Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 9 of 128[ 5082 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 128  Next

Re: CR Mafia Dead: Hazakurain TempleTopic%20Title

Boss Velotix wrote:
Information was leaked the second I received it, so you were pretty screwed there. ;)

At the end of the day, you two played very well. I trusted you two to the point that I thought I was doing a good job when I reality I was playing right into your hands.

As for offing you early, the Mafia had good reason for delaying your deaths. The only reason Regy didn't die a day earlier than he actually did was because Penny went and cancelled our hit by attacking Ethed! XD

What was the reason? You guys would've had a better chance if you'd killed us.

Penny: I'll be sure to contact you when Round 4 starts. :edgy:
ImageImage

Last edited by R. Bond on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' like it's 2024

R_Bond wrote:
EDIT: We already know Koolkevk's in the Mafia, as well as Cream. I don't know why they're still trying to act clueless; it's not like the Mafia can come back and kill them all. :edgeworth:

They don't know that you know. It's my fault again; the Mafia was reliant on me the entire game for info. To be honest the game was over the second I died; that's also why we were happy to let Ethed die - even better when they withdrew (which I also had a hand in because we wanted to speed up Aokage's death; I thought of every contingency - except the possibility that you were hoodwinking me :( ).

Regarding the details of the Mafia's internal scheming, I'd need to double-check, but long story short, we agreed that killing you out of the blue would have made me look overly suspicious. Again, I was under the impression that I had you fooled and we were not prepared to expose me.

...Ironic. XD

EDIT: Just to clarify, Ethed was going to leave the game on their own anyway; I just asked them to withdraw rather than be killed so that we could get on with the game... and lynch Aokage. XP
Does we even do these things anymore?

Boss Velotix wrote:
As for offing you early, the Mafia had good reason for delaying your deaths. The only reason Regy didn't die a day earlier than he actually did was because Penny went and cancelled our hit by attacking Ethed! XD

....Goody? Then I demand Regy to grovel before my ghostly tail,for I sacrificed myself! :P
-coughcough- I didn't read the Dee role well enough.Didn't know I'd get killed.Wasn't even sure if she even was the Godmother.

Edit: I love DxK's Mafia theme song.Never even played Portal but the song rocks.

Last edited by Penny_Nickels on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Velo: No, by "we", I mean the townies. We had whittled the list down to those two during the night. The rest of the townies should know by now. Why they're acting like they don't is beyond me.

Dammit, Cody! What the hell is she thinking!? She's going to create a deadlock and no one's going to get killed! Stick to one person! Damn, I didn't realize how much they'd fall apart without me. I even laid it out for them and everything!
ImageImage

Last edited by R. Bond on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' like it's 2024

Well, by killing you the game is guaranteed to go on for another two game days. Perhaps they want to keep up the suspense? :P

... *sigh*

...Oh, hell, I'll ask. This goes to everyone: if you were me, would you want to participate in round 4 as a player? :/

If I were you...?Well, I'm participating,so is that an answer? It's not like someone's got a grudge on ya.

...You might be lynched early just because people would be worried about you from the sneakiness in Round 3. :gymshoe:

Last edited by Franzise Deauxnim on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jammin' like it's 2024

I mean more in the context of "are you sure you're not going to be voted out on day 1?" Look what happened to Nego. :(

Yeah, what Franzise said. :P

I was Godmother in Round 2. Look how long I lasted. :gymshoe:
ImageImage

Jammin' like it's 2024

Fair comment. Mind you, you got pwned pretty badly in Round 2. That must have sucked.

I guess you learnt from it. :D

R_Bond wrote:
Dammit, Cody! What the hell is she thinking!? She's going to create a deadlock and no one's going to get killed! Stick to one person! Damn, I didn't realize how much they'd fall apart without me. I even laid it out for them and everything!

I feel your pain. Truly, I do. Why can't more people be master strategists? D:

Last edited by Velotican on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

...Eheh.Nego wasn't 'voted' out. I killed him out of revenge.-Mwuahahhaha!-
@Franzise;Wait,sneaky?You said yourself,you 'didn't understand why they came after me' because I wasn't a threat.

And I don't care if I die early,just means I start planning early for the next round.It's kinda exciting to me.

I may or may not be here.

I say don't let this round get you down. I don't think it's fair to go after someone because of the previous round, in fact, I don't even remember who was what last round besides myself and Wrestlemania.
I'm in next round, what you do is up to you.
ImageImage

Jammin' like it's 2024

If I'm honest, I'd love to GM the next round way more than play it, but it's not my baby to call the shots on and I know how hard it is to let something you created go. I recently heard that the WoW guild I created has effectively disbanded; it all went downhill once I left. :/

Penny_Nickels wrote:
@Franzise;Wait,sneaky?You said yourself,you 'didn't understand why they came after me' because I wasn't a threat.

That was a bluff to attempt to throw some suspicion on Regy. :yuusaku: I figured you died for trying to vigilante Ethed.

I think you would make a good GM Velo. You have already worked wonders for the Hurt&Heal games.
ImageImage

For me, any grudges I had in a previous round goes away in the next round. We all have completely new roles, and different roles require different behaviors to survive. I'd probably trust Velo in Round 4 until he give me a reason not to. Holding a grudge on someone who's in a completely different situation than when they backstabbed you before is pointless.
ImageImage

I usually won't hold grudges unless I was directly and deliberatly lied to. But that's gone now,'cause revenge makes EVERYTHING better. :edgy:

Velo,do you plan on making your own game or just quit?I'm confuzzled.

Jammin' like it's 2024

Boss Velotix wrote:
I think you would make a good GM Velo. You have already worked wonders for the Hurt&Heal games.

Thanks. Problem is, those damn H&H games are already rekindling the old-school WoW stress I had. I might actually take you up on your offer of assistance, Don. :D

R_Bond wrote:
I'd probably trust Velo in Round 4 until he give me a reason not to. Holding a grudge on someone who's in a completely different situation than when they backstabbed you before is pointless.

It's funny, because most of the people from round 2 that played in round 3 would not agree - and I capitalised on that. :P

Harboring grudges from past games is incredibly dangerous. If you can't start with a fresh slate, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

Jammin' like it's 2024

Penny_Nickels wrote:
Velo,do you plan on making your own game or just quit?I'm confuzzled.

The idea is for me to take over this game for MSOB so he gets a chance to play it for a change. MSOB has mentioned several times that he's never actually played an online Mafia game before; it's not really fair and he's obviously gotten stressed out running the last three rounds. I'd be happy to run round 4 - and because it's the Manfred von Karma round, I want to make it a special event and most importantly, an experiment. Round 5 might end up being experimental too, what with Canon!Gant, Ema, Lana, Meekins, etc.

How does DxK know that there are two mafians left?

e × e = e²

Sorry, whatever I decide for 1-4, 1-5 is definitely mine. Ema~ :>
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ethed wrote:
How does DxK know that there are two mafians left?

I told them before I died.
ImageImage

1000 questions

Alright... if you guys want to frame me as a crook that's fine. Do whatever it takes...

I've lost a friend whom I woulda done anything for. I never meant to cheat and I standby that. If the tears in my eyes is what you wanted, you can rest assured that you succeeded.
Best pickup line ever: "Just like my coffee I'm good till the last drop." - Godot

...?
ImageImage

e × e = e²

Each mention of foul play, cheating, and other rule violations invariably lumps Chihiro's actions in along with them when speaking of this round. It's understandable, given that use of alt accounts in any forum situation is highly frowned upon. However, I already explained that the players aren't entirely to blame for this round's shenanigans. It's oversights on my part, such as this, that give Velotix drive to temporarily relieve me as CR Mafia's Game Master.

I'm still looking over Velotix's suggestions for Round IV, but for now the official word is that 1-4 will be delayed for a while as I continue to consider the possibilities and recuperate from this round.
ImageImageImageImageImage

PCHOOO

Velo, I for one would not vote for you right away, mostly out of a hope that next time we would be on the same side. We NEED the good players to keep playing, not to get killed right off the bat, ja?

Jammin' like it's 2024

...Bah. Cream147's about to die. The Mafia are screwed beyond repair at this point.

The real issue with the game is the issue of the wild cards. They constantly side with the Townies and it's this that makes the game overly one-sided. Perhaps we should give all the wild cards a starting faction which they can choose to defect from? :)

There needs to be an incentive for the wild cards to choose to play the Mafia side.

I was thinking about that at one point. I like the idea.[/brokenrecord]
ImageImage

Jammin' like it's 2024

Don, you're one step away from becoming a yes man. :P

Would you care to elaborate and provide suggestions? :)

The main reason Wild Cards side with the Townies is because they count towards the Townie death count. If the wildcards didn't count for either side, they might be more willing to side with the Mafia once and a while.
ImageImage

(That's why I did the "broken record" thing! XD)

What I was thinking is that there could be the ones who are always on one side. (Phoenix, Godmother, etc) They don't get to change.
Then you have the ones who have powers who can change sides. They start on one side or the other. If someone decides to change sides they would PM the GameMaster and let them know. Nobody else gets told of the change unless the person changing tells someone. That way you don't have all the wild cards helping one side but let them still have some freedom.
ImageImage

Don, on a completely unrelated topic, what the hell was that thing in your sig you told me not to click?
ImageImage

Ready to RAWK!?

I'd assume the Prosecutors would be Mafia, to be perfectly honest...
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.

Why would he prosecutors be Mafia?
ImageImage

Ready to RAWK!?

*looks at Manfred & Franziska*

... Should I explain? :gymshoe:

We can keep Edgeworth though, because otherwise, Gumshoe will have to be Mafia (He sticks with Edgeworth).
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

The Von Karmas seem more like rebels than members in a Mafia.
ImageImage

Jammin' like it's 2024

Here's the gist of things then, without going too in-depth into the roles:

The dominant roles of the Townies should focus on finding out who specific people are, but not very quickly, and details on allegiances should be difficult for the Townies to obtain. The townies' abilities should make them heavily reliant on the daily vote to root out their victims. In round 3, the lynch vote has surprisingly little power, so it should be beefed up significantly for the next round. A dual/triple lynch role character should exist that gives the Townies extra speed with greater risk.

The Mafia roles should focus on quick player execution at high or very high risk, with very powerful general investigative roles - as demonstrated by round 3, the role is not as important as the person playing it - the most dangerous players in round 3 were regular Townies. The Mafia should be difficult to find and difficult to destroy; their roles should focus on who needs to and who does not need to be eliminated for the Mafia to achieve victory. For the Mafia, the details are unimportant.

Manfred von Karma needs to be powerful enough to win the game on his own. He should be capable of recruiting wild cards but have a play style that strongly discourages affiliating with anyone unless absolutely necessary. His role should make him the ultimate information gatherer and player sniper, because he'll need everything he's got to win.

Double-barreled roles (i.e. investigation and kill powers) should be significantly nerfed or removed alotgether.

Thoughts? ^^

Ready to RAWK!?

Maybe... though Franziska would make a good Mafia Boss...

We'll have to make her the Godmother in 2-2 anyways, since Morgan died. :gymshoe:
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.

Jammin' like it's 2024

I just can't see von Karma taking orders from someone without wanting them to give him orders, so I gave him his own one-man faction which makes much more sense to me. :)
Page 9 of 128 [ 5082 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 128  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River