Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 2 of 4[ 140 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: The Himiko Kazura Fanclub! (possible spoilers)Topic%20Title

Consider this puzzle solved.

she haz teh awsum theme song
I like her theme song and her personality....phhww!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I crack up every time she bursts out laughing...phwww!!

We need a smiley of her laughing...phww!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!
Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

PsychoDahlia?!

Ugh! She was so awesome in case 4! Turnabout Reminiscence is my new favourite case!! She was really cool, and I actually think her 'objection' voice suited her well. Unfortunately, I hate her theme. Ick. She had so much potential.

Spoiler: Case 5
I really think they ruined her character in Case 5, when she says something like 'that wasn't a very pleasant assignment' in regards to killing Kay's father. And also, when Kay said something like, 'I saw into her heart... what a dark, lonely place it is.' Naaaaaw... so we're all supposed to feel sorry for her now? Ugh. At least she did try and kill Kay, that's her only redeeming feature in case 5.

That being said, I hope she returns in the sequels, in all her Case 4 awesomeness. And without all that...
Spoiler:
taking orders crap. Sigh, I wish she wasn't found out at the end... that could have guaranteed a reappearance.

Oh... her and Wolfy are my new (actually only) favourite pairing.
Thanks C.Gholy for my earth-shattering wallpaper, and .•°٭blinq٭°•. for this amazingly wonderful signature!

Don't eat the evidence!

How can you not like "Let Me Laugh At The Cool"!? It's so.... jazzy! <3

Spoiler: AAI-5
I don't think we're really meant to feel sorry for her since even when she's being dragged off she still has that extreme arrogance about her. She calls the man that just took a bullet for her an idiot. The whole "unpleasant assignment" think just seemed more like her being arrogant and rubbing salt in Kay's wounds.

Awesome signature and avatar done by bibliomaniac!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Spoiler: MEGA SPOILER
Man, You can argue till the cows come home about who has the best objection. While I was less impressed with Yew's voice then Franny's... you gotta admit, that when Yew does her Objection Point, that you're going to stop and listen.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Don't eat the evidence!

Wooster wrote:
Spoiler: MEGA SPOILER
Man, You can argue till the cows come home about who has the best objection. While I was less impressed with Yew's voice then Franny's... you gotta admit, that when Yew does her Objection Point, that you're going to stop and listen.

Spoiler:
I have to agree with you on that one. The first time I heard it it made me wtf because I wasn't entirely paying attention to the sounds at the time, but after awhile it definitely grew on me. Sure, it's not the prettiest sounding objection, but it really suits Yew very well. There's not really any sense of urgency in it and that really shows just how calm and calculated that she is.

And yeah, when you hear that objection, you definitely listen.

Awesome signature and avatar done by bibliomaniac!

Yay, Calisto has fans now. I finally finished the English version of Case 4 so I was pleased to see that her personality wasn't changed a lot in the localization. It was very, very similar, unlike other characters in the GS series who were localised...

ヘラヘラ~

Count me in. She's so fascinating! Definitely my new favorite character in the game.
I'm gonna have to go against the current liking-her-objection trend, though. First time I heard it, I thought it was a man speaking. XP It's so... grating... If it were just a little higher, maybe...

We NEED an emoticon of her, by the way.
"A truthful witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies." Proverbs 14:5. Straight from the Bible, folks~ XD

I didn't think I'd be that keen on Calisto but I grew really fond of her. I loved her taking the piss out of pretty much everything Edgey said XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

NOOOOOOOOOO MY INSTANT NOODLES

Calisto was easily my favorite character in Investigations. I loved how one second she would be serious, the next she's cracking up... also, she's pretty much the only character that has the guts to laugh in Edgey's face.

Spoiler: AAI-5
I really didn't see the reveal of Shih-na's identity coming. When I first saw her laugh, I was like, "HOLY SHIT, NO WAY!" I love how, even after she's been found out and cornered, she's still as calm as ever, smiling easily.
It's kinda creepy when you consider that she was cackling like a madman just before that, though. :|

At any rate, CR needs a laughing Calisto smiley.
"Every time I talk to Oldbag, my biological clock goes up by ten months"

Dance as loud as you can! Instant Waltz!

Spoiler: Calisto Yew
REALLY distress at how she probably won't appear in other AA games, seeming how she's a caught villain.

HONESTLY, and i know this is a bit overboard, I would have preferred her over Mr. Wearetryingtoshoveinyourfacethefactthatthisguyisfromaneastasiancountry as a rival of sorts. She could've been in all of the other AAI games, if they make more. :sadshoe:
Chie: "Let's hide our weapons under our clothes! I'm sure nobody will notice!"

ヘラヘラ~

MileyCyrus wrote:
Spoiler: Calisto Yew
REALLY distress at how she probably won't appear in other AA games, seeming how she's a caught villain.

HONESTLY, and i know this is a bit overboard, I would have preferred her over Mr. Wearetryingtoshoveinyourfacethefactthatthisguyisfromaneastasiancountry as a rival of sorts. She could've been in all of the other AAI games, if they make more. :sadshoe:

Spoiler:
Maybe she'll escape? D8 I agree, I'd really like her to show up again too. She's way cool. Evil on a Dahlia level, but way cool.

"A truthful witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies." Proverbs 14:5. Straight from the Bible, folks~ XD
Re: The Himiko Kazura/Calisto Yew Fanclub! (possible spoilers)Topic%20Title

Let me laugh at the AWESOME!!!

Why do most people not like her English "Objection!". I thought it was really fitting of her character.
"OMG Gumshoe!! You're spinning!!"ImageImageImageImageImage

Flex wrote:
Why do most people not like her English "Objection!". I thought it was really fitting of her character.

Sounds like a man. That's why everyone hates it.

Tap wrote:
Flex wrote:

Except that it doesn't. It's deep, sure, but not particularly masculine.

Kýrie eléison

Yeah, I also fail to see what's so bad and manly-sounding about Yew's Objection. Anyway, it's a shame that we'll never have a chance to face off against her in an actual trial. :sadshoe:
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

BUDDY FAITH FOREVER

I hope if there is a second game, she will be in it.. as someone said before, her past is a total mystery, but even her NAME is a total mystery LOL. It'd be nice to get some background information about her. And I wouldn't say her Objection! sounded like a man really, but I just don't think it's fitting of her character.
Thanks to Black-Harmonia! :)

Let me laugh at the AWESOME!!!

Alpha wrote:
Tap wrote:
Flex wrote:

Except that it doesn't. It's deep, sure, but not particularly masculine.

Yeah I can't hear the masculinity of her voice at all. Even when you claim it's like a man I just can't hear it when I play it back.

I think the voice is fitting of her cause it's quite stern and serious. When you first meet her she seems that way, until you speak to her more and find out what she really is about. Sort of like irony.
"OMG Gumshoe!! You're spinning!!"ImageImageImageImageImage

I love Calisto! She was so funny and had a great theme song.

Spoiler: case 4
I started liking her when she told Edgeworth to stop being so serious and kept laughing at his expressions. I was really hoping they would become friends.

Meep? :<

Oh man, I love Calisto. <3 I'm a sucker for female villains to start off with, and she was just amazing. I loved her personality and background, along with the mystery that surrounds both. We don't know much about her at all - not even her real name - and I can't help but be curious. I'm tempted to try thinking up a backstory for her sometime because it'd be fun to try.

I actually liked her "Objection!" a lot, too. It sounds so different from, say, Franziska's or Mia's.

キラッ☆

Random crack idea: Calisto somehow escaped from jail and wanted a quick way to get rich, so she changed her appearance again and became Alita Tiala and tried to marry into the Kitaki family in GS4. Well you can't say it's not possible. :D

And I find her objection okay, just that I think that the voice clip was shrunk down to a lower quality which made it sound like a man's voice. D:

ヘラヘラ~

Takuya wrote:
Random crack idea: Calisto somehow escaped from jail and wanted a quick way to get rich, so she changed her appearance again and became Alita Tiala and tried to marry into the Kitaki family in GS4. Well you can't say it's not possible. :D

And I find her objection okay, just that I think that the voice clip was shrunk down to a lower quality which made it sound like a man's voice. D:

But that would mean she wound up right back in jail! D8
I totally agree that she should escape and cause more trouble plot, though.

evil monkey is watching you.

Her "Objction!" may be a bit low pitched, but it was meant to be that way. I picture her with a voice that's kind of like Lois from Family Guy, but not as horse (I hope I spelled that word right :P).
I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!

Kýrie eléison

WallofIllusion wrote:

Spoiler: GK
Perhaps...... if only her old employer wasn't locked up too, she'd still have someone employing her to cause trouble if she escaped. :gant:

Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

ヘラヘラ~

Cohdopia Over All wrote:
WallofIllusion wrote:

Spoiler: GK
Perhaps...... if only her old employer wasn't locked up too, she'd still have someone employing her to cause trouble if she escaped. :gant:

Spoiler:
Then maybe she can cause trouble on her own! Or maybe she escapes and Edgeworth THINKS she's going to cause trouble, but she's actually playing for his team! That sounds shiny to me.

I want them to make a Gyakuten Saiban Zero series starring Calisto Yew as the main character. She is full of awesomesauce even though I'm in the early stages of Case 4.

I love her already.

Also, something on her name:
Callisto (yes, with two l's) is...
A nymph in Greek mythology
A moon of Jupiter

Calisto (with on l) is...
A butterfly genus
A typeface
And an opera (La Calisto)

I'm not reading those articles though as I haven't finished the case yet and I don't want to be overly spoiled. I still decided to share these with you so you can make your own conclusions on where her first name might come from.

Hands down, Calisto is awesome. She's one of my most favourite female characters in the whole AA series. I loved her design, theme song, the air of mystery around her and all the little jabs she made at Edgeworth.

I don't really understand all the complaining on her English 'Objection'. Sure, it could be better, but even now it fits her character well. I can imagine her with a slightly deeper voice than Mia's or Franziska's; and in my opinion, it's not manly at all. Not every woman has a high, girly voice, after all.

Spoiler: Case 5
I wasn't all that keen on her reveal, though. I started suspecting that she was Shih-na after comparing the sprites and profile pictures, and even that I was extatic that I'd guessed right, I couldn't help but feel slightly cheated. Shih-na wasn't as fun as Calisto.

Anyway, have some pictures I've found of her. Sadly, I don't have the sources available, but I'll give links when I find them.

Image - this is my absolute favourite picture of Calisto. I love this picture so much I have it as my mobile wallpaper. <3

Image + Image + Image + Image + Image

Spoiler:
Image + Image + Image + Image

Image + Image + Image

kaitoux- I think you are like, my best friend now. So much Calisto art :karma:

Hehe, there is a very spoilerish picture in the spoiler tag but it's my favourite. It's excellent in terms of how it was drawn and what is in the picture :karma:

kaitouX wrote:
Anyway, have some pictures I've found of her. Sadly, I don't have the sources available, but I'll give links when I find them.

[loads of images]
You, my friend, are the most awesome person ever. So much amazing art <3

kaitouX wrote:
Spoiler:
This is my new desktop wallpaper.

Last edited by Alpha on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaitouX wrote:
Spoiler:

OMG this one is amazing.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

ヘラヘラ~

Katioux, I think I love you~ Those are some awesome pictures. I like the CalistoxEdgeworth one... I'm surprised there's not more of that couple.

I'm glad you all like the art. I found some more on DeviantArt, so here goes:

Image + Image + Image + Image

I will post any new ones as soon as I find them, but don't expect much. My Japanese Google-Fu is almost nonexistant xD

Tap wrote:
Hehe, there is a very spoilerish picture in the spoiler tag but it's my favourite. It's excellent in terms of how it was drawn and what is in the picture :karma:

Which one are you talking about, hm?
Spoiler:
The Shih-na/Calisto one, maybe~?

I have returned!

J-Max Holmes wrote:
Her "Objction!" may be a bit low pitched, but it was meant to be that way. I picture her with a voice that's kind of like Lois from Family Guy, but not as horse (I hope I spelled that word right :P).

I think its "whorse" amirite?

(anyone that knows where this is from gets a cookie :3)

Calisto is awesome.
Now that I've beaten the game, I've noticed I laugh too much. :/
Seriously, I laugh at EVERYTHING. (Including the cool, of course :jake: )

Idol of Polar Bears

Spoiler: Tagged by plea
I never liked Calisto - and even less when she was exposed as Byrne's killer and Alba's tool - but I thought she was alright. Now she's one of the characters I dislike a lot while still enjoying their fan art, like that hero-villain montage a few posts back.

Last edited by Mr. Bear Jew on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meep? :<

Aaaah, kaitouX, you are SO awesome for posting all of that beautiful artwork! I love it all! The picture of her with the mirror and the evil (yet adorable!) little smile on her face is probably my favorite, but they all look great. I love seeing how different artists portray her character in their work. :D

Spoiler:
The picture with the main cast outlined in blue with the guilty party from each case in the background has got to be the most amazing AA fanart I've seen in a long time.

kaitouX wrote:

Tap wrote:

Which one are you talking about, hm?
Spoiler:
The Shih-na/Calisto one, maybe~?

Spoiler:
Yep, the Shih-na/Calisto is the one I was talking about. It is brilliant.

Criticus Maximus

Spoiler:
I just love how her theme song contradicts her personality so very much.

(Sp)ace Detective

Her laughing at inappropriate times was so annoying, I was filled with glee when we finally saw her damage animation.

NOT SO FUNNY NOW EH?
Attorneyatlawl wrote:
I think its "whorse" amirite?

(anyone that knows where this is from gets a cookie :3)

This?
Spoiler:
I can't get past the second cross-examination :sadshoe:

Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Spoiler:
I never liked Calisto - and even less when she was exposed as Byrne's killer and Alba's tool - but I thought she was alright. Now she's one of the characters I dislike a lot while still enjoying their fan art, like that hero-villain montage a few posts back.

Please be careful with spoilers. I didn't know this and now you have ruined the case for me because you were too ignorant not to use spoiler tags. >_> Thank you very much.

Aspiring to Inspire

I'm not sure where I stand but I find her all right. I mean, I love how she just bursts out laughing at Edgeworth. Plus, we have a few things in common: tears in the eyes when laughing, throwing head back and forward while laughing, self-consciousness, grooming in public, and having a slightly nasal and alto voice. XDD

Yeah; I agree to the smiley. That'd be awesome, seeing as I'd definitely use that a lot in substitute for this: XDD.
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

Idol of Polar Bears

Nego wrote:
Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Spoiler:

Please be careful with spoilers. I didn't know this and now you have ruined the case for me because you were too ignorant not to use spoiler tags. >_> Thank you very much.

Well, the topic title indicates ahead of reading that there may be spoilers, so I don't think there should be a need to hide anything.
Page 2 of 4 [ 140 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby