Board index » General » Press Conference

Page 1 of 3[ 84 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RPG Hero, my own webcomic!Topic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

LINK TO THE COMIC: http://rpgherocomic.wix.com/rpghero

ABOUT: I've been working on this project for quite some time. For those who don't like to read, in short, it's essentially a comic that parodies the common tropes you typically find in old-school RPGs, but builds itself up with its own characters and story line so I could set it apart from just a typical parody. I had this idea in my head for about the past 5 years, started to try focusing on it about 2 years ago, and really got to working on it beginning last year. I'm hoping to bring along a good story line and characters that people will enjoy.

As of right now, I've got a cover page, world map, a couple of profiles, and 10 pages worth of prologue to check out. I will be updating the comic daily for the first 10 days, then I'll be switching to updating once a week on Friday. Hopefully as I get better at working in digital programs, the update schedule will increase.

To explain a little on the artwork, issues 2-13 were done in a different program before I was able to get my hands on a better digital program to make my issues, so just to give a heads up on the slight art shift.

Anyways, I hope it's something you guys will check out and I hope it's something you guys will like. I've always wanted to share this idea with others in hopes of giving them something they can enjoy. Thank you so much to those who take the time to check this out, I'll try not to disappoint!

...and here's my cover page for the first chapter of the comic for those interested!
Spoiler:

On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same
Re: RPG Hero, my own webcomic!Topic%20Title

The Real Human Being

FAQ: Will be updated when people ask me the same question frequently, so far no questions have been asked more then once.

DoMaya wrote:

It...it just started.... =(

*snivel* *hic* you meanie.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Just bumping the topic to say that the comic has been updated and will be updating every Friday for those who want to check it out. 12 comics are up with more to come in the future.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

The Real Human Being

And so we should expect to see more every friday?

Also, I'm telling my little circle of friends about it, let's see how many views you get.

Yes, I'm updating every Friday! I'm hoping to eventually update twice a week if I can start getting fast enough.

And thanks a bunch too, that really means a lot! It really motivates me to want to make more!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Issue 14 is up!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Posting here to say that issue 15 is up!

Also went ahead and made a banner for the comic as well.
http://s228.photobucket.com/user/dullah ... 5.png.html

Comments and critique are always welcome! Thanks to those who are checking out this comic, it means a lot to me!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Since last post, a few new issues have gone up.

I've also added a new section in the EXTRAS section as well as updated the profiles page as well.

Click here to check it out!

Comments and critique are always welcome and thank you so very much to those who are checking this comic out!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Selling myself out again for the sake of nothing! New webcomic issue is up!

To anyone who reads this, I've been planning this for a while, and in two weeks, I'll be switching the format from a 4-panel to a full page. Since the story will soon pick up, I feel it will serve a better purpose to let the story go at a decent pace without dragging it out. I've got a lot of ideas to where to take this and I'm happy to share it with you guys!

Thanks to those who are supporting this by reading this, it means a lot to me! And for those looking for updates, I'm updating every Friday!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

New issue #24 of my comic is up for viewing pleasure!
Bloodiest issue I've done yet!

On a note, this is the last issue I'll be doing that's just 4-panel. The comic will soon hit a point to where the story will start to pick up so I'll be adjusting the look of the comic and making it go full page instead! Which means more to read each week! I'm looking forward to start getting to the meat of the story and sharing it with everyone! I hope you'll enjoy it if you haven't been already! Thanks again for reading this guys!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

I just want to confirm since it seems pretty quiet here
I read your comic :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Thanks, Pierre! That means a lot! =)
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Issue #25 is now up! Like I said before, I'm doing my comics in full page format for now on to help with the progression of the plot! Not to cover up the fact that I've gotten a bit more efficient at making these now to be able to pull off a full page a week or anything... >_>
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same
Re: RPG Hero, an RPG parody webcomicTopic%20Title

Just wanting to post to let those who are reading my comic know that I'll be updating every Tuesday and Friday during the month of December!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

A new character has been introduced in the fray! Introducing Melchizadek, a poor disillusioned sap who thinks he can only become strong by finding a weapon that may or may not exist and using it to defeat the least intimidating person alive.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Haha he looks cool, is he based on Gilgamesh?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Of course! Love Gilgamesh. When I was initially coming up with his design a few years back, I was getting off of a Final Fantasy V kick, and I actually got inspirted by the various colored wardrobe and covered face of Gogo, but the silly character itself was inspired by Gilgamesh because I figured the main character needed some silly recurring character.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Updated with two new comics this week! In these issues, Strife and Lance must figure out how to get into Lancaster Castle, so they follow the obvious RPG logic and split up to go talk to random townies. RPGs make sense!!! Link is in my sig like always!

By the way, since Christmas break is here, I'll have more time to work on this stuff. I plan on getting some more concept sketches of characters, areas, and whatnot so you can see just how weird I am.

I'd also like some input as well. If you guys have any ideas on what I can do to make the comic or the site look better, let me know, I'm always up for suggestions. Also, if you have any creative ideas on what you'd like to see or what not, let me know!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Updated my comic with yet another issue. In this one, Strife learns the meaning of true love as he stands baffled at the way news is able to travel so quickly in a manner of seconds. Link is in my sig! Thanks for reading!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

Moved to the Press Conference since the thread advertises a project that isn't connected to Court Records or the Ace Attorney games. Also, I've given the comic a look. I think I'm going to enjoy it. Here's hoping it doesn't suffer the same fate as most of my fan fiction.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Aww man Lance is so great, Strife should give him more credit, after all he was right about the Inn :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

@GeneralLuigi: Thank you very much for checking it out!!! I've been very passionate about wanting to do this for the past few years, so I'm hoping to keep it going and to try my best to keep it interesting too!

@Pierre: Strife is a pretty logical thinker though, I'd think he'd have a hard time accepting Lance's theories, even if they are correct most of the time. I think he just can't come to terms that he lives in a very weird and abnormal world.

Also, new issue is up! In this one, our heroes realize why teenagers must save the world instead of a bunch of properly trained soldiers!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Last new issue of the year is up!!! You can come and check it out right here! I've also went ahead and added 3 more pictures of some concept art, which includes a couple of characters and a sketch of one of the cities! If you want to check it out, just come and check over here!

Since December is now over and I have other things that are going on and what not, updates will be going back to just Friday only, so I'll be UPDATING EVERY FRIDAY!!!

I want to say too, I really, REALLY am VERY thankful to those who have been sticking it out with me and checking this comic out, reading it, and letting me know what they think! It keeps me motivated and it means the world to me. I've really been wanting to do this project for years now and to finally see it happening and getting to share it with others is such a blessing! I'm hoping as the New Years comes that I'll be able to continue to share my twisted comic with you guys!

Hope you have a Happy New Year's too!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

In my headcanon I'd always assumed equipment limitations (well asides from armour) were down to the individual's preferences (Lance loves Lances) or their individual training. As much as Strife might like to use a gun, it's a complex piece of volatile machinery for strange borderline medieval times and he wouldn't know what to do with it.

That or gun laws and licenses.

Also I love the porkchop puns on Melchie's art though I'll admit I don't understand "sea boar" or "Curing ham". I keep thinking it should be "Helping/Healing Ham" (Helping/Healing Hand) unless it's because cured ham is a type of ham.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yeah, if only Strife could get the license points required to equip a gun...

Yeah, not all of them are puns, I so wish I was more creative! I wanted to create a sea based one, but couldn't think of anything pun related at the time I drew it and realized I hadn't used a boar. As for the Curing Ham, it is based of off cured ham like you speculated, but I really like the idea of Healing Ham, it sounds really neat! I think it'd be a great idea to use that on the obvious stronger palette swap of the Curing Ham. XD
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:

Yeah, not all of them are puns, I so wish I was more creative! I wanted to create a sea based one, but couldn't think of anything pun related at the time I drew it and realized I hadn't used a boar. As for the Curing Ham, it is based of off cured ham like you speculated, but I really like the idea of Healing Ham, it sounds really neat! I think it'd be a great idea to use that on the obvious stronger palette swap of the Curing Ham. XD

Moist, Juicy or Dripping Ham for the water-element porkchop?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Moist, Juicy or Dripping Ham for the water-element porkchop?

Those wouldn't be bad, but I didn't want to do too many puns involving adjectives as I felt it might get a little too stale.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Don't call me Shirley

As an avid RPG player I definitely could relate to a lot of jokes, so if that's what you were going for, well done :shoe:

Have you ever thought about crafting an RPG maker project ? Your comics would make great cutscenes, and I can't help but feel that some of the jokes would be perfectly fitting for NPC conversations, items descriptions, an the likes !

Shtak wrote:
As an avid RPG player I definitely could relate to a lot of jokes, so if that's what you were going for, well done :shoe:

Have you ever thought about crafting an RPG maker project ? Your comics would make great cutscenes, and I can't help but feel that some of the jokes would be perfectly fitting for NPC conversations, items descriptions, an the likes !

Thanks! The original intent of this comic is to poke fun at all the common tropes found in old RPGs, so I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I haven't really thought about RPG maker as far as this comic goes, but I think it'd be neat to turn it into a game one day, but that'd be very, very far away! The story would have to be fleshed out more and right now, I only have the bare bones of the whole story, but still, I think I'd have lots of fun doing the flavor text.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Don't call me Shirley

Quote:
I haven't really thought about RPG maker as far as this comic goes, but I think it'd be neat to turn it into a game one day, but that'd be very, very far away! The story would have to be fleshed out more and right now, I only have the bare bones of the whole story, but still, I think I'd have lots of fun doing the flavor text.

You could always aim for a short game, with like one town and 3-4 dungeons. That would still leaves plenty of room for funny NPC conversations and side quests, item descriptions, boss fights and so on !

Shtak wrote:
Quote:

You could always aim for a short game, with like one town and 3-4 dungeons. That would still leaves plenty of room for funny NPC conversations and side quests, item descriptions, boss fights and so on !

Honestly, I really have no interest in wanting to do that right now as I really want to put my full focus on the comic first right now. Still, I'm more than open if other people would like to do it someday! I think it'd be pretty awesome!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Issue #37 of RPG Hero is up! In this little issue, it seems that Lancaster's soldiers may defy RPG logic and actually do something useful! =O
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

Hmmm I think I smell a fourth party member....or perhaps an early boss battle....hell it's not unheard of, perhaps both!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Something tells me that this "useful thing" they are about to do is show the readers how tough and/or clever Robin is.
I'll always love you, Max.

Can't have somebody clever without having somebody stupid. =)
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

#38 of RPG Hero is up! In this issue, the soldiers of Lancaster learn what's most important to them...
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

#39 is up! In this one, Lance and Strife face their most challenging task yet. Talking with generic NPCs. Thanks for reading!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I'm Lauren Order, and I'm fine!

Decided to check this out, cause why not. It sounded like a pretty cool idea for a webcomic. And now after catching up completely... I love it! Strife and Lance are the perfect comedic duo and everyone is incompetent enough to make it true-to-gaming-life. So now I am a newly initiated follower of your comic :edgey:
Don't be a Phony Phanty... save Bum Rap Rhiny today!

Lauren Order wrote:
Decided to check this out, cause why not. It sounded like a pretty cool idea for a webcomic. And now after catching up completely... I love it! Strife and Lance are the perfect comedic duo and everyone is incompetent enough to make it true-to-gaming-life. So now I am a newly initiated follower of your comic :edgey:

Thank you very much Lauren!!! Glad you like it so much, I'll try not to disappoint!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same
Page 1 of 3 [ 84 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Press Conference