Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 2 of 4[ 154 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Case 2 Discussion Thread - Turnabout Airline (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Moving on up!

I just finished the case and I can't wait to see how they localize alot of these things.

I also love that Edgeworth was too into his magazine to notice Ichiru walk past him. He's either totally oblivious, a huge dork, or he really gay.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Lunaria42 wrote:
I just finished the case and I can't wait to see how they localize alot of these things.

I also love that Edgeworth was too into his magazine to notice Ichiru walk past him. He's either totally oblivious, a huge dork, or he really gay.

OR ALL THREE 8D
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

My OTP of OTP's. <3

loobywright wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

OR ALL THREE 8D

YES YES YES. XD

Edit: I'm still working my way slowly through this case and things that have made me laugh are:

-Edgeworth nearly getting run over by the suitcase
-Franzy whipping him. Because if I remember correctly, she doesn't whip him in the AA games. XD
Thanks to .•°٭blinq٭°•. for the lovely sig. ♥
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

The cape is self-fluttering

crouton wrote:
loobywright wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

OR ALL THREE 8D

YES YES YES. XD

Edit: I'm still working my way slowly through this case and things that have made me laugh are:

-Franzy whipping him. Because if I remember correctly, she doesn't whip him in the AA games. XD

Spoiler: Actually - in 3-5
After the earthquake at Hazakura Temple, Franziska tells Edgeworth to go outside to collect himself, and then whips him when he tries to insist that he's fine.

Before that event, it is also possible to earn a whipping at the defense's bench when Edgeworth cross-examines Sister Bikini.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

My OTP of OTP's. <3

Adrian in black wrote:
Spoiler: Actually - in 3-5
After the earthquake at Hazakura Temple, Franziska tells Edgeworth to go outside to collect himself, and then whips him when he tries to insist that he's fine.

Before that event, it is also possible to earn a whipping at the defense's bench when Edgeworth cross-examines Sister Bikini.

Ahh. Haha. I forgot about that. ^_^;;

Well, I love the animation for it. Shocked Edgey FTW! XD Poor guy... he really did get whipped all the time growing up with her, I'm sure of it. ^_^;;
"Note to Self: Don't get in crouton's way when it comes to Edgeworth. She WILL bite." - PhoenixFire

crouton wrote:

LOL I forgot about that! I really LOL'd at that it was so cute XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

My OTP of OTP's. <3

loobywright wrote:
crouton wrote:

LOL I forgot about that! I really LOL'd at that it was so cute XD

Yeah, it was adorable. XD He was running away from that thing so fast. XD

Edit: Finally finished case two. More things that made me laugh:

-Franzy telling Edgeworth to shut his mouth.
-Wakana's breakdown. And her bubble-attack. XD
-Edgey cringing at the prospect of taking one of Ichiru's suitcases. But then of course he takes it because he's such a gentleman. XD

huge GS fan :D

im just playing it

Spoiler:
and sal manella's part is soo freaking funny..." im gonna r0x0rz so many b0x0rzs" and "lulz" xD!!!!! edit:it was bad that franziska did not got her "HOLD IT" voice :sadshoe:

"To trust or not to trust....i trust you will decide"

1000% Knight

I think I'm up to the last part... but I'm calling it quits (for tonight).

It seems pretty obvious to me that Cammy is the killer. I wish they had more characters, to make it more simple than a little process of elimination. Also, it doesn't seem like Kay or Shi-Lang are being introduced until midway through the game o_O Also, wasn't there a scene with Kay in the attendant's room? (Where she was like, "OMG it's locked!")

Anyway, now we're getting more into AAI... The logic system is still fun, and I think it's nice how the game smoothly transitions between investigation-like phases and court-like phases, which allow it to just use the more apt one for any situation, whereas in GS it's set between a lot of investigation and a lot of court alternating. However, despite, I think I like the flow of GS a bit better. I feel like the mysteries were built up better are built up better, probably because you are trying to save someone, instead of just solving the case. Eh, maybe it'll be different in the remaining three cases :P ...Although I do feel like these cases a shorter than GS cases. Of course, it is the second case, so... hopefully.

Gotta luv Edgy and Gummy <3 Also, Edgy saying "You fail" was amazing xD (Or was that case 1? My memory is getting kinda blurry... EDIT: Yeah, case 1 :sadshoe: ) Lablanc is kinda yuck, but I think he's supposed to be kinda yuck... I feel so bad for Rhoda! She put all that effort into the suitcase, and her heart was broken, and she's just trying to do her very best... Cammy is absolutely atrocious. Her personality is just... bleeeeeech. I'm glad I'm gonna get to put her behind bars! (And how did she get a fantopic?!!?)

...Also, finding the contradictions with the fake statue was hard =\

I think Leblanc's theme is very cool and psychedelic. It reminds me of a song from Flower, Sun, and Rain... (I don't remember which one, though ^_^) I also like the Reminiscence theme (it plays when you find out about the suitcases from Rhoda); I thought it was prim and simple, fitting Rhoda very well. I feel like there's one more piece of theme music I'm forgetting tho... If there is (and I'm not just confusing it with a regular theme) it's one of those okay songs that's good-but-not-great.

Oh, I also loved Edgy's smile when he was tied up. (It matched his, "Okay, let's crush her little theory into dust" thoughts so well!)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Was the "grape juice" still grape juice in Japanese? I have both the English and Japanese versions but never got far in Japanese. I swear it looks like wine.

I seek the truth

Probably wine. Grape Juice is ridiculous. Personally, I think Cammy might have been drunk, but who knows. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Anyway, I absolutely love this game. I'd play more, but I don't want to complete every investigation on the very first day.

Yeah, I love the logic system. Actually, I thought the victim died because a piece of cargo was dumped on him...or something. Mainly because the system talked about lots of bruising on his back. If you fall from a great height, there's definitely going to be a bloody impact, not just bruising.

At first, I thought Cammy was just pathetic and ignored her. Then, she told me that it was the other attendant who was responsible for the keys and stuff. I knew at that moment that she was part of the murder somehow. Why on earth would you tell a police officer those details unless you want to frame the crime on someone else?
And you will know the truth...and the truth will set you free.

FINE

I am currently playing Case 2, I haven't finished it, but I think I'm close, (bubbles FTW)
I have now connected all my thoughts, and this is what I got.
Ladies and Gentlemen, My logic!
It explains all about Cammy and Rhoda, and the murder.
Spoiler: Sightly dirty content
It was not a "romantic" relationship
t was more like a "sexually passionate" relationship
logic, my boy, logic
They had a lot of "fun" in the attendant's room
but it was not enough, so they went to the bathroom.
unfortunately Mr. Hicks entered the bathroom
and found Cammy & Rhoda in the "action"
This was risky to Cammy's reputation, also her job.
So she decided to kill Mr. Hicks in order to silence him!
Since Cammy didn't have any emotional connection with Rhoda, she decided to incriminate her!
Am I right?

Also... Franziska didn't whip Cammy, do you know why?
Spoiler:
because she was busy staring at Cammy's boobs

Last edited by Auraion on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auraion wrote:
I am currently playing Case 2, O haven't finished it, but I think I'm close, (bubbles FTW)
I have now connected all my thoughts, and this is what I got.
Ladies and Gentlemen, My logic!
It explains all about Cammy and Rhoda, and the murder.
Spoiler: Sightly dirty content
It was not a "romantic" relationship
t was more like a "sexually passionate" relationship
logic, my boy, logic
They had a lot of "fun" in the attendant's room
but it was not enough, so they went to the bathroom.
unfortunately Mr. Hicks entered the bathroom
and found Cammy & Rhoda in the "action"
This was risky to Cammy's reputation, also her job.
So she decided to kill Mr. Hicks in order to silence him!
Since Cammy didn't have any emotional connection with Rhoda, she decided to incriminate her!
Am I right?

Also... Franziska didn't whip Cammy, do you know why?
Spoiler:
because she was busy watching Cammy's boobs

As I've told you on MSN, they are hilarious :)

Idol of Polar Bears

This case started off with a bang but ended up flat like a pancake (no reference to the victim here!). Cammy was very easy to dislike, even hate, but she was more like an expendable persona than a "makes your blood boil" type of hate, though I could just be rattling thoughts off the top of my head because it's late and I was nearly speeding through the game (I've never finished two episodes in one day, much less for a game I've never played). I think the friction between Cammy and Teneiro could have been more than "the captain likes her more than me".

Bah! There's so much to dislike about this woman it makes me want to hurl.

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

I liked it. The PLANE WITH AN ELEVATOR was an interesting way of devising a murder, even though it's still very strange. Cammy was a fun to hate character, Zinc Lablanc had an awesome theme and funny accent, and Teneiro was cute.

Athena Internet Defense Force

I think this case has successfully proven that Ace Attorney, be it English or Japanese, does not take place anywhere but Japan (so not LA as the supposed localization holds).

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

The three hour difference with EUROPE makes as little sense if the plane was flying to America as it would to Japan, though.

Crap, I can't remember. I thought it was said early in the case (by Leblanc, I think) there was a nine hour difference between the origin and destination. Nine hours (or less, I think it can be a minimum of six hours difference if I read my time zones correctly to still be considered in 'Europe') keeps it within reason to be flying to Japan but not Los Angeles.

Either way, the plane flew from Borginia to an Asian republic to refuel. So it's traveling east, which makes no sense if you want to fly to the west coast of the US.

The time zone difference was nine hours. For some reason, Zinc's watch was off by three though. Perhaps the three-hour difference is between Zheng Fa and California instead?

Has anyone noticed that Franziska is becoming slightly more pleasant and saying "fool" less with every game? What I don't understand is why she was so quick to accuse Edgeworth but even quicker to change her mind and accuse Rhoda Teneiro. What's going on in her head? Did she just want to scare Edgeworth to get the better of him?

I wish there were more scenes where Miles and Franny are actually being nice to each other. Is Edgeworth just distant, or is Franziska closer to him than he is to her? She calls him her brother, but he always calls her his mentor's daughter.

Idol of Polar Bears

Lablanc was funny and his theme was awesome, though not as awesome as Lang's.

moonfall wrote:
The time zone difference was nine hours. For some reason, Zinc's watch was off by three though. Perhaps the three-hour difference is between Zheng Fa and California instead?

What do you mean? Any part of Asia is more than three hours away from the United States (well...unless you're in Alaska).

Sorry if I didn't get your point.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Whenever grape juice appears in the game, it really was grape juice in the Japanese as well. No one drinks real booze in the AA world (except maybe Marshall?). Just lots of grape juice :U
ImageImage

1000% Knight

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
moonfall wrote:

What do you mean? Any part of Asia is more than three hours away from the United States (well...unless you're in Alaska).

Sorry if I didn't get your point.

It's the time difference between Borginia and California, not Zheng Fa and someplace else. If you remember, in 1-1 it was the exact same time difference.

Ahh...Coffee...

Haven't finished it yet, but as I was playing through this case I had some things in mind.

It was pretty interesting how they brought in Borginia back, and how the language was brought back was quite interesting.

When the plane lands, Sal Manella makes a cameo in the game. If you try talking to him, he uses his annoying way of talk (of course), and he mentions the "It's OVER 9000!!!" joke.

It's interesting to see Franziska again, seeing her and her whip was interesting. By the way, where is her extreme use of "fool"? Maybe I'm starting to miss it....
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Finally finished.

Not bad a case, but damn, I sure got stuck in the cargo area. I KNEW what the contradiction was, but the problem was, in my mind, there was a NUMBER of combinations that could make up the deduction, yet in the game, there was only one. It irritated me so badly, I actually restarted from the last save point just to see if I'd missed anything.

I really enjoyed Lablanc's character. So... generically Middle Eastern/Oriental and crotchety. Or maybe that's just his theme. His antics and animations amused me greatly. I also cracked up at Edgeworth's comment about introducing Lablanc to Phoenix (at least, I think that's who he meant by "a certain lawyer").

LOL @ Edgey's interactions with teh wimmenz. He gets too easily flustered.

Cammy was awesome. I cracked up every time Edgeworth wondered how she managed to stay employed, and wishing he could cut her salary.

Rhoda was funny with her butt-ugly suitcases and the way she forced a smile for everything she said.

For half a second, I shipped Franziska/Akbey until I found out the dude was Interpol. Edgeworth says Franziska hasn't changed, but even though she's still aggressive and persistent and still seems to favor her own victories over the truth, there's a bit more depth to her character this time. Not a whole lot, but there were times I noticed her priorities switching.

But her randomly whipping Gumshoe will never. get. old. Especially when he's speaking to that policeman in the cargo area and Franny just turns from where she is and whips him.

Felt sorry for Edgey in the beginning. Still the same ol' angsty boy about his past, but with good reason. First the turbulence, and then the encounter with the elevator. I forgot to mention this in case 1,
Spoiler:
but the comment he makes about how easy it is to take a life with the revolver was kind of sad, too.

The only other thing that annoyed me were the "courtroom" elements happening so early in the game. I don't know why. I realize I'll be seeing a lot of "courtroom outside the courtroom" in this game, but I think I was bothered by the timing of it. If that makes sense. But that's just me.

Sal's cameo was epic. I can't believe they stuck in the 9000!!! It's over 9000!!!! joke in there. But then again, it is Sal. LOL @ Edgey tuning out Gumshoe to quietly fanboy about the Steel Samurai movie.

Onto case 3.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Pfff I love this case and I hate it at the same time.

I wish that Edgeworth's handcuffed sprite would actually show the handcuffs, my mind was so distracted from the dirty thoughts of Edgeworth staring at Rhoda's moderately-sized bust that I miserably failed the first few rebuttals. Without the handcuffs, it just looks like he was being a perv. :P

I also drew Edgeworth/Teneiro from this case, it just seems like a cute pairing. :3

The reason I hate this case is because to me it sorta felt like BORGINIAN SMUGGLING: PART 2. Referring to 4-3...I wonder what exactly Cammy was smuggling anyway?

Wow, even Sal was more memorable to Edgeworth than Payne. Talking to him was good for some fantasmic memetiemz.

Zinc Lablanc II was an okay guy I guess, and his theme does have some degree of coolness, but he reminds me way too much like my dad, right down to the English mistakes. As a Borginian, I actually prefer him over Machi in that he used it much less often. He can also speak French too! "Le temps, c'est d'argent!" That's bad French, but it was still pretty cool!

Franziska was also a nice welcome back sorta thing, though for some reason she seemed much more willing to whip Edgeworth than in 3-5...But maybe that was because I got lots of penalties this time. =P Logic is hard for those without it.

When Gumshoe's theme came back I thought, "WHOAWHOAWHOA! HOLD IT! I THOUGHT HE GETS A BRAND NEW THEME ALL FOR HIMSELF IN THIS GAME!!!" Indeed, it did show up in this case, but not when you initially meet Gumshoe, it just uses his old one...

Cammy Meele was awesome. Everything about her was just really entertaining and certainly quite arousing. Though...she seemed to not be friends with Rhoda at all. Which puts lesbian sexy times out of the question, sadly... It seemed even less likely when she was unwilling to share her beloved captain...

Have you noticed that all Borginians have Blonde hair and blue eyes? Hitler's perfect country maybe?...

Spoiler: And here's a random screenshot which made me LOL

Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

1000% Knight

Oh, I finished the case.

I still think Cammy is atrocious, but I did like her a lot more when she "woke up".

I thought it was an awesome moment when she was like, "I've never fallen asleep with you around, Mr. Edgeworth~" and then a few moments later, you see she's right as she flips up all serious-like, and we see that all the snooze-bubbles were just blown from her bubble-blower xDDD

Oh snap! I do not hear such a truth...?!

Am I the only one who felt deja vu like I was seeing Yanni Yogi again when Cammy Meele kept falling asleep and blowing bubbles?

Fabu♥

Well, I can totally tell that Borginia is supposed to be based on Turkey and Greece.

I even noticed that Zinc LaBlanc was wearing a Kombolói. They're worry beads that are used to relieve stress, which actually makes a lot of sense for someone like Zinc.

As for the case itself, I liked it but it felt like I wasn't getting the whole story.
Mostly, I wanted to know more about Cammy's background and why she got involved with the whole smuggling ring to begin with.

Also, I was getting some Edgey/Rhoda vibes...
ImageImage

Tinka wrote:
Am I the only one who felt deja vu like I was seeing Yanni Yogi again when Cammy Meele kept falling asleep and blowing bubbles?

OMGMUSTWRITECRACKFIC

Turnabout Goodbyes part 2: Cammy Meele is Yanni Yogi's secret Borginian love child! (which explains why she "studied abroad"!!!!!!!!????????????)

Edit:

LySs wrote:
Well, I can totally tell that Borginia is supposed to be based on Turkey and Greece.

Yeah, when looking at LaBlanc, 'Turkish' popped in my head once or twice.

Quote:
As for the case itself, I liked it but it felt like I wasn't getting the whole story.
Mostly, I wanted to know more about Cammy's background and why she got involved with the whole smuggling ring to begin with.

Yeah, this bothered me as well. It felt like they did a good job of explaining everything else, but with Cammy, it was just a brief, O HAY THAR I NO U SMUGGLR (also KILLA) NOW CONFESS.

...NAILED IT

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Yeah, that's kind of the problem with AAI's cases leading up to the ending: it isn't until case 5 that everything comes together, so before that the killers are a little lacking in development. It helps when you go back and replay, but it would be nice to learn more about Cammy especially. She doesn't seem like the kind of person that's been killing regularly, or maybe ever had before GK-2. It'd be interesting to know how someone like her became involved.
ImageImage

Oh snap! I do not hear such a truth...?!

Adrian in black wrote:
Tinka wrote:

OMGMUSTWRITECRACKFIC

Turnabout Goodbyes part 2: Cammy Meele is Yanni Yogi's secret Borginian love child! (which explains why she "studied abroad"!!!!!!!!????????????)

YES PLEASE

Don't eat the evidence!

Cammy was hilarious. It made me laugh so much at how she tried to sell you something every time you tried to examine something in the Gift Shop. Her "awake" sprites were entertaining too. I love how when she got particularly pissed at Edgeworth she would snipe him with bubbles.

Sal's cameo was hilarious and unexpected. I didn't actually get to talk to him though, I just saw him in the background and was like "Hey wait is that Sal!?"

I felt really bad for Rhoda, the poor girl just wanted her suitcases to be a success and yet the only ones that sold were the ones she bought herself. She really is passionate about her job and that really makes me respect her. So far she's probably one of my favorites from the game.

Franziska is back! 8D It was really awesome to see her again and the first time I got to "Argue" with her I was like "zomgzomgzomg I get to cross-examine Franziska YES!"

So yeah, this was a case full of awesome.
Awesome signature and avatar done by bibliomaniac!

The Rocking Attorney

Leblanc's theme was incredibly sexy

Cammy = Lazy *****/Hateable...Loveable...whatever

I loved her <3

Franziska was awesome as well, and wtf that plane must have costed a lot to build.

A man is not a piece of fruit.

Hey guys. :)
Um, I'm pretty sure that Edgeworth mentioned that he was in America at some point... possibly when he was looking at the boy who was at the window at the airport.
Poor Rhoda... I think her affection for Edgey was a little one-sided. Especially when Cammy hinted about Rhoda's feelings and it went right over Edgey's head. :redd:
No, I'm awake.

I finished Turnabout Airline last night. I really enjoyed the English version. It was nice seeing how they localized Cammy. Heh, I actually like Cammy and Rhoda for the characters names.

I was disappointed when Cammy was found guilty, even though I had already played through it in the Jap version. She's such an awesome character. Too bad the Captain wasn't found guilty. He seemed evil enough for not showing up in the game except for his mini sprites in the Passenger's Cabin.

I felt sorry for Rhoda as I was playing through this. I never really understood her emotional attachment to the cases in the Japanese version but now I do. She's become one of my favourite characters now.

Currently investigating

pablitox wrote:
im just playing it

Spoiler:
and sal manella's part is soo freaking funny..." im gonna r0x0rz so many b0x0rzs" and "lulz" xD!!!!! edit:it was bad that franziska did not got her "HOLD IT" voice :sadshoe:

Where is Sal Manella? I've finished Case 2.

Idol of Polar Bears

Manella is in the airport lounge after the plane lands. It's the scene where you first run into Franziska.

seastone130 wrote:
Poor Rhoda... I think her affection for Edgey was a little one-sided. Especially when Cammy hinted about Rhoda's feelings and it went right over Edgey's head. :redd:

Actually, the hint did make it back to him. "This isn't the time for such talk!!" or whatever he was thinking.

Silly Edgey, so serious and repressed. :april:

...NAILED IT

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

Crap, I can't remember. I thought it was said early in the case (by Leblanc, I think) there was a nine hour difference between the origin and destination. Nine hours (or less, I think it can be a minimum of six hours difference if I read my time zones correctly to still be considered in 'Europe') keeps it within reason to be flying to Japan but not Los Angeles.

Either way, the plane flew from Borginia to an Asian republic to refuel. So it's traveling east, which makes no sense if you want to fly to the west coast of the US.

I think they both stated nine and three hours. First that the time was nine hour fast and after that he said it was 3 hours slow or vice versa if I remember correctly.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska
Page 2 of 4 [ 154 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby