Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 2 of 3[ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: AAI Music DiscussionTopic%20Title

NOOOOOOOOOO MY INSTANT NOODLES

Pierre wrote:
Alpha wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Additionally Tyrell Badd's theme is IMMENSE. It reminds me of various Advance Wars tunes I loved.

I was thinking the exact same thing. :D
Spoiler: AAI-4

...Yeah. :garyuu:

XD LOVE IT!

Hell with that perspective throw a 'General Custer' style hat on his head and he'd resemble Carter from AW:DOR.
Plus I think some of the heavy percussion in his tune fits with the 'tinkering' themes of some of the CO's. His theme conveys a lot of weaponry to me.
+25% Baddass weaponry bonus gives greatly increased firepower. His CO Power renders his opponent utterly unable to act for the next turn due to the sheer force of his baddassery. His Super Power? You win. That is all.
Also, epic lollipop cannons are epic.
Though, in seriousness, I could see him being one of those COs with increased power, but in exchange for... something. I dunno what.

Keeping on topic, I also like all three Confrontation themes, but Presto is, of course, my favorite. You can just feel the tension, and as has been already said, it's got some great bass action.

Yatagarasu's theme is pretty damn sweet too.
"Every time I talk to Oldbag, my biological clock goes up by ten months"

Last edited by Alpha on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice is always wright ;)

personally,i greatly enjoyed almost all of the themes,they were modern and they were greatly enjoyable.

and i must say my favourite is ofcourse persuit - lying coldly(my favourite is always the persuit theme.....untill now lol :keiko: ),the volume of lying coldly was a bit low during the game,however it's really great when seperetly played on the computer on a higher volume :edgy:

the confrontation ones really suited the situation,it was either two poeple arguing,or simply one giving a testomony,either way it was really fitting,and alegero was really nice,it showed the feel of tension of the witness,and presto was the greatest of the 3,it was about the pure exitment of the climax,i liked how GK had 3 confrontation themes instead of 2 :will:

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

I'm sure I'll get objects thrown at me for saying this, but I don't understand why Confess the Truth 2009 is so popular. It is pretty solid, but it's still just an arrangement of Confess the Truth 2001 (or Confess the Truth 2004, if you prefer). I guess people just like that particular arrangement a lot...

Totally not my sig...

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
I'm sure I'll get objects thrown at me for saying this, but I don't understand why Confess the Truth 2009 is so popular. It is pretty solid, but it's still just an arrangement of Confess the Truth 2001 (or Confess the Truth 2004, if you prefer). I guess people just like that particular arrangement a lot...

:throws objects:
Although I think Confess the Truth 2009 is the most epic thing since epicness was invented, I did notice that Confess the Truth 2009 is actually the first half of CtT 2002 and the first half of CtT 2004 mashed together. Seriously, the sheet music proves it.

I liked this soundtrack, but there was way too much Great Revival in it. I mean, I don't mind a few seconds in Thrill Theme or in Confess the Truth, but I would've much preferred it if the Confrontation (Rebuttal?) themes and the Objection theme had been something completely original. Although the ending Great Revival was the coolest, most epic music I've heard in a long time. Yatagarasu's theme also sent chills down my spine.

The one and only

I don't like Confrontation ~ Moderate and Allegro. They sound so similar, I can hardly distinguish them. Better then JfA though...
The Objection theme wasn't bad, but I wouldn't say it was one of my favorites.

Announce/Confess the truth 2009 (what's actually the real name?) was just win.

[quote=Midnight Jasper]Although I think Confess the Truth 2009 is the most epic thing since epicness was invented, I did notice that Confess the Truth 2009 is actually the first half of CtT 2002 and the first half of CtT 2004 mashed together. Seriously, the sheet music proves it.[/quote]

Really? I never would have noticed. :yogi:

The Yatagarasu theme is epic. First I thought it was a reminiscence theme, but I guess it fits to the Yatagarasu.

Pursuit ~ However it is called now was a great theme, but in my opinion it's the worst of the whole AA series.

Kay Faraday ~ The Great Truth Burglar and Tyrell Badd ~ The Truth isn't sweet are great tunes but Shi-Long Lang ~ Speak up, pup! is damn over-epicness.

Spoiler: AAI-5
And who named Quecus Alba's theme "The enemy who surpasses the law"?! -.- Spoiled the case :sadshoe:

I knew I liked the music long before it came out -- what was fun was seeing how they used it. There were a lot of nicely timed music cues.

Spoiler: Case 4
Manfred von Karma getting the Great Revival fanfare entrance made me burst out laughing.

Perfect whine record

My top 3:

1. The Yatagarasu's theme
2. Yew's theme
3. Announce the Truth 2009

Here's ones I liked alot but not too many people have mentioned them
"Turnabout Up In Flames" is stellar
"Court-Guardians of Law" I thoroughly enjoyed
"Prosecutor's Murmur- Promise to Meet Again" sounded like something from "Cheers"

Favorite song was probably Presto. Favorite character themes go to (in no particular order) Lang, Badd, and Yew.
Also, I looooved Confess the truth and Objection!

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Oh, I agree, AAI's music is absolutely lovely! I usually just have about five favorites tops from each soundtrack, but I can honestly say I have a whole lot more in this one. I won't list them all here, because that would literally comprise of the entire soundtrack minus a few LOL! But here are my top faves:

Investigation ~ Middlegame 2009
    Logic ~ Way to the Truth
    Investigation ~ Core 2009
    Mikumo Ichijo ~ The Great Truth Burglar
    Shiryuu Rou ~ Speak Up, Pup!
    Wakana Shiraoto ~ Good Niiight
    "Swept-Away Turnabout" ~ Overture to Kidnapping
    Noisy People
    Interesting People
    Reproducing the Scene ~ The Gentleman Thief's Secret Weapon
    Ittetsu Baddo ~ The Truth Isn't Sweet

From what I've heard so far, anyway. I've yet to beat Case 5. Oh, and is it just me, or does the starting bits of Investigation ~ Opening 2009 remind anyone else of Trickster Online? xD

Idol of Polar Bears

shadowofedgeworth wrote:

Both are great themes, so this one is awesome as well simply by association.

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

shadowofedgeworth wrote:

When I listen to it on youtube I see arguments about which CtT theme it's based off. I see it as its own piece, and while I admit it has similarities to the others, it still sounds so very unique.

ChiOn

I like the musics in Ace Attorney, Trials and Tribulations most.I think those are really hot-blooded. The musics in AAI are good too but Ace Attorney, Trials and Tribulations are better.

...Jolly!

AAI's "Pursuit" theme is simply excellent. I'm currently planning on remaking it with a proper double-bass drumset when I've free time in the studio. Then again, all the series' music themes are well-fitting except for a couple occasions during JFA, that in my opinion were slightly out of place.

Yet AAI brings old and new themes to a new level without any major revolution. I'm just glad its music evolved without becoming banal, just like the game itself, which was a major risk, considered that this is the fifth game of the series. Slight evolution - major win.
"Like a gem, polished to a gleam through trials... and errors. It is this fruit we receive, and pass on, and face in our time. And it is always changing, growing. Nurturing it is our task as human beings."

- Judge's Wisdom, 4-4.

Your friendly, neighborhood eccentric =]

My top 7 (8???)

1.) Confess the Truth 2009
2.) Shiryu Ro ~ Speak Up, Pup!
3.) Investigation ~ Core 2009
4.) Mikumo Ichijo ~ The Great Truth Burglar
5.) Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly
6.) Ittetsu Bado ~ The Truth Isn't Sweet
7.) Yatagarasu ~ The Gentleman Thief Who Dances in the Black Night

Himiko Kazura ~ Let Me Laugh at the Cool 's been stuck in my head, too... Dunno if that's a good thing or not... o___0;;;

Also, has anyone else noticed how part of Confrontation ~ Presto 2009 (e.g. right after the intro) kinda sounds like a line from "We 3 Kings"...? ._.u

Say what now, pal?

My favorite track has to be Great Revival 2009! It's such a great epilogue theme! It reminds me of something you'd hear at the end of a cheesy 70s buddy cop movie (which is pretty much what AII was). Plus it just get's you so pumped!

Kýrie eléison

The music in this game was really kick-ass. At the very least, it outshines the GS2 and GS4 soundtracks. I'll be eagerly awaiting when pieces of the GK soundtrack are incorporated into the next orchestra release.
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

By Midnight Jasper! Much thanks!

Best soundtrack in the series, IMO. I like the new more orchestrated style it's been given. Then would come AA, then JFA, then AJ, then T&T. My top 6 for this one:
1. Confess the Truth 2009 (these could be switched)
2. Confrontation ~ Allegro 2009 (these could be switched)
3. Quercus Alba ~ The Enemy that Surpasses the Law
4. Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly
5. Two Embassies ~ The Land of the Butterfly and the Land of the Flower
6. Tyrell Badd ~ The Truth Isn't Sweet
I hope I got those names right! And as for the Moderate and Allegro confrontation themes, if you think they're the same, that's like saying all of the other ones are the same, because one is only MEANT to be a faster version of the other!

Got his Psychology degree in Borginia

I want a real orchestral version of
Alba
's theme.
I want it real bad :karma:

Now that I listen to it... it makes me feel like they committed genocide :meekins:

Last edited by Iban on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure if it belongs here, but where can I download the full soundtrack? The Complingpw page is down for nearly 2 months, and there are no news about it coming back anytime soon.

Kýrie eléison

Actually, that site does have the entire GK soundtrack for download (but everything else is still down).
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

Okay, I may suck at this, but when I click on those links it only opens the player in a new window, with no option to download it on my PC.

And it doesn't have the .rar of the whole ost.

Kýrie eléison

Szabu wrote:
And it doesn't have the .rar of the whole ost.

Come to think of it, someone posted a link to .rar downloads of all the GS soundtracks over in the Remix forum. Try digging over there. :phoenix:

Surf's Up!

Although I love the soundtrack, I still prefer both TaT's and AJ's over it.

As for my favourite track, it would have to be Shi-Long Lang's theme because it's so badass (and reflects his personality more than the other character themes do to their respective characters).

Jeff Davis

At first I found the tracks kind of "good but easy to get sick of." But the more I listen the more I'm entranced.

Here's my favorites. No order really

Himiko Kazura ~ Let Me Laugh at the Cool
Taiho-kun March ~ Bando Land Theme
Mikumo Ichijo ~ The Great Truth Burglar
Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly
Shiryu Ro ~ Speak up, Pup!
Crises of Fate
Ittetsu Bado ~ The Truth Isn't Sweet
Carnage Onred ~ The Enemy Who Surpasses the Law
Keisuke Itonokogiri ~ I can do it when it counts, pal!
Confrontation ~ Moderato 2009
Tricks and Gimmicks
Wakana Shiraoto ~ Good Niiight!
Prosecutor's Murmur ~ Promise to Meet Again

once again I find myself in favor of the character themes OTL
nope.avi

I miss some of the old songs, but overall I think the music in this one is really good.

Favorites: The truth isn't sweet, Let me laugh at the cool, the "you just won" song, Crises of fate, I can do it when it counts, pal!, the Yatagarasu song, and the lands of the butterfly and the flower.

The only two I didn't like were Great revival and the gentleman thief's secret weapon (the little thief song).

Call me Ishmael.

Best OST in the series IMO. I love how it's different from the other soundtracks. It's more... serious. And jazzy. And piano is love. <3 My favourite track is Calisto Yew ~ Let Me Laugh at the Cool.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

I thought the music was all right, but none of it really stood out and I doubt I'll ever find myself humming any of the songs like I did with the other games. My favorite, though, would have to be Confrontation Presto. And I've taken an odd liking to Noisy People LOL.
The miracle never happen. :nick-sweat:

Previously Cardiovore

Iban wrote:
I want a real orchestral version of
Alba
's theme.
I want it real bad :karma:

Hear hear.
Phoenix Wright: The Contempt of Court
FULL GAME AVAILABLE

Just a random passerby

I think the music was really good overall. My favorites were:
Badd's theme.
Calisto's theme
Lang's theme
The final cross-examination theme.
The Pursuit music.

Guess I'm the only one who can't stand Oldbag's theme. I admit it's fit's Oldbag well, but it's too annoying for me. Sorry, but in my opinion it's the worst song in AA history with the exception of Moe's theme.

Also, why does Great Revival play when Manfred appear's? While I don't have a problem with the song itself, it's just seems like a really odd choice for Manfred's theme.

The rest of the music was good. Really good overall. My overall AA music list is:
1. AJ. Yes, Apollo Justice is my favorite. (Get's shot)
2. T&T
3 Tie between PW:AA and AAI: ME I couldn't decide between the two.
4. JFA

Coffee-addict

Personally I like the Lying Coldly theme which kinda has this Magic, Great Thief theme in the music. I also found Ambassador Alba's theme VERY VERY intimidating. Seriously he's not evil he's just very very ruthless.
Spoiler:
At the top with Gavin and Hawthorne.

Also Shi Long Lang's theme is.....wow.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over

Cupcakes?

My favorite is Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles - Confess the Truth 2009

Spoiler:
On case 2 (DK) i found someone from a Phoenix Wright game and he went OVER 9000
plus i only on case 4 and Badou got in his mouth?

By Midnight Jasper! Much thanks!

Chelly2k9 wrote:
Spoiler:

What?

Gettin' Old!

Tombstoner wrote:
Chelly2k9 wrote:
Spoiler:

What?

Erm I'm sorry I'm afraid your grammar is a little hard to understand.

but...
Spoiler: Case 4 Minor Spoiler
If Badou is who I think you mean then it's a lollipop in his mouth.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

My name is Judge.

Some of my favorites are more... off the wall.

1) "Turnabout Ablaze" can be described as eargasmic. It's SOOO good, better than most of the soundtrack I.M.O.
2) "Court ~ Guardians of the Law" is another great one, I love the almost... ah... I can't think of the word, but it has a great essence to it.
3) "Calisto Yew ~ Let Me Laugh at the Cool" is so upbeat and matches her personality, plus the jazzy composition it has is a surprising turn for the better.
4) "Tricks and Baroque" just has that aura of discovery to it and the entire arrangement is very pleasant.
5) "Shi-Long Lang ~ Speak Up, Pup!" is actually got a really catchy beat to it, that just makes the song almost infectious.

Also, I, in an attempt to make the songs less lengthy on my iPod, did some name changing for the Soundtrack, if anyone is interested:

Spoiler: My Soundtrack Listings
1) Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigation ~ Prologue
2) Investigation ~ Opening 2009
3) Investigation ~ Middlegame 2009
4) Investigation ~ Eureka! (formerly: Contradiction at the Crime Scene)
5) Logic ~ The Way to the Truth
6) Investigation ~ Core 2009
7) Confrontation ~ Moderate 2009
8) Tricks and Gimmicks
9) Confrontation ~ Allegro 2009
10) Announce the Truth 2009 (formerly Confess the Truth 2009)
11) Tricks and Baroque
12) Confrontation ~ Cornered 2009 (formerly Presto 2009)
13) Pursuit ~ Last Resort
14) Jingle ~ Slight Break
15) Kay Faraday ~ The Great Truth Burglar
16) Shi-Long Lang ~ Speak Up, Pup!
17) Yatagarasu ~ The Gentleman Thief
18) "Turnabout Airlines"
19) Zinc LaBlanc II ~ Time is Money
20) Cammy Meele ~ Good Niiight!
21) "The Kidnapped Turnabout" ~ Disappearance
22) Blue Badger March ~ Gatewaterland
23) "The Kidnapped Turnabout" ~ Haunted House Tragedy (formerly Tragedy in the House of Horrors)
24) Congratulations Everybody, Once Again (formerly Noisy People)
25) Interesting People
26) Reminiscence ~ False Relations
27) Reproducing the Scene ~ Little Thief (formerly Reproducing the Scene ~ The Gentleman Thief's Secret)
28) Court ~ Guardians of the Law
29) Tyrell Badd ~ The Truth Isn't Sweet
30) Calisto Yew ~ Why So Serious?
31) Reminiscence ~ KG-8 Incident (formerly KG-8 Case)
32) Crises of Fate
33) Dick Gumshoe ~ I Can Do It, Pal! (formerly I Can Do It Where it Counts, Pal!)
34) "Turnabout Ablaze"
35) Two Embassies ~ Allehbahst and Cohdopia
36) Reminiscence ~ A Tale of Two Countries (formerly ~ The Land of the Flower and The Land of the Butterfy)
37) Quercus Alba ~ Diplomatic Immunity (formerly ~ The Enemy Who Surpasses the Law)
38) Soloution! ~ Splendid Deduction
39) Miles Edgeworth ~ Great Revival 2009
40) Prosecutor's Murmur ~ Promise to Meet Again

Last edited by Percei on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I like most of those name changes.

'Speak up, pup!' and 'Lying Coldly' are still godawful, though.

Is it just me, or does the Court theme sound like a remix of Trial '01?

My name is Judge.

It's a remix of Trial from T&T, which is, coincidentally, a remix of Trial from PW1.

Hmm, I made some edits,

I think instead of Lying Coldly, maybe... Last Resort?

and for Lang... I don't know, I kind of like it.

1000% Knight

Trial 2004 doesn't really sound like a remix of Trial 2001 O_o

However, considering the same guy did T&T and AAI, it's no surprise that Court 2004 and Court 2009 are very similar :P I think they are really only similar at the beginning, and then they go their separate ways.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Consider this puzzle solved.

Percei wrote:
It's a remix of Trial from T&T, which is, coincidentally, a remix of Trial from PW1.

Um, no. The beginning of Court: Guardians of the Law is a remix of both Trial from T&T and PW1. Trial from T&T is not a remix of Trial from PW1.
Say, that reminds me of a puzzle! Have you ever heard this one, Luke?

My name is Judge.

Ah well, I thought they sounded remarkably similar, but I guess remix is a bit of a heavy term.

Achtung, baby!! <3

I just loved : confrontation ~ presto and pursuit ~ lying coldly :edgy:
Page 2 of 3 [ 117 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby