Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River

Page 24 of 27[ 1053 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Re: The LAWYERMAN! ProjectTopic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

Keep the brush from your orginal design, I like that brush the best. :3 It's all looking good, and Vera will end up having bits from all of them. XD

*clangs pots together* Come on guys! More Discussion! More Wiki Editing! XD

We REALLY need to focus more on Lawyerman, the poor sap is the main character and we have no ideas on his family life, his backstory, how his personality is going to be... We can't deprive him of that.

I'd say

Agreed, that's why i'm proposing CATCHPHRASES: yes, you heard me, I'm actually proposing cheesy one-liners (Puns or not) for each character!
This may seem silly, but think about it...almost every comic hero/villain has one, so why can't we?

Oh yes, almost missed it: those 2 new Vera designs are exelent!, difficult to choose, perhaps we can combine them...

What is my liiiife?!?

Hmm... I'm not so sure about that. I mean, we can, but I'm keeping the quotes on the wiki. I think it's more modern than a catchphrase.

*scoffs at the only four posts that have been made since two-day break*
Like I said... THIS INACTIVITY IS UNBEARABLE! :ka-whip:

Anyway, yes, we do need moar development on Lawyerman. XD I was actually thinking this the other day.

And I say yes to catch phrases. XD That'll be fun!

Lawboy: "Here comes JUSTICE!"
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

For great justice!

No, no, Lawboy's has to be "It's JUSTICE time!"

So, hm. I've been watching this project since near its inception- I even considered submitting my OC at one point, but the thread had pretty much died down then. But since I forgot about this awhile back and it seems much more lively around here now, why the heck not?

...Besides the fact that it'd only be a cameo. But anyway! NOTE: I tend to ramble. You have been warned- don't complain if you suffer from tl;dr.

“Hyarion”

A.K.A.: N/A

Relatives: None of relevance.

Height: Tall-ish

Weight: Average

Eyes: Green, almost gray

Hair: Short, thick, brown

Personality: Thoughtful, extremely non-aggressive. Will not start a fight unless forced.

Affiliations: None in particular. He's made sure to let COURT (and any heroes he bumps into) know he's on their side, though. (Basically, he's an ally rather than a member of COURT, since he's really not in the area a lot at this point.)

Abilities: Ranges. He is able to jump between alternate universes, and his powers manifest slightly differently in each one. Usually, he would be able to take on the element of whatever weapon he's wielding and gain some elemental attacks, but in this superpower-focused universe, that seems to have been replaced with the ability to neutralize superpowers directed against him so he can fight the users on his own terms. For that, he has some knowledge of swordplay that he learned from the previous Warden of Terra. [Note that his power only applies to "super" abilities- not "natural" abilities like mad ninja skillz.]

Weapons: Terran Blade, a sword infused with the element of light and handed down by the Wardens of Terra. [Both names are subject to change- I've had this character for ages and I only made those up right now. >_< ]

Background: The Wardens of Terra have existed back beyond recorded history. They all hail from Earth, and each possesses the ability to jump between alternate universes- the "Gift", as some call it. Their duty is to protect their home universe (Earth) by preventing evil in alternate universes from growing powerful enough to threaten it. [i.e. timespace-bending villains] Their Gift also helps out with this by allowing them to be aware of such threats- though in a very vague sense, as they don't know the specifics of when or where, just which alternate universe they need to be in. There is only one Warden at a time, and that person remains the Warden until he finds another Gifted individual and passes the duty on to him or falls in battle. The next Warden in line is usually his son or daughter, but sometimes that's not the case- for example, the last Warden married an offworlder woman (and, incidentally, fathered Mario and Luigi, who are heroes in their own right, but that's another story.) In these cases, a descendant of a long-dormant Warden bloodline will awaken and eventually become the next Warden. Regarding the Terran Blade, it holds the role of a sort of "initiation trial" for new Wardens- whether they have to earn the sword from the current owner or recover the blade after a Warden falls in battle, they are not truly the next Warden yet until they obtain the Terran Blade.

So what is he doing here, anyway?: Long story short, he sensed the events from Aeon's future (though he doesn't know that much, of course, just the general threat) and came to Lawyerman's universe to find out what was going on and how to end the threat to his home universe.

Luke: Layton's #1 Apprentice

*fixy wiki fixy wiki*
Also, if somebody can come up with a 135x135 logo, I can put it in place of the Wikisite one. XD
Web developer by night, school student by day. That's how I roll.

For great justice!

I misread your post and developed this as a 165x165 icon. Worse yet, I didn't notice it until I scrolled down to hit Submit. Bleh. Ah well, it gave me a chance to clean up some transparency issues.

...Also, let me take a sec to say that Ceres' art is amazing stuff.

Really, it can say anything you want it to. Got something better?

Nah - I don't have anything better to say.
I used the second one from your list.

With a touch of JavaScript magic (and a bit of CSS), the logo is now replaced with the Lawyerman project logo. And linked to the home page. All I can say is I'm happy that innerHTML was invented. And works in all major browsers.

:)

(I also removed the Google Ads.)

Thanks, luke! You're so helpful. :D It's awesome!

You made some cool banners, Hyarion. :)
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

I'd say

Wow, they look great.
And thanks for the compliment btw XD.

Not humble, goddamnit.

A question about your wiki.

You realize that the ads were there to generate revenue because you guys haven't paid for the wiki, right? And you're now essentially stealing server space?

(Me, I'd love to find a way to just move the ads below the toolbox...)

Well, there's nothing in the T&C's about not changing the theme, nor was there anything about not removing the ads.

So there. XD

What is my liiiife?!?

Nevertheless Luke, I don't want the wiki to get into trouble and get pulled down.

Please put em back.

As you wish, oh mighty commander.

Ads readded (well actually, just unhidden by CSS).

Uh, HEY! *nudges thread awake*

I was liking some of the discussion going on before the thread kind of randomly started dying. Especially stuff about our main character!

Let's start with the basics. What do we know about Lawyerman?

Well, his real name is Phoenix Wright. He used to be a defense attorney, but now he's a councilman for the Law and Order Committee. His super powers include flight and energy manipulation.

I've also read his origin story that was posted somewhere early in the thread, but I don't think I can recite it word-for-word...

And I know he has a lot of allies, but does he have any sidekicks? From what I understand, Lawboy idolizes him and Lawyerman's friend Stargazer is Lawboy's sidekick. And Starstorm also sticks around Stargazer, so I guess she's some sort of sidekick of a sidekick? XD

Anyway, we need some plot on this guy! Aeon is far from enough. Cool lines? Potential love intrests? Let's discuss!

What is my liiiife?!?

Sidekick wise, it goes a bit like this. Starstorm is there after Comet kicks the bucket. Then she goes back for training. Since we're altering the timelines this can be where he meets Lawboy, and he helps Nick on a temp basis. When Maya comes back, she helps him again full time, with Pearly getting involved in certain incidents, and Polly also appearing every so often.

After that, I don't know. At some point he adopts Trucy, and Lawboy goes full time. We're mushing together AJ and PW at once to make it all fit, you see.

One part is a little vague... Is Stargazer usually LAWYERMAN's sidekick or LAWBOY'S sidekick?

What is my liiiife?!?

It's like the Canon

Lawyerman(Nick) + Stargazer(Maya) (And sometimes Starstorm (Pearly))
Lawboy(Polly) + Magician.

Urgh, it's confusing but basically it goes

Comet -> Stargazer -> Lawboy -> Stargazer (+ sometimes Starstorm or Lawboy)

Then Lawboy branches out to his own heroism. Like Nightwing. :)

Thanks, Gerk! I've always been confused. On the first page it says that Stargazer is Lawboy's sidekick. >_>

What is my liiiife?!?

... Strange.

Another question... what year is LAWYERMAN! set in? We have a lot of "unknown"s for ages on the wiki. XD

If we went by the PW timeline, all of the ages would be scewed up. And I doubt we're going by the PW timeline, because you said PW and AJ are squished together. And seeing how it says Klavier's age is twenty in the wiki... maybe we should make it up as we go?

What is my liiiife?!?

Well, theres an easy way to put it. :3

Everyone from PW is the same age. It all starts in 2016, same as in PW. However, the AJ characters ages will also stay the same. We just move up their birthdays to make it make as much sense as we can.

So they'll all be the same age as when they first appear in the games? Okay! :3 *prepares for an editing rampage*

Edit: Can I have the liberty of bumping up Viola's age a bit to make it closer to Kristoph's?
Edit2: Also, what should Madame Moneybags' age be?

I'd say

Aaaaw....Fatalfeline, doing al the Grunt work XD. /jk
Do as you wish, we can always change it later if it needs to.

XD

It's my pleasure! :3 I like editing.

*is totally doing grunt work*

For great justice!

You know, the problem is that Phoenix himself doesn't really have much backstory.

...I suppose we can make something out of the whole "betrayal by Dahlia" thing. :yogi:

Edit: Come to think of it, there's really not a whole lot of backstory planned at all. We should start with the easier stuff like the Manfred/Gregory/Miles situation (...was Gregory a hero as well? I'll have to brainstorm a bit as to just what DL-6 was in this alternate universe...) and I've got a feeling that the harder things like Lawyerman will fall into the framework we've built.

Seeing "Gregory" and "hero" in the same sentence made me grin and gave me a spark of inspiration as well. :D

Hero:

“Abacus”
Relatives: Miles Edgeworth
Height: Tall
Weight: Average
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Greyish-black
Abilities: Uses power of mathematics to modify reality, under set rules and boundaries
Weapons: His mind
Notes: Of course, his name was inspired from Gregory Peck's role as To Kill a Mockingbird's Atticus Finch. Atticus sounds like Abacus, so I thought he should have math-related powers.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

... Abacus...?

XDDDD Rofl :'D

What is my liiiife?!?

Abacus... XD Oh dearie me...
The only problem with that is, we seem to have two reality shapers (Not counting Viola, who we need to nerf).

Anyways, small discussion point! The Gavineers need two more members to fill their ranks out. I think they should be ones we make up ourselves, and make small contributions to the plot every so often. The reason why? Well, lets look at the band as it stands.

Lead Guitar and Vocalist: Klavy
Bass Guitar and Vocalist: Daryan
Piano: Machi
Vocalist: Lamioir.

There's no DRUMS. :D Also, they need a second guitarist to play Rythm Guitar. Gavineers sounds like the sort of band that'd have guitar duels. :3 So we can make two original members for the Gavineers, if we want to. Any ideas?

I'd say

Rythm Guitar: Cid
Superhero alias: Haze

He's a chain smoking bas player, what more can you want?

What is my liiiife?!?

Me and Ceres have been discussing him, and we haved decided he will be called Cyd, he is British, and he is an undercover member of MI6. :3

Technically, Daryan is second guitar. Don't we need a bass player instead?

(Or we could just make Daryan a bass player. I think it suits him! XD)

Edit: MI6 = HELL YES

What is my liiiife?!?

Well, many bands have guitarists that can play two types and swop around depending on the song, so maybe we could do that. Have Dariyan play 2nd guitar and Bass, and Cyd can play Rhythm guitar and bass. That way it makes sense for Klavy to play acoustic as well as electric, they're all extremely musically gifted :)

The second member is 'Flayer' Freya, former member of a popular metal band, and drummer to the Gavineers! In contrast to Cyd she's uptight and health conscious. She works for Intepol.

I'd say

Yey, you used her! (>_> you know what i mean...)

Let's get charts and art up for them! :3

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

I think the main page needs a little sprucing up. Although, there's no edit option...

What is my liiiife?!?

Yeah, only admins can do it. >.< And dunno what we should do with it.

If you can design it I can give it to LukeGB and he can implement it for us. :3

I think the front page should be updated regularly, screw how developed the pages are. :(

Unless they poke around a bit, guests coming in and looking at the wiki will think we haven't made much progress at all.

What is my liiiife?!?

I hold the exact opposite opinion FF.

I'm refusing to update the front page lists until they're up to 'Jazz Standard' XD

And when exactly will pages get to that point? XD
Page 24 of 27 [ 1053 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Eagle River