Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 42 of 42[ 1674 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Re: PyWright Case Engine ver 0.9880! (Finally)Topic%20Title

Anyone know how to change buttons images midgame? I want to change the buttons on the examine screen specifically so they're more game accurate.

ASCEND

My version of PyWright doesn't seem to be working. Whenever I try to open it, this message appears.

Then it tells me to close the program. This error seems to be happening for both of the current versions of PyWright, and I have no idea how to fix it, other than maybe redownloading the whole thing.

EDIT: I turned the computer off and back on, and then I could open it. I guess it was some kind of momentary glitch.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Godot Blend 001

Scent wrote:
The music pack .rar file on PyWright's website is damaged. Whenever I download it and try to extract the files, it says that the file might be damaged, or could not be downloaded completely.

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but if not, I've put together an archive of Ace Attorney music tracks I've recorded directly from the Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box on YouTube, which offers higher quality versions of the originals, even better than the DS format. All the tracks have been converted in Audacity to .ogg format, 44100hz 32-bit stereo, so they should sound quite nice in PyWright. Most of them loop seamlessly, more or less, though some tracks like the Bitter Taste of Truth are rather tricky due to the lack of any pause in the instruments to make for a good looping spot. Tracks that need them have both intros and loops and a few have different versions to start the music track at a different spot.

There's a download available here at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Z2dw0qrx0hLWMweEtzbDJzQ1U, which contains about 96 files from the first three games. Most of the Ace Attorney 1-3 tracks are there, though not all as I haven't been using several in any of my own.

Last edited by Spybreak001 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Apollon Flame

Spybreak001 wrote:
Scent wrote:
The music pack .rar file on PyWright's website is damaged. Whenever I download it and try to extract the files, it says that the file might be damaged, or could not be downloaded completely.

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but if not, I've put together an archive of Ace Attorney music tracks I've recorded directly from the Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box on YouTube. All the tracks have been converted in Audacity to .ogg format, 44100hz 32-bit stereo, so they should sound quite nice in PyWright. Most of them loop seamlessly, more or less, though some tracks like the Bitter Taste of Truth are rather tricky due to the lack of any pause in the instruments to make for a good looping spot. Tracks that need them have both intros and loops and a few have different versions to start the music track at a different spot.

There's a download available here at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Z2dw0qrx0hclpIQTBLS2xaQTQ/view?usp=sharing, which contains about 96 files from the first three games. Most of the Ace Attorney 1-3 tracks are there, though not all as I haven't been using several in any of my own.

Hey. Thanks for sharing. Much oblige. :)~
A King

in name

alone...

Godot Blend 001

Scent wrote:
Spybreak001 wrote:
Scent wrote:

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but if not, I've put together an archive of Ace Attorney music tracks I've recorded directly from the Gyakuten Saiban Sound Box on YouTube. All the tracks have been converted in Audacity to .ogg format, 44100hz 32-bit stereo, so they should sound quite nice in PyWright. Most of them loop seamlessly, more or less, though some tracks like the Bitter Taste of Truth are rather tricky due to the lack of any pause in the instruments to make for a good looping spot. Tracks that need them have both intros and loops and a few have different versions to start the music track at a different spot.

There's a download available here at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Z2dw0qrx0hclpIQTBLS2xaQTQ/view?usp=sharing, which contains about 96 files from the first three games. Most of the Ace Attorney 1-3 tracks are there, though not all as I haven't been using several in any of my own.

Hey. Thanks for sharing. Much oblige. :)~

No problem. Feel free to use them, and if there are any additional tracks not there already that you'd like to see added, just let me know and I can work on adding them in.

I know that flags can be set and activated in macros. But, hypothetically speaking, is there a possibility to set a flag in a check_evidence.txt file (i.e. to keep the story from moving forward until a certain piece of evidence is examined)? Regardless of its positive or negative impact on the gameplay, is such a trick possible to execute?

wew

Last edited by CE53 on Mon May 07, 2018 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm always having that problem, too. I would really appreciate help as well in properly running gif2strip.

I am trying to run PyWright but for some reason it isn't running can someone help me. The window for the software never pops up for some reason.

KageHitman wrote:
I am trying to run PyWright but for some reason it isn't running can someone help me. The window for the software never pops up for some reason.

What OS are you using? The program apparently has some issues with Mac, so it could be that.
Signature loading, please wait...

I'm trying to mess around with gif2strip but whenever i try to start up the script, there's an error that says:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gif2strip.py", line 1, in <module>
    import os,sys,pygame,math,urllib2,urllib,socket,time
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pygame\__init__.py", line 95, in <module>
    from pygame.base import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 Þ not a valid Win32 application.

Is there an alternate way to convert to GIF and/or make sheets?

Godot Blend 001

Darth Wiader wrote:
I know that flags can be set and activated in macros. But, hypothetically speaking, is there a possibility to set a flag in a check_evidence.txt file (i.e. to keep the story from moving forward until a certain piece of evidence is examined)? Regardless of its positive or negative impact on the gameplay, is such a trick possible to execute?

Looks like it. I just tested one to see if it would work, and it seems to work fine that way.

Uhm, Can someone please help me?
I am currently testing the android port of pywright. But everytime I opened a game, it will play the introduction part and suddenly freezes and force closes. I don't know what to do. :ron: (Sorry for my bad english)

Godot Blend 001

For those who would like to use Spirit of Justice's OST in their cases, I've compiled a selection of its courtroom themes for use. These are high quality versions of the source files themselves, converted into .ogg files, then cropped and arranged to work optimally in PyWright.

Download link is available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Z2d ... 2tLWllfalk. Includes the "home front" versions of Defendant Lobby, Court Begins, Moderato 2016, Allegro 2016, PW and AJ's Objection themes, The Basics of the Case, Logic Construct, Confess the Truth 2016, Cornered, and Won the Case, as well as Strange People and Child of Magic.

I noticed that Mike Meekins in artpack 10.86 still has one of his hand bandaged in most of his poses. This was a plot point in "Rise from the Ashes", but there is no really a reason for him to have it afterwards. So, for everyone who want to use him in their fancases, I edited his folder and replaced his sprites with the AJ-era ones:

https://mega.nz/#!P0xW3YiA!d7gBwESMRshH ... rXD8qCpxOI

(I also noticed that Bellboy's folder is missing, I may add him later)

Not to be confused with phoenix.

How do I use the Android app? How do I load up games onto it?

Neptune: I'm gonna nep this contradiction up!

Godot Blend 001

Thought I'd drop this off for everybody. I've compiled the entire Spirit of Justice OST in fan-game ready format. All tracks are arranged to play and loop optimally. Many thanks to KSA for providing me with the actual source files to work with!

A download link is present at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Z2d ... mdXMXU2blU. This is a comprehensive zip that contains every music track, including several of those carried over from Dual Destinies, for 115 individual files total.

All tracks are converted into 44100hz, 32 bit stereo.

Has anynone tried to make a case in a language other than English, or any other project that uses unicode characters and diacritical marks? The font pwinternational.ttf should be able to display several diacritics like ç, ï, ä, ñ etc. However, they don't work in textboxes!

For example, when I type "Der Braunbär" (German for brown bear) in the evidence file, it displays neatly:

but when I try to type the same word in a dialogue line, an error occurs:

Diacritics don't work also in the case select screen and in lists. Can anyone think of any solution???
I'm fine with editing Python core files, but I'd rather avoid it if possible.

PS. Here's my attempt to make a customized font which includes Polish letters:

JFYI, Zażółć gęślą jaźń is a common nonsensical test sentence containing all the Polish diacritic letters.

Dracarys!

Darth Wiader wrote:
Has anynone tried to make a case in a language other than English, or any other project that uses unicode characters and diacritical marks?

I think during CoI at one point, I tried to type a word with the Spanish ñ and it didn't work. I'd imagine that the core code would have to be altered somehow.

Update. I managed to force my characters to appear in textboxes, but I still get an error message whenever PyWright tries to display a character with diacritics. I need to click on those messages each time. Help!

Furthermore, I noticed that the lines are calculated incorrectly here, I have only 27 lines in my "intro" scene, but the message says errors occur in lines from 67 to 72 :meekins:.

EDIT: Although my customized characters do appear, some standard unicode letters like ä still don't work :sadshoe:. I don't understand then why does ó work of all things, as I didn't modify it (it appears in, among others, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian, so it was in the font by default). I'm seriously confused now.

German Translator

If someone would be able to make the letters ä, ü, ö and ß appear in textboxes, then it would be a great help for my translations of pywright games. :sadshoe:
Translating PyWright fangames into German
Currently translating: Conflict of Interest (by Ropfa)
Link: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33524&p=1466472#p1466472

Hexepta: Mayor Attack (German)
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33151&p=1442439#p1442439

Jakkid Series (German)
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 36&t=32893

Contempt of Court (German)
http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 36&t=32904

Protesto!

Well, I have tried to use the diacritics (á, ì, ê, õ and ç) on PyWright and didn't work. Someone know how to fix it?

The one with many faces

If anyone is literate in Python, I encourage whoever wants to look at it to try to fix it. I tried adding other ISO Latin characters to core/textutil.py file, but it broke the engine. As I want to integrate this as a fix, if anyone works on it and has a working solution, can you PM me so I can add it to my repository?

@E.D.Revolution - look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33328

Someone has found a solution for displaying Unicode characters.
Maybe you two should combine forces and create an ultimate version of PyWright ;-).

The one with many faces

See my response on the thread. I want to be able to work with the fix but...

The one with many faces

Double post: Are there any other major bugs in this or 0.989 that need to be squashed? Besides unicode support?

If it's about downloading assets within the app, there's nothing I can do with about since I do not control the website.

I remember that using "old" courtroom system with big background scrolling left and right caused some issues, this is probably why most game creators had abandoned it in favor of simply loading backgrounds of benches; this was one of the reasons why I halted my work on updating Ping's T-Sub. I'd have to run a test trial to provide further explanation (with possible screenshots); I'll try to do it until the end of the week. Be patient.

The one with many faces

Now were these gamebreaking or merely annoying bugs? I'll admit that sometimes even I get minor graphical bugs on my trial as a result

E.D.Revolution wrote:
Now were these gamebreaking or merely annoying bugs?

I have a nasty case of déjà vu, I think I have wrote about this somewhere before, maybe even to you ;-). So, I'll use my old examples.

It is a mostly annoying bug and while not gamebreaking by any means, has a negative impact on the gaming experience. During the trial sections, sometimes an incorrect sprite flashes for a split second, or, less often, a wrong background flashes before it gets scrolled to the appropriate one.

In the old courtroom scrolling system used in PyWright 0.988 and older versions, if no emotion is specified, character always uses the last emotion available (like in out-of-courtroom scenes, during investigations).

Let's take for example Ema's testimony from T-Sub in old PyWright 0.988.

Pressing statement 1B leads to a scene after which Apollo ends with an emotion called "sheepish". From now on, in all subsequent lines he uses this "sheepish" emotion (because these lines have no emotion definied) unless a new emotion (in this case, "confident") is ordered by script.And for the contrary, if the statement ema1B is ignored and not pressed, Apollo is not embarrassed anymore in every following statement.

This may be the source of problems with hiccups and flashing poses I've encountered when I tried to re-transcribe this scene to 0.989. Even when I try to add a corresponding emotion to every line it doesn't solve the issue, as PyWright 0.989 "cannot decide" for a blink of a second if to display the new emotion or to go with the previous one and flashes an incorrect one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YacmNBER0

Besides, there is also a similar problem with backgrounds:

I remember encountering a similar glitch in your MFAA - during Gumshoe's testimony, you intended some of his lines to be spoken for a change with the courtroom gallery overview as a background instead of the usual witness stand (much like in actual games). Meddling with pressing at various different points resulted in getting stuck with a gallery background displayed even when the witnes stand and Gumshoe's sprite were supposed to show up. It was an irreversible mess, although hard to re-produce.

The one with many faces

Regarding ASA, I have encountered this bug maybe a couple of times. I was replaying this case and the only thing I can think of is that there was a scripting error. I remember intentionally getting OHKO'd just to test out game over scenes and somehow after the HP bar slides out, the whole scene would slide out except for Udgey. It was a weird glitch I couldn't figure out until I looked at the initial script and it turns out I had forgotten to add a few lines. I remember when I first did this five years ago, I would account for this by using some fg tricks to hide errors.

Based on what I'm seeing on the that CE, this is a scripting error and not necessarily an engine bug. When using the court macro, this is why you call the pose at the start of the Press or whatever action you are using. I'd have to actually look at the script for TSub to confirm it but I'm 90% sure that bug is the result of a scripting error.

Judging from the save video, saves tend to screw up the poses it's supposed to use. Even I'm experiencing this, as I've changed the pose at the save point, and it reverts to the previous pose before going to the correct pose. This is definitely an engine problem. I won't guarantee that I can fix that, as it looks to be a very complicated fix.

The whole general bug I'm reading here... I suspect it is mostly a scripting or a macro error, as I can't think of any feasible way to reproduce this glitch reliably. I'll still have a look in the engine to see what could be causing this.

What fun is there in making sense?

For those who can't get gif2strip to work (like me) I found Piskel is a great alternative. You still have to make the txt files manually but it's better than trying to get gif2strip to work.

Piskel: https://www.piskelapp.com/

The one with many faces

Can anyone tell me how double backgrounds work here? I've been trying to get double backgrounds to work for investigations, but the button to scroll to the other side doesn't show up. How do you set up an investigation location that uses double backgrounds and utilizes it for examine menus? Double bg meaning 512*192.

Art Person

E.D.Revolution wrote:
Can anyone tell me how double backgrounds work here? I've been trying to get double backgrounds to work for investigations, but the button to scroll to the other side doesn't show up. How do you set up an investigation location that uses double backgrounds and utilizes it for examine menus? Double bg meaning 512*192.

I don't know the proper way, but I've cheesed it and made the scroll button something you can 'check'.

The only thing I don't get is the scroll button appears after you move to the right-half of the image, and the way I got this to work was to make a separate image for the background with the scroll button paste on top on both halves of the image you're examining, and make it something you can check.

This works as an alternative if you know how to disable the in-engine scroll button just for this but "set _scroll_button false" and some variations I've tried didn't seem to get it. (Please let me know if you do!)
Spoiler: The code I tried with some examples of how it'd work
set _scroll_button false
label left
bg gourde

examine
region 135 58 85 119 camera
region 105 156 48 24 moveright
menu scene1

label camera
char phoenix hide
"This is a camera."
goto left

label moveright
bggourde stack y=192
scroll x=-256 speed=6
goto right

label right
bg gourde x=-256
examine
region 355 72 91 47 car
region 361 156 48 24 moveleft
menu scene1

label car
char phoenix hide
"This is a car."
goto right

label moveleft
bggourde stack y=192
scroll x=256 speed=6
goto left

background I tested:

Does anyone have looped version of the Trials & Tribulations soundtrack? I need to put music in my case but I can't loop it. :edgeworth:
Page 42 of 42 [ 1674 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Board index » Present Evidence » Games