Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 3 of 11[ 407 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing"Topic%20Title

95% lurker

Ah, okay. That clears some things up.

Spoiler: Just a few comments
Carnage = international crime syndicate boss, then. (Though for some reason I didn't find his name suspicious at all when I first heard it...).

And I think it's probably because I haven't read the text, but I got the impression that Kazura seemed like a pretty remorseless person regarding the murders and the like. Then again, I think that's down to her laughing face as Shiina making a bit of a lasting impression on me, and her constant fits of laughter. .___. She almost suits the 'final boss' status more than Carnage, in my opinion.

Thanks again. 8D

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Apathy wrote:
Ah, okay. That clears some things up.

Spoiler: Just a few comments
Carnage = international crime syndicate boss, then. (Though for some reason I didn't find his name suspicious at all when I first heard it...).

And I think it's probably because I haven't read the text, but I got the impression that Kazura seemed like a pretty remorseless person regarding the murders and the like. Then again, I think that's down to her laughing face as Shiina making a bit of a lasting impression on me, and her constant fits of laughter. .___. She almost suits the 'final boss' status more than Carnage, in my opinion.

Thanks again. 8D

Spoiler:
Kazura was 10 times the boss Carnage was. It's a shame they didn't find a way to swap those two around somehow, because she was awesome and he was kinda boring.

I don't know if there's a chance of there even being a Gyakuten Kenji 2, but if there is I'd love to learn more about her. Probably won't happen though.

ImageImage

Mostly human

Spoiler: AAI-1
Does the game ever reveal why exactly Makoto murdered his detective chum? The last case shows the start of the 1st case again, but I'm not sure it's relevant.

95% lurker

Nose wrote:
Does the game ever reveal why exactly Makoto murdered his detective chum? The last case shows the start of the 1st case again, but I'm not sure it's relevant.

Spoiler:
I thought that that was to do with the videotape Makoto was trying to steal from Edgeworth's office (which had something to do with the case linked to the last two cases, and which he was found trying to take by Shinji, which resulted in the latter's death), although I could be wrong on that?

Gigyas Ate My Neighbors

Really subjective (kind of shitty), unspoilerish question:

Spoiler:
How good is it? Better then even TaT?

Like I said, it's pure opinion, but I'd love to hear how someone who played it feels.
"I'm here to kick ass and play card games; and I'm all out of ass"

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Nose wrote:

Spoiler:
Makoto worked for Carnage also, and was ordered to retrieve the evidence since that tape was the only thing that could connect him to KG-8. When Shinji caught him ransacking Edgeworth's office he killed him to keep him quiet.

To ScaryWomanizngPigMsk:

Spoiler:
My opinion may be biased here because honestly T&T is my least favorite of the series, but I thought Kenji was really great. The gameplay was fast paced and the writing was really well done. My only complaints are that there were so many cameo characters that the new characters didn't have as much time to be useful and interesting, and once the story came together, it didn't quite live up to the build up (since they spent cases 1 through 4 building up to 5, and then the conclusion to 5 was a little lackluster). But it is every bit a great addition to the series and I'd love to see them do another, though maybe with a little less fanservice.

ImageImage

Gigyas Ate My Neighbors

Croik wrote:

To ScaryWomanizngPigMsk:

Spoiler:
My opinion may be biased here because honestly T&T is my least favorite of the series, but I thought Kenji was really great. The gameplay was fast paced and the writing was really well done. My only complaints are that there were so many cameo characters that the new characters didn't have as much time to be useful and interesting, and once the story came together, it didn't quite live up to the build up (since they spent cases 1 through 4 building up to 5, and then the conclusion to 5 was a little lackluster). But it is every bit a great addition to the series and I'd love to see them do another, though maybe with a little less fanservice.

Spoiler:
Heh, I think I'd love it then since fanservice and old charecters coming first is exactly (and shamefully) my jam :D Thanks!

"I'm here to kick ass and play card games; and I'm all out of ass"

BOO! (Gah! scared myself)

Croik wrote:
Spoiler:
My opinion may be biased here because honestly T&T is my least favorite of the series, but I thought Kenji was really great. The gameplay was fast paced and the writing was really well done.

I have to agree, the gameplay in Kenji is definetaly top notch in the series.

95% lurker

Spoiler:
Carnage seems to have influence over a lot of people. .___. Didn't think he had influence over Makoto as well. Is this ever explained?

Come to think, would it be possible to ask what Case 5 is about, exactly? It seems to involve a different countries coming together, and I'd be interested to know.

... Sorry for asking more questions. (I feel as if that's really all I'm doing...).

Hope this hasn't been asked yet, I haven't looked at the questions under a spoiler tag... :gymshoe:

Spoiler: Case 4 cameo spoilers
How does von Karma call Franny and Edgeworth? (just by the name or the full name?) And how does Edgey refer to von Karma? (Sensei or something like that?)

Thanks in advance~

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Apathy wrote:
Spoiler:
Carnage seems to have influence over a lot of people. .___. Didn't think he had influence over Makoto as well. Is this ever explained?

Come to think, would it be possible to ask what Case 5 is about, exactly? It seems to involve a different countries coming together, and I'd be interested to know.

... Sorry for asking more questions. (I feel as if that's really all I'm doing...).

Spoiler:
The only explanation that I remember is that Makoto always worked for the organization. He was probably set up in the prosecutor's office as a mole, the same way Wakana was planted as a flight attendant. We're talking about a huge crime syndicate that spans several countries and has influence everywhere.

Case 5 is about two countries, Arebast and Babaru, which were originally one country called Cordopia. Their two embassies in Japan are conencted, and it has been the site of murders in the past. When Yatagarasu leaves a calling card claiming he's going to raid the place Edgeworth and Kay come to the scene, and while they're there two dead bodies are discovered, one on each side of the building. Everyone then comes together to take the killer down...!

Don't worry about asking questions, that's what this thread is for! :grossburg: I'm still working on my write ups for the site, which once they're up should give everyone a better idea of how the cases go.

To Roloko:

Spoiler:
I think Edgeworth called him Sensei, and Fran called him Papa, but I forget how he referred to them. Have to pick it up on replay.

ImageImage

Thanks ^^!

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Rou has an objection like exclamation, as I've seen in a video or two. What does he say and what does it translate to?
fuck

nuuuuu, stoooooop

The Sandwich wrote:
Rou has an objection like exclamation, as I've seen in a video or two. What does he say and what does it translate to?

Auggghhhhh I do not envy localization team.

He says "Amai na!" which is hard to translate. It's like, "Not good enough!" or "You're too soft!" or something along that lines, I think. Not sure how they're gonna make a bubble out of it other than just FUCK YOU! lol
ImageImage

欣赏 自然界 美丽

Croik wrote:
He says "Amai na!" which is hard to translate. It's like, "Not good enough!" or "You're too soft!" or something along that lines, I think. Not sure how they're gonna make a bubble out of it other than just FUCK YOU! lol

They could make him say BULL SHIT! 8D

*ahem*
I don't know if it has already been asked or not.
Sorry if it has... :payne:

Spoiler:
Is Kay really alot like Maya? Or is she different or a little different?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

一御美丽 wrote:
Spoiler:
Is Kay really alot like Maya? Or is she different or a little different?

Spoiler:
I actually found her to be a little closer to Trucy. She's got the same upbeat attitude but is very centered on her gimmick - thievery instead of magic - and in some ways seemed a bit more mature than Maya to me.

ImageImage

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Croik wrote:
The Sandwich wrote:

LMAO that would be funnier than hell, but it'd take care of the teen game rating XD

Chief Oldbagger

Croik wrote:
The Sandwich wrote:

No way! perhaps?

Anyhow, here's my question.

How epic are the breakdowns? Don't specify, just say the case and the rating.
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Breakdowns:
Case one: Pretty funny, actually. 8/10 or so.
Case two: A witness has one and the killer has one. Witness' one is also pretty funny, 7 or 8. The killer's is decent, probably a 7.
Case three: Eh, it's okay. Sort of reusing an older one, just over the top. 6 maybe.
Case four: The breakdown itself isn't that out of the ordinary, it's what follows. 6 or so.
Case five: Again, witness and killer. Witness one is HOLY SHIT, so 9/10. Killer's is kind of cool, probably an 8.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
What exclamations appear, and who says them? (Including Edgey's Eureka and Rou's... whateveritis

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Wow, 7 breakdowns, that's nice!
I think no other GK game had more breakdowns:

GK1: 7 (most of them pretty basic)
GK2: 3 (Ini somehow has no real breakdown)
GK3: 4
GK4: 5

Chief Oldbagger

My next question:
So there's Blue Badger, Pink Badger, Gangsta Badger but what is empty eyed Badger?

Two week break!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
What exclamations appear, and who says them? (Including Edgey's Eureka and Rou's... whateveritis

Spoiler:
Everything but Gotcha/Sokoda.

Edgeworth: Hold It, Objection, Take That, Eureka
Franziska: Objection
Rou: Amai na
Portsman: Objection
Himiko: Objection
Carnage: Objection

Various characters also use "Hold It", but only Edgeworth has a voice clip for it.

Spoiler: Case four
Manfred von Karma appears, but I don't think he ever objects. I could be wrong.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Capybara wrote:
My next question:
So there's Blue Badger, Pink Badger, Gangsta Badger but what is empty eyed Badger?

That's Proto Badger, the "original" design before Blue Badger was adopted.
ImageImage

Chief Oldbagger

Croik wrote:
Capybara wrote:
My next question:

That's Proto Badger, the "original" design before Blue Badger was adopted.

So...
OldBagder? :yogi:

Two week break!

New question:

How many testimonies are there in the whole game (it doesn't matter if its the total number or per case)? They were usually my favorite parts of the old games.

For example the first 4 games:

# of testimonies per case:
GS1: 3+9+12+10+19 = 34 +19 = 53
GS2: 5+10+12+18 = 45
GS3: 7+10+14+7+17 = 55
GS4: 7+10+12+9 = 38

So I would expect around 50 testimonies.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Since there's only 3 posts in the GK Contradictions thread I'm gonna assume no, but...

Are there any cases that are "badly put together" and don't make much sense, having a serious, obvious flaw/contradiction? (Like 4-3...)

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
Since there's only 3 posts in the GK Contradictions thread I'm gonna assume no, but...

Are there any cases that are "badly put together" and don't make much sense, having a serious, obvious flaw/contradiction? (Like 4-3...)

Spoiler:
None of them are as poorly put together as 4-3, but after playing case 3 a second time there is one issue that really bugs me in it, of the "how can the killer be that smart and that dumb at the same time??" variety. Not a case breaker but definitey an eye roller.

Quote:
How many testimonies are there in the whole game (it doesn't matter if its the total number or per case)? They were usually my favorite parts of the old games.

I'm not going to even begin to try to count that. But there are a lot of confrontations--you get to cross almost every character at least once.
ImageImage

Call me Ishmael.

Nothing spoilerish, really.

Could anyone give me a (very) short description of how Kay is, personality-wise? Is she naive and outgoing like Trucy, Ema and Maya or is she more ... "unique" (couldn't think of a better word, sorry)? I don't want to check C-R's character roster because I'm afraid of spoilers.

If this is the wrong topic for this... I'm really sorry. ^^'
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Ember-the-prosecutor wrote:

Could anyone give me a (very) short description of how Kay is, personality-wise? Is she naive and outgoing like Trucy, Ema and Maya or is she more ... "unique" (couldn't think of a better word, sorry)? I don't want to check C-R's character roster because I'm afraid of spoilers.

Kay reminded me a lot of Trucy, but not in a naive way. She's energetic and cheerful, she likes to tease, she leaps before she looks, she doesn't let much get her down... but at the same time she's very determined. I told someone the other day that they could have taken Trucy's dialogue from AJ and just replaced "magic" with "theft" and they would have been good to go. :minuki: I liked her well enough but I didn't feel she brought anything new to the table in terms of teenaged crime solving sidekicks.
ImageImage

Call me Ishmael.

Croik wrote:
Ember-the-prosecutor wrote:

Kay reminded me a lot of Trucy, but not in a naive way. She's energetic and cheerful, she likes to tease, she leaps before she looks, she doesn't let much get her down... but at the same time she's very determined. I told someone the other day that they could have taken Trucy's dialogue from AJ and just replaced "magic" with "theft" and they would have been good to go. :minuki: I liked her well enough but I didn't feel she brought anything new to the table in terms of teenaged crime solving sidekicks.

Hmm, I see. She sounds interesting.

Thanks, Croik. :edgy:
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

元・超会社員級の管理人

No. of testimonies? Whooo boy...

Going by my walkthrough:

Case one: 6
Case two: 9
Case three: 12
Case four: 11
Case five: 16

So, 54 in all.

Wooster wrote:

1000% Knight

Croik wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
None of them are as poorly put together as 4-3, but after playing case 3 a second time there is one issue that really bugs me in it, of the "how can the killer be that smart and that dumb at the same time??" variety. Not a case breaker but definitey an eye roller.

Spoiler:
Sorta like 3-5? (Where Godot read the letter on how to kill Maya... and put it right back where he found it.) Or is there a different case in GS that's more similar in that sense?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
Sorta like 3-5? (Where Godot read the letter on how to kill Maya... and put it right back where he found it.) Or is there a different case in GS that's more similar in that sense?

Spoiler:
More like...if Godot had gotten the letter, acted accordingly, and then suddenly forgot everything he had just read.

ImageImage

Mostly human

Two questions...

Spoiler: AA5-minor
In terms of characterisation is Larry more like his AA1 or AA3 incarnation?

Spoiler: AA4
What exactly is the permise of the case? I know it begins with Kazura and Kay's father in court, but why are Edgeworth, Karma and Fran there? And why exactly does Von Karma dissapear about half-way through?

Bolt Storm wrote:
No. of testimonies? Whooo boy...

Going by my walkthrough:

Case one: 6
Case two: 9
Case three: 12
Case four: 11
Case five: 16

So, 54 in all.

Thanks a lot. The more testimonies, the better. :godot:

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Nose wrote:
Two questions...

Spoiler: AA5-minor
In terms of characterisation is Larry more like his AA1 or AA3 incarnation?

Spoiler: AA4
What exactly is the permise of the case? I know it begins with Kazura and Kay's father in court, but why are Edgeworth, Karma and Fran there? And why exactly does Von Karma dissapear about half-way through?

Question 1
Spoiler:
I guess more like 3? I don't remember him being all that different in 1 and 3, other than in how Phoenix treated him.

Spoiler:
The premise is that Prosecutor Ichijou was trying to convict Tooru Makari for murder. Makari's defense lawyer was Kazura. But partway through the trial Makari declares that Ichijou is actually the famous thief Yatagarasu and that it was him who ordered the hit in the first place. The judge declared a recess, and Edgeworth was supposed to take Ichijou's place as prosecutor (now that he had been compromised), which would have been his first case. That's why Karma and Fran were there.

But then Makari and Ichijou ended up dead, and the trial was suspended, so Edgeworth never actually gets to go to court. Karma left partway through because he wanted to let Edgeworth and Franziska "practice" investigating a case for themselves.

ImageImage

Just a random passerby

Sorry, I know this is ask one question, but I have 4. Putting spoiler tags on all of them, not sure if the first two have spoilers, but I'm doing all of them just in case.

Spoiler: ?
1. Which cases are your favorite and least favorite? You don't have to explain unless you want to.

2. Are there any jerk or bad victims?

3, Is Gregory Edgeworth mentioned? Does Miles and/or Manfred talk about him?

4. Kazura or whatever the woman defense attorney/killer name is, Is she more or less evil compared to Kristoph Gavin?.)

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Was this an open question to everyone? Either way I'll answer~

rydus65 wrote:
Spoiler: ?
1. Which cases are your favorite and least favorite? You don't have to explain unless you want to.

2. Are there any jerk or bad victims?

3, Is Gregory Edgeworth mentioned? Does Miles and/or Manfred talk about him?

4. Kazura or whatever the woman defense attorney/killer name is, Is she more or less evil compared to Kristoph Gavin?.)

Spoiler:
1. My favorite case was 4. It utilized the cameos in the best way, the case was challenging but not too difficult, the new characters were great, and overall it was just a lot of fun. My least favorite case was 1 not only because it was as short and obvious as most first cases are, but once it was finished it was too open ended to feel like you'd really accomplished anything.

2. 1 or 2 were jerks.

3. Edgeworth thinks about his dad at 1 or 2 spots but we don't get any extra insight about their relationship. Karma doesn't really mention it.

4. Depends on how "evil" you consider Kristoph to be. Kazura never tried to poison a 12 year old child, but she does a few things people would consider really heartless. I'd say she probably has more crimes under her belt than Kristoph (or even Dahlia).

ImageImage

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Spoiler: AAi-4 Character Appearance
From the cameos list JapaneseGIRL posted, I see that Rou makes an appearence in AAI-4? In what capacity does he appear and how much of a role does he play in the case?

fuck
Page 3 of 11 [ 407 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby