Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 5 of 5[ 194 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Bands you like but are embarrassed to admit.Topic%20Title

Princes Kept the view

The Sandwich wrote:
So by that stretch of the imagination, every British pop rock band is ska. They're fucking pop rock.

I was saying that they might be ska. I couldn't tell what kind of music thery are so I just guessed.
Thanks DNR
My fanfic 3 Truths 1 Law
Mother: Miyako Chinatsu
Father: Yaragorm
Siblings: oddy, MaxSavar, kitsunaii

I'm the one who's supposed to say that!

Yellow Magician wrote:
Kenny 57 wrote:
Where do you live? cause I've heard of them too but I only heard one song "Heartbeat" but that song kicks ass. Also I think they might be Ska, they are british after all.

You are such a tosser

I lolled.

As a note, it's the various people from Carribean islands, Florida, and occasionally California, who make Ska. Reel Big Fish, for example.

However, I just don't like Brit music. Too Pop-rock.
Avast! It's Pirate/Matey Day!

Princes Kept the view

Mike Christiansen wrote:
Yellow Magician wrote:
Kenny 57 wrote:
Where do you live? cause I've heard of them too but I only heard one song "Heartbeat" but that song kicks ass. Also I think they might be Ska, they are british after all.

You are such a tosser

I lolled.

As a note, it's the various people from Carribean islands, Florida, and occasionally California, who make Ska. Reel Big Fish, for example.

However, I just don't like Brit music. Too Pop-rock.

I know but most ska is from Britin. Also what's a tosser?
Thanks DNR
My fanfic 3 Truths 1 Law
Mother: Miyako Chinatsu
Father: Yaragorm
Siblings: oddy, MaxSavar, kitsunaii

Gettin' Old!

Kenny 57 wrote:
I know but most ska is from Britin. Also what's a tosser?

British insult, I don't like most of our music as well the accents bug me mostly. Apart from in say....Pirate Metal like Alestorm but Ska by Real Big Fish I love but I don't hear much else thats Ska.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. EAT SNACKOOS.

Kenny 57 wrote:

Um... awkward question. I live in New York on one of the five islands... but I'm not telling you which one. You understand.

I think I've heard their entire album via YouTube, but I particularly like "She's So Lovely" (first SFG song I ever heard, and I immediately fell in love with it) and "Keep On Walking."

The Sandwich wrote:
So by that stretch of the imagination, every British pop rock band is ska. They're fucking pop rock.

Um, I don't know what ska is. *shot* Anyways, I'm pretty sure they're pop rock, which is why I'm embarassed to like them because anyone who knows me knows that I despise most pop rock. Then I feel like a hypocrite, and anyone who knows me knows that I despise hypocrites. Which is what I meant when I said that they go against all the music I believe in, just to clarify.
Why is it that every time I smell cleaning products I feel the urge to scrub the kitchen floor with a toothbrush while wearing yellow rubber gloves and listening to the Village People's "In the Navy"?
137 days until AAI in the US! :king:

Ska is a mix of Reggae and Punk Rock.

I do not consider any of the Brit music I've heard to be Ska.

Also, a Tosser is the same as a Wanker, I believe, and in American terms, it means Jerk-off, Jackass, Asshole, Dick, etcetera.

Brit Music is Pop Rock.

Gettin' Old!

Mike Christiansen wrote:

Also, a Tosser is the same as a Wanker, I believe, and in American terms, it means Jerk-off, Jackass, Asshole, Dick, etcetera.

Brit Music is Pop Rock.

Makes me wonder what American's have for country-based insults.

Jerk-off isn't one you hear over here much but the others are pretty universal I'd say.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Yeah, well, I was just pointing out such words Americans use, regardless of other nationalities.

On that note, uh... Retard? Dipshit? Ho-bag??

I am Kasu, hear me roar

Location: The only city where you can be a loud rabid fangirl and still be one of the masses - NYC!

lol what an odd time to come into the convo...
Signature by Vickinator.
sprites | help wanted | fancases
YouTube | Squiby
Re: Bands you like but arrrrrr embarrassed to admit.Topic%20Title

Back OT:
Kelly Clarkson. >_> What makes it more embarrassing for me is whenever one of my friends finds out, they don't go "Lawl, you like Kelly Clarkson." Instead, they say "bawwwww, you like Kelly Clarkson? Awwww" for whatever reason.
Cows. :D
Just cows.

Herr Blondie wrote:
Mike Christiansen wrote:

Brit Music is Pop Rock.

Makes me wonder what American's have for country-based insults.

Jerk-off isn't one you hear over here much but the others are pretty universal I'd say.

If you kids want a literal definition, it's the name for someone who has a masturbation problem, another word for Wanker.

So in retrospect, none of those are remotely right except "jerk-off"

Also I like Ali Project. Don't tell anyone
mother of the year~

Well, yeah, but I wasn't giving the literal....

Probably, because most people say those insults without knowing what they mean
mother of the year~

The literal for most insults:
Jackass - Donkey
Asshole - Anus
Motherfucker - One who has sexual relations with a mother or mothers
Retard - Taken from the Latin word for slow
Tosser - One who "Tosses off" or masturbates
Jerk-off - One who "Jerks off" or masturbates
Jack-off - One who "Jacks off" or masturbates
Dick - Penis
Pussy - Vulva

I could go on, but I'd probably be banned.

Anywho, is it a bad thing that I like LeetStreet Boys?

Mike Christiansen wrote:
Anywho, is it a bad thing that I like LeetStreet Boys?

No, I did/do too. :3
Cows. :D
Just cows.

Yuri the only one for me
Try so hard to make you see
Yuri the only one for me
Priceless like a PS3
Yuri the only one for me
You and I make Nintendo Wii
Will together be
WoW lvl 70

Ace Sidekick!

Jesse McCartney.

Some people think he's a pop singer for little girls ._.

Jesswee wrote:
I'm a little hesitant to tell people I like Linkin Park. So many fan haters. Saying you like Linkin Park is like walking into a Final Fantasy forum and saying, "Hi guys FFVII is really cool, don't you think?"

I thought that would lead to give you praise, considering there are still a ton of people out there who are the diehard kind of fans for VII... I don't understand them, mostly cause I just don't see why VII was so great or could still hold up to today's games...

Um, Bands... can't really think of any... with most of the music I listen to, it happens a lot that I like only certain songs they sing and the rest I don't care about. 99% of the music I listen to is Japanese to begin with, so can't think of any where I'd be embarrassed to admit that.

In terms of English music... I guess M-Michelle... uh... Michelle Branch. I only heard her singing "All You Wanted" and I still like that song, although I haven't listened to it in a few years. Others I don't really mind admitting, but don't want to be labelled as a "fan" is Nickelback. Linkin Park had a few neat ones. Um, I think Evanescenes, too. Last one I liked there was My Immortal and Last Breath.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

Michelle Branch! :D

I'll give her props for making an honest-to-goodness song about friendship.

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

The "All You Wanted" one? Yeah, it's nice. I was gonna sing it with the school band, but on the day we were to start practicing it, I was on a field trip to a Concentration Camp, but went back for band afterwards. Dunno why, but I somehow seemed incapable of singing into a microphone at that point... that was the start of losing my place as the singer...

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

CatMuto wrote:
Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:

The "All You Wanted" one? Yeah, it's nice. I was gonna sing it with the school band, but on the day we were to start practicing it, I was on a field trip to a Concentration Camp, but went back for band afterwards. Dunno why, but I somehow seemed incapable of singing into a microphone at that point... that was the start of losing my place as the singer...

C-A

Yes, "All You Wanted."

Oh, that blows. :(

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I'm not embarrassed about any artist I like and I shouldn't be.
I love Korean boy bands and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

"Is it poisoned?"

Wow...so I'm not the only closet Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco fan here? Yes! Personally, I listen to a lot more P!ATD than FOB, but that's not too important...

I actually like a couple songs by Michelle Branch as well. I know "All You Wanted" was mentioned, and I also love her song "Everywhere". There's a lot of music that I'm not a closet fan of, it's just people don't know I'm a fan of that type of music, if you know what I mean.

Asking Alexandria.
they have so many haters. they used to be my favorite band when stand up and scream was out. reason being i'm a breakdown fanatic. the music was pretty predictable. breakdown, chorus, breakdown, breakdown, electronic bridge, breakdown. pretty boring formula since the whole album was like that. reckless and relentless was pretty much the same, just more sound. this band is unfortunately terrible live. there is no argument to that. look at the youtube videos. though i still listen to them, they will never be my "favorite." Hopefully their new sound goes somewhere. It's refreshing for this cliche ridden band.

Pixel Artist

I like Alexander Rybak, Basshunter, N*SYNC and the Jedwards. (Please, don't ask.) But many people put me down whenever I mention their names. DD:
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Gettin' Old!

Anyare wrote:
I like Alexander Rybak, Basshunter, N*SYNC and the Jedwards. (Please, don't ask.) But many people put me down whenever I mention their names. DD:

Well I can admire the dedication the Jedwards put into their performances at least. I saw that video of one of them breaking his ankle on stage after a 'Busted' jump and he just got up with support from his brother and kept on singing.

Also didn't Alexander Rybak do a REALLY good entry for Eurovision a while back? Like Praan or something it was called?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sheer badassery

Hoo boy, now keep in mind that I'm not super extroverted with my taste in music IRL, but I'm listing these bands/musicians anyway. IMPORTANT NOTE: ...Don't judge me.

Muse. Now, this one isn't because people in my area hate it, this one's because people keep assuming that I like Muse only because of Twilight(which I dislike).

Nightwish. No one in my school knows anything about this band, and when I show it to them, people either looked confused about the lyrics, or assume that I'm emo.

MCR. I've listened to them even when I was young, but again, people assume that I'm emo because I like them.

Anime Theme Songs. Only my family and teachers know that I like them, and once I told someone that I like to listen to them, and she looked at me funny. The next day, I was pretty much considered a weeaboo at the school...Even though I'm not.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and almost any J-Pop and J-Rock. It's cute, catchy, and just plain awesome. Unfortunately, where I am, many people consider anything foreign "weird".

VOCALOID and UTAU. Look above for info.

90's Pop Music. Come on, guys, it was only two decades ago, yet people give me weird looks for listening to it.

TL;DR, I like J-Pop/Rock, "emo-y" music, and many stuff that very few people around my age at my school like to listen to.

Gettin' Old!

xBadass-Shih-na~x wrote:
Muse. Now, this one isn't because people in my area hate it, this one's because people keep assuming that I like Muse only because of Twilight(which I dislike).

Anime Theme Songs. Only my family and teachers know that I like them, and once I told someone that I like to listen to them, and she looked at me funny. The next day, I was pretty much considered a weeaboo at the school...Even though I'm not.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and almost any J-Pop and J-Rock. It's cute, catchy, and just plain awesome. Unfortunately, where I am, many people consider anything foreign "weird".

90's Pop Music. Come on, guys, it was only two decades ago, yet people give me weird looks for listening to it.

TL;DR, I like J-Pop/Rock, "emo-y" music, and many stuff that very few people around my age at my school like to listen to.

Muse is actually pretty popular most places I go, didn't even know it was associated with Twilight since the films. Hey it's not like they can control where their music goes.

I went through a phase of liking anime theme songs and j-pop in school and yeah I was a little shy about it as well. I had some friends who liked anime and I could talk about it with them but once I musta had my music on too loud on my MP3 player in bed and my brother was like "The hell are you listening to?" (it was some mermaid melody music a friend had sent me) and I just blushed and changed the track and mumbled "nothing".

Also people give you weird looks for 90's pop? I grew up around that stuff and it's excellent, far better than modern pop music's standard.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sheer badassery

Pierre wrote:
xBadass-Shih-na~x wrote:

Muse is actually pretty popular most places I go, didn't even know it was associated with Twilight since the films. Hey it's not like they can control where their music goes.

I went through a phase of liking anime theme songs and j-pop in school and yeah I was a little shy about it as well. I had some friends who liked anime and I could talk about it with them but once I musta had my music on too loud on my MP3 player in bed and my brother was like "The hell are you listening to?" (it was some mermaid melody music a friend had sent me) and I just blushed and changed the track and mumbled "nothing".

Also people give you weird looks for 90's pop? I grew up around that stuff and it's excellent, far better than modern pop music's standard.

You're quite lucky, my friend. I'm stuck in a middle school, in the South, no less, and the only music most of the students aside from myself know are music that plays on the radio. Although my friends know at least some of the music I listen to.

In other words, unless it played on the radio or if it's the latest fad, 90% of the other kids at my school won't know about it, for some reason I can't comprehend.

The Thinker

I really like Coldplay but most of the fans are like "yeah man im huge clodpleh fan my favrit snog is paradise" and I don't really like to associate myself with shitty fanbases.

I like Matt and Kim too.

The dwarf geeky panda!

I like Nickelback...

Yes throw me tomatoes I will not take back what I said!

I also still love Green Day!

Can Disney be consdered a band? Yeah, I'm 21 and I still have some Disney songs in my Ipod, shame on me... But... I can't delete them, some of them are genuinly good in my opinion.
Please don't hit me...

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oh come on dude, nothing shameful with Disney songs :will:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Ace Explorer

Shao-Mae wrote:
Can Disney be consdered a band? Yeah, I'm 21 and I still have some Disney songs in my Ipod, shame on me... But... I can't delete them, some of them are genuinly good in my opinion.

I only have one such song in my library... But the amount I like it (and sing to it... a lot :ron: ) more than makes up for the quantity in the 'embarrassing' department.
Especially because the song in question is 'Let It Go'.
Well? Are we going or what?

I am admittedly a Green Day fan since I was 10 or 11. Dookie was the first CD I bought myself... Their music influenced my life, mostly because I find their songs so relatable. I still listen to songs like Basket Case, Walking Contradiction, Brain Stew and Minority at times, though nowadays they aren't my number one band.
Page 5 of 5 [ 194 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club