Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 1 of 3[ 100 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Quercus Alba: Old or OLD!? *SPOILERS*Topic%20Title

The member who doesn't swear much

This old man is epic. So here's his fanclub!

Spoiler: Case 5
His true form, and his theme, are very creepy and actually reaching on scary imo.

Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

Last edited by BSX on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Quercus Alba: Old or OLD!?Topic%20Title

Perfect whine record

Wow great title.
Re: Quercus Alba: Old or OLD!?Topic%20Title

LyingColdly wrote:
Wow great title.

Thanks.

And I forgot to say:
Spoiler: Sorta spoilers for AAI-5 maybe? Probably not, but here's tags just in case.
I loved how had his own "OBJECTION!" and not only that but it sounded European! Obshekshyon!

Re: Quercus Alba: Old or OLD!? *SPOILERS*Topic%20Title

NOOOOOOOOOO MY INSTANT NOODLES

The thread title made me lol so much.

But yeah,
Spoiler: AAI-5
Alba was one of my favorite villains of the series. His appearance, speech, theme music, it all just radiated authority, power, and menace. He effortlessly manipulated everyone around him while under the guise of a harmless old man, and even when he was finally confronted, he still managed to turn things his way and keep slipping out of trouble even after his diplomatic immunity was revoked. He was arrogant and cold-hearted, holding not the slightest regard for anything or anyone but himself, and you could just feel the hatred Edgeworth and everyone else held for him. The way he managed to keep slipping out of trouble made it all the sweeter when he was at long last backed into an inescapable corner.

The part when Lang called him a bastard, and how he reacted, was one of the most epic things I've ever seen, period.

And honestly, his objection sounded more evil than von Karma's, if you ask me. I jumped from my seat when I first heard it.

Also, his theme is one of my favorite tracks from the entire series.
"Every time I talk to Oldbag, my biological clock goes up by ten months"

Alpha wrote:
The thread title made me lol so much.

But yeah,
Alba was one of my favorite villains of the series. His appearance, speech, theme music, it all just radiated authority, power, and menace. He effortlessly manipulated everyone around him while under the guise of a harmless old man, and even when he was finally confronted, he still managed to turn things his way and keep slipping out of trouble even after his diplomatic immunity was revoked. He was arrogant and cold-hearted, holding not the slightest regard for anything or anyone but himself, and you could just feel the hatred Edgeworth and everyone else held for him. The way he managed to keep slipping out of trouble made it all the sweeter when he was at long last backed into an inescapable corner.

The part when Lang called him a bastard, and how he reacted, was one of the most epic things I've ever seen, period.

And honestly, his objection sounded more evil than von Karma's, if you ask me. I jumped from my seat when I first heard it.

Also, his theme is one of my favorite tracks from the entire series.

You summed up everything I thought about him PERFECTLY. That Lang bit was great.

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

... You know, it's strange. I've been waiting for a topic like this to be created because Alba is one of my favorite characters, but now that it exists, I have nothing to say.

Also, I think he's more OLD than old.

Hello, Adrian.

Alpha wrote:

But yeah,

Spoiler:
THIS. Seriously, I loved how Alba just kept his calmness and arrogance even though the entire cast was going for him. And I loved Lang's RAGE and how he would just smile and show off his medals. XD
Best. Old guy villain. Ever. Maybe...nah...but almost as good as Von Karma. C:
Off-topic: The ambassadures sure are great at english, but i guess that's necissary. :yuusaku:

Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Personally, my favorite aspect of him was how HARD it was to finally bag him. He's like a final boss that actually has Final Boss grade HP. My only complaint was that, because we didn't see much of him, in either alter ego form, the final battle didn't seem too personable. ... that and Butz and Wendy should never be allowed on stage at the same time. 1 Comic relief character at a time is plenty awesome. 2 is over kill.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Spoiler:
I consider Alba to be one of the best conceived new character for AAI, and also one of the top villains of Ace Attorney series, though certainly behind Manfred von Karma and Damon Gant.

One of the most impressive moment is when Alba's facade was exploded, he entered into 'super-saiyan' mode and showed his true nature. The accompanying leitmotif,which is grandiose and aptly named ''Quercus Alba ~ The Enemy Who Surpasses the Law", befits a formidable villain who persisted doggedly to the end. It really takes a combined effort by Edgeworth,Franny,Lang,Gumshoe,Kay, with assistance from Oldbag,Larry and Colias, to take him down.

Not to forget one of his gestures which remotely resembles fascist salute,considering the deeds he had done.

PCHOOO

Alba is so terrifyingly powerful and evil. His transformation was absolutely spectacular. Fighting him was absolutely grueling and that made it fantastic.

I keep wanting to replay that case to fight him again, but I'm making myself wait a while and then replay the whole game so I don't get tired of it.

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

Wooster wrote:
Personally, my favorite aspect of him was how HARD it was to finally bag him. He's like a final boss that actually has Final Boss grade HP.

I actually found this to mesh amazingly with his analogies of how the interrogation was a game to him (until Lang busted in with the news). It was a long road, and before you lies the final boss.

Spoiler:
Did anyone find Quercus Alba's second form to be resembling something like Usopp from One Piece with 50 years added onto him, or is that just me?

Also, the way the 'final boss' played out struck me as being kind of interesting. You first cut him in half when you remove his diplomatic immunity. From there, you repeatedly cut him down to size, until you can really see his true, petty, backstabbing nature.

Every final boss (Damon Gant, Shelley DeKiller, Dahlia Hawthorne, Kristoph Gavin) managed at most to get a double kill before they were brought down. DeKillers were unrelated to the case, and it took nearly seven YEARS between each for Hawthorne, and Gavin. Meanwhile, Old Man Usopp killed off two people in about three hours, nearly destroyed an entire country, and set directly in motion the deaths of four more people. Yeah, I think he got the new high score.

Perfect whine record

How did he nearly destroy an entire country?

Also, I don't see the need for spoiler tags. You're bound to be spoiled in this thread, and this forum.

Idol of Polar Bears

LyingColdly wrote:

Circulating counterfeit bills in a country for 10 years can severely ravage its economy.

Alba, excellent boss and character, even if his true presence was only presented in the final act. One of my Top 5 New Characters for sure.

...Jolly!

I've finished AAI about one hour ago and I must admit I feel shaken. I'd never thought that a new villain could turn out being at the same level as Damon Gant. If not higher.

It felt like going back to 1-5, if you think about it, these two villains share much. A two-faced nature, a respectable (even if different) position, a strong will which leads them into abusing their rights, and while we're at it, they even both have grayish-white hair and beard. The main difference, I suppose, is the proportion of their crimes, which makes Alba a far more dangerous individual.
"Like a gem, polished to a gleam through trials... and errors. It is this fruit we receive, and pass on, and face in our time. And it is always changing, growing. Nurturing it is our task as human beings."

- Judge's Wisdom, 4-4.

Perfect whine record

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
LyingColdly wrote:

Circulating counterfeit bills in a country for 10 years can severely ravage its economy.

Alba, excellent boss and character, even if his true presence was only presented in the final act. One of my Top 5 New Characters for sure.

Oh, right. Forgot about that.

I like Alba. His old mumbling man form was pretty funny and his Carnage Onred form (that's what I call it, glad they didn't give him that name) was rather intimidating. I liked the fight he put up aswell.

Probarly my favorite boss.

CrimsonV wrote:
I've finished AAI about one hour ago and I must admit I feel shaken. I'd never thought that a new villain could turn out being at the same level as Damon Gant. If not higher.

It felt like going back to 1-5, if you think about it, these two villains share much. A two-faced nature, a respectable (even if different) position, a strong will which leads them into abusing their rights, and while we're at it, they even both have grayish-white hair and beard. The main difference, I suppose, is the proportion of their crimes, which makes Alba a far more dangerous individual.

After some pondering I decide to recant my previous statement, that he is of lower tier than von Karma and Damon Gant in terms of villainy. Now I couldnt agree with you more.

Apart from his murder count,directly or indirectly, the very fact that he wielded great power as ambassador(though stripped off by Lang) and the ringleader of an international smuggling ring totally set him apart from other villains, and moreover the other villains of other cases are linked to him one way or another,mostly as henchmen. The only other villain who can only remotely rival him in influence is of course Gant,who controlled both the police and the prosecutor office. His presence lingers throughout the game, despite appearing only at the last case. Yes, the extent of Alba's sphere of influence is never seen before in the game.

Also, it really took the whole cohort of good guys in the game to take him down,indirectly Bryne and Badd(add in Yew as they are a trio,despite her being a mole),directly Edgey,Franny,Lang,Kay,Gumshoe, and assisted by Colias,Oldbag and Larry.

Another achievement of his that is rather ironic and provides an impressive resume as villain: he was the war hero(as a general) of his country and the only recipient of a certain medal(which was crucial for the case),that along with his leitmotif and his 'fascist salute' while donning a military uniform. His transformation is awesome as well.

His only shortcoming is his villain breakdown, which is less dignified as compared to Gant or von Karma.

...Jolly!

Quote:
His only shortcoming is his villain breakdown, which is less dignified as compared to Gant or von Karma.

True, though in my opinion none of the AAI criminals had a proper, old-style breakdown. Everyone had an unique animation, but noone of them did 'em justice. Which was a tad disappointing... Alba looked as if all his pride was drained out of him, leaving only some sort of broken, hollow tree, which was rather awkward. Not necessarily bad, but it ruined the climax for me.
"Like a gem, polished to a gleam through trials... and errors. It is this fruit we receive, and pass on, and face in our time. And it is always changing, growing. Nurturing it is our task as human beings."

- Judge's Wisdom, 4-4.

Do you smell what the Jacques is cookin?

Spoiler:
I think what sets Alba apart, is that unlike Gant and Manfred, he was not an opportunist. Gant and to a lesser extent Manfred were more or less on the straight and narrow before their crimes. They both committed and covered up their crimes on quick judgments. Alba's been in all kinds of dirty business for far longer than either of them were (unless you count Manfred's forging, but we don't know exactly how many of his 40 years he was cheating during.) and never showed any regrets.

Alba shows no remorse, and keeps up his innocent charade as long as possible. Even after being cornered he is arrogant. There was never a moment where it seemed he was nervous. And it took the collective efforts of pretty much the entire cast of the game to take him down, whereas Phoenix pretty much takes Gant and Manfred down on his own (with a little help from his assistants.)

And as has been mentioned, his influence is felt throughout the game. Everything is leading up to him. AA is more or less unrelated to Manfred and Gant besides their respective cases.

I think his breakdown was pretty good. After so very, very long, he was finally captured. He thought he was invincible and untouchable, and Edgeworth took all his power, money, and pride away from him. His breakdown was all his anger being released from him.

Also, now whenever I hear this song I think of him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjohLh2z6L0

Idol of Polar Bears

Jacques Portsman wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, now whenever I hear this song I think of him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjohLh2z6L0

I was thinking of that just the other day OMG

They took some honey, from a tree...

I have only four words for Alba.

Why.
Won't.
You.
DIE!?

Ho-hoo, a right magnificent bastard of a villain, and he just wouldn't stay down!

Gettin' Old!

I could see him and Gant pairing up.

What really bothered me about him was...he blatantly KNEW everyone knew he was guilty but he could shrug it off with the lamest of excuses such as going to the bathroom and getting lost. I almost facepalmed at that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Kýrie eléison

There's one Alba moment I really liked that demonstrated his true essence:

Spoiler:
At first he was lavishing praise upon the Steel Samurai, but once Edgeworth called him out for not being a true fan, Alba changed his tune and dismissed Steel Samurai as a mere kids show. Talk about being absolutely craven.... I love that in villains.

Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

machinimator

There's really not much character discussion available without
Spoiler: MASSIVE SPOILERS
I'll be honest; it may have been because I had one mistake left on my penalty bar, but I honestly got a bit SCARED of my confrontation with Alba as it dragged on. Especially when he started getting impatient about my Press statements. His 'STOP.' animation was pretty forceful, too. I did like how pretty much everyone got surprised by his villainous reveal, pulling off the one aspect of murder-mysteries that's always hardest; SUSPECT EVERYONE. Things like his extraterritorial immunity made him one exalted person to be able to bring down a very long way. The only thing that would have made the massive fight with him better is if it had taken place in a more profound spot, like say the roof of the embassy with lightning flashing in the background.

I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Idol of Polar Bears

Katana wrote:
I'll be honest; it may have been because I had one mistake left on my penalty bar, but I honestly got a bit SCARED of my confrontation with Alba as it dragged on. Especially when he started getting impatient about my Press statements. His 'STOP.' animation was pretty forceful, too. I did like how pretty much everyone got surprised by his villainous reveal, pulling off the one aspect of murder-mysteries that's always hardest; SUSPECT EVERYONE. Things like his extraterritorial immunity made him one exalted person to be able to bring down a very long way. The only thing that would have made the massive fight with him better is if it had taken place in a more profound spot, like say the roof of the embassy with lightning flashing in the background.

With a fully orchestrated remix of Confess The Truth 2009 being played by the Gyakuten Orchestra. That would have been the shit.

Gettin' Old!

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Katana wrote:

With a fully orchestrated remix of Confess The Truth 2009 being played by the Gyakuten Orchestra. That would have been the shit.

Somehow this was the ending I figured would happen as well
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Kýrie eléison

Something a bit silly and/or stupid:

Spoiler: ENDING SPOILERS
One of Alba's last lines, "And I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling prosecutors" almost gives me the urge to write a crossover GK/Scooby-fic where Alba's haunting Gatewater Land with a Proto-Badger costume, and it's up to Scooby-Doo & Company to unmask him.

Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

Idol of Polar Bears

Cohdopia Over All wrote:

One of Alba's last lines, "And I would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling prosecutors" almost gives me the urge to write a crossover GK/Scooby-fic where Alba's haunting Gatewater Land with a Proto-Badger costume, and it's up to Scooby-Doo & Company to unmask him.

I smell dozens of eager cross-over fan fiction writers nearby.

Cohdopia Over All wrote:

...DO IT.

I SHALL LOVE YOU.

NOOOOOOOOOO MY INSTANT NOODLES

Cohdopia Over All wrote:

DO IT. NOW.

That would be the most awesome thing ever.
"Every time I talk to Oldbag, my biological clock goes up by ten months"

Idol of Polar Bears

Seriously, that reminds me of a scene in Wayne's World toward the end.

Spoiler:
Wayne: Excellent, we got through! Well that wraps it up but before we go there's just one more thing. *walks over to Benjamin being restrained by two officers* Let's see who you really are, Mister! *rips off mask* Why it's old man Withers, the guy who runs the haunted amusement park!

Withers: And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you snooping kids!

Rawr

I believe the Scooby Doo line confirms Edgeworth>Fred

Kýrie eléison

BSX wrote:
...DO IT.

I SHALL LOVE YOU.

Alpha wrote:
DO IT. NOW.

That would be the most awesome thing ever.

Uhhh, perhaps now would be a good time to explain that by "almost", I mean I would do it if I had any experience in writing fics. Then again though, I suppose there's always a first time for everything.... :bellboy:

Aspiring to Inspire

I have one thing to say: He brain-raped me. Much worse than Gant ever will.

Seriously, and I quote Olrik:
WHY
WON'T
YOU
DIE?!
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

Why even go with Scooby Doo characters? I say take AA characters and place them in the roles.

Edgey: Freddy
Ema: Velma
Larry: Shaggy
Oldbag: Daphne

And Missile as Scooby Doo?

Gettin' Old!

King of Courts wrote:
Why even go with Scooby Doo characters? I say take AA characters and place them in the roles.

Edgey: Freddy
Ema: Velma
Larry: Shaggy
Oldbag: Daphne

And Missile as Scooby Doo?

I'd say Edgey's more of a Velma Gumshoe a Freddy
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Honestly, I was going to put Gumshoe as Scooby-Doo.

>_> It fits.

Ich liebe dich, baby~

Hands down, the best villain in all the Ace Attorney games so far. He has a Gant feel to him but on a more dangerous and menacing scale. He really does feel like the final boss, doesn't he? The sprites, the deep objection voice, the music, the fact that every suspect you've encountered up until that point were his minions, and that everyone actually needed to band together in order to bring him down... Classic.

Kýrie eléison

Nii wrote:
He has a Gant feel to him but on a more dangerous and menacing scale.

Spoiler: "GK story-arc"
Adding on to why Alba is a superior villain, aside from the events and fallout of SL-9 and the murder of Bruce Goodman, we never have any confirmed cases of Gant doing anything with his power over the city police force and Prosecutor's Office. However in GK, we have Alba & Company wasting people left and right. By the time GK ends, they had earned a combined high score of nine confirmed murders (if you count the victim in GK-3, who would still be alive if he wasn't framed by the Amano Group in the first place). Compare that to the four deaths caused by Dahlia's schemes (even though no less than three of her criminal plots were utter failures), the three deaths achieved by Gant (both legally and illegally), and the two murders committed by both Manfred von Karma and Kristoph. With this relative success, it's almost sad that Alba won't have a chance to trouble our heroes in GK2.

Well..... unless the trial in Cohdopia becomes FUBAR, giving Alba a non-guilty verdict there and making his guilty verdict in America/Japan seem shaky. Imagine all the intrigue and bloodshed Alba could yet cause if he sees any chance whatsoever to win an appeal and walk out of prison.

Idol of Polar Bears

Yeah, despite all of the overwhelming evidence any accused person can walk free (as evidenced my 2-4) if their defense attorney is convincing enough. Although, I'm not sure how much "enough" is to convince the court that years of economic deconstruction and illegal trafficking are justifiable. I bet Kristoph could do it, though.
Page 1 of 3 [ 100 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby