a coma. The only M.O.D.S left is Croik. Gears calls out Croik and sends every user a video of the battle of gears vs croik and all the users witness gears defeating Croik. All see her get banned. The game world is at an uncertanty of what is occuring and many users seek answers.

And if this is indeed the plot for the game i have thought of a story for the game

Spoiler:
It has been several months since cr bacame an mmo, winged cloud decides to join the mmo, After making his avatar he is logged into the first town of the game. Here he is to look around town and do the battle tutorial, After he does so he gets an message from croik ( sent to all users) Stating that gears has been banned and a video of there battle) after reading the message Winged cloud logs out. Later on a diffrent day he logs back in, and he decides to do a quest for exp and to get a feel for the game. after he does the quest and wins the game gets a bit laggy, and suddenly werid black forms have appeared in the town. Winged cloud gets into a battle with one and wins, and then after the battle a video pops up on his screen showing gears talking and then him fighting Croik. and he watchs as she gets banned and then the video stops, winged cloud is confused, and doesnt know what is going on. So he heads to a gate ( which is a way to another area) and heads to a bigger town to see if anyone can say whats going on.

hopefully this will be a well liked idea to start with....and this week i wont be on much, today ill be off and on, tuesday same thing, wed: hardly at all Lost odyssey comes out and that will take my time, Thursday: valtinesday. i have plans, friday: off and on. so yeah, i hope this is a great advance though...hopefully like i siad, everyone will like it.
<3 Happily CR married to Comfortably Numb =D
Image Image Image

Last edited by winged cloud on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I may or may not be here.

Epic story! But you may want to make the player an unnamed character. Or let the player name them. Other than that I love it!
ImageImage

What is my liiiife?!?

It's a good plot, and the coma thing is a very nice touch. I do hope this is just the setup of the plot though and that as it goes on it gets deeper. I like DOOOOM! XD

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yay, I love the plot! Just one newbish question: What does 'pk' mean? :payne: (*sigh*... all this newfangled internet lingo...)
-The PW Musical!- In love with, and CR married to, Winged Cloud! <3

The defender of Justice!

pk means player killer. The idea is to have a named main character though...just cause u cant change the name for the charcter yourself, and i just would want the main person to be me.....if its ok. oh and the plot will indeed be even more than what i presented.
Image Image Image

What a Day. . .

F'ing awesome!! I can't wait to draw stuff around this!!
My M.O.D.S deigns should be finished soon, so I'll post that here before Tuesday!

The defender of Justice!

Im glad everyone is enjoying it so far. So does this seem ok for the final plot? ( with maybe a little editing or something maybe) Because the sooner everyone likes it the sooner we move on with the game
Image Image Image

I've got to say, the story sounds pretty sweet! It reminds me of Assassin's Creed, since the main storyline takes place in a "Virtual Reality" of sorts.
ImageImage

What is my liiiife?!?

Obviously it'll need tweaking, but all plots do. :D I suggest that we roll with it, and begin writing the story, creating the art, and all the other stuff that needs doing :) I would suggest we not use your char as the main though... people will think your ego's big.

The defender of Justice!

hmm.....well i was thinking of having winged cloud kinda not knowing much of anything ( reguarding the mmo and such so i dunno, i still want him to be the main charcter....lets just see what we can come up with i guess....But i was thinking of charcter growth. like winged cloud is kinda quiet but as he travels with the other party members he starts to talk more, and later get a actual good feel for things and becomes more likable as the game goes on.) I dunno....I think i could make it work without making it seem like of corse he's the main charcter kind of thing...trust me i guess...

Oh and for reference i kinda based this a bit like .hack. ( comas and vr game.)
Image Image Image

Winged Cloud. This Plot loks really good and this could make a great RPG. Though, I do have One question. Who will be some of the people Gears bans with the Virus, and w ho will be some of the 'Townspeople' most comm,on in RPGs like this? Please let one Townsperson be me, Please let one townsperson be me, Please let one Townsperson be me

Allso Gerkuman, It's technically his idea of an RPG. I say it would be good if he was the Main character. Besides, If we have it this way we might not have sixty pages of 'I wanna be the Main Character' 'No me' 'I'm better' 'Let me be it' 'Lol. I totally deserve it'

Instead of having a set name for the main character, we could have the player type in their name at the beginning, and the game would just fill in the blanks whenever the character's name is said. That's the system they use for the LOZ games.
ImageImage

What a Day. . .

Yea, having a open main character would be pretty cool. Guess someone would like playing as a OC than a forum member.

A fad in a castle

The plot sounds really nice and interesting. I hope some Ace Attorney-ish references make into the game...

I also wanted to request that I change my in-game appearance. I'd rather appear to be like my OC... which is a clone of Phoenix Wright.. cloned by Dr. Damon Gant. After the cloning procedures, the clone was spliced with a Raichu. And now you have Raichu A. Gantight. I can get some images up later.
ImageImageImage

The defender of Justice!

I cant do the name your charcter thing anyway. Rpgmaker2003 isnt smart like that. Takita the ppl who gears bans are the mods, and any who oppose him and lose the fight to him. He also bans random users as well. Towns people will consist of users and set ppl u see when playing a mmo. all npcs except for some who will join the party.
So was my delay in posting worth it?

edit
And there will be AA refrences, (music, names)
Image Image Image

What a Day. . .

Hell yea it was worth it, I thought you skipped town xD!

I thought RPG Maker allowed you to name a character? It must have been a add-on a while ago when I used to mess around with it. . . going to have to look into it.

How much experience do you have with RPG Maker Wing?

The defender of Justice!

Good amount and i have a friend who knows more than me about it (he'll help he says) and weve made games before with it. He's good at making his own stuff too. So yeah. I guess i have a year or so of experience with it ( 5 years if u count other versions)
Image Image Image

winged cloud:
The basic story sounds nice. The pk/comatose idea sounds too .hack//-ish, IMO (especially the comatose part).
Second, I'm curious as to what M.O.D.S. stands for.
Also, there's something about the current adversary called "Gears": Is this the name of a former CR poster who was actually banned, or something of your design?
Keep in mind that simply having one major villain and a series of lesser baddies won't make the game as exciting (w/ an RPG-based game at least).
With a story this big, "Gears" couldn't have pulled off this stunt him/herself. Either "Gears" has select group of "commanders" leading attack on CR and/or "Gears" is a pawn in a bigger scheme for control.
PW character and references? Why not? That's what CourtRecords was founded upon!
It'll be a little tough to work around the official storyline.

If it's possible, I would also like to lend my support in this project. It's been sometime since I've tackled RPGMaker (I no longer have the program on my computer, though) and I would really like to help out with the story.
Wii Code: 2249-0584-6376-4379
Brawl Code: 1289-8098-6633/EGX
Mario Kart Wii: 2105-9059-1291

PCHOOO

Gears refers to the user "GearsOfTheApparatus" who was banned a few months ago. He probably had one of the biggest impacts on CR of any user here, as evidenced by the fact that he's become the main villain in this game. I wonder what he thinks/would think of his legacy?

The defender of Justice!

.....if u read this thread from page one youll know gears isnt the true enemy... remeber me talking about the 3 chapters? And as i said, many refrences to .hack
Image Image Image

ZOMG PLOT TWIST!! :beef:
ImageImage

The defender of Justice!

Good news! I just found a mp3 patch for rpg maker 2003, some mp3s work while some dont...so i decided the game will range from midis and mp3s, so some music will sound very good while others not so much,
Image Image Image

A fad in a castle

RufusLLS wrote:
I thought RPG Maker allowed you to name a character? It must have been a add-on a while ago when I used to mess around with it. . . going to have to look into it.

It's possible with RPG Maker XP... although not very sure of 2000 and 2003. XP had a place where you could edit scripts and add extra scripts. With 2k and 2003 you can't.

And could of you for finding the MP3 patch.
ImageImageImage

What a Day. . .

Nice MP3 find, I'm sure everyone working on this has enough great songs to add to this.

I guess I was on XP when I was doing that, owell.

The defender of Justice!

For the next few days ( maybe next week as well) I will be making a concept game, of what i have posted here, so you will see the game and how it runs thus far ( dont worry, nothing is final espically the sprites, they will all be from the rpgmaker system but music may be from outside sources,. so look forward to that, i will make a video of it so you can watch it, and later find a way to make it a demo.
Image Image Image

What a Day. . .

Can't you add your own sprites to the system? We all know there's a lot of talented sprite editors here on the forums, we could have the characters customized. Would make it a whole lot better when since it'll go well with the concept art you know?

The defender of Justice!

You can, Im just making this a concept little thing. Nothing truly final. so why rush the sprites when my goal for the demo is just a feel for the game and see whats going on with it. Nothing big or anything. But after the demo sprites will take control of the default models.
Image Image Image

Hey, would you be pissed if I made some mp3s? Just fo rthe game, I dunno, but I like that sorta thing...

The defender of Justice!

Not at all, i love music and i want to be a composer, so by all means make some, just...let it be music, not band stuff. Well.. actually its up to you..just what i perfer.
Image Image Image

If you mean more video-game-backround style music, then that's what I was thinking.

The defender of Justice!

Exactly, then we are on the same page here. Ok go on ahead and make any mp3 you want. ( town, events, battles, ) anything
Image Image Image

A fad in a castle

http://www.vgmusic.com/

They're midi files, and the best place to get... most, if not all, of music from games. Some are also remixed versions too.
ImageImageImage

I may or may not be here.

I still think we should use a different name... Maybe something like "Hero" or the opposite "Zero". Or even something like "You" or something like that. Because it should really be the player's story, the player is the one who lives it. That just my thoughts though.
ImageImage

OOC, what kind of music do you want specifically? Ambient music or tune? Is the setting dark and ominous, or carfree? I'm thinking a main overworld concept theme is a good one to start with, unless you have something specifically chosen for that. And do you want a PWish touch?

Sorry bout all the questions, as well.

And I agree with having an open/undefined main character...more people would like that.

The defender of Justice!

For music it will be mutiple themes, dark, carefree, and such so go ahead and make anything you want. I dont have much offically chosen yet so go on ahead with the over map, if i dont like it for that i can put it in a area or whatever we agree on where it can go, some songs can have a pw twist if you wish, i dont mind cause im using some pw music for the game ( as of now the variation corned theme from pw 3 is the battle ( a bit faster though tempo) and i have the final boss ( so far ) down.
Image Image Image

A fad in a castle

Why don't we just base the main character on a cat humanoid named Shoe? Almost anyone can agree to that. >_>
ImageImageImage

The defender of Justice!

*sigh* Main charcter winged cloud.......

unless i think of somethign else...he will be the main charcter. Sorry if it seems like an asshole move...but itll work out,
Image Image Image

A fad in a castle

...Okay well, would a player want to play as you? Sometimes it's a good idea to take the player's point of view into account. At least in my opinion.

Not trying to be offensive here or anything...
ImageImageImage
Page 5 of 14 [ 545 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games