Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Monjaro Mojo: Ace PokéttorneyTopic%20Title

pixel artist

In a world filled with crime... (and Pokemon)
One man (or Pokemon) steps up to meet the challenge.
To protect the innocent and weak.
To find the truth.
To solve the mystery.
That man/Pokemon is... Monjaro Mojo.

Logo coming soon. I changed his name after I made the original logo.

So I've decided to make a fangame.
The basic premise is that the Pokemon world has started getting a recent influx of crime, and while the police have been doing a good job of keeping it under control, many people say that the police are only out for themselves, and that some of the people they capture are innocent.
Giratina, the leader of the Pokemon in Arceus's absence, has called for attorneys to take the cases of Pokemon who call for a fair trial. Defense attorneys... and prosecuters.
In the court, you play as Monjaro Mojo, a Tangrowth and rookie defense attorney. Investigate, cross-examine, and object in the Pokemon World!

The characters are similar in place to PW characters (for example, you have a mentor/aide, detective, 'starter-prosecutor'), but I try to make them different in personality. Also... the plot is different. :3

I'll be making sprites to accompany these profiles shortly.

Characters (Main and Case 1 for now):

Monjaro Mojo: Tangrowth, Level (Age) 24 (yes I know Tangela can't evolve this early... Level discrepancies may occur with other characters, too).
Monjaro is the main character, fighting for justice in the Pokemon world. Slightly naive, but is loyal, trustworthy, and all around a good guy.

Clefla Trebal: Clefable, Level 32
Clefla is Monjaro's mentor, who sticks with him through most of the game. Acting as his aide in court, she is bouncy, happy, and smart, but can get downright BAD when angered.

Bruno Zingy: Bronzong, Level 47
Bruno has been prosecuting for a long time, but hardly ever wins a case. This could possibly be attributed to the fact that he often overlooks evidence...

Windie Cloudé: Arcanine, Level 28
Windie serves as the homicide detective for the game. She is always at the top of her game when it comes to gathering evidence, but absolutely hates her job. This may lead her to help Monjaro at some points...

Bakuufal Rupto: Typhlosion, Level 25
Considered a prodigy for being such a great prosecutor at such a young age, Bakuufal takes his job very seriously. For some unknown reason, he consideres Monjaro a rival of sorts.

Doofet Buns: Bibarel, Level 23
Doofet is the defendant of the first case. He is convicted of the murder of a shopkeeper after a large, hulky figure in a potato sack was said to have robbed a Pokémart and killed the cashier there. Eventually, he becomes a friend and ally of Monjaro.

Wilma Burtay: Wobuffet, Level 53 (Deceased)
Wilma is the victim of the first case. She was working as the cashier at the Pokémart that Doofet supposedly robbed.

Judge Abomasnow: Abomasnow, Level Unknown
This elderly Pokemon presides over most of the cases in the court that Monjaro goes to. Although he has been a judge for a long time, he is still surprised by the strange things that often happen in Pokécourt...

The game will be made using PWLib most likely, unless I find it too hard.
If I finish the sprites before PWlib is released, I will make the first case using the online casemaker.

If you are a custom spriter or just a Pokemon fan and would be willing to help sprite/make up characters for the game, please contact me!

Last edited by seka on Mon May 19, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Monjaro Mojo: Ace PokéttorneyTopic%20Title

Don't mess.

Looks awesome.

If you ever need copy-editing, ideas, etc. just give a yell.

wow. what's with all these crossovers? first The World Ends With You, now this? Next thing you know, there'll be a game called:

"MEGA MAN: ACE ATTORNEY"

or

"SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: ACE ATTORNEY"

or maybe even

"BILL COSBY: ACE ATTwait i think i went a bit too far there

pixel artist

I believe there's already a sonic one. xD
Crossovers appear wherever there's fandom. This just started as me wanting to sprite Tangrowth on the defense bench.

A fad in a castle

Hah, this sounds fun. I wish you luck.
ImageImageImage

seka wrote:
I believe there's already a sonic one. xD
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
seka wrote:
Crossovers appear wherever there's fandom. This just started as me wanting to sprite Tangrowth on the defense bench.
oh don't get me wrong i'm not saying it's a bad thing but i'm just curious about the rising number of crossovers.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I think the whole crossover thing is basically inevitable. The thing about PW is that its gameplay can be twisted to match almost any world - hell, in some cases, even the PW world, characters, settings, and all, can work with others (the easiest example I can think of is Trauma Center.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Games